PDA

View Full Version : Epic Edition possibly canceled in UK and Europe

Lord Montymort
07-04-2011, 05:40 PM
So over at the Epic forums, a guy from Germany has created a topic claiming that his Epic Edition has been canceled. According to him "gameware", the company he ordered the Epic Edition from, has been contacted by Microsoft saying that the Epic Edition is been canceled in Europe.

Two other people (also in Germany, and who also ordered from gameware) have also confirmed getting this e-mail, though currently no reports of anyone outside of Germany, or indeed gameware, getting any similar e-mails.

Link to original topic. (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=804102)

Lord Montymort
07-08-2011, 09:48 PM
OK guys, feel I need to update this.

The Epic Edition IS coming to the UK and Europe...HOWEVER, things have changed.

First, in the UK the Epic Edition is now exclusive to GAME, so any of you who have ordered it from GameStation, I'm sorry to say that your pre-orders are useless.

Second, Germany appears not to be getting the Epic Edition AT ALL. It also looks unlikely that the game itself will actually get released there (though this is in no way confirmed).

It is currently unknown how other countries in Europe are going to be affected by this, but there will be shortages, meaning some retailers who have allowed you to order them won't actually be getting them at all, and I advice that if you ordered the Epic Edition from pretty much ANYWHERE in Europe, with the exception of GAME in the UK, you get onto them and check that your order is safe.

Kunduz
07-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Sweden is fine for now...

Mighty Goliath89
07-09-2011, 11:46 AM
O.o WTF Ive put a 10 deposit down for this in gamestation but gamestation and game are owned by the same company and the website and in store are still taking preorders of the epic edition :S

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/gears-of-war-3-epic-edition-with-exclusive-preorder-bonus-in-game-downloadable-character-121879?attributeName1=Catalog_GamestationSalesCata log_EN_GS&searchTerm=gears%20of%20war%203&pageSize=20&attributeValue2=4294966322&attributeValue1=4294967231&attributeName2=Preorder_EN_GS

Lord Montymort
07-09-2011, 02:17 PM
O.o WTF Ive put a 10 deposit down for this in gamestation but gamestation and game are owned by the same company and the website and in store are still taking preorders of the epic edition :S

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/gears-of-war-3-epic-edition-with-exclusive-preorder-bonus-in-game-downloadable-character-121879?attributeName1=Catalog_GamestationSalesCata log_EN_GS&searchTerm=gears%20of%20war%203&pageSize=20&attributeValue2=4294966322&attributeValue1=4294967231&attributeName2=Preorder_EN_GS

There still taking orders because M$ are been jerks and haven't told them whats going on. They only reason they have confirmed that this is what is happening because some company's in mainland Europe where been asked, and then kept on at M$ until they finally gave up and answered.

This is why I said in my last post that people should contact there retailer and get them to find out whats happening. Also be prepared to message them more than once. The first time they e-mail you back they are likely to say they haven't heard anything (which will probably be true), but for them to take it seriously enough to get onto M$ you may need to keep on at them.

ademlakey
07-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Gamestation are taking orders for the epic edition. They are not cancelling any orders at all.

Lord Montymort
07-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Gamestation are taking orders for the epic edition. They are not cancelling any orders at all.

I dunno what to tell you except that, as I said before, Microsoft has stated that the Epic Edition will be a GAME exclusive.

Maybe GAME are who Microsoft contacted and because they are owned by the same company they are planning to split the shipment between GAME and GameStation.

However all the information from Microsoft points to it been exclusive to GAME, so for now at least I would see it as been available at GAME, with the possibility of a GameStation release, and then if it does go to GameStation as well, great. If not, well...you can't say I didn't warn you.

Also GameStation aren't the only place to think they where getting it but not, a lot of stores in mainland Europe also thought they where getting the Epic Edition and where taking orders on it, but then Microsoft made exclusive deals with other retailers making them have to cancel all the orders.

Genesis x360a
07-11-2011, 05:57 PM
I dunno what to tell you except that, as I said before, Microsoft has stated that the Epic Edition will be a GAME exclusive.

Maybe GAME are who Microsoft contacted and because they are owned by the same company they are planning to split the shipment between GAME and GameStation.

However all the information from Microsoft points to it been exclusive to GAME, so for now at least I would see it as been available at GAME, with the possibility of a GameStation release, and then if it does go to GameStation as well, great. If not, well...you can't say I didn't warn you.

Also GameStation aren't the only place to think they where getting it but not, a lot of stores in mainland Europe also thought they where getting the Epic Edition and where taking orders on it, but then Microsoft made exclusive deals with other retailers making them have to cancel all the orders.

Gamestation will get it. Game & Gamestation are owned and run by the same company. Any exclusives Game gets Gamestation will get and vice versa. So people need not worry if they pre-order from Gamestation as they will get the Epic Edition. Ive worked for Gamestation and thats how it works. The only difference is that sometimes both retailers will get a different Pre-Order bonuses.

Mighty Goliath89
07-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Gamestation will get it. Game & Gamestation are owned and run by the same company. Any exclusives Game gets Gamestation will get and vice versa. So people need not worry if they pre-order from Gamestation as they will get the Epic Edition. Ive worked for Gamestation and thats how it works. The only difference is that sometimes both retailers will get a different Pre-Order bonuses.

well thats a massive wieght off my mind. I did contact my gamestation store where I have pre-ordered the epic edition and they said they are still getting it regardless of what others might say. I did research this and I really do feel sorry for those in europe who are unable to get it its a really shitty move microsoft and epic have played way to respect your customers. I hate business people >.>

chainsawsquirrel
08-10-2011, 05:24 PM
luckily i ordered mine from gamestation. pheewww
anyway, they can't cancel it once the epic editions have already been shipped to gamestation. which they probably have done. but it may not be the case for other firms like gameware.

chainsawsquirrel
08-10-2011, 05:45 PM
it could also be a result of how little epic editions were made. there's 150,000 world wide. australia sold out months ago. may be that there simply isn't enough to go around, maybe M$ want to be a bit more selective about the distribution of the epic edition since there arn't that many.