PDA

View Full Version : License transfer help/console decision

L KIRA HAYABUSA
07-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Recently I thought about buying the new Gears of War 3 console, but after a while, something hit me. I had just gotten an Xbox 360 S this Christmas because my Xbox 360 Elite's disk tray was jammed and I didn't have the warranty (bought it used). On the current system I'm using (Xbox 360 S), when I'm not connected to Xbox LIVE, most of my arcade games are trial games because the licenses are on the Elite (whose hard drive was stolen by the way). I was thinking of doing a license transfer from the Elite to the slim Xbox, but if I did that and got the new Gears of War 3 edition Xbox, how would I get the licenses from the slim if I could do a license transfer once a year? Can someone please help me on this? Thank you in advance.

Chaosx721
07-08-2011, 11:12 PM
You would have to wait a year to do it again. But why not just wait till you get the Gears of War console then license transfer? That seems to be the easiest option.

gamerguy69
07-09-2011, 01:50 AM
You would have to wait a year to do it again. But why not just wait till you get the Gears of War console then license transfer? That seems to be the easiest option.

I think I've recently read that license transfers are now allowed once every 4 months.

Wildmn34
07-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Recently I thought about buying the new Gears of War 3 console, but after a while, something hit me. I had just gotten an Xbox 360 S this Christmas because my Xbox 360 Elite's disk tray was jammed and I didn't have the warranty (bought it used). On the current system I'm using (Xbox 360 S), when I'm not connected to Xbox LIVE, most of my arcade games are trial games because the licenses are on the Elite (whose hard drive was stolen by the way). I was thinking of doing a license transfer from the Elite to the slim Xbox, but if I did that and got the new Gears of War 3 edition Xbox, how would I get the licenses from the slim if I could do a license transfer once a year? Can someone please help me on this? Thank you in advance.

Basically, it boils down to this.

Users can only do the transfer tool once every 12 months (I haven't seen the 4 month thing, but I may be wrong). However, if you want the Gears xbox you can get it. The only hoop you would have to jump through would be to actually call Microsoft and they would do it for you over the phone.

A buddy of mine did that. His xbox died, he got a new one then the FFXIII bundle came out so he got that one like 5 months later.

He called them up and was done in about 10 minutes. No hassle at all. So, that's what I would do. Shouldn't be an issue for you.

Chaosx721
07-09-2011, 02:34 AM
I think I've recently read that license transfers are now allowed once every 4 months.

Actually I did hear they were changing it, but I don't know if they did or what they were going to change it to.