PDA

View Full Version : question about dlc's

Damian8
07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
do my dlc's downloaded on HD will work if i move HD to another xbox? or i have to download it again?

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
only as long as the profile that bought them is singed into live, the only way to play them offline is to have the license which is on the xbox itself

Damian8
07-07-2011, 08:02 PM
only as long as the profile that bought them is singed into live, the only way to play them offline is to have the license which is on the xbox itself

ok it make sense now.i thought i can download all dlc's already bought on a HD, then give it to a friend and he can play all that stuff without needing my profile

crracer 912
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
The license goes to the first Xbox you download the content too. Anyone that uses that Xbox can use that content. Whatever Gold account the content was download under can use the content on any Xbox as long as that account is logged in to live.

Damian8
07-08-2011, 06:33 PM
and where is "stored" this license? i mean: what happens i if a friend moves his profile and the dlc on my hd, then i change hd and i put the same dlc on it, got this time from another friend, but without his profile?

Wildmn34
07-08-2011, 06:42 PM
and where is "stored" this license? i mean: what happens i if a friend moves his profile and the dlc on my hd, then i change hd and i put the same dlc on it, got this time from another friend, but without his profile?

The DLC is tied to the console and profile that download it. Your console has a unique MAC address and when you download DLC it ties itself to that MAC address.

You can play the DLC on a different console but have to jump trough hoops to do it.

If you get a new console all you need to do is transfer the license over via the Microsoft Transfer tool website.

They did this to prevent exactly what you are trying to do.

One person buys the DLC, copies it to a flash drive, give it to a friend then they just keep giving it to more people and whomever created the DLC only got paid once.

Damian8
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
no, im going to sell my 20gb hd for a greater one, and i thought that was a good idea to increase its value by putting in some dlc's legitimately bought and now unused. if it worked then i think automatically was legal. but considering it doesnt work, i dont have to thing more about this :-)