PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that ranking up to 50 is going to be faster in BF3?

Cooljoe
07-11-2011, 11:39 AM
I heard kills in bf3 are going to be worth 100 points?!? Is that true?I'm guessing then that they would just scale the ranking up then so it will take just as long to hit 50 as in bfbc2.:drunk

TagsxA
07-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I sure hope this is true! I can't stand how long it takes to max out your leveling in BF:BC2. I think I'm at level 25 or something, and I've been playing it for quite a while. I actually lose interest at times because it takes so long to get to the next ranking.

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-11-2011, 02:09 PM
I liked the leveling in BFBC2. It made you really appreciate it when you leveled. I hope they keep it the same, or at least close to it. When you were out defending or capping you really racked up points, as opposed to getting a high "body count".
Also, they said that unlocks and such would be better spread out over your career, that way you do not have everything by 25th level, with nothing but endless grinding to do till max level.

CIF
07-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Also, they said that unlocks and such would be better spread out over your career, that way you do not have everything by 25th level, with nothing but endless grinding to do till max level.
I like that the only thing level 50s have over level 20s is experience. Balance is good.

exo-apollo
07-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah I hope it takes as long as BC2 (which i still am only at like 36 or something). I remember BF2 had crazy huge ranking, with your global score. I remember that to get to the next level at one point I had to play double my 90 hours already played to reach it.

Tatanko
07-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I sure hope this is true! I can't stand how long it takes to max out your leveling in BF:BC2. I think I'm at level 25 or something, and I've been playing it for quite a while.
I hate to discourage you, but you're at 22 with ~400,000 points and you need an additional 5,000,000 to get to 50 from where you're at :p Better get crackin'!
This would be a major improvement. I care more about them spreading out the unlocks than anything else to do with the ranking system. Give people some motivation to level up! Clearly I don't need motivation because I just got to 50 on BC2, but I probably would have gotten there a lot quicker if I had something fun to unlock waiting for me at L40 or something.

The Bum-Mobile
07-13-2011, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't mind the current leveling length if there was stuff to work towards! By the early twenties inhad everything in the game!

Kaiyo
07-14-2011, 08:45 AM
I wished they had the ranking like Halo: Reach did with the ranks like when they add on more ranks after release with a major update.

Tatanko
07-14-2011, 01:51 PM
I wished they had the ranking like Halo: Reach did with the ranks like when they add on more ranks after release with a major update.
Add on... or unlock? They were there the whole time and Bungie wouldn't let us have them until they updated it :( If I remember right they had a good reason, though.

Hojbjerg
07-14-2011, 03:08 PM
I sure hope not they are making it any easy'er then everyone will just be lvl 50 in no time

Cooljoe
07-15-2011, 07:10 AM
I wouldn't mind the current leveling length if there was stuff to work towards! By the early twenties inhad everything in the game!

I couldn't agree more:)

Demolition D
07-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Good Question. I would like to see them cut down the time it takes to max level. I spent over 500+ hrs and 10 months to hit the max. I will say, at that length you really appreciate the accomplishment! I HATE the Prestige in COD's...

Actually, I think I do like the length. It separates the players. I think there is a good balance, but when I play guys who are at my rank, I know what they go through.

rc deaths agent
07-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Good Question. I would like to see them cut down the time it takes to max level. I spent over 500+ hrs and 10 months to hit the max. I will say, at that length you really appreciate the accomplishment! I HATE the Prestige in COD's...

Actually, I think I do like the length. It separates the players. I think there is a good balance, but when I play guys who are at my rank, I know what they go through.
I agree...please don't make it as easy as cod to rank up. maybe a little faster would be ok but nowhere near cod fast.

Kaiyo
07-18-2011, 08:59 PM
I sure hope not they are making it any easy'er then everyone will just be lvl 50 in no time

Amen to that, otherwise we'll have loads of lvl 50s and tons of them in no time.

Barad
07-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Well I'm only rank 42 and I've played over 280 hrs on BC2 so yeah it takes awhile. Tbh I don't mind if it takes super long, would be cool if reaching top rank on BF3 took minimum 1000 hours lol theres goes my life.

MediumMelanin
08-06-2011, 06:44 PM
No, they posted a blog recently and it'll take some time to reach the highest rank, which is good in my books! :) I'm almost at rank 49 and I don't wanna reach 50! The stars for weapons give a huge boost! So it's not hard to rank up.

Tatanko
08-07-2011, 02:56 AM
The stars for weapons give a huge boost! So it's not hard to rank up.

Ding ding ding! My award score was higher than my combat score when I reached 50 ;)

deadmise
08-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Ranking should take as much time as it took on BF2. Back then, rank really told are you good or bad(if you dont count hackers). I spent 1200+ hrs on that game and I didnt reach the top rank, I made it to Colonel. And it was nice that there was rank which was really hard to achieve and only a few people got it legit like 4 star general on BF2 where you had to be 3 star general and had to be the best player of the month in the world :D. That was something...

Kaiyo
08-12-2011, 07:45 PM
If it has any achievements on the ranking then I want it faster.
If not, then its ok.

Tatanko
08-13-2011, 03:19 AM
If it has any achievements on the ranking then I want it faster.
If not, then its ok.

Thanks for only thinking of your achievement whoring self and not the community of players that actually enjoys playing Battlefield games.

x SL4YER x
08-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks for only thinking of your achievement whoring self and not the community of players that actually enjoys playing Battlefield games.
nice one dude its about the game play not the fu**ing achievements......

Tatanko
08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
nice one dude its about the game play not the fu**ing achievements......
Amen. Besides, anybody playing the game to enjoy it will get 1000:gsicon: eventually I bet ;)

littlejay
08-16-2011, 09:06 PM
it took some work to start ranking up in the alpha. but once you start getting weapons upgraded and decent awards/ribbons then it picks up. i don't think it's that much faster though. seems to go just fine.

Sny Pelican
08-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Even tough it doesn't say anything about rank specifically, it mentions a shitlong time to get all the awards and unlocks. *clicky clicky (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/05/bb.aspx)*

eXoTiC Zebes0
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Only noobs and people who didn't enjoy bc2 complained about the ranking system.