PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Games for Windows LIVE

Captainwizard
07-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I have to say that i prefer PC gaming to anything. I do also accept that it is a pain the ass to many people without computer knowledge. This is one of the reasons why consoles have become so popular and needed to become so more advanced. Now the 360 and ps3 are brderlining to the power of your adverage pc people don't wanna fuck about with installing, drivers and 'game settings'. However has microsoft finally linked compatibility with conviences on a pc. I am also a Vista user, not because it came with one of my PCs but because i chose to use it out if its own merit. The linking of LIVE is now greatly increased the PC's chances of surival as a games machine.

Does the general community feel it is a good thing to link 2 similar gaming platforms together, there are many arguments saying not. I am happy to say that it is great, but as said in the Gears PC topic, people seem to get angry if we get extra content and the 360 doesnt. We will also be able to mke our own gears maps at ease as well as having extra chapters. People also are not happy about shadowruns auto aim for control pads idea. I have no problems with it but many PC users feel that they should not have compensated for the fast and accurate movemnet of a gaming mouse.

Ok rant over.

some interesting pages are

http://www.developmag.com/news/28053/E3-2007-Unreal-Engine-3-gets-Games-for-Windows-Live-integration

i did find another page eariler today with a list of all the GfW games on it and which ones were gonna be on LIVE but i can't find it now. Oh well.

One thing i really really really wish they would do is to link already released PC games to LIVE, i have the PC versions of Quake4, oblivion, prey, RS-Vegas plus ghose recon (and GRAW 2 tomorrow) but no acheiements for them. It proberbally isn't possible but it would be SOOOOOO cool.

E3 has tought us a great deal this year, kinda like a gient yoda

kvant
07-12-2007, 04:21 AM
<snip>

Does the general community feel it is a good thing to link 2 similar gaming platforms together, there are many arguments saying not. I am happy to say that it is great, but as said in the Gears PC topic, people seem to get angry if we get extra content and the 360 doesnt. We will also be able to mke our own gears maps at ease as well as having extra chapters. People also are not happy about shadowruns auto aim for control pads idea. I have no problems with it but many PC users feel that they should not have compensated for the fast and accurate movemnet of a gaming mouse.

Ok rant over.

Atleast from my experience on shadowrun, the PC-gamers fit in just fine. (or I have been playing against very crappy players.)

As you can't really compare the pad versus mice on accuracy and speed, giving the pad little help with slight autoaim is fine.

Too wide user content in x0 is bit troublesome from a security perspective, they don't want to give people too much freedom to do things(or compromise the security and wheeeee it's xbox1 all over again.)

some interesting pages are

http://www.developmag.com/news/28053/E3-2007-Unreal-Engine-3-gets-Games-for-Windows-Live-integration

i did find another page eariler today with a list of all the GfW games on it and which ones were gonna be on LIVE but i can't find it now. Oh well.

Only thing I don't really like about the GfW, is that they are artificially made to be vista only. I think there was a article on slashdot how shadowrun and halo 2 had been made to work on XP also.

Captainwizard
07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah i understand if MS wanted to try and push vista with the game sales, but shadowrun and halo2 are oviously made for the general windows systems, if they wanted it to be vista only they should of added little coding etc that is actully vista only. I really respect the people who made the patch, good on them, some one had to do it. I don't like the way you ahve to activate a game to hardware, so when i decide to upgrade my mobo and or cpu i'm gonna have to ring up microsoft to activate it again. Bit off, but oh well i got my copies working on my laptop as well as my games pc so i can play halo on the move, which makes me happy. i downloaded the demo of the 360 shadowrun to try it out, but i didn't get on with it becaus ei havn't played a console 1st person since golden eye. I'm assuming its pretty equal though cos when i play it i do adverage, i get killed and kill alot. so im assuming the 360 is equal. i love the idea of multiplatoform gaming....hopes for the future of Unreal Tournament 3 maybe, even quake wars (maybe a bit late for them now). Im not sure about gears of war though cos the game will feel completly different on the PC. just as the ghost recon games do.