PDA

View Full Version : All Pro vs. Madden vs. NCAA

mightydionysus
07-11-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't think there is anyway I can buy all three of these games even though each is offering a slightly different version of my favorite sport. I thought it would be nice to see what everyone was thinking. For me, the idea of building my own team on 2K8 and playing in a season seems to be the biggest draw (I still miss Fever). However, I love all the off season trading, contracts, recruiting, scouting..... I need a dynasty too.

Thoughts?

Shaaady Souljah
07-11-2007, 11:51 PM
i am probably the only one to say or think this, but i still say madden is the elite american football game. nothing else offers the same balance of graphics, gameplay and depth. madden will always be my first purchase; it has never let me down since the early 90's.

SegaSaturnSNK
07-11-2007, 11:52 PM
NCAA and Madden is basically the same shit except it's just pro football and the other is college football. If not then my fault, I never cared for EA Sports games except for the boxing. Other than that, I'll be looking forward to All Pro 2K8 knowing the gameplay always delivers. Visual Concepts seems to get everything right with their sports games (don't know about Hockey or Baseball, never cared for those). I miss 2K's football games, they were great and way better than Madden.

mightydionysus
07-12-2007, 12:02 AM
I've played Madden and NCAA ever since 2k5 and I haven't hated it but they still haven't added online seasons which I just can't understand. I am pretty excited about building a team of has-beens and playing a season with a running team, then play another season with a passing team or balanced. I will get All Pro, what would be the second and third choices for you guys? Madden or NCAA?

1) All Pro (online seasons)
2) NCAA (the Buckeyes will be better than my Browns and the recruiting should be much improved with all the options. The demo was just released and it seems to play well. At least catching all those 50 yard passes seems to fit.)
3) Madden (My Browns probably won't be the best and I didn't like the Superstar mode last year.... nothing new exciting me except the front office stuff)

infradude
07-12-2007, 12:07 AM
I am going to get Madden because thats the game that my friends and I have been playing together for a long time, not only that but the teams wont be made up *cough*2K8*cough*

ilski
07-12-2007, 12:25 AM
I am going to get Madden because thats the game that my friends and I have been playing together for a long time, not only that but the teams wont be made up *cough*2K8*cough* '

I would imagine that this will be what lots of people will like about this 2k8.

I will eventually check out all of them. Although I still haven't checked out Madden '07 so maybe not...

Jdm
07-12-2007, 01:14 AM
I'll give all 3 a try.

Madden is a sure-thing for me. I've been playing alongside the franchise ever since the Nintendo days...even though I don't like some of the functions or better yet, I wish they had put certain functions into the game.

I'll give All Pro a shot as well. I want to compare and contrast it to Madden.

NCAA...what can I say? I'm not so much a "college guy". But I will probably Gamefly it for a test drive.

My choice: Madden

BucklingLeader
07-12-2007, 01:37 AM
NCAA > All

I'll take NCAA over Madden and 2k football anyday:)

Wolf
07-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Madden all the way, if anything. The E3 demo left me skeptical, but it's still far above others. Listen, All-Pro Football is so close to completion and yet we have seen almost nothing of it. There's a reason for that. NCAA doesn't look bad, but I think it's going to have the same meh gameplay and a ramped up campy-heroic style.

shadow sniper
07-12-2007, 03:38 AM
madden is the best and allways has been......but do we still have to pay to have air in the ball as i once red?????????????

Krazie
07-12-2007, 05:23 AM
I am going with All-Pro this year. I MIGHT pick up Madden as well, we'll see as the time gets closer, might just be a rental this year if All-Pro is great online..

Comon ST
07-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Even though I feel that Madden has always been the best football franchise made on console, Im going to give All Pro Football a chance because playing as Hall a Famers is pro. Jerry Rice anyone?

And I probally will only get Madden if it has Create a Team.

zdarko43
07-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I am going to get Madden because thats the game that my friends and I have been playing together for a long time, not only that but the teams wont be made up *cough*2K8*cough*

thats both a benefit of 2k but also a fault. i mean you can't play the current team favorites, but you can pick many of the top elite past has been players.

i mean, pick or choose your poison. it'll be interesting to see how it'll draw out. but i have a feeling that madden will be the biggest, just because of the reoccuring fanbase and the possibility of being your favorite team and taking them to the superbowl.

which is also a benefit of ncaa, you're able to bring your school from a one star to a 6 star school, bring them to the top, and ncaa and madded go together by terms of exporting/importing draft classes.

so you can take your campus legend from ncaa, from your high school football all the way thru to the pro's. ifs thats not cool, i dont konw what is! ;)

zdarko43
07-12-2007, 04:31 PM
madden is the best and allways has been......but do we still have to pay to have air in the ball as i once red?????????????
lol that article you read, when they said that, it was out of sarcasm. :p

i dont remember where i read it, but they were more bashing on microsoft marketplace because how xbox users usually have to pay for certain updates that pc users will get for free, or how a couple ps3 games will include updates that you have to fork over points for on live.

just saying that they're giving us less and less of complete games, making us actually pay an extra 10 or 20$ just to get the "full experience"

i see where they're coming from, i wish more content was free on xbl, but as long as ppl will buy, they'll charge.

its just like gasoline. but thats a different topic =0)

Cyrex
07-13-2007, 01:37 AM
I am going to have to say Madden. Madden has been around for so long and All Pro is New and NCAA is only Collage Football so it is basically between All Pro Football and Madden which will turn out with Madden in Favor due too a very established fan base

KaBo0kiE
07-13-2007, 02:51 AM
You can't go wrong with Madden. It been round for ever and will continue to be around forever...

ilski
07-13-2007, 05:42 AM
...and All Pro is New...

That would be 2k Football in a new package since EA owns the rights to the NFL. Lots of people (myself included) think that 2k5 was the best football game that has yet to come out.

Rand al Thor 19
07-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Why is there not an option for Neither??? I don't buy sports games because I can't justify spending $60 for games that are really just roster updates. Nothing ever changes in these games. And Madden has been complete shit since EA bought the license.

BlaZiN cdn
07-13-2007, 10:40 PM
I think it will be Madden, because I find it's the easiest american football game to play, and because when you think of football games, you think of the madden series.

Maka
07-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Anyone who played ESPN 2K6 knows that was the best football game ever created. This is why I picked All Pro, but I dont know if it will feel the same with players from the past, and non real-time teams. My second vote goes to Madden, Becuase well its Madden.

Jdm
07-14-2007, 01:51 AM
EA needs to step it up since they have competition this year. *Sigh* I wish they would step it up every year and not just because they have competition.

Since the Polls are open:
Again, my vote goes to Madden.

Graham31004
07-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I prefer NCAA over all of them but I'm more of a College Football guy.

Tiamat66
07-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I was always a fan of Gameday. I've hated Madden ever since it got the exclusive deal with the NFL. I rented 2006 for the points, but I will never buy a Madden game. But I'm defenitly going to get APF, the game looks just as good as Madden, and is supposed to play just as well. I think it'll be some serious competition for Madden after their bullshit monopoly over the past couple of years...

SegaSaturnSNK
07-17-2007, 09:52 PM
All Pro is really good, I like it. Doesn't have great graphics but the game play is what counts. Glad the players don't have huge bodies and huge heads like Madden seems to always have. Only beef I got with it is the passing, got to hold the button to pass the ball. Don't remember the other 2K football games being like that but other than that, real good game. Football fans should def. buy this especially if you love old school players.

Bombstriker
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
I wasn't a fan of 2k Sports football games to be honest, I never liked hitting the x button for the turbo. It seemed like the players leaned from side to side and was damn near impossible to make a user catch.

Madden has always been #1 for me and it will have to take a big change for me to think otherwise....

AMontyPython
07-18-2007, 04:09 AM
Why all the hate on NCAA? I love the NFL, but rarely play Madden. I've been playing NCAA sinc eit first came out. And while last year's version wasn't great, I've had 2008 a day, and love it even more. As far All Pro, I am defiantly going to check this out. Just the fact of playing as "Sweetness" or Montana is sweet. And I certianly don't think the fact there are "fake" teams in there will turn away anyone.

Bombstriker
07-18-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't really hate on NCAA, it is just I am not into college as much. I also want to play a game where the peoples names are actually there and not some made up ones. I know that isn't NCAA's fault, they just can't do it but that is one draw back to why I don't care for it that much. The gameplay is just as good as Madden's yes, but at least I know who the ppl are on Madden :p.

mightydionysus
07-20-2007, 11:21 AM
It sure is fun to build a team on APF. Unfortunately, I joined a league with one of my early builds (a team loaded with a star filled O-line) and I now will have to find ways to win. In fact, I keep wanting to change my team after each game when I find a big hole in my defense or a weak spot on offense. The presentation and game play are great. But after the season ends, you are left with building another team and nothing else. I hope the online leagues sustain this title. Just playing against the AI won't be enough.

TrembL
07-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Well, I'm into playing football. I have never been into trading and all that other stuff they through in Madden and NCAA. It actually gets on my nerves when I have to do that stuff to get achievements.
So I personally would go with 2K8, but as I said. I'm about playing football and that's it.

veritas347
07-22-2007, 05:16 AM
i say ncaa because i just think the game is all around funner than madden...havent played all pro yet but that looks like it will be good

artvandel4y
07-22-2007, 07:54 AM
But it really depends what you're into. If you don't like online multiplayer, All-Pro is probably not the game for you. From there, you have to decide between pro and college. Since I have last year's madden, personally I'm going for NCAA, because I have all summer to play it. The other two are on my gamefly queue. Sorry All Pro, the game is not quite ready. I'll be all over it next year when the kinks are worked out. Like for NCAA.

MASTERCHEAT
08-10-2007, 02:26 AM
Madden has been out the longest and is the easy to play so thats why I pick them

DFILL450
08-10-2007, 02:56 AM
id say madden is gonna be the best out of all three football games. We'll just have to see the madden reviews when it comes out. I think its gonna do good this year since they actually had competion with all-pro.

aswipe21
08-12-2007, 03:36 AM
Madden b/c there are so many NFL fans and there are so many contests and tournaments dealing with Madden. Oh, and can you say Madden Challenge?

C Murder 810
08-12-2007, 07:31 PM
to me, madden NEVER gets boring to me. madden 07 was the only game i played for 3 straight months last year. i have higher expectations for this one because 07 for the 360 sucked compared to the xbox version. i cant wait til the 14, my friend is gettin it for ps3 so im goin over there :)

Vampire x360a
08-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Madden !! gota love it

Project KG
08-14-2007, 04:08 AM
All Pro will. I'm sick of Madden now. It just keeps getting worse each year. They messed up SS mode. All Pro does it right it has all of the legends and it makes it more enjoyable. Creating your own team is sweet too.

iskoot
08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't waste my money on Madden...it's a freakin monopoly.:mad: No one else can use today's players but Madden, doesn't sound fair to me. But anyways, I played ESPN 2K5, and I thought it was FAR superior to Madden 05...I also thought it was better then Madden 06 AND Madden 07. If Madden hadn't signed a contract to ban other companies from making football games using current players, I think you would have seen a shift in football preference. I'm just glad they found a loop hole to get around that and still produce a football game that is better then Madden except for in one way...and that's they aren't using current rosters...Imagine if they COULD!!!