PDA

View Full Version : "Recon" class and spotting

CIF
07-10-2011, 03:43 AM
I'd like it if Recon players got huge (or at least double) points for spot assists in this game. Maybe it would be decent incentive for them to start doing their job.....

Tatanko
07-10-2011, 04:05 AM
The fact that they're worth 2/5 of a kill is enough, in my opinion. You're saying double it? Why get 40 points for making an enemy's position known and only 10 more for a kill? As it is, if you get a squad critical kill assist and a spot assist for your squadmate's kill, you might be getting 10 more points than he did and he got the kill! :p Perhaps you're suggesting we need a rethink of the points system, which I guess I could somewhat agree with.

CIF
07-10-2011, 05:20 AM
It bothers me when 90% of the people I play with don't spot, but mostly Recons. Sniping, mortars and the occasional C4 to a tank is only half of their real purpose.

exo-apollo
07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
It bothers me when 90% of the people I play with don't spot, but mostly Recons.

Often in the thick of it, playing as assualt class it is faster and more productive to shoot first. Recon has the luxury of being at a distance, not in the open and with more time to lay down a spot without too much trouble. Maybe more points if you are not recon and you spot someone.

Tatanko
07-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Maybe more points if you are not recon and you spot someone.
I feel like that would make the Recon guys who already don't spot, want to spot even less.

MediumMelanin
08-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Ha, I always spot as all classes, recons don't need any more bonuses, perhaps a ribbon for "10 spots" or whatever resulting in kills.