PDA

View Full Version : Avatar awards?

Star Collapse
07-13-2011, 01:07 PM
So, as the title says, are there any avatar awards?
Was hoping for a space marine helmet or a chainsword)

comfy socks
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there are no avatar awards.
personaly i was hoping for a suit of armor because that would look badass.

mercianix
07-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Shame there's no avatar gear but the game is only 800MSP and the gear would be premium, that could come with Space Marine though?

Primarch Akurei
07-13-2011, 01:44 PM
that could come with Space Marine though?

We can hope....but I'm doubtful of seeing a chainsword any time soon. MS isn't fond of putting weapons on avatars. There are of course exceptions like the myriad of lightsabers but still.

Pretty sure my avatar would never change if we got a "good" looking suit of power armor, or terminator suit. Maybe with a little dreadnaught pet that fires rockets/plasma.

DevorianDevil
07-13-2011, 02:34 PM
well, they have gone easier on the weapons, scrolling through the avatar gear last week i noticed you can even get the gears of war guns on your avatar, so if they allow that why not the rest

Twisted Dogma
07-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Nope. Odds are they're waiting until Space Marine to drop lots of Gamer Pics and Avatar items.

Good plan too because I'm going to buy all of them. I'm tired of waiting. >_>

Brother Daz
07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
We can hope....but I'm doubtful of seeing a chainsword any time soon. MS isn't fond of putting weapons on avatars. There are of course exceptions like the myriad of lightsabers but still.

Pretty sure my avatar would never change if we got a "good" looking suit of power armor, or terminator suit. Maybe with a little dreadnaught pet that fires rockets/plasma.

Guess you dont know about the new gears 3 props? (lancer & Hammerburst) I think they finally might do away with that.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/AvatarMarketplace?xr=shellnav&Game=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5308ab

Akatsuki Sw1tch
07-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Space marine avatar outfits would be great!

Hopefully IF they decide to release them they'll include multiple factions & maybe chaos too.

I personaly can't see any problems with avatars having 'fictional' weapons, It's not like their impaling other avatars with them is it, besides we've already had lancers, bowstaffs & lightsabers ect.

comfy socks
07-14-2011, 09:24 AM
It's not like their impaling other avatars with them is it, besides we've already had lancers, bowstaffs & lightsabers ect.

An impaled avatar would be a cool prop

crAsh kun
08-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Well, Major Nelson stated 2 days ago that avatar marketplace will get some Warhammer 40k : Space Marine stuff on August 16th.

We'll have to pay for it (not really an avatar award), but I guess it's better than nothing.