PDA

View Full Version : Potential of Brink as a More Story Driven, Single Player Oriented Game.

5Alive
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Now, what I mean by more story driven is by fleshing out the campaign making it longer and more dramatic. And when I say single player oriented I mean similar to a campaign such as Halo or CoD. Not the story, but the feel. Instead of completing team objectives, it would be a more personal experience.

When I first started this game, I was really excited. I was torn as to whether I should choose the Resistance or the Security, because I thought this would be a huge decision for my experience. But when I finally started, to be honest I thought this game was boring and repetitive. KEEP IN MIND I am only judging the single player campaign, not the multiplayer. Though I didn't stop playing, I couldn't help but think how much better this game could be if it wasn't the game I was currently playing.

To me the story of the Ark is compelling and exciting and full of possibilities. But I don't think the developers ever really touched upon them. I think the parkour was a good idea, but I always found myself never really doing it much. Did you? Maybe the parkour could have been better if the campaign gave it more attention?

I am not upset with this game, it is good. But for some reason I want this game to be better. Maybe I just want it to fulfill my wants. But do you guys agree?

So, could a more story driven, dramatic Brink with a more personal experience (as opposed to a team experience) be a good game?

Coitey
07-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Clearly it was designed as a Multiplayer game first and a Single Player game second. Although it tries to make you care about the story, it all boiled down to going online and having fun. A few games have been doing this and one that rings a bell recently is Homefront. Short campaign but awesome online. Maybe in the sequel we'll get something more fleshed out.