PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero 3

WaltXXX
07-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Which one will you buy? Vote!

/Walt :)

Shaaady Souljah
07-12-2007, 01:40 AM
i would probably buy guitar hero, because one instrument is all you need for a full experience. but i am a drummer and would love to play drums in a game... if there was a group of people looking for a game, then i would say definitely go with rock band.

Jdm
07-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I voted for both.

What can I say? I love Music and Gaming! I currently have GH 2 and it's Great! I can't wait to check out Rock Band. It should be awesome!

Bluntman428
07-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Definitely buying both. I've put so many hours into GH2, and I'm one song from beating it on Expert. :mad:

I think Rock Band will be better though. From what I've seen of GH3 I wasn't that impressed.

spikedzombies
07-12-2007, 02:06 AM
already paid for GH3, and probably will pay for Rock band only because my dad is a drummer and i think he will love it.

Wolf
07-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Seriously, E3 changed me. I thought Rock Band was going to be terrible, but my God, it looks absolutely terrific. I can't wait to drum. If this has online play, I'll buy it no matter this price. If not, then I won't be getting anything. Seriously, boss battles in Guitar Hero III? I like my game because it has no frills, thankyouverymuch.

mightydionysus
07-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Seriously, E3 changed me. I thought Rock Band was going to be terrible, but my God, it looks absolutely terrific. I can't wait to drum. If this has online play, I'll buy it no matter this price. If not, then I won't be getting anything. Seriously, boss battles in Guitar Hero III? I like my game because it has no frills, thankyouverymuch.

No frills? Number three can't just be more of the same with competition from Harmonix. GHIII has to add something new other than online. The boss battles might.... might... turn out to be interesting. Rock Band will send me into bank robbing. For me, I will take GHIII and wait until I can afford a drum set for Rock Band.

MALDUNE
07-12-2007, 12:56 PM
I Want The Drums So Bad!! Both Should Be A Good Investment!!

Thrak360
07-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Rock Band is a definite, I already have the bundle preordered. Very interested in playing thru the drum and guitar careers. I like that they have added functionality to the guitar, extra fret buttons and 5-way switch.

GH3, that is probably a disc-only purchase at some point. I don't think I'll need to have the GH3 wireless guitar, doesn't really add anything, unlike Rock Band's Fender.

I know both games will include songs I want to play, which is why I will want to drop the $$ on GH3 at some point, whenever they release a game-only version.

Zef
07-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Guitar Hero 3 all the way. Rock band is an EA game (or so I am lead to believe) so I don't want to waste my time going for the 'complete a song 10,000 times on the hardest difficulty whilst underwater (backwards)' achievement. They'll also make you buy every other EA game in history to get another achievement.

Diverting from achievements, the controllers look pretty pants and I'm not forking out for all of them when I'd only play the guitar and possibly the drums.

L3giOn
07-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Rock Band because you can't play the drums in Guitar Hero 3. I'm looking forward to both though, especially playing Even Flow in GH 3 on a wireless guitar. :woop:

bplayak
07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Rock Band is a definite, I already have the bundle preordered. Very interested in playing thru the drum and guitar careers. I like that they have added functionality to the guitar, extra fret buttons and 5-way switch.

GH3, that is probably a disc-only purchase at some point. I don't think I'll need to have the GH3 wireless guitar, doesn't really add anything, unlike Rock Band's Fender.

I know both games will include songs I want to play, which is why I will want to drop the $$ on GH3 at some point, whenever they release a game-only version.

You already have yours pre-ordered? Now that's dedication ;) I myself will also be purchasing both. GH2 is the only game the wifey will play with me so now that we have a game where we can play more then one instrument there just may be a chance I can sneak in a little more gaming at my house! HOORAY!!! :woop:

Conker Rules All
07-12-2007, 07:49 PM

after what i saw of e3 i want to buy both because before i thought rock band was going to be horrible because it's made by MTV GAMES lol

ilski
07-12-2007, 08:09 PM
...especially playing Even Flow in GH 3 on a wireless guitar. :woop:

They will have to rewrite that song to make it fun to play.

So in Rock Band, can 3 or 4 people play simultaneously on as many instruments?

|oneyedNewb|
07-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Guitar hero 3... definatly

graf1k
07-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Where's the 'neither' option?

If I was going it it'd probably be Rock Band just because the co-op with all the instruments seems pretty cool. That said, I didn't find the enjoyment I got out of Guitar Hero on par with it's price, so I'm pretty sure I'll be passing on both games.

L3giOn
07-12-2007, 09:10 PM
They will have to rewrite that song to make it fun to play.

Fuck that, Even Flow is classic, you can't rewrite that shit.

Pubert32
07-13-2007, 01:43 AM
GH3:Bounce:

KaBo0kiE
07-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Without a doubt GH3!!!!!

Th3 Apache Dog
07-13-2007, 02:55 AM
i voted both but im going for GH3. Imay end up getting them both but GH3 is a definent buy for me. Rock band is gonna have to wait.:drunk

darquesyde
07-13-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm getting both. Great songs on both, but Rock Band gets more of the family involved.

nightmare975
07-13-2007, 03:36 AM
I'm going for Rock Band, I want to play Enter Sandman so bad.

Rand al Thor 19
07-13-2007, 07:44 AM
I've never bought any of the Guitar Hero games and after seeing and hearing all the great things about Rock Band, I never will. Rock Band is 10x the game GHIII is. Rock Band FTW!!!!!!!!!

TacticalChaos15
07-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Dude, Rock band looks horrible. Not only is EA gonna have un obtainable achievements and they will completely milk you for the instruments it will be lame. The guitar is obviously not set up well, Peter Moore hit either the guide or start button like 3 times during the video ( not to mention someone on G4 did that too) and every one will be playing drums. You will try to find a band online and no one will be playing anything but the drums or maybe the guitar. They should of just made a drum hero, that is the only instrument in the game that looks fun to me. Did you see the tv display, It looks lame and unpolished and sloppy. I 'm sorry but if they don't tweak rock band A LOT i will be getting guitar hero 3. Not to mention Guitar Hero 1 and 2 were so good so 3 is bound to be awesome!

Mr Hey
07-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Rock Band definately...this is the game I am looking forwards to more than any other game I have heard of that is comming out. In GI, they said the guitar doubles as a bass and a guitar, so that will cut the price down a little bit. I do agree everyone will be playing drums, which will be annoying, but hopefully after a couple of weeks at launch, people will start playing everything. Still am going to get GHIII, but not as excited for this. Who cares if the achievements are going to be hard since EA developed it? Just make music instead of dreaming about getting 1k in GHIII!

Tussell
07-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Guitar Hero 3.
The Scorpions, Tenacious D, and the almighty Rolling Stones make way for my vote! :woop:

MangeM
07-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm in for both, but I'm not sure which SKU of either game I'll buy.

After seeing the Fender from Rock Band I just have to have it, as for the drums/mic I really don't know right now.
GH3 would probably be a game only (assuming they release one), the Xplorer from GH2 and the Fender should be more than enough for coop in all three games.

X-Breakaway
07-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Rock Band for sure. After E3 I am highly impressed with this game. While GHIII looks good as well, I don't see the point in having both.

veritas347
07-15-2007, 12:09 AM
im going to try and buy both ive been a big fan of gh since i bought the second one and then seeing that theres going to be one with different instruments too i just cant wait for either of them to come out

crusaderV1
07-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Im very intrested about Rock Band. I will probably going to have to try this game before I buy. While I have GHI and II Ive had enough of just guitar. Time to bump up the ante. I'm looking forward to the marketing fireworks that are due to go off!

Gun-Nut
07-15-2007, 01:40 AM
I will be getting both! :) I want to pre-order GHIII but no where seems to say its with the guitar, I don't want it alone >< I do have a Guitar from II but I could use another one for the co-op.

Really looking forward to Rockband :) I'm quite glad that its meant to be out after GHIII that way I get to play that before moving over to Rockband ;)

x McGrim x
07-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Depends on the price of Rock Band. I put both anyways.

C2darizzle
07-15-2007, 06:01 AM
I like em both but I am more excited about GHIII cause of the songs.

TimmayTheTurtle
07-15-2007, 06:12 AM
i'd say guitar hero 3 cuz of online battles.
but rock band is kick ass but its gonna come in a hard 200 big ones.

but i'm sorry i always get pissed talking about gh cuz of the fact that i actually play guitar and i jam w/ my friends, and i talk to ppl at school that say guitar is easy cuz they can play like the light that blinds or freebird on medium. i dunno that makjes me mad and it turns ppl into posers but like as long as no1 on here thinks that or is like that than i'm fine.

but maybe i'm wrong a lot of prolly like rock/metal and possibly play guitar bass or drums but i don't wanna seem like a complete dick saying that but its hard to say what i mean unless you do play the guitar.

sorry bout that random rant happens alot.

Tussell
07-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Online is going to be bad I assume.

TimmayTheTurtle
07-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Online is going to be bad I assume.
why do you say that?:confused:

Tussell
07-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Despite everyone saying it won't, I have a feeling it will lag.

veritas347
07-15-2007, 06:42 AM
when i saw the guy from AOTS playing it on g4 the multiplayer looked alot harder because you can shoot other things at them to make them mess up

Tussell
07-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Well, that totally fucked everything up.

TimmayTheTurtle
07-15-2007, 06:46 AM
o yeah well thats not going to be the only one from what i read there should be co op, face off, and pro face off, and the new battle mode [with the attacks], but i read that ALL of the gametypes will be online multiplayer.

so lo it will not fuck everything up, only if you paly that game type

SCHENK 911
07-15-2007, 07:42 AM
I think they both look cool. i wana try out being the lead singer in rockband

but i cant wait for gh3 either, cuz i might be only able to beat hard but i still think it one of the best games ever made.

Tussell
07-15-2007, 08:50 AM
o yeah well thats not going to be the only one from what i read there should be co op, face off, and pro face off, and the new battle mode [with the attacks], but i read that ALL of the gametypes will be online multiplayer.

so lo it will not fuck everything up, only if you paly that game type
Yeah, I just think it's a stupid idea being able to attack someone... WTF is that shit?

Cold Rival
07-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I'll just be buying GHIII. There's no way I could afford to buy the entire set for Rock Band, and by the sounds of it, you'll only get the most out of it if you do buy the whole set. Whereas I know that you can have loads of fun with GH on your own! :)

But it's more about the pricing than anything else.

Pieface
07-15-2007, 01:21 PM
I will probably buy both in the end, I really wanna play the drums though.

Gun-Nut
07-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I'll just be buying GHIII. There's no way I could afford to buy the entire set for Rock Band, and by the sounds of it, you'll only get the most out of it if you do buy the whole set. Whereas I know that you can have loads of fun with GH on your own! :)

But it's more about the pricing than anything else.

I'm assuming you will beheld to use any Guitars so you're GHII & III one would work which would be Guitar & Bass/Rythem so you would only needs the drums and mic ;)

TimmayTheTurtle
07-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I just think it's a stupid idea being able to attack someone... WTF is that shit?

lol yeah but your missing my point. its a separate game type from the other ones. so you choose to play any of the four and thats one of them, if you don't like it than just play pro or regular face off or co op which will be kick ass for online

veritas347
07-15-2007, 02:46 PM

but theres certain ways to get around it like theres one attack where you just have to whammy to get out

MASTERCHEAT
08-06-2007, 11:54 PM
I buy both because I want to play the drums on Rock Band and I want a new guitar for Guitar Hero III. The guitar from Guitar Hero II felt a little bit small and it wasn't wireless.

ElementalSoBe
08-06-2007, 11:59 PM
as a drummer im buyin rockband first , then prob guitar hero

J Lo
08-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Let's just say I can't wait to put down $260...:)

Vampire x360a
08-07-2007, 09:44 AM
i reli dont know yet, im gona have to play them both

austin rules
08-07-2007, 04:38 PM
i dont know yet

Mirksta
08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I'd have to go with GH3, stick with what I know is the shiz