PDA

View Full Version : Can't take it anymore...

Jellybean468
07-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Ok, so I'm quite noobish when it comes to this game. I repeat combos, I don't time things right, and I don't really know how to play anyone, despite having the first Blazblue since late last year. I'd love to be able to effectively play Hakumen, Arakune and Valkenhayn as they are my favourite characters, but my mind just shuts everything out.

I'm currently Level 29 in this game and just can't win anymore games. Everyone is too good at the game. I've even messaged some level 90-100's I come across in ranked as I figured they've already been supremely over-leveled, but they don't let me win, just make me feel bad at the game.

I've done 58 challenges, and I think that is the best amount I can do. I was trying for the DLC character challenge achievements, but can only do Makoto and Platinum up to 4 and Valkenhayn up to 5. Everyone else is at either 20 or 30%, excluding Lambda at 40% and Hazama at 50%. Just thinking that I have to do another 20% for Mint Condition and 42 challenges for Superior State of Mind makes me sick.

For Great Justice is also giving me a lot of trouble, as well as Legion mode, even on Normal difficulty. Health carrying over between battles means that every character lasts for 1-2 battles, 3 at most.

Just a note too - I cannot for the life of me play on :ls:. I just have to play on the :dup: to even do quarter-forwards and quarter-backs. I also have lots of trouble chaining http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/FlightHavok/down.gif http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/FlightHavok/forward.gif http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/FlightHavok/downforward.gif .

So I guess the whole point of this thread is asking you guys:

How do you 'get good' with a character? How did you effectively learn to play as your main/sub?

Would the new controller with the adjustable D-Pad work better for me? Or a fight stick perhaps?

General tips?

Thanks guys :)

Jakez123
07-03-2011, 10:05 PM
loool i vsed you online and saved the replay, ima watch it and tell you how to improve.

edit, yea you were playing as noel, i nearly perfected you twice, from the film it looks like you go headfirst and rarely block

doubt the d-pad will help UNLESS you use it, but i use the analog stick, getting good requires efficiency of executing combos, even if you had 100% in challenge mode but took 100 attempts to execute a combo, it shows you havent learnt it.

learn the bread n butter for hakumen, it does like 40% of the enemies health and make sure you can use it effectively.

or spam tager and spam his grab attacks for insta-wins

Jellybean468
07-03-2011, 10:40 PM
loool i vsed you online and saved the replay, ima watch it and tell you how to improve.

edit, yea you were playing as noel, i nearly perfected you twice, from the film it looks like you go headfirst and rarely block

doubt the d-pad will help UNLESS you use it, but i use the analog stick, getting good requires efficiency of executing combos, even if you had 100% in challenge mode but took 100 attempts to execute a combo, it shows you havent learnt it.

learn the bread n butter for hakumen, it does like 40% of the enemies health and make sure you can use it effectively.

Haha that must have been today when I was playing against literally everyone either Noel or Ragna, so I raged and selected Noel :D Got my 100 ranked matches achievement though ;)

I'll try some Hakumen in training tomorrow, it's the combos I have trouble with. For example, with Hakumen, I end up just spamming his forward C attack because I don't know how to do anything properly :p

AZNg0d104
07-03-2011, 11:04 PM

That hurt me. :'(

I haven't quite played this game in the longest time, so my info might be a little off. Currently playing Mortal Kombat, but I did get tired of using my thumb on my analog stick. So I decided to buy a fightstick. It did help a little bit with the combos, but it is all on your skill and dedication to learning it.

For my main, Tager, I know that he is the strongest, correct me if I'm wrong, but he is also low tier. He can't dash and has a Drive that magnetizes the enemy if hit. I use that to my advantage.

For my sub, Litchi, I could not pull off any combos without my fightstick, so it is recommended that you use one if you want to main Litchi. Her combos are flashy and fun to use. But you need to master her staff.

What I'm trying to say is, learn about who you want to main. Go into practice mode with them and keep playing. That's how I learned.

Hope this helped. Again, I'm sorry if I'm a little off.

Jakez123
07-03-2011, 11:43 PM
tager is my only problem, i find him so cheap, but i suggest you practice hakumen, i have seen hakumens which can effectively counter and combo effectively to win, hakumen is deadly if you can use both of them skills

AZNg0d104
07-04-2011, 02:49 AM
tager is my only problem, i find him so cheap, but i suggest you practice hakumen, i have seen hakumens which can effectively counter and combo effectively to win, hakumen is deadly if you can use both of them skills

Tager is low tier. Has been for Continuum Shift and Calamity Trigger. Can't dash or air dash. And uses magnetization on his opponents to win. Also, Tager has a huge hit box. There's many ways of defeating Tager, unless you're up against Mike Z.

Jakez123
07-04-2011, 09:52 AM
tiers are for queers no offence, tager spam > majority of noobs + medium skilled players.

i could learn him and do the same, but i dont follow tiers or "cheap characters"

Simperheve
07-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah, i've been having a lot of problems online too. I'm only lvl 6 and the only character i can fight any good with is jin (and yet i still suck) D:
If you need a beginner-y type person to play with, i wouldn't mind playing a few rounds.

AZNg0d104
07-04-2011, 06:45 PM
True. I don't follow Tiers either, but still, if you can't win against Tager, then something's wrong.

Jellybean468
07-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Ranked is no longer a problem for me :) I met a level 88 today and I asked him if I could win a few matches, he said that he wouldn't let me win on ranked because it would affect his PSR and ratio, but player matches he was fine with. So we played 50 player matches today and I was getting 290,000 XP a go, and I reached level 40 from 30 and he said he'll help me get to 50 over the next couple of days :) Now only Score Attack and Challenge mode remains... >.>

Jakez123
07-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Ranked is no longer a problem for me :) I met a level 88 today and I asked him if I could win a few matches, he said that he wouldn't let me win on ranked because it would affect his PSR and ratio, but player matches he was fine with. So we played 50 player matches today and I was getting 290,000 XP a go, and I reached level 40 from 30 and he said he'll help me get to 50 over the next couple of days :) Now only Score Attack and Challenge mode remains... >.>

Lucky you man, what is this guys gamertag? if hes willing to help people maybe he can help me also?

Jellybean468
07-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Lucky you man, what is this guys gamertag? if hes willing to help people maybe he can help me also?

I don't really want to share that, I don't think he'd appreciate me taking his life away aha :p

Jakez123
07-05-2011, 10:37 AM
thats fine, as of my last posting im travelling fast up the ranks, i didnt notice ranked matches give you uber exp. at around lvl 40 how much exp do you need to rank up?

Jellybean468
07-05-2011, 02:58 PM
thats fine, as of my last posting im travelling fast up the ranks, i didnt notice ranked matches give you uber exp. at around lvl 40 how much exp do you need to rank up?

I remember reading it somewhere, think it was 21 million but don't quote me on that.

Jakez123
07-05-2011, 09:31 PM
oh god, if thats true, i'll be here for time, but its part of the challenge i guess, i also love hearing "Jin Win" cause it makes no sense

Jellybean468
07-05-2011, 09:50 PM
oh god, if thats true, i'll be here for time, but its part of the challenge i guess, i also love hearing "Jin Win" cause it makes no sense

Well I played around 25 matches before with the level 88 guy, and I only went up to 42 from 40. Each level was about 3 and a half million XP off each other. So, if that's the case all the way up to 50, it'll be approximately 28 million XP.

Jakez123
07-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Well I played around 25 matches before with the level 88 guy, and I only went up to 42 from 40. Each level was about 3 and a half million XP off each other. So, if that's the case all the way up to 50, it'll be approximately 28 million XP.

what the ...... time t find a boostin partner =( these level 24 badkids are not satisfactory anymore

Jellybean468
07-06-2011, 03:09 PM
what the ...... time t find a boostin partner =( these level 24 badkids are not satisfactory anymore

Yeah, the ranking up in this game is awful.

sera07
07-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Just a quick one, what is the PSR of ur main character?

Jellybean468
07-17-2011, 08:40 PM

62 I think.

I've hit level 50 now thanks to the level 88 guy of whom must not be named ;)

If anyone is having trouble like I was with Makoto in challenge mode, what I was doing wrong was I was not paying attention to the charge bar at the bottom of the screen. Pretty much every move that requires the move to be delayed has to be charged to 3, not the 1 or 2 I was getting. :)

Jakez123
10-13-2011, 09:22 PM

After viewing this thread again, i'm not sure if you directed it at me because i was calling level 24's bad kids but around 100, yea i know it isn't good but i can easily beat most 150+'s but then lose to a PSR rating of 80, as of late im doing decent online also, some level 50+ now don't stand a chance against my "Jin Win" (sorry i love saying that)

Anyways i know this is kind of necro-ing but im just saying this just in-case you directed it at me