PDA

View Full Version : how come staten island is no longer allowed when you update your profile on live

demphra
07-07-2011, 12:18 AM
it's says that it violates their terms. i tried reupdate my profile for my full location since it isn't complete with just being ny. brooklyn, bronx, manhattan works fine. but why staten island :(

TVthePunisher
07-07-2011, 12:54 AM
I have heard of some really stupid things banned by Xbox Live before, in fact a simple name is one of them that I can't remember at the moment. But it probably has some sort of link to something that's considered offensive, somehow...I'm not SURE what, but if a few people's names are banned, I'm not surprised to see that as well.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-07-2011, 02:30 AM
spelled to close to Satan maybe?

ferrara316
07-07-2011, 02:33 AM
Lol this happened to me as well, I was forced to change my location. I just changed it The S.I.

BluWolve
07-07-2011, 02:42 AM
In Modern Warfare 2 I created a class and named it "ASSAULT", boring I know.

Then when I got Black-Ops I thought I would make my first class and tried to call it "ASSAULT" but unfortunately it was offensive language. I am Guessing because the word "ASS" is in it. Strangely, one of the default classes is actually named "ASSAULT"?

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of thinking of a different name so I just left my custom classes as "CUSTOM CLASS 1" etc.

Sylon00
07-07-2011, 02:46 AM
^^^ I noticed that too, thought it was so dumb.

Wickedsi
07-07-2011, 03:51 AM
In Modern Warfare 2 I created a class and named it "ASSAULT", boring I know.

Then when I got Black-Ops I thought I would make my first class and tried to call it "ASSAULT" but unfortunately it was offensive language. I am Guessing because the word "ASS" is in it. Strangely, one of the default classes is actually named "ASSAULT"?

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of thinking of a different name so I just left my custom classes as "CUSTOM CLASS 1" etc.

Assault is also considered as a crime so that's probably why they denied it.

andami
07-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Microsoft censors some of the dumbest words. For example, I tried using the word "otaku" in my motto, but I got the same message. It's not like the word is offensive in the least over here. In Japan it's considered a slight insult, but in the U.S. the term is usually positive and just denotes a hardcore gamer who also watches anime/reads manga.

TVthePunisher
07-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Microsoft censors some of the dumbest words. For example, I tried using the word "otaku" in my motto, but I got the same message. It's not like the word is offensive in the least over here. In Japan it's considered a slight insult, but in the U.S. the term is usually positive and just denotes a hardcore gamer who also watches anime/reads manga.

Indeed...it's not like it was "weeaboo" or "Narutard", which are typically meant to be offensive. Though I don't think that of anybody unless they lose perception of reality and start talking in fast tones while saying "sama" and "kun" after everything...then I just ignore those people. I love anime and manga, I really do...but I hate how far some Americans take it. Cosplaying is nice...it's a little fun event but it should be no different than Halloween: do it at a convention or two, not walk around town or the local highschool every day dressed like a Ninja or shinigami.

Just a minor rant, that's all...bakas...

Mister Spraggsy
07-07-2011, 07:23 AM
I think a lot of the problem is, to some people words are fine but in other places arounf the world these words are offensive. Then there is the problem of some words sounding like other words, its crazy some of the stuff that gets classed as offensive.

TVthePunisher
07-07-2011, 07:57 AM
What like...Mike Hawk? lol. What's that thing they advertise on TV...they give you a sentence, then it sounds like something else entirely?

"Mike Hawk...Mike...Hawk...MY COCK! =D"

Dav13s
07-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Mike Hunt.....

Dav13s
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
ifasfmamfapsidfgmqse

Man, you deserve a medal