PDA

View Full Version : One monthes free gold

Toaster Forster
07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi to you all,
The Mrs got me a new xbox for my birthday (mmmmmm nice piano black) and looked through eveything in the box and noticed that there wasn't the usual "free one month live gold" ticket in the box,do they not put one in with new xbox's anymore or is it just us in the UK.

Peter von Frosta
07-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I bought a new slim last week and didn't get one either. However I remeber that I got one when I bought my original Xbox which was in 2006 I think.

Toaster Forster
07-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah,this is my 3rd (others old but still work,going to sell) and i got a free month with both the others. Have never read anywhere that they've stopped it including them in the box.

Fabioo
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
You get a free month of gold on the first 3 accounts you create instead of a 1 month card.

Toaster Forster
07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
You get a free month of gold on the first 3 accounts you create instead of a 1 month card.

Why would some one want 3 accounts? i don't get it.

Veedrock
07-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Not everybody that buys an Xbox lives alone.

EDIT: It means that sometimes more than one person uses an Xbox and wants their own profile. An example would be parents buying an Xbox for their children. And each profile created gets a month trial.

They probably stopped providing codes because people would sell or trade them away, which was obviously not their intention.

Toaster Forster
07-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Not everybody that buys an Xbox lives alone.

What does this mean

Peter von Frosta
07-13-2011, 10:57 AM
What does this mean

That he has a girlfriend who also uses xbl ;)

Toaster Forster
07-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Yes but you used to get a free month in the box and a free month when you created a new account,so i take it they dont do it anymore.

chelseaman99
07-13-2011, 11:53 AM
When I bought my 360 in 2009 I didn't get a code in the box, I just got it when I signed up to Xbox Live.

Frasr
07-13-2011, 01:01 PM
I got my xbox in 2007 and I didn't get a code. you get a month of gold membership when you create a new account

crracer 912
07-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't think they've included a card for quite some time. As mentioned, you have the ability to setup three accounts, each having one month live, although the new consoles only advertise a month of live. This is for new accounts, if you already have a gold account, I don't think it stacks on top of that. The only way is to use a new account to receive your one month live.

Toaster Forster
07-13-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't think they've included a card for quite some time. As mentioned, you have the ability to setup three accounts, each having one month live, although the new consoles only advertise a month of live. This is for new accounts, if you already have a gold account, I don't think it stacks on top of that. The only way is to use a new account to receive your one month live.

Oh right,i see.
I got a console in 2009 and it had one in the box back then but it was nearly 2 years ago. I just wondered why they stopped doing it. Thanks anyways.

crracer 912
07-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I had bought my son a black elite 120GB xbox in 09 and it didn't have a card with it. I was aware of the ability to setup and receive a month free online, but everytime we tried, we failed to setup an online account on the console that would utilize the free month. Just gave up and bought a card. Bought two other xbox's since, another in 09, the FFXIII model and a slim, neither came with a card.

I think its a crock that they advertise the month live but don't provide the card for people that already have an account and can stack the time. A lot of people bought a new box to replace a dead one, you'd think including a month card would ease the burden of having to replace a defetive design. Not much, but something is better than nothing.

Toaster Forster
07-13-2011, 07:45 PM
I got an elite in 2007 and an elite in 2009 and both of them had a complimentary card with 1 monthes free xbox live gold for use with any account you wanted,then you could create another account and get another free month so really getting 2 monthes free,thats how i started my account i use now.

xxJUSTINxx
07-14-2011, 02:15 AM
You can actually get more than 3 accounts with a free 1 month if you know the trick which is rather old. I've made about 10 when I'm bored and feel like going on XBLive.

Minty
07-14-2011, 02:16 AM
I was more pissed that when I got a Kinect console, they don't include the headset anymore. Kinect sucks for party chat.