PDA

View Full Version : Nicol Bolas

BuzzerBeater911
07-08-2011, 04:46 AM
This guy is way to hard!!!! I faced him 15 times and on my 15th I was using all burn decks (2 AI partners) and I COULD HAVE WON! My ally had 5 mana, 3 of the same cards (deal 3 damage to target opponent), and Nicol had 6 life. Instead of winning the game, my ally decides to do NOTHING and pass the turn. The next turn he died.

So then I try going online. But of course, NO ONE on this game uses their mic, so I can't even tell them a good strategy. Also, the game isn't even that popular, so I can't find people to play with on x360a.

Finally, I try using my second controller. But wait. You have to unlock the decks for a GUEST!!! WHAT?!?!? How the hell am I supposed to play with a second controller then?!?

I can't believe how hard this duel is. It seriously makes me want to punch a hole in my TV. Anyone else agree?

EDIT: After a few more attempts, I turned up the difficulty all the way and played with 3 burn decks (with the AI) and won. So if you are going for this now, I would suggest doing that.

shinobigarth
07-08-2011, 07:42 AM
k. and ill play with you online, i actually use a mic.

Zenith94x
07-08-2011, 02:23 PM
After you switch it to co op, if you back out and go to multiplayer, win a game, it will count as beating Nicol bolas.

shinobigarth
07-12-2011, 06:01 AM
i just faced him for the first time just now, got him down to 8 frikkin life and my AI teammates and i were all still in and had 8-15 life, and he drew the totally broken scheme card where next turn he gets to draw 3 of them (actually he drew this right before we got him down to 8). :mad: next turn he killed pretty much all our creatures except something like a 2/1 or some crap, killed both my partners, took me to 1 life and healed himself to 15 life. seriously that scheme card is so OP its unreal. 2 schemes would be bad enough but 3?

FML.

ADenton109
07-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I am struggling with this one too, i have almost had him a few times but the AI is stupid! Any advice or help?

BeefyWhale
07-14-2011, 02:46 PM
This seems to go one of two ways either he just destroys your day or you wipe him in like 5 turns.

shinobigarth
07-14-2011, 09:45 PM
i had to team up with guys on co-op in order to beat him, thankfully they knew what they were doing more than the moronic AI, so we won on my 2nd attempt. i cant remember what decks we used though. i think me and one guy used the elf deck and the other guy used Sarkan Vol.

MVA
07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
I beat him my first try using 3 illusion decks.

Ruble
07-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Bolas wound up being no trouble for me. I went in with 2 AI partners (Tezzeret and Sorin Markhov), and used the blue/green deck myself (Koira's).

Bolas seemed to focus on destroying Tezzeret's creatures, letting me get plenty of lands out. He kept summoning his legendary dragon creature (I forget what it was, a 5/5 flyer that allows him to take control of a creature when it dies), which I sent back to his hand twice with Aether Mutation, giving me a nice amount of tokens to whittle him down with.

On his last turn he got the scheme card that lets him take control of one of each opponent's creatures; when my turn came around I played a kicked Rite of Replication on his legendary dragon, destroying it and letting me take control of all four of his blockers (I had to use the fifth to take control of one of my own creatures since nobody else had any at this point). Then I just attacked him with all my Saproling tokens to finish him off. I guess I got lucky with the hand I was dealt and the scheme cards he wound up getting - and the fact he focused on Tezzeret rather than me - but we got 'im so we did.

Albinobass
07-20-2011, 03:40 AM
I beat him with just saying screw it and everyone using the ancient depths(so everyone could get the 12/12 legendary creature ) I had 1 AI teammate and 1 human with me. If you get lucky with mana or polymorph. and I've realized he has a huge chance coming out on polymorph esp if you've got 3 chances at it

ScottPilgrim
11-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I give up. I've tried every method suggested and none of them work. It's based on luck and that's not an achievement. It's just tedium and frustration.

shinobigarth
12-04-2011, 06:21 AM
upon reconsideration, id say use the Ancient Depths if youre struggling, the totally broken ramp deck with 3 insane legendaries. i shoulda thought of that at the time. :P hopefully your partners will manage to get out at least 1 each and youll have several Annihilators going off and the octopus legendary tapping every creature Bolas has. though if he lucks out and takes control of them youre sorta boned.

Boshamp33
01-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Raising the difficulty to Planeswalker did seem to boost my cooperative AI, using three Burn decks, it took me two tries, after beating him, I played with the other decks and it was very easy to beat him with all Elf decks and with illusion decks, I have not taken the time to play with other combinations though.