PDA

View Full Version : Computer doesnt recognize USB xbox memory

dementedtheclown
07-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Yeah kinda new at it but was gunna add custom themes, but my computer wont even open the flash drive. Any help?

RwHo
07-12-2011, 05:06 AM
Maybe Xbox needs a specific format and you need to convert your theme before you transfer it? I'm not really sure I dont mess with all that.

Veedrock
07-12-2011, 05:32 AM
If you mean it doesn't recognize the space you allocate/format to your Xbox, it's hidden. If you formatted the entire drive to Xbox storage, that's why it doesn't show up. Put it back in the Xbox, unformat it, and only format 1GB or so of storage. The rest of it will then be recognizable by the computer.

If you're wanting your own picture/background on the dashboard, all you have to do is add a .jpg image to the drive, go to Picture Library (on the My Xbox bar), and hit Y on the picture in question. Anything more complicated than that is beyond me, and I'm not even sure if that's allowed by the TOS/COC.

EDIT: I didn't mean to imply that adding your own dashboard background image was against the TOS/COC, but anything more complex (custom premium themes etc) very well might be.

MrPsF
07-12-2011, 01:54 PM
i manged to get 6gig of 8 from my dongle (brought from play) with the laptop still picking it up as storage, any more than that and it wouldnt pick it up. So you do have to leave a fair amount free.

gamerguy69
07-12-2011, 03:08 PM
If you mean it doesn't recognize the space you allocate/format to your Xbox, it's hidden. If you formatted the entire drive to Xbox storage, that's why it doesn't show up. Put it back in the Xbox, unformat it, and only format 1GB or so of storage. The rest of it will then be recognizable by the computer.

If you're wanting your own picture/background on the dashboard, all you have to do is add a .jpg image to the drive, go to Picture Library (on the My Xbox bar), and hit Y on the picture in question. Anything more complicated than that is beyond me, and I'm not even sure if that's allowed by the TOS/COC.

I was using a USB flash drive before the Spring '10 update although it was NOT for any Xbox specific files such as game saves, downloads or videos.

I could play music (.WMA format) and video (.WMV) that I had on my computer -- and pics in the .jpg format.

Apply as background was one of the options when viewing pics. I'm sure that doesn't go against ToS. No one else can see it besides you. There is also no way to send or message .jpgs, vids, or music.