PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys like it if something like the 69 star missions made a return?

Cooljoe
07-13-2011, 02:52 AM
The missions were very fun couch coop in modern warfare 2. Would you guys be disappointed if something like it weren't to make a return? Why?

Outline
07-13-2011, 06:16 AM
I had the misfortune of wasting my time playing Spec Ops on MW2, I wouldn't make the same mistake.

Rivercurse
07-14-2011, 02:01 AM
Well, i'd imagine it's gonna be something similar..

Spec ops was alright last time around so it's ok with me.

Pixo
07-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Getting all the stars was a pain in the ass. Hope they don't have something like that again.

JASEL84
07-14-2011, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=Pixo;4357696]Getting all the stars was a pain in the ass. Hope they don't have something like that again.[/QUO

They will 100% High mile in COD 4 69 in MW2

Spanish Assault
07-14-2011, 02:42 PM
I had the misfortune of wasting my time playing Spec Ops on MW2, I wouldn't make the same mistake.
well this is unfortunate for you...I enjoyed Spec Ops way more then MP...I spent hundreds of hours playing MP...but my best times were Spec Ops with a buddy,

Rapturous Rich
07-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I hope so. It's a real challenge and something to, you know, achieve!

Plus with the little side-game away from the campaign and multiplayer it beats the ridiculous easter egg achievements Treyarch keep shoving in Zombies. It might have taken me ages to get Star 69 on MW2 but I think I'd rather do it all over again than attempt Time Travel Will Tell.

Andreas_loel
07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Wouldnt mind it, ive helped friends with quite alot of the missions.

Aslong as we dont get no fucking breach and clear cunt shit which your friend always fails on...

kohlerxxx
07-15-2011, 03:57 PM
lol breach and clear is so easy, spam all the flashes and just run to the end, on my friends console our finish time was 16 seconds

RwHo
07-15-2011, 03:59 PM
I can see something similar coming in Mw3 but I don't know what. Spec Ops took a good while, for me anyway, and I still haven't even finished them.

xXmyxxmastaXx
07-16-2011, 12:25 AM
i love the 69

Majica8
07-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah I'd like it back. Loved Spec-ops and will be very dissapointed if there aren't a decent amount of similar levels/missions in MW3.

Andreas_loel
07-18-2011, 02:13 PM
lol breach and clear is so easy, spam all the flashes and just run to the end, on my friends console our finish time was 16 seconds

Upload your clip of a 16 second veteran run of Wetworks, or read trough what people write

Dusty2010
07-18-2011, 05:14 PM
More stealth missions please!

Opiate42
07-18-2011, 05:55 PM
well this is unfortunate for you...I enjoyed Spec Ops way more then MP...I spent hundreds of hours playing MP...but my best times were Spec Ops with a buddy,

Agreed, Spec Ops was what gave the game replay value to me. The MP was.... well documented.

I never landed the full 69 stars but my little sister and I managed most of the missions on Veteran and really enjoyed them.

So far the only Spec Ops I've heard of so far (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1173996p1.html) is COD's answer to Horde/Zombie/Escalation/Firefight mode with wave after wave of enemies.... Doesn't mean this is the only Spec Ops mission, but I hope they keep the mission variety as with MW2. That's what made it interesting.

o D M C o
07-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Spec Ops better be back, I just ran through them all again with a friend and they are a lot of fun. With a few improvements and 4player they could even rival zombies. I was really disappointed when IW didnt add any spec ops dlc to mw2. Im crap at cod multiplayer and I hate being shot in the back every 30 seconds so Spec ops (or the mw3 equivalent) is the only mp I want to play on the new game.

Allrutz58
07-27-2011, 09:41 PM
I'd be okay with it. Spec ops was fun to sit with a friend and play

LizardKingv666
08-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I really enjoyed spec ops. It's good to see that one can complete a game like Cod4 and MW2 without wasting hours for some multiplayer-achievements.
I can understand that people like playing multiplayer but in my opinion a completition should be doable without playing online.

TheRealPoonJab
08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I kinda feel that the mission based spec ops has been omitted for the Zombie-but-not-Zombie Horde Mode. From the articles and vids I have seen, I've tried to pay attention to if they say anything about it....no avail. So I will officially say that IMO, they are cutting it back because they seem to think that Zombie Horde modes are the only thing people can do co-op. It's really lame to see how such a series that I really enjoyed has really gone so downhill, mainly in terms of just creating new stupid gimmicks to sell to retards, as opposed to actually trying to innovate the gameplay further.

This will possibly be the last CoD to remember....after that, lets hope some new developers don't have their heads up their asses when working with their publishers.

And if you don't believe me, watch the Spec Ops preview on XboxLive Dashboard right now....just listen to the guy in the video, and how he describes Spec Ops. They seem to think this new mode only is a good thing. :confused:

Hamburgerous
08-10-2011, 08:01 AM
I kinda feel that the mission based spec ops has been omitted for the Zombie-but-not-Zombie Horde Mode. From the articles and vids I have seen, I've tried to pay attention to if they say anything about it....no avail. So I will officially say that IMO, they are cutting it back because they seem to think that Zombie Horde modes are the only thing people can do co-op. It's really lame to see how such a series that I really enjoyed has really gone so downhill, mainly in terms of just creating new stupid gimmicks to sell to retards, as opposed to actually trying to innovate the gameplay further.

This will possibly be the last CoD to remember....after that, lets hope some new developers don't have their heads up their asses when working with their publishers.

And if you don't believe me, watch the Spec Ops preview on XboxLive Dashboard right now....just listen to the guy in the video, and how he describes Spec Ops. They seem to think this new mode only is a good thing. :confused:

They have said that there will be both traditional Spec-Ops like in MW2 and the new survival mode missions.

Coadster1
08-10-2011, 08:22 AM
It will be nice to see the return of Spec Ops. They were fun to complete, it's just a few of them were a pain the ass to complete. Also looking forward to the new Survival mode, saw the video today, looks very interesting. Can't wait!

ELPABLO2008
08-10-2011, 10:04 AM
i wouldnt mind them returning, i enjoyed them and thought they where a nice change from the story and multi-player moods

SpectreSoldier
08-11-2011, 12:39 AM
I hope so because they were really funny to do.

NattyBomb
08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Havent they confirmed Spec Ops: Survival as-well as Spec Ops: Mission? I heard that somewhere?:confused:

Hamburgerous
08-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Havent they confirmed Spec Ops: Survival as-well as Spec Ops: Mission? I heard that somewhere?:confused:

I believe that to be the case too.

boomdizzle 2
08-12-2011, 10:04 PM

I believe that to be the case too. In the interview on inside xbox, The devs even said that spec ops, you could unlock guns and stuff to customize your experience.

OT: NO!! that was the only thing keeping me from my 1k in MW2 :(

Rep
08-12-2011, 10:07 PM
I would love if they returned. I had a lot of great times playing Spec-ops with friends just trying to complete all of them.

Verdinial
08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I hope so. I had a good time playing with my buddy who I hadn't spoken to in ages, so it'll be nice going through it again with him to catch up. Wasn't that hard anyway.

FOXmasler
08-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I hope so. I really only have one friend that i play with on XBL and we had a lot of fun doing this.

The survival better not require 4 people for any achievements! The only reason I dont have black ops completed is I dont really have 4 friends to do time travel will tell and the random matchmaking rarely produces mics.

RBmaster9345
08-12-2011, 11:02 PM
I'd like to think they'd come back. Spec op is IW's zombie mode. Something unique and interesting that strays from the normal

Rep
08-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I hope so. I really only have one friend that i play with on XBL and we had a lot of fun doing this.

The survival better not require 4 people for any achievements! The only reason I dont have black ops completed is I dont really have 4 friends to do time travel will tell and the random matchmaking rarely produces mics.

You can always use the forums to find people to play with.

Nine Two Six
08-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes but I want more multiplayer achievements. Campaign is fun but they need to even the achievements out.

DEG23
08-22-2011, 03:26 AM
Yes but I want more multiplayer achievements. Campaign is fun but they need to even the achievements out.

Noooooo, multiplayer achievements bring out the worst in people, one part of COD multiplayer i enjoy is that the majority of people aren't boosting acheivements, granted some people still like to boost challenges or killstreaks but for the most part everyone is playing like everyone else.

The one part of Bad Company 2 i didn't like when it first came out is when you are trying to play as part of a team and members of that team are doing their own thing with the sole purpose of unlocking achievements, our team always seemed to lose