PDA

View Full Version : Question about playing Original Xbox Games

Shadow1337
07-12-2011, 03:59 AM
So I'm going to download some original xbox games like Crash Bandicoot : Wrath of Cortex , but I heard that playing xbox 1 games can corrupt your 360 data. Will that happen? :confused: Thanks for the help .

DarkReign2021
07-12-2011, 04:07 AM
I've never heard of this happening before and I've never had it happen personally. A few games like Conker have become corrupted on me for seemingly no reason, but I've never had a problem outside of the game itself. Still, I can't promise you won't find a nightmarishly glitchy experience. The emulation process outside of Halo 1 was very poorly done on the Original Xbox titles. Even Halo 2 had it's share of visual glitches. My recommendation to you is to go to Disc Replay (or possibly a pawn shop) and plunk down $20-$30 on an original Xbox. I did this to catch up on games I missed out on during the last generation and I'm having a much better time with it (especially since there are a lot of great games that won't work on the 360.)

Shadow1337
07-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Will tbh I only plan on buying Crash B: WOC , so I hope I get no problems. I don't need anything special to play the game , right? Just my 360 and remote?

RwHo
07-12-2011, 04:15 AM
I havent heard anything about it being corrupt after playing a game or something. Only thing I dont like about it is you cannot be in party chats or private chats while playing these games. Wish they would do something about that, maybe I would play some older games again.

Shadow1337
07-12-2011, 04:19 AM
Meh, My 360 headset broke, so I don't really mind . Gettin' a new one, though. RwHo, you didn't need anything special to play xbox games, right?

RwHo
07-12-2011, 04:24 AM
I dont believe so. Just have the game, whether you buy it off the dashboard or have the disk. It just works with your Xbox, nothing special needed.

CyberPunch83
07-12-2011, 04:25 AM
You don't need anything special to play the Xbox Originals, especially if they're on the Marketplace to buy. Other games not on the Marketplace might need an update. Microsoft never really delivered on what was supposed to be the backwards compatibility of almost all of the original Xbox games.