PDA

View Full Version : do you hoard games?

kingofthstrays
07-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Hey long time since I wrote on here so hear goes nothing:
Its summer time once again other than one or two titles to come out there really not that much out there and for a lot you it time for store to go out with the old ...like really cheap games so because of sales and such I got 4 games for Under 30 Bucks

And with that I got about 60 Plus games I own that I really got a lot achievements to earn:( ....so little time

So are you a hoarder and try to take advantages of sales or are you a person who spend time with one or two games to beat it or complete it (Achievements) Then move on to something else?

dvdubb
07-11-2011, 04:33 AM
I buy games whenever they are on sale and try to complete as many to 100% as possible. Currently on 74 games....basically I buy, I complete; I buy, I complete, etc. Still got a bunch I need to play (like you said; lotsa chevos sitting there...not enough time to play... :-(

Death Metal Jim
07-11-2011, 04:38 AM
I'll usually buy cheap games in bulk, and gradually try to complete one at a time. I've been doing this since I started purchasing games for myself back in the late 90s (before that my parents bought me games that I had pestered them for ;)).

As for hoarding games, I'm definitely guilty of doing that. I still have tons of games from the last generation of consoles that I haven't touched but will eventually get to. I never trade in or sell games, I just collect and play any of them that look even remotely interesting to me.

blue silk
07-11-2011, 04:49 AM
I usually get all the achievements in a game then trade it in. The only time I don't trade in a game is if I can't get all the achievements in a game, hoping one day that the game will one day be complete able!:rock

King Agam
07-11-2011, 05:35 AM
That's definitely me. I have a stack of games over a year old waiting to be played along with 20 plus xbla games that I haven't put more than an hour into.

Worhammer
07-11-2011, 05:38 AM
I never trade in games. I try not to buy the easy cheevo games and instead rent those from Gamefly. For example, I bought and still own both Open Season and Bionicle Heroes.

I've only traded in a few games. Halo: Reach because I got a second copy from the dashboard preview, and what would I do with two copies of it? (I'll be returning a third, since I got it with my Windows Phone and it's completely unopened. "Hey walmart, I bought this and don't want it. no, I don't have a receipt...." :D)

But yeah, I don't trade stuff in. It's just a waste. I paid 60 bucks for it, now you want to give me 10 and sell it back to some other loser for 30? No thanks.

sera07
07-11-2011, 05:44 AM
Not sure if you count on demand cause i bought quiet alot when games go cheap.
I think I keep game disc and box under 20. Cause if it is a single play game, like Mass effect 2, I finish story on the date release and blow up to 1000G in a week, then trade away for 25+ GBP.
If it is a multiplay game, I will keep it for a while cause I still want to play with friends.

Got to say if I am not trading anygame, its got to be broke the bank or my home....

otaking live
07-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Once upon a time I sold all my snes games.....ever since then I've spent years getting them all back. I've never traded a game in since. Now I have over 5000 games. Hoard? HELL YES!!!!

AltruismIsDead
07-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Hmmm... I would consider myself a collector of games, but most people would probably view me as a hoarder.

A Best Buy near me closed down last year, and I probably bought around 50 or so Xbox 360 games during that period.

Currently am around 600 or so 360 games, and am part of the bestest-est X360A social group around :D the Elite Collectors group! :woop:

adamrulz
07-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I get a lot of my games on ebay for cheap, then play them as I get time. I currently have about 108 retail games, maybe 15ish arcade games. I just can't justify $60 for most games, and I will not trade in anything cause it's just a waste of money.

willssmith22283
07-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I hoard games, not as may as you guys thou, 108 games is crazy, I have about 35 xbox and 25 360 games.

rns1016
07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
see this is my problem I don't hoard games :mad: I buy play then sell then I re-buy play and sell again. Example I bought Forza 3 launch day, I only had a 32 inch CRT TV game looked like crap. So I sold it and said I'll buy it when I get an HDTV. A few months later I bought an HDTV and my friend went to gamestop and bought himself and I a copy.

I've got all but one achievement left to get. I sold it because my friends moved onto a new game. My brother got it when he bought the slim, so I bought it again, and go figure when I bought it they lost interest damn cod :mad: So yup I sold it again. I'm so stupid when it comes to keeping games. My 360 collection got to 24 games this year now its at 6. I wish I never sold any of my games but I hate to have games just sitting around while not playing them knowing I'll never play them again but on the other hand sometimes I'll miss playing a game and I won't have it.

tugboatman
07-11-2011, 12:43 PM
i thought i was a hoarder lol but with only a meager 46 games (without 42 xbla titles) i can say im still a noob lol

tiger 1
07-11-2011, 01:26 PM
If you mean hoard as in not trading them into GameStop yes, I do hold on to all my games mainly due to the fact of DLC’s and for the long 7 winter months.

:Bounce:

EMP
07-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Depends what game it is some games I hoard and others I do not..

DanTheManGum
07-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't hoard games. I keep the ones I buy but those are few now. Gamefly keeps me stocked with anything I can wait to play.

KeepEmRolling
07-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I rarely trade anything in, and if a game goes on sale, or I find a good deal on ebay, I'll pick it up. I have a huge backlog as a result, so yes....I am a hoarder!

otaking live
07-11-2011, 02:54 PM
If you don't own over 10 games that are still brand new and unopened your not hoarding hard enough. :)

ConfederateSuga
07-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Hoarding games from around the Saturn/PS1 to now is a stupid idea, tbh. None of these games will ever be as collectible as the old Atari-N64 cartridges. CDs and DVDs are highly degradable, so, even games that're unopened for 50+ years likely won't even play due to natural degradation. Cartridges, on the other hand, are protected by a special carbon-based plastic, ensuring their value will only increase over time. Sure, rarity of games matters now, but my SNES collection will be worth thousands in 50 years, while Joe Tech's Xbox 360 collection will be worthless. Just saying. If you're not going to play a disc game ever again after you've beaten it and are only holding on to it for collectible value, you're wasting time and money. If I buy a game, I sell it on eBay once I've gotten my use out of it. Trading games to GameStop or any gaming store is a huge waste of money, too, as they only give you a fraction of what a game is worth as more time passes. Tricky business. It's eBay or nothing for me. :P

Blink
07-11-2011, 04:36 PM
I buy big game releases on launch (Halo, MW etc), but I usually wait a month or two before buying anything else. Most games these days don't hold their original price for very long these days. I usually play a new game to at least 70% completion, usless it's an awful game.

jrjosh
07-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I'll buy big games on the launch date and any other games I'll get when they're on sale.
My collection isn't as big as it use to be but I hope to get it passed what it was.

Burgess1
07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Nope :Bounce: I really miss MW2 :rolleyes:

RwHu
07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I will usually buy a game when it comes out, if its gonna be worth it. Some of them you have a feeling are gonna be reduced soon so I wait on those. I don't really ever get rid of them though, once I've bought them I usually don't trade them in.

Opiate42
07-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I stopped hoarding/collecting when I realized I had no shelf space for things I simply don't play anymore and now besides the games I'm currently working on only keep the few finished games I love that I know I'll keep playing, like Mass Effect 1 & 2. I don't really collect many things nowadays.

The rest, I'll play and hold onto for a while but if no urge ever comes back to replay I'll trade in towards something else or loan to my brother and nephew.

I do take advantage of sales and cheap games to stock up on things on my "want" list when I find them. But manage to talk myself out of them sometimes when I remember I still have a dozen or so in the queue still unplayed and am saving up for my next vacation.

This fall release season is going to hamstring my economic nutsack.

jules the great
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
i use GameFly with the 3 game out plan. You're right tho nothing SUPER is out right now that I havent played or want to really get into, so I find myself renting either on my Xbox or PS3 games that ive already beaten but want to play on the opposite system (Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, etc) for the equivalent cheeve or trophies. Now, when the Fall/Winter comes.....

Iceskater101
07-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I kinda am a hoarder for games I have multiple games that I'm playing at once and I have a ton of games I have no interest in playing but I haven't gotten rid of them yet
I also like buying a ton of games at once b/c once I'm done with one game I can move on to the next game.
I love going to Gamestop and going to the bargain bin they have and just seeing if there is anything I want so I can buy a ton of games at once

LesStewart
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I enjoy building up a library of games similar to the OP. I also lend out a lot of my titles to friends that aren't as avid XBOX players, so I tend to keep games around just for that reason. I think I have something like a dozen titles on lend right now.

buaku
07-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I also hoard games. If I find a game I want I buy it and then listen to my wifes complaints about my game collection. :P
But that's okay as she play the games too.

loganlogan80
07-12-2011, 01:10 AM
If I see a game that's on sale, and it looks good, I'll go ahead and get it. I limit myself to one game a month though so I don't throw out all my money.

Kievah
07-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Between work and children, I have very little spare time, but I grab games I've been dying to play every time they go on sale. Unfortunately, I'm buying them at a rate faster than I can complete them. But that means I have plenty to loan out to mates and always something there waiting to play when I do find myself free.

I haven't traded games since the PSX days. Why bother, when for the paltry trade value, I can keep my game, pay the cash, and get an older title, or put a bit more cash down and get something decent and on sale?

I'm at 30 games right now, and there are probably 7 or 8 I haven't had a decent play through.

lonewarriortbh
07-12-2011, 03:34 AM
I buy usually new games and if they have collector's editions
...I rarley trade in any..unless they completely suck like Brink did..

DarkReign2021
07-12-2011, 04:11 AM
I've got a habit of collecting games. Not including my XBLA and digital 360 downloads, I have roughly 90 games between my Xbox and 360. This isn't completely up to date, but this is a rough idea of what my collection is at (I've since lost a few games and added a couple more like Duke Nukem Forever and Child of Eden.)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/075/b/5/my_videogame_collection_by_darkreign2021-d3bsfce.jpg

CyberPunch83
07-12-2011, 04:29 AM
I don't really collect/hoard games. I tend to have a high turnover of games, but I keep a core of about 8 games and generally operate at about 12-14 games. My high is about 22 games but currently have 12 with 5 on the go. Perhaps once the economy has picked up a bit more and I can actually get a job, I'll go back to collecting games.

Paulson
07-12-2011, 04:30 AM
I have the opposite of a game horde atm, I have 4 games that I plan to hang onto.

ConfederateSuga
07-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I only keep games that allow you to pick up and play them again later. I only have a handful of games left, tbh. I have my Assassin's Creed collection which I'd never sell, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Sacred 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2 and I always keep 1 Halo game and 1 CoD game, so I have Reach and Black Ops. Modest collection, but one that I'm proud to own :)

Sampson
07-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm definitely NOT a game hoarder by your definition..

CoregBlue1
07-12-2011, 05:51 PM
i try to play every game 100% as much as i can. Currently i have 4 games original sealed in my shelf because i am working on alice, which takes so long because there are also my just for fun games like Street Fighter or BlazBlue. I care about achievements on those but mostly i just turn my xbox on and go into network.

SF and BB are my favourite games and i am always gonna play them.

kingofthstrays
07-12-2011, 06:25 PM
OWow!
Some people are dedicated hoarders on this site!!
Me I trade a lot of games in ......but I buy a lot more games

If there is a game I want to buy but don't want to pay full retail for it I would usally stake it out and wait for the price to drop

Like fist of the north star : Ken rage it not worth the full retail price but getting it for 10 Bucks was worth the money! And everywhere I go retail stores still want full retail price for that game!

Best time for game to go on sale are the months of january and june and july why?
In jan they are clearing the way for new 2011 Games
In june or july they are getting ready for christmas

so why not buy a couple of cheap games to hold you over til the good ones come out and build your collection further I say!

chelseaman99
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM
I very rarely buy any new games or trade in old games. I don't buy many new games because I find it hard to find enough money to buy more than 2 new ones a year - I rely on Christmas and Birthday presents (I'm 14).

However, this year I should have enough money to get quite a few more new games. I don't trade-in games because you get so little for them.

I also like to take advantage of deals, again because i don't have too much money. For instance, the other day I bought Fable III for £5 and World Snooker Championship 2007 for £3. I probably won't play them for ages but I know I will eventually and will make the purchases well worth it.

FlamesOfGrey
07-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I've never thought of myself as a "hoarder" only a collector. I do buy between 20 - 50 games a month so, I guess I am.

bathori
07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Like FlamesofGrey, I consider myself a collector, not a hoarder.
I do have a fairly large collection spread across the 3 current gen consoles and DS.
The vast majority or my games I plan on playing again at some point, or with ones I don't plan to replay, the wife hasn't completed yet.
The issue I run into is game sales. I have a list of games I want and look 3 of them are for sale. BANG, three more games into the backlog. Then a week later there a buy 1 get the second 1/2 off sale. Look, theres two more added to the collection.
Eventually my purchases will catch up to my list and I can make a dent in the backlog.

Floorkiller
07-13-2011, 05:54 AM
I got my Xbox 360 9mo ago today, and I'm at 158 retail games (+4 xbox games), and @35 arcade games. I guess it is hording since I really don't have time to play near what I have! Every game I bought (except one, NHL 2K6 for .99) is one I look forward to, and do plan on playing someday. 360 is the 1st gaming console 'Ive purchased since Genesis, so I'm kinda making up for lost time, lol (I do have a dreamcast that was given to me in 2001 or so, so I wasn't totally barren for those 20 years haha)

willstel7
07-13-2011, 02:42 PM
yea im in the same boat i can never bring myself to sell/lend one of my games once i buy it

Fire Hawk D
07-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure what I am. I guess hoarder is probably the closest. I'm not a "collector", because as soon as the next console comes out, any games I have for the previous one are usually on their way out.

At this point, I have 127 retail and 77 Arcade Xbox 360 games. I also have every 3DS game on the market (all 20 of them). I had big Wii and DS collections, but I got rid of 90% of my DS collection to help pay for my first house and later to get some of my first 360 games, and my Wii collection has started shrinking since the Wii U was confirmed for next year.

I tend to buy games whenever they're cheap, unless it's a huge release I just can't wait to pick up. I have a spreadsheet with all the 360 games I've bought in my sig, with prices and such. I rarely pay more than $25 for a game, usually around $10.

otaking live
07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I remember I walked into WalMart not long ago and all the cheap games were marked down to .99 cents. I bought 19 of them. Pretty much everyone I didn't already own. Think I even bought some doubles.

FlamesOfGrey
07-13-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm not sure what I am. I guess hoarder is probably the closest. I'm not a "collector", because as soon as the next console comes out, any games I have for the previous one are usually on their way out.

At this point, I have 127 retail and 77 Arcade Xbox 360 games. I also have every 3DS game on the market (all 20 of them). I had big Wii and DS collections, but I got rid of 90% of my DS collection to help pay for my first house and later to get some of my first 360 games, and my Wii collection has started shrinking since the Wii U was confirmed for next year.

I tend to buy games whenever they're cheap, unless it's a huge release I just can't wait to pick up. I have a spreadsheet with all the 360 games I've bought in my sig, with prices and such. I rarely pay more than $25 for a game, usually around $10.

Just wanted to correct you and say the 3DS has 30 games released not 20.

ExtremeRugburn
07-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I am a game hoarder. The first step is admitting it. My wife says I spend too much time gaming and she is right, but I have too many games and not enough time to play them. I always tell myself to only get the very best triple A titles that interest me and to ignore all others and arcade games, but when they go on sale I cannot resist. I am getting better though and have only purchased Comic Jumper since DA2 came out.

Fire Hawk D
07-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Just wanted to correct you and say the 3DS has 30 games released not 20.

Really?

I mean, going back over the numbers, I was 6 off, but what're the other 4 I'm missing?

FlamesOfGrey
07-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Really?

I mean, going back over the numbers, I was 6 off, but what're the other 4 I'm missing?

I don't know what games you have to tell you... :confused:

Jraa7
07-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I mostly buy all the new releases game when its available
I dont care about the price put instead i care about how much fun i will have from tha game i bought
i can buy about 35 games a month plus about 4 to 6 cars to my collection
i buy about 35000 microsoft a month of course not all of them for me
I give half of them to my friends 4000 each

Dz06lt
07-14-2011, 12:50 AM
haord games no, however i always seem to have a backlog of games from last Q4 to catch up on to get through the summer drought just for it to start all over again the next Q4 sickening really

Fire Hawk D
07-14-2011, 06:52 AM
I don't know what games you have to tell you... :confused:

HAVE:
Asphalt 3D
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II
Cubic Ninja
Dream Trigger 3D
DualPenSports
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Madden NFL Football
Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog and New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Rabbids: Travel in Time 3D
Rayman 3D
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Samurai Warriors Chronicles
Steel Diver
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
Transformers: Dark of the Moon – Stealth Force Edition

NEED:
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
Petz Fantasy 3D
Reel Paradise Fishing 3D
Spongebob Squigglepants 3D

And, Jesus, Jraa7. o.O

TRUESALT
07-14-2011, 07:22 AM
You guys should all start trading old games. I have a few I have hoarded for a rainy day. Others I would like to trade off...

FlamesOfGrey
07-14-2011, 10:16 AM
HAVE:
Asphalt 3D
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II
Cubic Ninja
Dream Trigger 3D
DualPenSports
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Madden NFL Football
Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog and New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Rabbids: Travel in Time 3D
Rayman 3D
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Samurai Warriors Chronicles
Steel Diver
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
Transformers: Dark of the Moon – Stealth Force Edition

NEED:
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
Petz Fantasy 3D
Reel Paradise Fishing 3D
Spongebob Squigglepants 3D

And, Jesus, Jraa7. o.O

You're missing
Bust A Move Universe
Combat Of Giant Dinosaurs
Nintendog + Cats: Golden Retriever & Friends
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
The Sims 3
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

There's more then 30 actually lol.

Storm Cobra
07-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes, I collect them. I have about 120 games, so there is always something to play ^^

NecroGoreTopsy
07-14-2011, 04:57 PM
yes i happen to be a hoarder i go for cheap games maby 4 or 5 at a time

Fire Hawk D
07-14-2011, 10:01 PM
You're missing
Bust A Move Universe
Combat Of Giant Dinosaurs
Nintendog + Cats: Golden Retriever & Friends
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
The Sims 3
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

There's more then 30 actually lol.

Wow, I feel...a bit foolish. I have these all recorded in a spreadsheet (along with MSRP, release date, etc.) and I didn't scroll to the top. I didn't notice this because I have the header "frozen". Along with the one's you listed, we both didn't list Super Monkey Ball 3D and Pilotwings Resort, which I have. Total comes to 31 on the market and 29 I own.

Okay, enough talking about 3DS on the Xbox forum. XD

ZedChuva
07-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Yes, yes, I'm a hoarder. But since I'm not on A&E, I call it "collecting". :p

122 360 games
45 PS2 games (10 which I've never played)
680 DVDs (many I've never watched... seen the movie tho)
122 BluRays

I've never traded or sold a game. I've only sold a few DVDs.

But, I don't have a problem. I can stop any time I want, I just don't want to. :woop:

MightyPeter
07-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I admit, I have a problem...

Been hoarding since the days of NES, bought all systems and lately been getting into arcade cabinets and pcb's...

I have a basement packed with games that I've never played, and probably never will...
Kinda sad really, but renovating the house and keeping the yard (60 acres) in check, just takes too much time these days :(

Not to mention the money I've plowed down in the collection, do you really need two Progear No Arashi kits?
Did a (rough) estimate last year, and it was worth around 20k $US, I just hope the missus dont know how much it's worth, she seems to think there are better ways to spend money...

Also, this is no bragging post, just a story about a man with a problem ;)

The Dagda Mor
07-15-2011, 10:56 PM
If I see games go down in price quite a bit I will pick them up. Just need the extra time to play them all. Thought on this vacation I would have a chance but came down with an excruciating 2+ week headache that made me light sensitive... argh.

DarkReign2021
07-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Jeez. So many fellow hoarders in the world. X360A ought to start a trading or a swap program. Instead of selling games, why not trade or temporarily swap games with another person on the site. This way if you have a game they want and they have one you want, you can get the cheevos for the game without having to spend a ton of money. (I used to be signed up for a loaner program that did this, but I lost too many games thanks to untrustworthy people.)

Also, Jraa7, you wanna be friends? lol.

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
09-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Not at all unless they are a series which i collect such as Final Fantasy. Unless I play the game at least once a month, its off to gamestop for store credit or a friend for some quick cash.

A Scary Demon
09-07-2011, 06:32 AM
I am a hoarder i still have all my n64 games 50+ all my sega mega drive games 30+ original xbox games 30+ and xbox 360 games up until a week ago i had 120+ but i traded in 50 games to pay off
collectors edition: Skyrim
Gears Epic Edition
MW3 Hardened edition
Gears 3 Console
Dead Island
halo 4
halo CE: anniversary
Battlefield Collectors edition i wouldnt usually trade games for other games but i dont have a job as of recently :(

THUGGEDOUT
09-07-2011, 07:21 AM
I buy a few games cheap and save them for when I feel really bored and not in a rush to complete them. Just bought Darksiders a few days ago and dont plan on completing it anytime soon, especially once September 20th hits...

RuYi
09-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I tend to play just one game. It sparks my interest while still being developed, I get it when it's released, play it, and wait for the next interesting game to come out. There are very few games that I really want to play, so I could claim I'm not a hoarder.

But I suppose having multiple copies of all the Resident Evil games kind of makes me a hoarder... So yes, I'm a hoarder.

i got squeezed
09-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Never. The max 360 games on disc I have is 6 including 2 GoD. Really don't see the point in keeping games you will never play, beaten and maxed out or got bored.

zaklifean
09-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I am a hoarder. I still have all my original NES games. For some reason, I only have like 10 SNES games. Anyways, I will buy used games, but I wont sell used games back. I really should look into gamefly.

Jaska95
09-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Nope. When i got xbox early 2009 i got new game ever month or so but this year i have only gotten La Noire and Dragon age origins,Dead Space and Batman AA for my birth day. New game i will get is From Dust or Bastion From Xbla. New retail will be Battlefield 3 ---> Wait for chrismast and i will get Assassins Creed Revelatiosn and Dead Island/Skyrim/Deus Ex/Gears 3

But games i have beaten i don't sell.

MxPx
09-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I buy games when I want to buy games. I don't wait for sales.
My buddy is a big fan of sales.

Typical convo will go like this...

Me - "Dude, I'm thinking about picking (insert game title) up"
Him - "Just wait until Black Friday, it will be on sale"
Me - "Bro, that's like 8 months away...I'm not going to wait that long just to save $5."

I also don't sell games back...unless its a used purchase and I get full store credit for it. But there's no point in selling new games back...they never give you enough value for it. You're better off keeping it.

I always get a kick out of people selling their consoles/games because they "need cash". You really going to sell $750 worth of product to Gamestop for what...$150 maybe? Just ripping yourself off.

Mr Gollywoggins
09-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Massive hoarder. My account was started around 2 years ago, before that my brother had his xbox for 2 years with around 15 games that he annoyed my parents into buying for him. I now have at least 70 lying around, haven't completed all of them or in some cases started. As a rule I never trade any games in, most of them only get small change anyway.

Rickmassacre
09-07-2011, 07:18 PM
i try to be a horder then get really poor and have to sell them all :(

cjdavies
09-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I buy one game at a time, complete the single campigan, and if multiplayer and I enjoy it, play that for a bit then buy a new game.

If no MP or I don't like it then I trade it in.

Tatanko
09-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I hoard games in the sense that I keep old ones I know I'm never going to play again. I have a ton of old PS2 games sitting around that I will literally never play again, yet I keep them. Mostly because they aren't worth anything to sell and nobody would want them.

otaking live
09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I also don't sell games back...unless its a used purchase and I get full store credit for it. But there's no point in selling new games back...they never give you enough value for it. You're better off keeping it.

I always get a kick out of people selling their consoles/games because they "need cash". You really going to sell $750 worth of product to Gamestop for what...$150 maybe? Just ripping yourself off.

Most of those people do that because they need beer/dope/crack for the weekend. They keep pawnshops in business!

Paka
09-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, I'm terribly backlogged. I work full-time so have money to buy games that interest me (and I'm good about finding deals) but not nearly enough time to play. :( I also tend not to sell or trade games when I'm done, thinking I MAY want to play it again someday, lol. Occasionally I'll bite the bullet and get rid of some, though usually in those cases give them to friends' kids so I feel good about doing a good deed.

Tsaako
09-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I do it when i get the chance to, gives me something to do whilst waiting for a new big title game to come out.

McGoogles
09-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I guess I'm a hoarder. I still have Metro 2033, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Space 2, and Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon in my cabinet waiting to be played. I still have to finish Oblivion, Gears of War 2, and the new DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops before I can start any of such games. Then by the time I'm finished, Gears of War 3 and the new Fallout: New Vegas DLC will be released.

Quite busy.

casademorte
09-09-2011, 01:14 AM
You better believe I hoard. I still have all the games my parents bought me for the nintendo. Still have all my super nintendo games, N64, Xbox, and now Xbox 360 games. It just seems wrong to get rid of them. Plus the paltry amount I would get in trade-ins or selling just seems like a waste. I also have those moments of nostalgia where I bust out the old system and enjoy.

I guess in the end I just can't bring myself to get rid of games. Though there are a few I have seriously considered, looking at you NBA Live 07.

ConstantC4RN4GE
09-09-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm pretty picky about games. They need a lot of replay value or at least a worthwhile playthrough for me. I also do my best to complete a game before I move on. With the Halo series I have gone above and beyond.

Elyk Nosam
09-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Do I "hoard" games?
I wouldn't call it hoarding as I bought the game, I could shove it up my ass if I wanted to. (:D) Owning a game is owning a game. You're not required to trade it in or sell it when you're done playing.

If I want a game, I'll buy it.
It doesn't matter the price. If I want it, I get it.

...Simp

magic_clembo
09-09-2011, 07:47 PM
yh i hoard, i've got about 10+ 360 i still need to play but i really don't have the time to play them, but most of them are offline so i'll play them whenever i get the time, and i've got about 10+ PS3 games that i'll be playing at uni whenever i get the chance, plus i never sell any games anymore which i always use to do!

Broken Turtle
09-10-2011, 02:12 AM
I guess I could be considered a hoarder. Every year I take an inventory, and right now I have a collection of 25 consoles (handhelds included) and 482 games. Sooo...yup, hoarder! ;)

Raziel1977
09-10-2011, 02:19 AM
I only buy games with a good replay value so yes I guess that would make me a game hoarder but a happy one.!!!

V3T Hunter
09-10-2011, 03:20 AM
I have a huge collection of xbox 360 games that I still need to finish.