PDA

View Full Version : Steam and GFWL compatibility?

Pr3vention
07-12-2011, 07:51 PM
My girlfriend and I are pretty big on the meta-game that is the Achievement Score race. There are two ways of raising your Gamerscore in Microsoft's database: Xbox360 games and PC games. According to the "Microsoft Games for PC (http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/)" site you're supposed to be able to play retail-purchased games and still have your achievements unlock through the Games for Windows service.... but there's nothing about Steam-purchased games.

Anyone happen to know if they are cross-compatible? Meaning, if I buy a game through Steam will the achievements unlock via Games for Windows if it's a Microsoft published game (Bioshock 2, Batman: AA, etc) as well as on steam?

rekikire
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Some steam games support Games for Windows Live, some don't, you really need to check each individual game. For example if you look at Batman AA you'll see "Other Requirements: Online play requires log-in to Games For Windows – Live". Sometimes only the version purchased through the Games for Windows Marketplace have the Live.