PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Beach Headset...cant hear anyone

CenturionElite
07-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Anyone have those Xbox 360 headsets? I cant hear anyone talk...even when I lower the games volume, it still comes through the headset and everyone who talks is extremely low.

I dont have a headphone jack on my tv so hopefully that helps. I might just take them back, will best buy accept them if they were opened?

Dumbdumbjr
07-12-2011, 05:22 AM
If they're the XLC's you should try and return them. I had the same problem and was told by most people I asked that they were only good if you had a mic jack in your tv. I suggest the X11. I'm pretty sure they're only $30 more and they're twice as good.

CenturionElite
07-12-2011, 05:25 AM
If they're the XLC's you should try and return them. I had the same problem and was told by most people I asked that they were only good if you had a mic jack in your tv. I suggest the X11. I'm pretty sure they're only $30 more and they're twice as good.Ok cool thanks :-)

Dumbdumbjr
07-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Anytime. If you're reallllly into quality headsets, get Astros Or Tritons. I always hear great things about them but they're about the same price, but you have to order them online.

Wildmn34
07-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Anytime. If you're reallllly into quality headsets, get Astros Or Tritons. I always hear great things about them but they're about the same price, but you have to order them online.

I hate this argument. It's like saying Chevy is better than Ford. It seems like if you like Astros you hate TB, if you like Tritons you hate Astros.

In all honesty I don't think one is better than the other. They are all good headsets depending on the model. *shrugs*

To the TC - which Turtle Beach did you get and how are you hooking them up. Is it one with an Toslink cable or a regular audio cable?

rns1016
07-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Anyone have those Xbox 360 headsets? I cant hear anyone talk...even when I lower the games volume, it still comes through the headset and everyone who talks is extremely low.

I dont have a headphone jack on my tv so hopefully that helps. I might just take them back, will best buy accept them if they were opened?

yeah bestbuy will take them back as long as it's within 30 days since you bought them.

chelseaman99
07-12-2011, 12:47 PM
If you're after a good, cheap headset then I would agree with the poster above that the Turtle Beach X11's are great.

Comfy, no audio problems at all and I've had them nearly two years now.

ConfederateSuga
07-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Just know that sacrifices must be made with the higher end models, but the sacrifice is justified with the quality and convenience of the X41s. With my current setup, I can't run my TV on 1080p with the 360, but that's a small price to pay for the convenience of being able to blast my music on my Xbox without disturbing anyone :D. Also, if you're getting them for an added advantage for games like CoD, don't skimp. The X11s are good headphones, but the clarity is 100% less than that of the X41s. And the only people that would say otherwise are the people that don't have the X41s. The price IS justified.