PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found the disc?

Teh Paralyzer
07-08-2011, 09:58 PM
I want to see if the disc is region free (It probably isn't) but I can't find any site with it except

Amazon.co.jpF ƒoƒCƒIƒnƒU[ƒh ƒŠƒoƒCƒoƒ‹ƒZƒŒƒNƒVƒ‡ƒ“: ƒQ[ƒ€

scroll down a bit if it doesn't take you there.

However Amazon JP doesn't ship outside of Japan. But it won't tell you if it's region free anyways.

On a side note I like the box art.

The Stray
07-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Well, the amazon link is 404'd, though here's the play-asia listing...

http://bit.ly/n8PC8x

Veedrock
07-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Amazon JP will ship outside of Japan.

Amazon.co.jp ƒwƒ‹ƒv: ”z‘——

It's probably a hassle though so play-asia is your next best bet. The game isn't out for 2 months though so you won't find out until then.

iiDaRReN316x
07-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Oh jeez, whats the point why doesnt everybody wait till it comes out on GoD? Besides won't the Japanese verson be just in Japenese?

Chaos MAN
07-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Oh jeez, whats the point why doesnt everybody wait till it comes out on GoD? Besides won't the Japanese verson be just in Japenese?
Not all Japanese games are just in Japanese, some you can switch to English.

Fullmetalx07
07-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I think the Disc is going to Region Coded as the only way to play here in U.S is to Digital Download it.

Gor1lla
07-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Because some people like disks more than an entry on their xbox :P
Also the GoD are overpriced and the 2 RE games will probably follow that rule

Fullmetalx07
07-13-2011, 03:40 AM
I thought I heard them saying that the Game would 14.99 or 1200 MSP

merzitar
07-13-2011, 11:09 AM
The main reason they're putting it on Games on Demand is because it will cost less for them to publish, therefor it will cost less for us to purchase.

eohjay
07-13-2011, 12:16 PM
The main reason they're putting it on Games on Demand is because it will cost less for them to publish, therefor it will cost less for us to purchase.

You expect a large company to pass their savings in production cost on to their consumers? All GoD means to them is a larger profit margin, haha.

Regardless, I think 1200MSP for each of the games is a fantastic price, if that is what it is set at. That will only bring the duo to about $30, and I would easily walk into a store and spend that on a compilation disc with the two games on it. Seems more than worth it to me.

jazon168
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
play-asia just confirmed NTSC/J ver is region locked. it has english language as well

DeltaKappaEcho
09-09-2011, 05:34 AM
English audio. None of the past RE titles had Japanese voices ever. Subtitles and all text (aside from names and main menu options) is in Japanese only. But the disc is region locked.

yamayamayaamaa
09-10-2011, 12:03 PM
English audio. None of the past RE titles had Japanese voices ever. Subtitles and all text (aside from names and main menu options) is in Japanese only. But the disc is region locked.

Just to clarify 100%, it can't be changed to English?

Is anyone getting the "Asian" version? Play-Asia has two different versions (Asia and Japan) and I was wondering if there are any differences?

Asia: http://www.play-asia.com/Biohazard_Revival_Selection/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-4b70.html

Japan: http://www.play-asia.com/Biohazard_Revival_Selection/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-4agv.html

MachineAres
09-14-2011, 12:59 PM
All Asia AND Japan versions are coded to only run on Japanese region Xbox. I'm playing it right now, and it does not run on my US Xbox. The audio of the games is in English, but all text including item names and descriptions is in Japanese. And they already stated the games will be $20 each, so $40 total for the Games on Demand versions, but the import copy of the game costs $60 plus shipping, so it usually ends up at least $65 or more to get the Japanese version, plus you need a JP xbox.

TVthePunisher
09-15-2011, 05:39 AM
All Asia AND Japan versions are coded to only run on Japanese region Xbox. I'm playing it right now, and it does not run on my US Xbox. The audio of the games is in English, but all text including item names and descriptions is in Japanese. And they already stated the games will be $20 each, so $40 total for the Games on Demand versions, but the import copy of the game costs $60 plus shipping, so it usually ends up at least $65 or more to get the Japanese version, plus you need a JP xbox.

Will it count as a second completion, like a lot of games do that are in different regions? I see you have RE5 completed twice (at least twice) on your 360voice signature, I'd imagine the Japanese version of CVX and RE4 would be a seperate 2000 you can earn from the American/PAL version. I really want a JP Xbox .__.

Veedrock
09-15-2011, 05:43 AM
The Asia and Japan regions don't stack (and those regions rarely ever do). I believe the reason behind a separate Japan and Asian version is the ratings system. Japan has their own CERO rating system and releases the game based on that, while the Asian version uses a more universal rating for other countries.

(This may not be true, it's just what I've been led to believe)

We won't know if these titles stack with other regions until we have the Games on Demand versions. They haven't really given a reason to believe it will stack though, there's no online leaderboards or content to sync, and the games still show up individually on your gamertag if you launch it through the disc just like if you had them individually through Games on Demand.

Also Resident Evil 5 stacks between Xbox and PC, not different regions.

EDIT: Also wtf, I went to DeltaKappaEcho's xbox.com profile, and the covers are just default but they say "Better with Kinect." o.O

MachineAres
09-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Veedrock is right, RE5 stacks the PC version and 360 versions, but oddly enough, the data that's on the disc for the JP version and US version are exactly the same, it just changes the title and stuff depending which region Xbox you play it in. Meaning, the US copy of RE5 works on my JP xbox, but when you play it, the title screen says BIOHAZARD instead of Resident Evil, but the in-game text is still English. But if you change the language settings in your dashboard to be Japanese, the game will run with all Japanese text as well.

I'm also about 95% sure RE4 and CVX won't stack with other regions, because it appears the achievements change language just depending what setting you have your Xbox set on, but the list itself isn't actually a different list. Cause even though I'm playing the game on a JP Xbox and a JP copy of the game, the achievements all show up in English AND the titles of both games say Resident Evil, not Biohazard. That's pretty much proof that they won't stack if the list is interchangable, just like RE5 is for the Xbox version.

Also, there are leaderboards, but I'm pretty sure they're worldwide, like most of Capcom's.

Lastly, the reason the game isn't showing up on most people's lists is because the US Xbox servers doesn't quite recognize the data yet, as the US servers have no picture uploaded for this game. It does this with pretty much all other-region games, like pretty much all of my JP games don't have pictures when other people view my profile and such, but if you play them on a Japanese XBL account or look at someone's list from a JP account, they'll show up.

DeltaKappaEcho
09-16-2011, 03:26 AM
RE5 was region free. Not all Asia Versions are Region Locked. I can't verify the Asia release but I imagine it's likely region locked, too. And you can not switch the text to English.

MachineAres
09-16-2011, 03:29 AM
RE5 was region free. Not all Asia Versions are Region Locked. I can't verify the Asia release but I imagine it's likely region locked, too. And you can not switch the text to English.

This is true, not ALL of them are locked, but over 90% of them are, so it's not too out of the question to say all.