PDA

View Full Version : Holy golden ball bags batman, Killzone 2 @ E3 is looking a-bloody-mazing!

highpass
07-11-2007, 11:07 AM
IGN have posted their impressions (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803129p1.html), and a slew of clips have invaded the net. If this plays half as well as it looks, I'm buying a PS3.

Yes, it's not as technically impressive as other games, but immersion and fluidity-wise this game looks nuts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/imageholder/4knruc3.gif

CAMOUFLAGEiPOD
07-11-2007, 01:09 PM
The way that guy blind fired backward over his head, looked fantastic. The in game footage was impressive,very chaotic and my kind of game. I just hope it plays as good as it looks.

MALDUNE
07-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Never did like killzone but does look sweet and by the ooks of it seems a decent game to pick up on release!!

Rand al Thor 19
07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
The trailer looked pretty good and i'm sure all the Sony fanboys will claim that this game is the Second Coming. It's not coming out till next year though.

SegaSaturnSNK
07-12-2007, 12:24 AM
AI seems stupid as hell but wow, the game looks fucking amazing. 100 times prettier and better looking than Halo 3.

JonnyC VT
07-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Shhhh...

We don't want PS3 owners to get cocky...

I'm sorry, but First Person Shooters don't play very well on the Playstation brand. Their controller sucks for that purpose. The analog sticks are so close together that my thumbs end up having intercourse with each other instead of executing with precision and skill.

You're right, it does look good, but it has to play good at the end of the day. We'll see, but keep the PS3 loving talk to a minimal, my ears are bleeding.

Love,
~Jonny

Jdm
07-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Killzone 2 looks Great! My bro loves Killzone and can't wait for it to be released. He still plays the original every now and then.

Don't forget guys, at last year's E3 showing...Sony put out some fantastic looking "teaser" trailers, but none of the games that were released actually looked that great.

Rand al Thor 19
07-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Honestly, I don't see the reason people should be excited for this game. It's a sequel to a HORRIBLE first game. Yes the graphics look good, but I but it plays like shit.

PerpetualHeaven
07-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I have yet to see a game that portrays a guy falling down like that (your GIF you posted of course). It looks like a real human just did that. Also for conformation, that is real time as someone was playing the game from what I understand. For full information check this out:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6174036.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

bplayak
07-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I watched the preview live on G4 TV yesterday and the game does look absolutely beautiful. The beginning of the game made you feel like you were just sitting in the middle of a movie. I may pick it up for my PS3 but I may rent it first. I'm afraid that while the graphics may be spot on and really use the PS3 to it's fuller ability, it may not play that well. We shall see soon!

PerpetualHeaven
07-13-2007, 03:49 AM
I watched the preview live on G4 TV yesterday and the game does look absolutely beautiful. The beginning of the game made you feel like you were just sitting in the middle of a movie. I may pick it up for my PS3 but I may rent it first. I'm afraid that while the graphics may be spot on and really use the PS3 to it's fuller ability, it may not play that well. We shall see soon!

You can say that about any game though. Of course all gameplay is in doubt because a video can't portray how much fun something is. That's why I see a problem in the over hyping of Mass Effect.

highpass
07-13-2007, 08:39 AM
really use the PS3 to it's fuller ability

Useless trivia, but never listen to devs that yap about this crap. No game for either the 360 or the PS3 will make proper use of "teh potentials" for a good number of years yet.

FlyingAE86
07-15-2007, 02:59 AM
You can't just judge on how the first game sucked or how the videos looks. Anything could happen. This could have be a Halo Killer, or it may be another average FPS.

I thought the PS3 controller was the same as the 360's. They both feel the same.