PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 will have 1000g

Vault Lad
07-08-2011, 05:14 PM
This will probably appear in the site news in an hour or so, but it's no harm to have it here for future reference.

Both games in the Resident Evil HD collection will contain the full allotment of 1000g as they're being released on "Game on Demand" rather than XBLA, circumventing the 200g cap.

Read the full story here:
http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-hd-downloads-to-get-full-achievements-205588.phtml

Personally, all I want is an achievement for beating Pro with the starting handgun. :woop:

Lord Chabelo
07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Cool that they are getting 1000 GS each, sucks that they are On Demand only. The PS3 is getting a very nice compilation edition, with some other PS2 games, in Japan. I'd rather have physical media given the choice.

fohf
07-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Having already bought the game twice on disc, I'm not upset that this version is downloadable. I will probably play it more since I don't ahve to get my ass off the couch to start it up.

Heffir
07-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Gonna be a sexy ass game. (RE4)
Never tried Veronica, guess I'm getting 2 RE's this fall... :D

Vault Lad
07-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Gonna be a sexy ass game. (RE4)
Never tried Veronica, guess I'm getting 2 RE's this fall... :D

Not getting Operation Raccoon City? ;)

Maiyku
07-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Personally, all I want is an achievement for beating Pro with the starting handgun. :woop:

^ Absolutely! All my friends thought I was crazy for doing that... personally I just liked the added challenge :).

Leon McLane
07-10-2011, 02:39 PM
I hope so. But i want to see it with more than 1000g.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/122186.png (http://exophase.com/gamercards/)

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/375815/0/default.png (http://www.playfire.com/Leonx)Xbox Gamercards (http://www.playfire.com/)

Kunduz
07-10-2011, 03:33 PM
nice, another 1000 to achieve

Jack Pumpkinhed
07-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Whereas I'm stoked these will be 1000gs, I wish there were more than 12 achievements :(

This of course is under the assumption that RE4 will be the same number as Code Veronica.

Still, so excited for this!

chris100185
07-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Whereas I'm stoked these will be 1000gs, I wish there were more than 12 achievements :(

This of course is under the assumption that RE4 will be the same number as Code Veronica.

Still, so excited for this!

Well RE4 is quite a bit more complex game than CV was. Cv was a fairly standard old style RE game. Hard to come up with a varied list for it RE4. Just off the top of my head I could come up with 30ish.

aquaman5256
07-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Maybe they will have DLC for it. I know that they are older games, but I would sure like to see Ashley getting stolen again at the end or something like that.

Annalie
07-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Maybe they will have DLC for it. I know that they are older games, but I would sure like to see Ashley getting stolen again at the end or something like that.

Do you know that you possibly just spoiled something for those who haven't played yet? good job rookie.

Gor1lla
07-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Biggest spoiler in game history.
I don't think that they will release DLC, they just recycle the graphics for it, nothing else

Dustinator
07-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Both games in the Resident Evil HD collection will contain the full allotment of 1000g as they're being released on "Game on Demand" rather than XBLA, circumventing the 200g cap.
And reading this makes me realize that Capcom will price each of these on Games on Demand for $30 each. I'm calling it. Capcom are jerks when it comes to releasing overpriced stuff on the digital market. This'll be another notch in their belt

Vault Lad
07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
And reading this makes me realize that Capcom will price each of these on Games on Demand for $30 each. I'm calling it. Capcom are jerks when it comes to releasing overpriced stuff on the digital market. This'll be another notch in their belt

This totally dawned on me a few days ago, no XBLA structure, means no XBLA pricing structure...It's going to $19.99 minimum, which (god help me I love RE4)
I could spend half that amount getting the phenomenal Wii port. It's gonna come down to the visuals from the looks of it. Which was kind of the whole point I suppose?

WeemanNewYork
07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Does anyone know how much will it cost on demand for both of them?

dwayne_hicks
07-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Hopefully only 20$, if not, I think I may pass on this. I already have it on four other Systems/PC .

Dustinator
07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know how much will it cost on demand for both of them?
My guess is like Dwayne's, hopefully it'll be $20 each. However, I would not be surprised in the slightest if Capcom charges $25 or $30 each. I just have a feeling in my gut that Capcom is going to try to rip us off again.

If so, I'll wait until these games become a Deal of the Week sometime next year and drop in price. I can be patient

Gor1lla
07-15-2011, 07:07 PM
If so, I'll wait until these games become a Deal of the Week sometime next year and drop in price. I can be patient

Haha :D When was the last time we got something NEW on DotW, everything i saw in the last weeks/months alrdy was DotW or some bs nobody wants

Dustinator
07-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Haha :D When was the last time we got something NEW on DotW, everything i saw in the last weeks/months alrdy was DotW or some bs nobody wants
Well, I do admit that MS recycles alot of stuff(Bioshock 2, Risk Factions, Red Dead Redemption & Fallout 3 jump to mind), but every week there is at least one item that has never gone on sale.

This week is an xbox original Stubbs the Zombie. Last week it was Stacking & Torchlight. And the week before that we had Zeno Clash. So new stuff does go on sale. But a lot of the Deal of the Weeks have been repeat stuff. And next weeks is just GTA stuff that's already been on sale before :rolleyes: Throw in the fact some games have been out for years with no discount(MLB Stickball for example) and I can get bitter at MS real fast.

Then again, the Summer of Arcade is coming up and Microsoft doesn't want to have a bunch of games discounted to $2.50(200 points). Because they want us to buy the 800-1200 point arcade games. Sneaky MS :mad:

xTyDiRiUmx
07-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Great game

Gor1lla
07-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Last week it was Stacking & Torchlight.
Ahh wtf. I totally missed that they reduced Stacking >_>
The x360a news didn't mention it...

Veedrock
07-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Has a Games on Demand title ever gone on sale? (Not including Xbox Originals)

I don't recall there ever being one, so anybody hoping for a reduced price down the line might be disappointed. Even if they do update their DotW structure to rotate in Games on Demand, they won't be nearly as frequent as Arcade drops and there's many other titles that will get discounted before the RE titles.

Just saying.

Abra x Cadaver
08-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I didn't know that. Freaking sweet!

Matriculated
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM

I don't recall there ever being one, so anybody hoping for a reduced price down the line might be disappointed. Even if they do update their DotW structure to rotate in Games on Demand, they won't be nearly as frequent as Arcade drops and there's many other titles that will get discounted before the RE titles.

Just saying.

I don't recall there ever being a sale, but the prices have dropped over the last few months.

NightReflection
08-30-2011, 02:29 PM
3 Resident Evil games in a Year - Oooops did i just piss my pants!!!

CANT WAIT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annalie
08-30-2011, 08:38 PM

Just saying.

Yes, both Gears of War games are currently on 15$ for a limited amount of time.

macgyver893
09-08-2011, 03:14 AM
woah, these achievements look really easy! Great incentive to play through it again. definitely getting it again, hopefully it comes out for $30 on GoD.

MkMaster13
09-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Much better than just getting 200 thats for sure =P

Guitar LInc0ln
09-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Much better than just getting 200 thats for sure =P

Yeah, but only 12 Achievements sucks. The game offers so much potential for some real challenging and unique achievements.

JDMBO1
09-19-2011, 08:41 AM
I find this odd in terms of having 1000:gsicon:, but I can't really complain. It does seem like one of those old retail games like NFS: Most Wanted. Still I'm not complaining over an arcade release that bumps up to 1000:gsicon:, I mean look at Pinball FX 2 who knows how much that has.