PDA

View Full Version : FrostBite 2 = Maybe the best console engine to date??

Genesis x360a
07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Title bassicly says it all. Is it just me or is the new FrostBite engine looking like its the best console engine to be devoloped so far. I mean just look a BF3 it looks stunning, fluid, sounds amazing, visuals are sublime & includes MLAA (PS3 only) Im no Battlefield fanboy (I prefer COD) but I will say im definitly going to be picking up BF3. Everytime I see more that game/engine I fall more in love with it. For me its the best looking game Ive ever seen.

I know this wont happen but I would love for EA to release its engine to other devs (Like the Havoc, Unreal engines Etc) Engines like this shouldn't be aplied to only a handfull of games.

Thoughts??

undephined
07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Battlefield has always looked beautiful. They've definitely got the upper hand on the FPS graphics nowadays.

One thing that's always bugged me though is how you can't shoot a support beam on a house. They say there's 'no place that can't be destroyed', and yet these support beams are magically protected?

I've only played BF1943 though, so maybe they changed that with BF:BC2.

UK Dennis
07-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Not maybe. It is definitely the best FPS engine to date

Genesis x360a
07-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Not maybe. It is definitely the best FPS engine to date

Haha I was going to put that it is the best but I didn't want it to go down that road, I prefer to leave the discussion open abit more.

Opiate42
07-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Best console engine? Likely. That's what they're going for.