PDA

View Full Version : Dlc

batboy
07-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Now before I even start, no so far I haven't heard anything about DLC, but seeing as how the other magic arcade game had some dlc content would you like to see this game have some as well? Now most likely if they do have some, there would be more decks, cards to add to the decks already in the game, more people to fight, ect. but what would you add? If at all anything I hope that maybe they could add an archenemy mode where playing with your friends that by a random selection someone can actually play as the archenemy. So do any of you think this would be a good idea or bad? Is there something else you hope they could do if dlc is added?

Cav Clayton
07-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Expansion 1 is pretty much all but confirmed. The games files show three new decks, and 3 new cards for each of the original decks.

You can look them up on Google if you don't mind spoilers.

The Albino Slug
07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
I think the Arch Enemy mode can be ran with by maybe adding an alternate neutral party that sort of levels the playing field a bit. 2 on 1 with a ringer. Sounds like a whole new level of strategy to me.

Vigor
07-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Some new tables would be nice, this is getting kinda boring after 100+ matches.

The Albino Slug
07-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that the DLC packs for the last Magic game were a little overpriced? It seems to me that more content is needed to make a 400 point charge necessary... A few cards here and there aren't enough.

Komrade Vasilevsky
07-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that the DLC packs for the last Magic game were a little overpriced? It seems to me that more content is needed to make a 400 point charge necessary... A few cards here and there aren't enough.

I dunno. I felt kinda ripped off by the one with that awful landfall deck. Overall though the whole thing is a far better value than buying physical cards (speaking $/card, obviously it isn't so valuable if you measure it differently, e.g. ability to alter decks to your own ideas or style). If Magic Online is similarly cheap I might have to start playing that.

Cav Clayton
07-17-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't know a dlc that isn't overpriced.

Marvel Avenger
07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Playing as the AE would be very cool. I have not looked at the DLC that has been mentioned but will definately buy it. Hopefully they release some achievements where you have to win so many times online. I would of also liked or like to see a ranking system in MAGIC THE GATHERING.

Farulosonoth
08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
As long as you get credit for a win when someone quits out because they are losing, I am all for "online win" achievements.

skinnyguy16
08-15-2011, 01:25 AM
ok this is no joke. i really want them to either make a game around this or put it as dlc. they need to make it to where u can scan ur cards in real life with the kinect and play with them online. just like they have it where u can scan ur skateboard picture thing. just scan all ur cards and select how much land u want(and each color etc..)then make it to where u can search others people real life decks and play with them! that would make the magic community so fucking excited and only make it bigger! tell me im wrong. i dont care if it cost 20 bucks. just think about it. now u could hold magic tournaments around the world and not just at ur local magic friday night thing. cause think about it. it would allow u to play against ur friends on xbox live. then i dont have to hear well if i played u against my real life deck u would have gotten raped! i think its a ballin' idea! another dlc/update thing i want to be able to pick the land i want to use when casting something. its pretty annoying the game using the land i wanted to save to cast one other spell. specially when using ancient depths and Mac.. and i want to be able to search with my friend in ranked 2 headed giant/send him an inv at least. that like making it to where u and ur friend has to search for double team on halo and hope to get locked in together. tell me what yall think.

Cav Clayton
08-15-2011, 12:48 PM
This game isn't anything more than an arcade-style introduction for newcomers. WotC are hoping that you'll buy in to either paper or Magic Online for the real experience.

Still, 10 decks and online play for 800 is still a great deal. Just wish they were more active with patches etc...

Xavier0080
08-15-2011, 08:05 PM
ok this is no joke. i really want them to either make a game around this or put it as dlc. they need to make it to where u can scan ur cards in real life with the kinect and play with them online. just like they have it where u can scan ur skateboard picture thing. just scan all ur cards and select how much land u want(and each color etc..)then make it to where u can search others people real life decks and play with them! that would make the magic community so fucking excited and only make it bigger! tell me im wrong. i dont care if it cost 20 bucks. just think about it. now u could hold magic tournaments around the world and not just at ur local magic friday night thing. cause think about it. it would allow u to play against ur friends on xbox live. then i dont have to hear well if i played u against my real life deck u would have gotten raped! i think its a ballin' idea! another dlc/update thing i want to be able to pick the land i want to use when casting something. its pretty annoying the game using the land i wanted to save to cast one other spell. specially when using ancient depths and Mac.. and i want to be able to search with my friend in ranked 2 headed giant/send him an inv at least. that like making it to where u and ur friend has to search for double team on halo and hope to get locked in together. tell me what yall think.

In regards to scanning in your collection. No for many reasons, mostly technological and financial. How would a sensor tell the difference between a legitimate card and a printout? It couldn't. So everyone gets Power 9?

Also, Magic is one of the most complicated card games on the planet. What would happen if I scanned in a card with banding (being simple here). How about phasing, what about Chains of Mephistopheles? There are so many cards with so many interactions, that what you're asking is impossible, especially in a $10 or even $100 product.

Why would Wizards produce a product like that when it would completely obsolete Magic Online? Personally, I have no objections to the 4.99 price point for DLC, and will gladly pay it going forward.

skinnyguy16
08-16-2011, 07:24 AM
yea the magic online. that game has thousands of cards u can buy. they seem to make it happen dont they? and the one on the computer cost $10. i didnt say it would be easy for them to do it but it wouldnt be that hard. but if u are going to take it that serious like tournament wise i agree it would be easy to print them out. but if i was playing with my friend i would trust him. either way it would be 100 times better than what it is now. i like the game right now too and i will get the dlc too. but i want to be able to use my decks against my online friends around the world on the 360 and without having to re buy them on magic the online. it was just a good thought. hell. i would pay a 100 bucks if i had access to every card.

skinnyguy16
08-18-2011, 09:05 AM
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Fother%2F081711a