PDA

View Full Version : Are the matches really this hard?

Bishop566
04-06-2006, 06:37 PM
I keep playing on easy and still cant win! Any tips? I rented this and would like to get the beat all men/women acchievements before i return it.I think i must be overlooking something major.

Yankeez
04-06-2006, 07:55 PM
If you cant even beat it on easy, you will get your ass kicked in career mode

Sarge McLarge
04-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I keep playing on easy and still cant win! Any tips? I rented this and would like to get the beat all men/women acchievements before i return it.I think i must be overlooking something major.

When the opponents are on easy the best thing to do is to draw them to one side of the court then use either B or X to slice it to the other side of the court out of their reach. That tactic works pretty well and should be good enough to get you through the women and men exhibition games. Along with having the game on easy make the games per set 2 and sets per match at 1 and you should beat them all within an hour.

If you can beat all the women and men then you shouldn't have a problem winning your first career match, first career tournament (just play a minor), and complete your first career (you don't really have to win at all to get this achievement). You can get these 750 gamerpoints in an evening really easily.

stankit
04-06-2006, 09:38 PM
i agree with whoever said if you cant win on easy, youll get wrecked in career mode

my advice:
use the A button a lot, when using that, youll never hit it out of bounds

when using B and X shots, dont aim too far left or right or itll go out

and try facing the low ranked players before the big names

Minty
04-06-2006, 10:53 PM
try getting good at the game, cos if not you dont deserve the points ;)

Bishop566
04-07-2006, 02:06 AM
Minty,if you have to be good at a game to deserve the points then you must suck at games,considering you dont even have 7000 yet.On the other hand I have 12501.:nana

Minty
04-07-2006, 04:08 PM
1. No proof of your score
2. Well done- i bet you have 1k from King Kong, NBA 2k6, NHL 2k6 and Fight Night. So they would put me right up near your score- but no i cant be bothered with them.
3. I spent most of my time on tiger where there is a good online community, not kids that are obsessed with there score being higher than everyone elses, cos its so cool getting stupidly easy point....

Bishop566
04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Dont feel bad you have a higher score than me in like two games,that i never played,....outta like 30! Point proven you suck

Bishop566
04-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Minty world rank 6813,Bishop world rank 961,cant be bothered with lames like Minty

Minty
04-07-2006, 07:53 PM
what, i suck cos i play games that i like rather than getting the cheap points???

wow, i wish i was as cool as you. i really do.

people like you are the reason that achievement s suck. fair enought o the people that have 20k, they are good gamers. your no better than me, youve just taken 5k of easy points that i havent wasted my time on.

maybe you see points as a penis extension, who knows.

anyway back to the game- its a piece of piss. played 9 tournaments, won nine tournaments. so far iv dropped 4 games. up to the first grand slam event where iv played 3 rounds and lost 4 games. so its damn easy.

but you as a top quality gamer would know that. oh no wait, you cant even beat the easy exhibition :rolleyes:

stankit
04-07-2006, 08:10 PM
yeah i agree with Minty, you have no right to be trash talking about gaming skills with Minty if you cant beat exhibition matches on easy

Bishop566
04-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Just had to get the hang of it I havent played a tennis game in years.I got it now 625/1000 achievements including all men/women and 25 on line wins.As far as people with 20k+being such gamers,they are,and im going to get 20k also but they all have taken all the "easy"1000 point sports games too.no people like me are not the reason the points system sucks were the reason its a success,playing games we normally wouldnt and often find out we like them,a nice suprise.Not acting all snobby like you as if were too good for certian titles and trust me,Minty,your not.

NizZ8
04-08-2006, 11:50 PM
to get the thread back on track.. this game is pretty dang hard as you start going through the career mode.

stankit
04-09-2006, 12:08 AM
to get the thread back on track.. this game is pretty dang hard as you start going through the career mode.

true dat, once you get to your 3rd season or halfway through, the difficulty gets completely juiced

Webb
04-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Just wanted to take it off topic again, sorry people

:offtopic: Bishop, what gives you the right to flame, you've only just come into the community and people think you are a jackass already!!

Just because people don't have a high gamer score means they have better things to do IMO. :nana Like :beer:

Back on topic... Seriously tempted to go out and buy this game. What are the graphics and playability like.

Minty
04-09-2006, 07:19 AM
if you played the first one, then youll love it as its an improvemnt

the ggameplay is great, the graphics are wicked and it can be a challenge as well. its kept tomb raider out of my xbox :p

cartey
04-09-2006, 12:52 PM
bishop you ass
gamerscore does not reflect on you gaming prowess
the gamerscore system is shite
i know somebody on 21,000 plus and i wouldn't consider him to be a better player as he does not come onto live in case he loses
sad really if you ask me
gamerscore is for gaming wanna-be's
add me to your friends list and we can sort your large ego problem out
butt-wad

Webb
04-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Well said Cartey, totally agree :D

Never played the first game. To be honest, i've never really played any tennis games on a console.

Minty
04-09-2006, 02:34 PM
the bishop fan club just seems to grow and grow lol

the games awesome- great graphic and great gameplay. this is one of the best online games when you get a good doubles match on the go.

career mode is very good now, gives you some choice in which tournaments etc you want to play in, and you can choose how to make your player- ie baseline, net or all rounder etc.

Bishop566
04-09-2006, 09:48 PM
pick ANY game,send me an invite and i will own you.Did he seriously just say butt wad?

Sci0n
04-10-2006, 01:13 AM
gamerscore does not reflect on you gaming prowess
the gamerscore system is shite
Does it not as having a high GS shows you play alot of games, yeah you can get easy points, which if you think about it was no diff to people cheating in games to get higher ranks.

i know somebody on 21,000 plus and i wouldn't consider him to be a better player as he does not come onto live in case he loses
sad really if you ask me
so he is sad coz he dont wanna play on live? he could say your sad coz thats all you do, as playing on live doesnt make you a better gamer in any way.

gamerscore is for gaming wanna-be's
add me to your friends list and we can sort your large ego problem out
butt-wad

its for gaming wanna-bes lol plz i think the whole achivement thing is brillant as do you know how many times people claimed they completed games like ninja gaiden when they didnt, this is why the single player ones are good some online ones are easy to get, but there are those you actualy play to get them, so its not for gaming wanna-bes.

see if someone is mad on points or achivements then thats up to them, why certain people maon about i dont know,as what damage does it do to you........ none so why worry?

Webb
04-10-2006, 06:38 AM
so he is sad coz he dont wanna play on live? he could say your sad coz thats all you do, as playing on live doesnt make you a better gamer in any way.

Hmmmmm, I beg to differ on that. It's much harder to play against human players than it is against computer AI controlled bots. IMO.

Chimaera
04-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Minty world rank 6813,Bishop world rank 961,cant be bothered with lames like Minty

If you wanna brack about your gamerscore, go somewhere else mate, we can't use people like you here!
This community is all about fun, not about braggig rights, go to acgieve360points.com and brack there!

YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ
04-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey,
I wouldnt have a go at people who have played the easy 1,000 games. Dont just dismiss them as pathetic. I have FIFA (for example), ok it's easy to get to 1k, but I enjoy playing football games (not because i'm and an achievements freak), and this is the only one of offer. Even though I have the 1k, i still play it a lot, it's a laugh in multiplayer.

I agree with the above posts though, Live is way harder than offline gaming. I thought I was pretty good at Tiger Woods/PGR3 until I went on live. Although now im beginning to hold my own :)

Minty
04-10-2006, 03:42 PM
pick ANY game,send me an invite and i will own you.Did he seriously just say butt wad?

this is in the top spin thread, so therefore it makes sense for it to be top spin.

3 games a set, 3 sets. career characters, not computer ones. and up to you what surface/court.

or 18 holes matchplay round Carnoustie. take your pick....

CHALLENGE SET :woop:

Sci0n
04-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Hmmmmm, I beg to differ on that. It's much harder to play against human players than it is against computer AI controlled bots. IMO.

I agree with that, as any one with a brainw ould know AI is nothing compared to a real person, playing the game. but not playin on live doesnt make you less of a gamer.

Webb
04-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree with that, as any one with a brainw ould know AI is nothing compared to a real person, playing the game. but not playin on live doesnt make you less of a gamer.

I never said it made you less of a gamer. It does make you more of a gamer though ;)

Minty
04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Hey,
I wouldnt have a go at people who have played the easy 1,000 games. Dont just dismiss them as pathetic. I have FIFA (for example), ok it's easy to get to 1k, but I enjoy playing football games (not because i'm and an achievements freak), and this is the only one of offer. Even though I have the 1k, i still play it a lot, it's a laugh in multiplayer.

I agree with the above posts though, Live is way harder than offline gaming. I thought I was pretty good at Tiger Woods/PGR3 until I went on live. Although now im beginning to hold my own :)

yeah id like to point out that i have the 1k from FIFA, but it is the only football game out, and a laugh online. and going by how so many people habve struggled for the 1k, i dont feel so bad.

i guess there not all quality gamers like Bishop ( dont go pussying out of the challenge now- and if you quit out it counts as me pwning you btw ;) ). Challenge has been laid down...

Webb
04-11-2006, 01:00 AM
I don't care whether or not it's the only football game. It's no PES!!!

:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

Bishop566
04-11-2006, 06:02 AM
send me a game invite when ever your ready.we can play tiger and top spin,ill win both and i havent even played tiger on 360

Webb
04-11-2006, 07:25 PM
PMSL, so full of himself! So much, it makes me pity him ROFL

Get a life for fucks sake! Minty man, whoop his candy ass the mo fo :uzi:

Minty
04-12-2006, 02:09 PM
send me a game invite when ever your ready.we can play tiger and top spin,ill win both and i havent even played tiger on 360

if your that confident, why not make it interesting and both PayPal routine some money. winner takes all ;)

and Webby, shouldnt be a problem i think :p

Webb
04-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Hasn't even played Tiger?? Bet he'll struggle to go round under par, yet alone 20 under!!!!! :nana

Bishop566
04-12-2006, 07:52 PM
webmaster,you have like 500 posts and a 2900 gamerscore,you should spend a little less time talking about games and a little more playing them.Minty,ill put $100.on a game of Tiger if your SERIOUS let me know and ill go rent it ,im so sick of Tiger Woods games I dont want to buy it,but, be warned ahead of time I own the game on many formats and used to play CONSTANTLY.The only reason Idont have the 360 version is because I have it on regular PS2.By the way thats American money not pounds or what ever pink money you guys use over there.

Minty
04-13-2006, 10:41 AM
go and rent it. and the moneys on top spin, tigers just to prove i can kick your ass.

and our 'pink' money is worth 1.8 of your dollars. so whos got th crap currency really

Webb
04-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Bishop ya bitch. Hate to point it out, I play games for fun, not for achievements, I ain't gonna waste my time on games that don't interest me.

Anyway, i'm happy with my 2900 points considering I've only played like 7 games. 1's an arcade, 1 was a demo arcade and another is Tiger, which takes ages to get achievement points on.

So.... Get fucked mo fo!!!!! :uzi:

:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :nana:nana:nana:nana

Webb
04-13-2006, 04:16 PM
To back my point up...

Bishop566 average score per game ... 387
Mine............................................ 414.3 :woop:

:nana:nana:nana

You haven't even completed Call of Duty on veteran :D

scoobydiesel
04-14-2006, 12:39 AM
hey maybe minty can last longer in this challenge then he did in the fifa one....oops.... ;)

Minty
04-14-2006, 12:45 AM
anyway, name a time for top spin....

free most of today until about midnight- im in GMT +1

ba11a818
04-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Nobody wants to see me in Top Spin after I unlocked all 1000 finally, whew!!

Portis360
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
lol why are you dissing minty and saying your better then him when your here complaining about the AI being too hard on easy mode? plz. if you can't beat the cpu on easy mode then your not that good. and if you can't beat the cpu on easy then i'd suggest you stay far away from online play cause them cats make the AI players look stupid when u go up against them. this game is fairly simple. use tactics wins then come easily. learn the cpu's moves cause they do the same tactics whole match.

Bishop566
04-19-2006, 05:32 AM
Portis,maybe your too stupid to read before making a fool of your self.I already figured out everything you said like the day after i rented it,got 650 acchievements including 25 on line wins.The only reason it took me a day,and a post to get the hang of it is cuz the last tennis game I played was on the NES,but your probaly too young to rember that.I like how the first time I posted on a site Ihave been enjoying for months asking for help on a game everyone bashed me.If you take the time to go back and read you could see I didnt start with anyone and only retaliated after being insulted for no reason.Had you read the rest of the posts you might had been able to say something intelligent rather than sounding like an asshole.By the way Minty I noticed you have been unable to put your money where your mouth is.

Webb
04-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Minty made a small joke, which you took quite badly and this is how you reacted.

Minty,if you have to be good at a game to deserve the points then you must suck at games,considering you dont even have 7000 yet.On the other hand I have 12501.:nana

But then your pure arrogance has got everyones back up. And every post from now, you take a swipe at someone else.

Minty
04-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Had you read the rest of the posts you might had been able to say something intelligent rather than sounding like an asshole.By the way Minty I noticed you have been unable to put your money where your mouth is.

2 little points. you took something the wrong way, made yourself look like an arrogant cunt, and dont do the american race any favours.

secondly, i put a post up nearly a week ago saying that id be online all that day, and its taken you till now to get your arse back onto the site, and then tell me i havent put my money up??

how do the words 'fuck off dumbass' sound to you?

and well done on the 25 online wins- must have been so hard forfeiting them

Bishop566
04-21-2006, 02:34 AM
I understane your scared,its ok.

Maka
04-21-2006, 02:48 AM
I haven't really been in this but, bishop you need to STFU. Are you proud of yourself for the things you've said. I think it'd be fair to say that nobody would be angry if you left this site and never posted again

Maka
04-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Dead or Alive 4, Marble Blast Ultra, O Wait....Ill own you at all the games i own....... i have more gamerscore than you in all the games we share in common except for King Kong, You fuckin noob.... Gamerscore is not a reflection of your ablility its a reflection of whether you're an EA Sports fanboy or not....

SpideR NY
04-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Bishop you sound like a dumb ass. Higher gamerscores dont make a better gamer. Just because I have 9k and joe shmo has 5k and John Doe has 23k doesnt mean anyone is lesser or greater. Now I think that certain games I own at (football, basketball, mil shooters) That doesnt mean that someone who likes other types of games (rpgs, puzzle, whatever) is less or better of a gamer. Grow up.

Webb
04-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Gamerscore is not a reflection of your ablility its a reflection of whether you're an EA Sports fanboy or not....

ROFL :D Nice one Maka.

Minty
04-21-2006, 07:23 AM
ROFL :D Nice one Maka.

yeah, seconded.

but Tigers and EA, and im a fanboy :P:P:P

and Bishop, theres absolutly no indication in any post that im scared, its you thats backing out in this. i was looking forward to pwning you, looks like you are all talk and no game

ocfp
04-21-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah, seconded.

but Tigers and EA, and im a fanboy :P:P:P

and Bishop, theres absolutly no indication in any post that im scared, its you thats backing out in this. i was looking forward to pwning you, looks like you are all talk and no game

dont even respond to him. let him get lost.

Zer0
04-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Wow, what a load of useful Top Spin info thanks guys...

Webb
04-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Wow, what a load of useful Top Spin info thanks guys...

ROFL I love sarcasm :p

Maka
04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
It could've been more sarcastic like with an emoticon like: :p or ;)

Webb
04-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't know. I liked it without, more mystery :p

You could always go back and edit...

Bishop566
04-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Hey Maka,hopefully one day a woman might actually talk to you.......but, I doubt it.By the way I never said a high gamer score makes you a better gamer,you might want to take Mintys Dick out of your mouth long enough to actually read the posts so you know what your talking about.

Webb
04-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Still, he comes back!! ROFL

You know you can't judge what someone is like just by a few posts on a forum, i.e. what your saying about Maka, but from the 11 posts of yours I can tell your a DICK!! :nana

Minty
04-23-2006, 08:08 AM
ooooh, the gay reference. i wish i had your comedy genius.

stroker.

k_dog
04-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Dont feel bad you have a higher score than me in like two games,that i never played,....outta like 30! Point proven you suck
I got you Minty...;)

Ok, If you want to get technical, my 23k makes your score looks like the shit Crash 27 and I did in our spare time.

I'm pretty sure I outscore you in everything including GamerScore, Wang Size, Friends and Life.

Point Proven, you suck. And think twice before you decide to flame a Mod and his posse, y0.

This is why I'm legendary.

-Brian

EDIT: And why should Minty have anything to prove to you? He's the Mod with friends and you're not. Go find another excuse to suck, Fuckin' n00b...

Minty
04-23-2006, 08:48 AM
oh yeah.

and just so we can say whos got the most points per game:

Burnout: I outscore you
Tomb Raider: I outsocre you
Top SPin: I outscore you
Dead or ALive: Well done- its you!!
Full AUto: I outscore you
Call of Duty: I outscore you
Perfect Dark: I outscore you
Condemned: I outscore you
King Kong-ill have this done in the next day or so, but ill let you have it for noww.

So thats 7-2 to me at the moment, with 1 of yours gonna be cancelled out soon.

but whos counting ;)

k_dog
04-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Life:

Minty > Bishop

Friends:

Minty > Bishop

Top Spin Skill:

Minty > Bishop

Ability to suck at life:

Bishop > everybody else.....
Bishop = cotteneyekeith (and that's a bad thing)

Minty
04-23-2006, 09:00 AM
and to bring it back to tennis

Game, Set and Match Minty ;)