PDA

View Full Version : Dashboarding Problem

katesith
07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Two times in a row my xbox has sent itself to the Dashboard mid song on Guitar Hero 3 and once in the middle of Homefront. Any way I can fix this or what should I do?

EMP
07-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Do you get a message when going to the dashboard saying disc unreadable error? Not sure but I've had this problem with BC2 and I would suggest installing the game and try playing it because it usually helps me out if the problem occurs.

CyberPunch83
07-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I can vouch. We were on the second of a 7-song Guitar Hero III co-op set when he somehow was reverted to the Dashboard. Odder still was the game proceeded to step in and play for him for about 30 seconds, then the 'Lost Connection' message comes up and the song is treated as passed, set over. So far this has only been encountered in GH3, anyone else had this happen?

katesith
07-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Do you get a message when going to the dashboard saying disc unreadable error? Not sure but I've had this problem with BC2 and I would suggest installing the game and try playing it because it usually helps me out if the problem occurs.

No. It just Dashboarded. No message/error or anything. I do Install my games quite often to avoid that problem.

EMP
07-03-2011, 07:34 PM
No. It just Dashboarded. No message/error or anything. I do Install my games quite often to avoid that problem.

Yea it might just be a weird disc or Xbox problem hard to tell how to fix it.

Foxxy kyle
07-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Ive never heard of it bringing you back to the dashboard without same sort of error message popping up.

Dafy G
07-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Have you called Microsoft Support and asked them about it? They would have a better idea of what to do or how to fix it.

Nero x360a & ps3t
07-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah some message must have popped up, disc unreadable, error, etc.

ChosenOne
07-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Try clearing the cache on your system. A few times the discs weren't loading right away and when I cleared the cache, it seemed to work properly.

How to clear the cache: On the dashboard, go to "My Xbox", then scroll to the right to "System Settings", then "Memory, then press "Y" and click "Clear System Cache". Only clear the unwanted items not everything.

You will have to re-apply all of your updates though.