PDA

View Full Version : Generic Play n Charge

rcrummel
07-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Hey all, sparked this morning to purchase a play n charge kit (PnCK); read that using while gaming, controller doesn't power off.

Anyway, was wondering if 1. anyone has experienced issues with non-Microsoft PnCK and 2. is it safe to assume that I can have ANY rechargeable in the controller or does it have to be the block battery?

Thoughts on the following: http://cgi.ebay.com/Play-and-Charge-Kit-Microsof-Xbox-360-Xbox360-Black-/280701666560?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item415b1f8500

(this isn't a plug; the ebay link is NOT me)

HuMuRoUs
07-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Argos in the UK, sell a 3rd party plug and play kit, get the rechargable pack and a quick charge cable, they also come in white and black. It is 3, which is pennies, although the battery holds a shit charge after 2-3 months, iv went through 4 of them in a year, sold the quick charge cables on Ebay for 2.50 each :P so iv basically spent 2 in a year, so much cheaper than batteries :P

Also, just wondering if anyone elses xbox does this. When i power off the console when i have the charge cable plugged into the controller, everything goes off but the fan starts spinning EXTREMELY fast, then after 5 minutes everything shuts off. It can fully charge my battery pack in 5 minutes and give me days and days of constant use.

Blink
07-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Well, my first play and charge kit was an official microsoft one, but the battery on that died years ago. Ever since then I've been using the official cable and buying aftermarket kits off eBay just for the battery packs.

The one I'm using at the minute has an average battery life I suppose (I think it was a tad more expensive then the one in your post), but it could be better. If its your first purchase, I recommend you buy an official one.

Also, in response to HuMoRoUs, my Xbox does the same thing when I turn it off with the controller plugged in. I've never noticed this quick charging you mentioned though.
(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=404848)

Burnout x360a
07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
We have a GAME own one that came with the 360S we have downstairs and it works ok but sometimes produces a buzz.

I personally use rechargable batteries and they are amazing.