PDA

View Full Version : disc format - can it be manipulated?

linktriforce007
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
If this is modding, I wish to inform that I am not a fan of modding, nor would I ever do it ever.

I just remember buying shenmue 2 PAL for my american Dreamcast, and it came with some disc that I had to put in the drive before playing the game, and it did something that allowed me to play PAL games on dreamcast.

Is there any equivelant of this for 360? Cause I really want to play that Clannad game from japan...

Minty
07-10-2011, 09:04 PM
No there isn't. Even a modded console is region locked still.

The Dagda Mor
07-10-2011, 11:00 PM
It is interesting to know that it is somehow possible (or was with the Dreamcast) and would be nice to have for some Japan only games. This is one reason why I am learning Japanese.

KeepEmRolling
07-10-2011, 11:29 PM
It is interesting to know that it is somehow possible (or was with the Dreamcast) and would be nice to have for some Japan only games. This is one reason why I am learning Japanese.

Not to mention the spring trick for the original models of the Playstation. Played many an import game doing that ;)

linktriforce007
07-11-2011, 01:13 AM

I have no intention of learning japanese, I've got a fiance who can translate for me who is learning... I'm so mean.

StillTIPPIN187
07-11-2011, 05:14 PM
The only way your console will be fully region free is if its jtaged..

BUT you wont be earning any achievements online with it.

Maybe you can be the first to use a jtag for something that doens't involve being a asswipe online.

Plus you can play tons of emulators on one too.

Tufty
07-11-2011, 06:16 PM
No there isn't. Even a modded console is region locked still.

Depends on the mod. You can take the region lock off of the drive, but I guarantee your console will be bricked.