PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

L3giOn
07-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Discuss the achievements here.

nightmare975
07-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Is it just me, or does it look like you can't get all the level achievements in one playthrough?

Scotian Bred
08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
all i am wondering is if you can get the game master one in a online Co-Op .. cause its gonna be preatty tough on single player.

RavenBlackthorn
08-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I was wondering the same thing and would have to assume so. The verbiage for the Game Master Achievement is different than the verbiage for the Bulletproof achievement in the original Contra Arcade which stated "Complete the game in Arcade mode using only 1 credit." (key word being arcade--or in other words single player) The Game Master acheivement states "Complete the game using only 1 credit." which doesn't stipulate Arcade Mode or Online Co-Op Mode specifically. My guess is that it is possible either way with the stipulation that one credit equates to 3 lives on Arcade and 9 in Online Co-op.

Hopefully some of the crazy Super Contra ninjas will get on and let us know. :)

EDIT: Butters7 and I rolled through on Co-op and I think I ended up with 5 lives remaining after we beat the final boss. At any rate, I got the 5 Levels achievement but not the Master Achievement. It appears as if this achievement is only doable in Single Player.

adrenalinq
08-06-2008, 05:33 AM
You can do it only in single player and you cant even put another pad for your friend to help you.

Also you cant cheat-farm lives like you could in Contra. After a while a super-fireball comes out and instant kill you :)

I took me at about 2 weeks 1-2 hours a day to get Master. If I knew the final boss is so damn easy I could get this achievement in 3 days!