PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying, or not?

II Limpy II
04-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi guys, I was thinking of buying this game but I heard it's terrible. Should i not get it because the enemies AI really sucks, Xbox one version and it was decent, but not great.

robpears
04-06-2006, 07:57 PM
No do not get it

DarkLif3
04-06-2006, 08:05 PM
No do not get it

Reasons???

Maka
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
I suggest you get it. It's a great online game, lots of fun. I suggest you go and pick it up right now.

bombgod
04-06-2006, 08:17 PM
is it better than graw?

Eldave0
04-07-2006, 03:39 PM
^^^ imo no, but then again most games arent as good as GRAW so that doesnt mean far cry is a bad game..... theres just better games you can get for your cash. and more to the point, there are much better FPS' that you can get for your cash!

Phaethon360
04-12-2006, 01:15 AM
RENT first, buy later. If you want to. That's my motto this gen. After dropping $60 on it on day one, I have only played it once for 2hrs.

RalliArtEvo
04-12-2006, 12:15 PM
renting games is your friend....

kRaZyNeSs
04-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Renting games first is always good.

DELTA FOX
04-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes it is but UNFORTUNATLEY nowhere in the UK rent xbox 360 games yet which is very annoying.

WyldthingUK
04-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I haven't played any Tomb Raider games. If I could borrow this game is it worthwhile plugging some hours into it (if only for the achievements)?

Is it easy to get the achievements, and can you play first-person (third person always screws with me)?

WyldthingUK
04-24-2006, 10:49 AM
I haven't played any Tomb Raider games. If I could borrow this game is it worthwhile plugging some hours into it (if only for the achievements)?

Is it easy to get the achievements, and can you play first-person (third person always screws with me)?

Crap! Wrong thread - ignore me! :D

DELTA FOX
04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
I bought it today, its alot better than i thought it would be, id definitley recommend you get it

KineticGhost07
05-11-2006, 12:28 AM
yea lol i was thinking about getting it but i wasnt sure... guess this will be my next game lol :uzi:

Minty
05-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Yes it is but UNFORTUNATLEY nowhere in the UK rent xbox 360 games yet which is very annoying.

not true at all. i just rented it

Champ xL
05-11-2006, 07:10 AM
is it better than graw?

No its not better than GRAW. Its different:confused: , it is fun driving around mowing people over with all the different vehicles, and of course dual wielding weapons is fun as well. GRAW is real and tactical...I have both games, both are good...just different.

bkchief
05-24-2006, 06:28 PM
I played this game on the xbox when it came out a year ago i liked it but on the 360 it doesn't offer anything that great. The online mode is not that fun i had more fun playing far cry instincs on the xbox the graphics look the exact same and for 60$ there is not that big of a differance. This game should be 30$ not 60$ and the new campaing is only 6 hours

DELTA FOX
06-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Minty where did you rent it???

That was posted over a month a go and i still cant rent games

P1NSEEKER
06-01-2006, 01:00 PM
i rent from www.boomerangrentals.co.uk (http://www.boomerangrentals.co.uk)

£9.99 a month with a 21day free trial, ive actually just got an e-mail telling me that far cry is on its way (which is nice!)

DELTA FOX
06-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Sounds good, il look into that, thanks

Crazy Cabbie
06-03-2006, 08:53 AM
If you played far cry for the xbox you shouldn't buy it. I made that mistake and i haven't even beat it for 360, because i already did for xbox. And i hate to play single player more then once.i only bought it for the evelusion.

Minty
06-03-2006, 09:00 AM
www.gamesfrenzy.co.uk

P1NSEEKER
06-03-2006, 09:07 AM
My copy just arrived and it is HORRIBLE the graphics would look dated on an xbox and the multiplayer is so terrible i was literally laughing out loud at just how bad the character animation was i should have listened to snafageeza when he said how bad it was.

The Perfect Gun
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
DO NOT GET IT!!! I rented it from GameFly and after I played it about 30 minutes, I put it in my mailbox. Horrable game.

Maka
06-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Ok..?! Umm... i suggest you get it if you mostly play online but definetly not for the single player.. Multiplayer needs some getting used to but it's a blast once you get used to it.... but i dont know if anyone plays it anymore....

Maka
06-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Ok, I'm Gone!What Happened??

seantak
06-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi guys, I was thinking of buying this game but I heard it's terrible. Should i not get it because the enemies AI really sucks, Xbox one version and it was decent, but not great.

Since your on an Achievement web site, I suggest you buy it. To get all of the achievements it will take a long time. The 80hrs one took me a week to get alone. Also, It is two games for the price of one. And, unlike other Xbox1 games for the 360 you get achievements with points. Quake 2 port = achievements worth zero points. If you play Half life 2 lets say, no points for playing that on the 360. :uzi:

Fonkey Monkey
07-07-2006, 03:02 AM
you should get this game....AS LONG AS, you havent played throuhg/beaten the one for xbox or pc. cuz this game has been rehased so many times its rediculious. but its a good game never the less. also, you shoudl try it out first too. ive heard that alot of people dont like the aiming.
i like the aiming, i just fucking hate the driving.

DeathWish93
02-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Get it because Far Cry is a different type of FPS and its great exploring the island, building your own maps then playing them on xbox live

Me55iah
02-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I say get it - the shooters that have been ported from PC seem to have a bit more going for them IMHO - I'd rather run through Far Cry again than play Halo 3...

Tai_MT
02-04-2008, 11:54 PM
High Points in the game:

Multiplayer, VERY good map editor (although flawed in a few ways), aiming, powers, ability to publish your own maps (and your name stays on them and they cannot be edited by anyone but you!), and the story.

Low Points in the game:

Frustrating AI that can see YOU through foliage and trees and such, but you can't see them, sometimes even with your feral smell ability.

Only able to carry three weapons at a time, including a pistol of some kind, a medium weapon of some kind, and a heavy weapon of some kind. So, you cannot have an assault rifle and shotgun at the same time, which really hinders it.

Glitches that occassionally break your game and cause you to need to either restart from a save, or start the level over. Sometimes these glitches can freeze your console during multiplayer.

Map Editor feature. While the map editor is awesome and allows you to create realistic landscapes... It's much MUCH harder to create UNREALISTIC ones. Your cursor is less than precise with anything except objects and if you have high terrain, sometimes your cursor gets "lost" and finds itself on top of a mountain that was near a very low valley you were looking at.

Replay value in the campaign is pretty low. After you know the story, the only point to beating it on each difficulty is the achievements. There are high points in the Evolution story, but beyond that... it's almost not worth playing more than the achievements.

Overall, I think it's a decent game and the multiplayer is where it shines.