PDA

View Full Version : 2007 - The Year of Great Games?

Smokez
07-11-2007, 09:51 PM
While watching E3 it got me thinking that this coming 3rd n 4th quarter might be the biggest ever. Look at all the great games coming out including all the RPGs finally. For me the biggest game coming out is not Halo3 it's Assassins Creed. I would list all the great games but we already have them listed. What do you guys think?

alex4283
07-11-2007, 09:56 PM
bioshock
too human
assassin's creed
beautiful katamari

the list goes on....it's definitely going to be jam packed. Expect holiday sales to be up this year with the ps3 going down in price and the elite making its debut.

dandi32
07-11-2007, 10:04 PM
mass effect
two worlds

great lookin rpg's

zdarko43
07-11-2007, 10:59 PM
yeah def mass effect, gta, halo, and def army of two =)

i agree, the line up for the holiday season is beautiful, but unfortunately my wallet won't look so good! lol

Tussell
07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
GTA, Halo 3, Assassins Creed, Army of Two, and Left 4 Dead.

infradude
07-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Guys guys guys what about Half Life 2: Orange Box, you got the orginal Half Life 2, episode 1, episode 2, portal, AND TEAM FOTRESS 2. Now thats something defintley I'm getting. Guys thats alot of games, takes alot of time, and it will be alot of fun.

mightydionysus
07-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Mass Effect, Halo 3, and Unreal all look great. I hope someone else plays Unreal. I really loved playing Championship in the early days of Live on the big black box.

mightydionysus
07-12-2007, 12:07 AM
yeah def mass effect, gta, halo, and def army of two =)

i agree, the line up for the holiday season is beautiful, but unfortunately my wallet won't look so good! lol

A lot of good games will be overlooked and that usually means nice price cuts in February. If we can just hold out.

x McGrim x
07-12-2007, 12:08 AM
-Unreal
-Orange Box
-Assassins
-Halo 3
-GTA IV
-Army of Two
-Stranglehold

Too many games, not enough time/money to get the achievements in all of them. :(

SegaSaturnSNK
07-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Well for me, my game of the year would be:

Most likely Beautiful Katamari if the missions and multiplayer is good enough knowing the the second Katamari game, mainly the missions sucked ass imo. Also, Virtua Fighter 5.

But for mags, internet, and etc. Game of the year for the 360 will probably either be Mass Effect, Halo 3, or GTA4.

JonnyC VT
07-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I hope we didn't need E3 to remind us that 2007 was gunna be the year. I think sometime late 06, it was said that 07 may be the biggest year in gaming history. It's gunna heat up these next couple months and nows the time I laugh in the face of my PS3 Fanboy friend...

ilski
07-12-2007, 12:29 AM
It looks like this holiday season will be the time that the first real batch of "next-gen" games comes out. Good things.

Jdm
07-12-2007, 01:07 AM
I only can name a few off the top of my head...

Blue Dragon
Army of Two
Halo 3

Either way, M$ will keep taking my money because I keep giving it to them. I can't help myself with such Great games coming out!:p

Wolf
07-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Microsoft better hope so, because this year has to last them forever. Guys, read this post, because it's important and I need to bounce it off people. Ever since launch, all people have been saying is "what we have is great, but the best is yet to come." Gears of War came out a few days before the launch of the Wii and PS3 and video gamers were completely taken aback by its great visuals, intuitive controls, and great sense of reward. It sold systems, but the best was still yet to come, say all. Halo 3. GTA IV. Assassin's Creed. Mass Effect. In the next few months we're going to have to realize that the expression is changing to "the best has come," and I'm getting worried about the implications of that statement. Halo 3 is Halo 3 and it will be another out-of-the-park home run, but guys, that's it. That's the last time you'll really suit up as Master Chief in a Bungie-made game. Sure you've got Halo Wars to look forward too, but really, it's an RTS, which always spells trouble. We can't fall back on it anymore. It's done. Over. GTA IV is also going to be highly successful, but at the rate Rockstar goes, we'll see one more game in this generation, and who knows to whom it will show allegiance. We were all so pumped about Assassin's Creed coming over to us. Guess what, you can have it back. That demo was absolutely horrendous; it was an embarrassment to all who anticipated it. The crowd is not only blissfully unaware of your presence, they fail to really acknowledge you when you go and shove them out of the way. I saw a floating body. Jesus Christ you've been working on a game for over a year and with three months to release you've still got these types of glitches. Same with Mass Effect. For the love of God you've been working in this since 2004 and THESE ARE THE GRAPHICS YOU HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT. At least the gameplay looked solid in this one. Bioshock wasn't even presented. Why? Because it won't sell anything. Listen, it's a niche game and we're a niche audience. It will never get the reception it deserves and the industry will continue to flounder artistically because of it. Honestly, the only games they presented during the conference that met (and surprisingly exceeded) expectations were Rock Band, Call of Duty 4, and Resident Evil 5. Geewillickers, that's terrific! Wait, one of them will require a second mortgage, one of them will be on every platform that ever existed, and the other has absolutely no Microsoft following. Meanwhile, Sony completely dominated. Forget about what I've said in the past, Metal Gear Solid 4 is the absolute real deal. It is the game for the next decade; hell, it's going to be talked about for the next twenty years. It's that good, and it's actually completely shattering my previous viewpoints; I'm starting to think that, by God, Guns of the Patriots could be art. Killzone 2 looked absolutely spectacular. It won't play well on Sony's controller, but that can't take away from the fact that it looks and plays fantastically. By the way, one level took 2GB. That's a San Andreas. In one level. We need HD-DVD drives and we need them badly. We missed the boat here. Developers are finally starting to use the lightyears ahead technology set forth by Sony. Meanwhile, the Wii also continued to show its prowess. Wii Fit is really that awesome. Super Mario Galaxy is another masterpiece in the works. Mario Kart is going to sell millions of copies. Metriod 3 will continue its critically acclaimed run. Guys, the present belongs to us, but the future already has us eclipsed. This year is going to make or break the 360; if every hyped game does not deliver far and above what it should be, we have hope. If not, Amazon.com has a deal for a 60GB PS3 with Memento and five other Blu-Ray movies for only $500. This may seem like feeble conjecture now, but I know I'm going to be at least partially right on this. God, I hope we get Metal Gear.

MALDUNE
07-12-2007, 03:50 AM
True Metal Gear Should Be On 360!!

Kaens
07-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Wolf have you even looked at the 2008 release list? Let's see, games that have my interest (on a scale of 1-4 *)...

Age of Conan ***
Alan Wake ****
Alone in the Dark ***
Battlefield: Bad Company ***
Brothers in Arms ***
Call of Duty 4 ****
Condemned 2 ***
Dark Sector ***
Destroy All Humans ***
Devil May Cry ****
Dirty Harry ***
Fable 2 ****
Halo Wars ***
Indiana Jones ***
Kane & Lynch ****
Kingdom Under Fire ****
Marvel Nemisis ***
Resident Evil 5 ****
Star Wars: Force Unleashed ***
Soul Calibur 4 ***
Tom Clancy's Endwar ****

There are actually SOOO many I've decided to only list the 3 & 4 * interest. And I know there will be tons of arcade titles I like, especially with more puzzle/board types coming. Hello! These are only the titles we KNOW of, you don't think there are more?

You know why MS isn't touting what's going to come down the road (as Sony always does, over promises and never delivers)? Because they have the great games RIGHT NOW! That's the whole point they were trying to drive home at E3. They don't have to make promises of what's coming in the future because they can show that they actually are delivering on what they already promised.

Oh and you're nuts if you think Bioshock isn't going to sell. Just plain nuts.

Spacecakes
07-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Assassins Creed, GTA and Halo 3. Those are the games im really looking forward to. Most, if not all the games listed will be very good.

ilski
07-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure what you're worried about Wolf. If you see so many great things on other systems, get those systems and play them. If there's nothing on the 360 you like, don't play it. If the XboX should die, which is not likely, so what?

Adam Miller
07-12-2007, 08:20 AM
and Unreal all look great. I hope someone else plays Unreal. I really loved playing Championship in the early days of Live on the big black box.

Someone else does, i play online on pc sometimes too and im pretty unreal ;).

Games that are the biggest for me are:

GTA IV
Halo 3
Assasins Creed
Unreal Tournament 2007

This year and next are probably the best 2 years for games ever and it can only get better.:drunk

Bluntman428
07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Microsoft better hope so, because this year has to last them forever. Guys, read this post, because it's important and I need to bounce it off people. Ever since launch, all people have been saying is "what we have is great, but the best is yet to come." Gears of War came out a few days before the launch of the Wii and PS3 and video gamers were completely taken aback by its great visuals, intuitive controls, and great sense of reward. It sold systems, but the best was still yet to come, say all. Halo 3. GTA IV. Assassin's Creed. Mass Effect. In the next few months we're going to have to realize that the expression is changing to "the best has come," and I'm getting worried about the implications of that statement. Halo 3 is Halo 3 and it will be another out-of-the-park home run, but guys, that's it. That's the last time you'll really suit up as Master Chief in a Bungie-made game. Sure you've got Halo Wars to look forward too, but really, it's an RTS, which always spells trouble. We can't fall back on it anymore. It's done. Over. GTA IV is also going to be highly successful, but at the rate Rockstar goes, we'll see one more game in this generation, and who knows to whom it will show allegiance. We were all so pumped about Assassin's Creed coming over to us. Guess what, you can have it back. That demo was absolutely horrendous; it was an embarrassment to all who anticipated it. The crowd is not only blissfully unaware of your presence, they fail to really acknowledge you when you go and shove them out of the way. I saw a floating body. Jesus Christ you've been working on a game for over a year and with three months to release you've still got these types of glitches. Same with Mass Effect. For the love of God you've been working in this since 2004 and THESE ARE THE GRAPHICS YOU HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT. At least the gameplay looked solid in this one. Bioshock wasn't even presented. Why? Because it won't sell anything. Listen, it's a niche game and we're a niche audience. It will never get the reception it deserves and the industry will continue to flounder artistically because of it. Honestly, the only games they presented during the conference that met (and surprisingly exceeded) expectations were Rock Band, Call of Duty 4, and Resident Evil 5. Geewillickers, that's terrific! Wait, one of them will require a second mortgage, one of them will be on every platform that ever existed, and the other has absolutely no Microsoft following. Meanwhile, Sony completely dominated. Forget about what I've said in the past, Metal Gear Solid 4 is the absolute real deal. It is the game for the next decade; hell, it's going to be talked about for the next twenty years. It's that good, and it's actually completely shattering my previous viewpoints; I'm starting to think that, by God, Guns of the Patriots could be art. Killzone 2 looked absolutely spectacular. It won't play well on Sony's controller, but that can't take away from the fact that it looks and plays fantastically. By the way, one level took 2GB. That's a San Andreas. In one level. We need HD-DVD drives and we need them badly. We missed the boat here. Developers are finally starting to use the lightyears ahead technology set forth by Sony. Meanwhile, the Wii also continued to show its prowess. Wii Fit is really that awesome. Super Mario Galaxy is another masterpiece in the works. Mario Kart is going to sell millions of copies. Metriod 3 will continue its critically acclaimed run. Guys, the present belongs to us, but the future already has us eclipsed. This year is going to make or break the 360; if every hyped game does not deliver far and above what it should be, we have hope. If not, Amazon.com has a deal for a 60GB PS3 with Memento and five other Blu-Ray movies for only $500. This may seem like feeble conjecture now, but I know I'm going to be at least partially right on this. God, I hope we get Metal Gear.

Two words...enter key. :p

How do you figure that Sony dominated anything? They had 2 big games to show off. One of which is still rumored to be coming to the 360.

I'm not a fanboy, I was a PS2 player much longer than an xbox player. I was looking forward to the PS3...up until it got closer to launch and I realized PS3 had nothing to offer me that the 360 didn't already have. And it was outrageously expsensive, plus most of the features require thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

Sony's had nothing to make the PS3 a desirable purchase since the getgo. Oh wow, they have MGS4...big deal. MGS is way overrated, and it sure as hell isn't a system seller. I haven't even heard any of my friends mention MGS at all when we talk about games. The conversation always goes to Gears of War, Halo, Mass Effect, and GTAIV...three titles which are Xbox exlusives. MGS is just as much a "niche" title as a game like BioShock would be. It's a stealth-espionage game backed by an extremely hard to follow, bizzare japanese story line. Splinter Cell provides a far better stealth experience, without the nonsensical story.

And I've never heard anyone, ever talk about KillZone. I don't even know anything about the original, other than that Sony touted it as the "Halo killer", and it turned out to be a dud. I don't even see how that could be considered a huge title unless they did something amazing with the sequel.

ilski
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
...Oh wow, they have MGS4...big deal. MGS is way overrated, and it sure as hell isn't a system seller... MGS is just as much a "niche" title as a game like BioShock would be. It's a stealth-espionage game backed by an extremely hard to follow, bizzare japanese story line. Splinter Cell provides a far better stealth experience, without the nonsensical story.

You couldn't be more wrong about all of this.

When MGS came out on PS2 I would go over to a friend's house and play it. His mother (who was in her 50's) could have cared less for video games. She comes in and sees it the first night, she stays for a few hours. She watched us play almost that entire game.

I'll buy a PS3 for MGS4.

M7.Ninja
07-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Here's a list of great games I plan to get