PDA

View Full Version : Which company has the best exclusives

hydrosugar
07-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Disclaimer: i have searched for this kind of thread, but to my surprise could not find it. also i think it does belong here. its most certainly not off topic, and i think its a little more far reaching than just 'games'. if you love kinect well then you can include that in your decision.:)

Which company has the best exclusives(mainly games, but as previously stated if you believe kinect is a unique experience you won't find elsewhere, or for whatever reason you love PlayStation move, then they too are 'exclusives' used to try and rake in more customers.)

I would go consoles(360, Wii, Ps3), but i think the DS/3ds, PSP/PSP Go and windows phone 7 should be considered. i'll start;)

My favorite in this department is definitely nintendo. Smash Bros, mario kart, mario galaxy and pokemon on the ds, just to name a few of what in my opinion are the best games ever. obviously that's just my opinion. i didn't buy the 360 for its exclusives, just to have access to the multi platform games not on wii(and a good fifa adaption). Games like tekken 6 and SCIV. To illustrate my point, i have five 360 exclusives: kameo, pgr3+4, viva pinata+forza 2(bundled). No halo or gears here. However when i had a wii most of my games were first party nintendo, because they are the best.

This is a 360 site, but i think the others will get a fair go. i've got nintendo rolling, and i know there are a few people here who accept ps3 has the best exclusives; so voice your opinion:)

also lets keep it game related, not 'i like sony headphones' or something(though i love em'):p

Blink
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
For me it's Microsoft. You can't beat Halo and Gears of War in my opinion, two of my most favourite games. On the other hand, Sony have had Metal Gear Solid for years now, but I'm sure the new one is on Xbox too?

I can't really say that I've ever been a huge fan of any Nintendo game. I'd say Goldeneye, but thats going way back.

H2O
07-13-2011, 02:31 PM
I have to say microsoft as the 360 is the only console i currently own. If i thought another machine had the best exclusive games then i'd own that one rather than the 360.

In previous generations i'd on said nintendo (NES & SNES) or sony (PS1/2) but not anymore.

Nintendo games are generally aimed at kids so i've largely outgrown them and sony don't make any games good enough to make me want to go back to their inferior controllers (i find them far less comfortable to hold).

Peter von Frosta
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
I think they pretty much balance each other out - which is why I have both consoles :p

Xbox has
-Gears of War
-Halo

PS3 has
-God of War
-Infamous

I love all of them.
I hate Killzone though.

Jakez123
07-13-2011, 02:37 PM
to me, its always going to be microsoft, i love halo to much. I always liked Nintendo so i got my xbox 360 first (for halo 3) then got a wii, lets just say my wii has like 2 inches of dust on it, the console is so boring and the games are also boring (super mario galaxy and brawl for example, i have 100%'ed them but there is no replay value for me)

PhantomNemesis
07-13-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm afraid my vote goes to Nintendo, when they're not screwing over fans during E3 their exclusives are awesome. Zelda, Mario, Metroid and a few others almost never get a bad rating out of their IP's which is a rather good feat.

Admittedly, Microsoft and Sony have the same attribute, but at the same time they're limited to about 2-3 regular exclusives (Halo, Gears, Uncharted, etc.) which makes things a little easier to work with.

In the end, I'd rather Microsoft have a few more exclusives rather than on-offs. They missed out on Mass Effect being a 360 exclusive, have ignored Perfect Dark, Alan Wake and a few others which honestly could rival some of the current exclusives if given the time and effort.

Majica8
07-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Sony BY FAR. Killzone, Uncharted, InFamous, Motorstorm, Resistance, Heavy Rain, LittleBig Planet. No contest, only thing Xbox has that comes close is Splinter Cell and while I love that game it's got nothing on the list that Sony has.

chelseaman99
07-13-2011, 03:42 PM
It was a decision between Microsoft and Sony, and Microsoft won because of Halo and Forza.

RwHo
07-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I would say Microsoft does. I dont really see anything beating Gears and Halo right now.

Fire Hawk D
07-13-2011, 04:15 PM
First, I'm only going by the two consoles I own and use: Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo's Wii.

Now, personally, I'm just not interested in Microsoft's exclusives: Fable, Gears of War, Halo, Viva Pinata, Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Alan Wake, Ninty-Nine Nights, Crackdown...not a huge list. I somewhat enjoyed Fable II, and I just can't bring myself to play Gears of War 2 and Halo: Reach, two games that have been in my collection and un-played for some time now. Viva Pinata was awesome, and spoke to my inner monster/animal-collector. I've also heard good things about Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey. Not only am I not into them, but there are very few, with Microsoft ignoring their other IPs fairly often.

On the other hand, I've never played a core Nintendo game I didn't like, and there're so many of them: Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, WarioWare, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, Brain Age, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Sin & Punishment, and the best of all, Super Smash Bros! That's not counting the one-shot games or franchises on prior consoles, like Geist, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero, Golden Sun, EarthBound/Mother, Chibi-Robo, Luigi's Mansion, and others.

In the care taken in crafting great experiences and overall experience, Nintendo will probably always have the best in first-party exclusives.

Now, though we're talking only about the "big 3" and not third-party exclusives, both consoles are still a bit lacking. Most games EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and other big names release, they go to the PS3 as well as the Xbox 360. The majority of Microsoft's exclusives nowadays seem to be on the Xbox Marketplace, where some fantastic Arcade games can be found such as ilomilo, Toy Soldiers, The Dishwasher, Lazy Raiders, and many, many more. And, on Nintendo's front, they've always lacked in that department, so not gonna bother.

So, my vote's going with Nintendo. It's not about console/brand loyalty or anything. It's just stating the facts. As for my opinion, I just enjoy Nintendo's exclusives more.

Now, if this were a "which console would you play more" post, it'd be Xbox 360 hands down, but that's another discussion altogether.

VladimirK
07-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Sony BY FAR. Killzone, Uncharted, InFamous, Motorstorm, Resistance, Heavy Rain, LittleBig Planet.

QFT.

Plus they aren't the only good exclusives, you have Yakuza and other stuff which I won't bother listing out.

Vindicator51
07-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I just voted MS for the sake of voting.

As far as exclusives go, that term can go rot in a corner. Exclusives is one of the root problems of console wars nowadays.

Jakez123
07-13-2011, 04:24 PM

As far as exclusives go, that term can go rot in a corner. Exclusives is one of the root problems of console wars nowadays.

true, me and friend always talk about this, but he seems to think that the quantity of exclusives are better than the quality

Fire Hawk D
07-13-2011, 04:24 PM

Not really. Exclusives are the WHOLE reason in their being some form of choice in the marketplace. And, if it wasn't that, it'd be controller design, online capabilities, or some other characteristic of the console that the cynical, idiot fanboys, who are the true root of the problem, would take up arms about.

Vindicator51
07-13-2011, 04:30 PM
true, me and friend always talk about this, but he seems to think that the quantity of exclusives are better than the quality

This is one thing i hate as well. The quantity doesn't mean superiority over another console. I would like to see the supposedly (much larger) Sony community support their exclusives more.

I will also bet that people would say MS when it's about online capabilities. I've read that Sony is changing their looks to be more like XBL is now, without the blinding white.

HMS Resolution
07-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Sony BY FAR. Killzone, Uncharted, InFamous, Motorstorm, Resistance, Heavy Rain, LittleBig Planet. No contest, only thing Xbox has that comes close is Splinter Cell and while I love that game it's got nothing on the list that Sony has.

Halo and Gears alone blow all of these out if the water. Oh and Forza spanks GT.

CyberPunch83
07-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Microsoft has the best exclusives. You really thought you'd get a different answer here? Halo, Gears of War, Forza Motorsport, Fable, Alan Wake, the list goes on but I won't waste my time typing them all out. You get the point. They all soundly whip their Sony and Nintendo comparable exclusives into line and show them how to do it right.

Worhammer
07-13-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm with #4. Each console has great exclusives, there are just too many to pick and say that one company wins over the others.

Metroid (except Other M, that just blew hard.), Donkey Kong, Kirby, Infamous, Killzone, Resistance (AMAZING, definitely on par with GoW storyline IMO), Uncharted, Gears, Halo, Fable...if anything, Microsoft falls behind a little (not much) on this one. They focus more on the exclusive / first to release DLCs, which honestly I don't care about but a lot of others do so I can see why they go for it.

Magikarp
07-14-2011, 12:01 AM
voting nintendo. As far as quality goes, I've had way more fun with Nintendo exclusives then I've had with M$'s. I just can't bring myself to enjoying Halo, Gears, and the like.

LawlCake1214
07-14-2011, 12:31 AM
I went for Sony, just because of Killzone 3 though. Trust me I LOVE Gears, L4D, and Halo and all that but after playing Killzone 3 online its amazing, story is kind of eh, but the cutscenes and all that in multiplayer won it for me. Also forgot about LBP, fun as hell. Doesnt get old so many levels to choose from.

Dz06lt
07-14-2011, 12:40 AM
yep really objective answers will be found here....

OceanH
07-14-2011, 12:59 AM

This is a 360 site, but i think the others will get a fair go...

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/500x_sadhomer.jpg

Juksey
07-14-2011, 01:06 AM
Everyone has a different opinion on this matter but ultimately i think everyone makes their own choices for their own reasons. So what i may like someone else may dislike however I'm not discrediting someone elses opinion just stating how and why i made my decision. I Choose microsoft because of firstly its the only one of the three consoles (out of the xbox 360, ps3 and Nintendo wii) that i own. It's not simply being loyal its that i believe that if i liked the other consoles enough then I'd buy my own console to play the games on etc but the fact is despite numerous chances and offers to buy a version of one of the other consoles i have not bought one. Yes some of the games look good and i have played Killzone 3, SOCOM 4 etc at friends house's and while i have enjoyed them I have not wanted to go buy the console or buy the console off of a friend for a really good price. As for the wii, yes theres one in my house but it's not mine and I've had about 5 goes and that was either when i was drunk playing it with friends and family or the first time i ever played the console.

As for the other exclusives such as the DS/3DS, PSP/PSP GO i have not seriously looked into buying them as it doesn't take my fancy. I do have the old gameboy's i suppose but thats it for me pokemon and the some sim/Urb'z like game keeps me happy when it comes to handheld gaming and I've got Pokemon on my iphone (jailbreaked GBA and GB emulators :)). However that being said i do like the look of the new windows phone and since I'm thinking about getting a new phone in a month or so's time It's definately my favourite up to now although i hear the iphone 5 will be out shortly so i may not get it for definate but i think its worth mentioning since i have put serious thought into buying it.

As for Kinect i couldn't care less if I'm on my xbox 360 its to play games with a pad, if i wanted out else it would be pc gaming but again i prefer a pad and a console (so much cheaper). But back to the point If i wanted to move run/jump (generally do the crap required when using that and the wii) i would go and do that not sit or stand and mimic some of the actions while my 80 year old neighbour looks through the livingroom window thinking she's losing her mind seeing things or I'm losing my mind jumping about like an idiot watching a screen. But yes just like the wii the kinect doesn't excite me enough to buy it, only time i'd use it would be either for an achievement i can't get anyway else/keep my little cousins entertained instead of running around being a pain/something to do while pre-drinking which still wouldn't be used much as the other two reasons one i don't really have to look after my little cousins that much and secondly theres a lot better things to do when pre-drinking before going to a pub/club/event/gig etc. So yeah My point is its great for people that don't really want to do stuff like boxing or bowling for real but me If i want to go boxing or bowling then I'd rather go sparring with a friend or go bowling with some friends. Hence why i won't buy either the Wii or Kinect.

So yeah I voted for Microsoft whether you agree with me or not is your choice and i respect it everyone has their own personal taste in things.

Dexter010
07-14-2011, 01:30 AM
IMO it's still Sony.
Microsoft only has Forza, Gears and HALO (which I didn't like from part 3) who are pretty good.

Sony has: Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, ModNation Racers, God of War.

13ip0lar
07-14-2011, 01:54 AM
This could get drawn out into a huge argument, and I'll just say this: each company has their respective strong suits, and games that are unique to each specific console, and just as good as any other game. While I don't agree with this game, but I'm sure it would be a prime example in an argument like is Halo. Then just off the top of my head, Wii, or rather Nintendo has Zelda, Mario, and let's not forget Super Smash Bros. which now has a cult following. Hell, I haven't played it since the original, but really want to, but don't want a console I despise. Last Zelda game I played was Wind walker? I liked it, despite people saying it was shit. As far as PS3, I think their exclusives are just as good and obvious, names that come to mind are Uncharted, Twisted Metal, and a slew of RPGS. Point is no one is the best, I enjoy my Xbox, but if I had the money I would say bugger it all and get a brand new PC.

hydrosugar
07-14-2011, 01:59 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/500x_sadhomer.jpg

now now don't be a smartass:p

microsoft doesn't even account for 50% of the votes at this point. i would think that's more than a fair go for the others on a 360 site. and even if people vote microsoft without thinking, i doubt it will get to the point where it will dominate 95% of the votes(an appropriate point in time for your comment).

also someone seems to hate this thread. could be for a number of reasons really. i did publicly say i like nintendo exclusives better and i have a 360 but not halo/gears. meh, whatchya gonna do.:rolleyes:

Benj192
07-14-2011, 02:00 AM
I'd have to say Sony because of games like InFamous, Heavy Rain, LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid.

Out of the Microsoft exclusives I've played I can only think of the Fable series that I really enjoyed playing. I just can't get into Halo, Gears of War or Alan Wake and I lost interest in Forza fairly quickly.

TAI JASON
07-14-2011, 06:01 AM
The Dreamcast has the best exclusives xD

Death Metal Jim
07-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Nintendo, and it's not even close. Long after the FPS craze is over (and it will happen sooner or later) Mario, Link, and Samus will still be standing tall.

Fire Hawk D
07-14-2011, 06:48 AM
yep really objective answers will be found here....

Yeah. Beyond a couple well-thoughtout answers, this is mostly fanboy bait.

FRANKSEY
07-14-2011, 07:44 AM
PS3.

SOCOM (Favourite game series ever.)
Killzone
Uncharted

If only the ps3 system and network were anywhere near as good as the 360's.

Opiate42
07-14-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm with #4. Each console has great exclusives, there are just too many to pick and say that one company wins over the others.

Ditto. Ultimately it's not exclusives that do it for me. Each has some awesomeness going on.

Historically I have to go with Nintendo because I've been playing Zelda and Metroid for over 20 years. Currently though Microsoft/Xbox, because I own the damn thing, love it and it took Halo CE on a 12 foot screen and a concrete shaking surround sound that robbed Nintendo of my future gaming budget.

Sony has some incredible games, many many incredible games. The back catalog for the PS2 alone is just mind-boggling.

If by some amazing stretch of the fabric of space time and in another universe they ever allow Shadow of the Colossus to be released on the xbox I'd be all over that. I almost bought an old PS2 and risked their terrible controllers just for that game alone.

FlamesOfGrey
07-14-2011, 03:25 PM
For exclusives the PS3 just has much more variety then the 360 in high quality exclusives. The 360 had the best exclusives early on but Sony having more 1st and 2nd party studios really showed their value this generation. Nintendo with the Wii had great 1st party exclusives but overall the 3rd party exclusive support was good to meh. PS3 wins overall for me.

Storm Cobra
07-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Microsoft, no doubt.

Yeah, Sony got nice one's like Metal Gear Solid (still exclusive?),Killzone, inFamous, Heavy Rain etc. but no competition for Games like Gears of War 3, Halo, Alan Wake, Fable and the list goes on.

Nintendo doesn't stand a chance by me, the most of the exclusives are just too childish and targets a very young group of players.

institutions
07-14-2011, 04:13 PM
This could get drawn out into a huge argument, and I'll just say this: each company has their respective strong suits, and games that are unique to each specific console, and just as good as any other game. While I don't agree with this game, but I'm sure it would be a prime example in an argument like is Halo. Then just off the top of my head, Wii, or rather Nintendo has Zelda, Mario, and let's not forget Super Smash Bros. which now has a cult following. Hell, I haven't played it since the original, but really want to, but don't want a console I despise. Last Zelda game I played was Wind walker? I liked it, despite people saying it was shit. As far as PS3, I think their exclusives are just as good and obvious, names that come to mind are Uncharted, Twisted Metal, and a slew of RPGS. Point is no one is the best, I enjoy my Xbox, but if I had the money I would say bugger it all and get a brand new PC.

I agree with this post.
All three have a few good exclusives.

My personal pick would have to be Nintendo though, but only if PC isn't being considered. Everyone knows PC has the best exclusives of all.

mcfc360
07-14-2011, 04:33 PM
I would say sony due to fact Im not a fan of halo and although I really enjoy the gear of war series I would prefer killzone and resistance. Then you have heavy rain, infamous, metal gear solid, Yakuza and god of war.

The microsoft exclusives like Alan Wake, crackdown and forza dont interest me while fable 2 and left 4 dead which I both enjoyed I would still prefer the sony exclusives.

Actually after writing this I really want a ps3 lol but im not going to pay £300 for a few exclusives.

FlamesOfGrey
07-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Microsoft, no doubt.

Yeah, Sony got nice one's like Metal Gear Solid (still exclusive?),Killzone, inFamous, Heavy Rain etc. but no competition for Games like Gears of War 3, Halo, Alan Wake, Fable and the list goes on.

Nintendo doesn't stand a chance by me, the most of the exclusives are just too childish and targets a very young group of players.

I hope you're joking. Nintendo has some of the best if not the best quality 1st party exclusives period. Are you a new generation gamer(Serious question)?

StillTIPPIN187
07-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Very Easy.

Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Uncharted
Killzone
Resistance
InFamous
Heavy Rain
Twisted Metal
MGS4
Rockstars PS3 Exclusive Agent

I didn't even mention the exclusive titles from SCEA that i dont even like lol.

Compared to MS
Halo
Gears
Forza
Alan Wake
Fable

And what else does MS have? lol.

I love my xbox so much more than my ps3.. but MS doesn't care about making new and great IPs.. they just want to rehash the same ones over and over and over.

I use my ps3 for SCEA exclusives only and my xbox for everything else.. i get the best of both worlds this way.

Forza does blow GT outta the water though. Js xD

Wow, i think i accidentally voted for MS.. Thats terrible! =/ =/

Dz06lt
07-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Very Easy.

Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Uncharted
Killzone
Resistance
InFamous
Heavy Rain
Twisted Metal
MGS4
Rockstars PS3 Exclusive Agent

I didn't even mention the exclusive titles from SCEA that i dont even like lol.

Compared to MS
Halo
Gears
Forza
Alan Wake
Fable

Here are some top PS3 games you missed
PS3
Gran Turismo
God of War
Little Big Planet
Socom

TAI JASON
07-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Here are some top PS3 games you missed
PS3
Gran Turismo
God of War
Little Big Planet
Socom

PS 3
Ratchet and Clank
Motor Storm
Resistence
Yakuza

Xbox 360
Splinter Cell
Next Ghost Recon
Crackdown
PGR

just a few more importent games...

BluWolve
07-15-2011, 08:47 AM
They all have great exclusives, one does not stand out for me in exclusives alone.

Veedrock
07-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Xbox 360
Splinter Cell
Next Ghost Recon
Crackdown
PGR

Ghost Recon Future Soldier is not exclusive, never was.

It also really bothers me that people bring up MGS4 in a list of exclusive franchises. It's one title in a non-exclusive franchise; if you want to artificially beef up an exclusives list with singular titles we can add Mass Effect, Metro 2033, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Saints Row, and Splinter Cell Conviction to the Xbox list.

And it never fails, when somebody wants to list Xbox exclusives, the list only consists of "ultra-core" Halo/Gears/Fable or gtfo. Always. God forbid an Xbox exclusive list bring up Dance Central, Banjo-Kazooie, Too Human, Ninety-Nine Nights, or Viva Piñata.

And now that I'm done bitching about bias against the Xbox, Nintendo got my vote. They really do have unbeatable franchises, and you know they're quality when there's enough to make a hugely successful crossover fighting game with said exclusive franchises.

FlamesOfGrey
07-15-2011, 12:52 PM
PS 3
Ratchet and Clank
Motor Storm
Resistence
Yakuza

Xbox 360
Splinter Cell
Next Ghost Recon
Crackdown
PGR

Ghost Recon Future Soldier is not exclusive and the only Splinter Cell that is currently exclusive to the 360 is the unreleased Splinter Cell 6. Every other Splinter Cell is multiplatform including Conviction which is shared with the PC.

hydrosugar
07-15-2011, 02:05 PM
And it never fails, when somebody wants to list Xbox exclusives, the list only consists of "ultra-core" Halo/Gears/Fable or gtfo. Always. God forbid an Xbox exclusive list bring up Dance Central, Banjo-Kazooie, Too Human, Ninety-Nine Nights, or Viva Piñata.

Well ok, but i think any exclusion of too human from a list would be by design, as it can't really be seen as an asset to buy the 360 over its competitors.

Oh, and you know...keep voting/posting everybody:)

Worhammer
07-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Ghost Recon Future Soldier is not exclusive, never was.

It also really bothers me that people bring up MGS4 in a list of exclusive franchises. It's one title in a non-exclusive franchise; if you want to artificially beef up an exclusives list with singular titles we can add Mass Effect, Metro 2033, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Saints Row, and Splinter Cell Conviction to the Xbox list.

And now that I'm done bitching about bias against the Xbox, Nintendo got my vote. They really do have unbeatable franchises, and you know they're quality when there's enough to make a hugely successful crossover fighting game with said exclusive franchises.
N3 & N32 suck though, why would you even list those :P

I mean, if we wanted to play a game like that just go get Dynasty Warriors. Better gameplay, same concept.

Pyrochaos
07-15-2011, 05:06 PM

Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown (1st one), Viva Pinata, Fable, Forza, Gears, Halo, Left 4 Dead, ect.

The Witcher 2 is coming out for 360 this year, and no announcement for a PS3 version.

StillTIPPIN187
07-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Sony is doing very well for an xbox orientated forum.. Thats whats up. Some ppl here DO have exquisite taste =]

OptimusPrime76
07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Lol at this cleverly disguised xbox vs ps3 vs Wii thread.

For my money the 360 wins hands down this gen as I'm a big fan of halo, gears and L4D plus I really enjoyed Alan wake, splinter cell and fable.

As a gamer who has been around since the begining I have to say I have never understood all the nintendo love. Back in my youth I was always a Sega man from master system, through to megadrive and then dreamcast. I always liked Sega games better. I own an n64 which did have some classy games and yes back when mario, zelda and meteoroid were original they were great but come on, all nintendo have done over the last 2 decades is wheel out the same games over and over again.

With every nintendo console release you will always get another mario kart YAWN ZZZZzzz and another zelda and another meteoroid game plus a 50 mire other rubbish mario games (mario at the Olympics).

They've been worse lately as they don't even try and dress up their stagnant franchises in new clothes anymore. They re released the exact same old zelda game for the Wii and the 3ds recently.

Nintendo = boring

Tatanko
07-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Microsoft, but not by a huge margin. Sony and Nintendo have some great exclusives, they just have less of them.

FlamesOfGrey
07-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown (1st one), Viva Pinata, Fable, Forza, Gears, Halo, Left 4 Dead, ect.

The Witcher 2 is coming out for 360 this year, and no announcement for a PS3 version.

Left 4 Dead I & II aren't exclusive and neither will be The Witcher 2 when it's released for the 360. Using those games in a debate about exclusive libraries isn't correct since games shared with 2 or more systems (In that case PC) are multiplatform.

Fire Hawk D
07-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Left 4 Dead I & II aren't exclusive and neither will be The Witcher 2 when it's released for the 360. Using those games in a debate about exclusive libraries isn't correct since games shared with 2 or more systems (In that case PC) are multiplatform.

BUT, you're not looking at what he's asking. The thread is asking what company, not console. Since most PC games require Microsoft Windows to run properly, one could technically include that under their umbrella.

And, thank you, Veedrock. I'm sick of that too. Gears of War and Halo are NOT the only games on the Xbox. Viva Pinata and Dance Central are AMAZING. Too Human was a pretty fun game as well.

Gotta embrace all games, folks. Just because Mario rides a silly looking green dinosaur doesn't mean your 5-year-old brother is the only one who's gonna enjoy Super Mario Galaxy.

StillTIPPIN187
07-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Why do ppl say splinter cell is exclusive to xbox? lmao

Outta of ALL the splinter cell games the only one not on a Sony console is Conviction BUT, that is still on PC as well! Even Mac i think.. So that is not an exclusive franchise.

Not to mention, PS3 is getting the HD remakes. Not Xbox. and the Next Splinter cell is gonna be on both consoles.

kingfu
07-15-2011, 07:23 PM
They still have the best exclusives, but these days, PlayStation is getting them just a bit later. Microsoft should watch their back.

FlamesOfGrey
07-15-2011, 07:30 PM
BUT, you're not looking at what he's asking. The thread is asking what company, not console. Since most PC games require Microsoft Windows to run properly, one could technically include that under their umbrella.

And, thank you, Veedrock. I'm sick of that too. Gears of War and Halo are NOT the only games on the Xbox. Viva Pinata and Dance Central are AMAZING. Too Human was a pretty fun game as well.

Gotta embrace all games, folks. Just because Mario rides a silly looking green dinosaur doesn't mean your 5-year-old brother is the only one who's gonna enjoy Super Mario Galaxy.

If they're grasping for straws sure they could use the argument. Fact is those games are not Microsoft exclusive franchises or games.

Fire Hawk D
07-15-2011, 08:15 PM
If they're grasping for straws sure they could use the argument. Fact is those games are not Microsoft exclusive franchises or games.

I suppose. Either way, I'd figure we'd just leave the PC/Mac out of the argument altogether. I mean, even Pokemon is coming to the iPhone.

FlamesOfGrey
07-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I suppose. Either way, I'd figure we'd just leave the PC/Mac out of the argument altogether. I mean, even Pokemon is coming to the iPhone.

I don't considering I game heavily on PC as much as I do other systems. People (Not specifically talking about you) only want to exclude or dismiss something when it doesn't support their opinion / argument the majority of the time.

TacticalTodger
07-16-2011, 02:08 AM
Microsoft or Nintendo. Fun gaming = gotta be nintendo more serious gaming = MS

hydrosugar
07-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Lol at this cleverly disguised xbox vs ps3 vs Wii thread.

Haha if it wasn't for pokemon on the ds being such a big(and super awesome) franchise, i probably would've just gone straight next gen consoles.;)

Echilion
07-16-2011, 06:44 AM
I love my xbox so much more than my ps3.. but MS doesn't care about making new and great IPs.. they just want to rehash the same ones over and over and over.

I use my ps3 for SCEA exclusives only and my xbox for everything else.. i get the best of both worlds this way.

This, so much.

I love my xbox but I wish microsoft would take some chances with original IPs.

FRANKSEY
07-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Sony is doing very well for an xbox orientated forum.. Thats whats up. Some ppl here DO have exquisite taste =]
indeed, the only xbox exclusive i like is Fable II, where as ps3 has SOCOM,KZ,UC,Sly,LBP and so on. all this talk of ps3 exclusives makes me want to re buy a ps3, which i actually might towards the end of the year.

TVthePunisher
07-16-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm having to reach back in the ages here for this one...

This Generation
Xbox 360: Halo series, Gears of War1, Fable II and III (though I didn't play much since I rented it and I let my wife play more), Dead Rising 1, Arcade titles such as Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie, Sonic 1-3&Knuckles, Plants vs. Zombies, DOOM I & II, Dorito's Crash Course and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, and Left 4 Dead (of the games I've played).

PS3: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Infamous (of the games I've played).

Nintendo Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edtion, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, (of the games I've played)

Last Generation
Xbox: Halo: Combat Evolved and Fable: The Lost chapters (to my knowledge, these are the only exclusives I played on the console...I really only bought it late and used it to hold all my music =D I played quite a few ports though on it, like Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams and The Suffering)

PS2: Shadow of the Collosus, Final Fantasy X & XII, Sly Cooper series, Ratchet and Clank series, Jak and Daxter series, Okami, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Dead Aim, Outbreak File 1 & 2, Devil May Cry 1 and 3, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Silent Hill 3... a lot of other titles...I mean a lot of other titles...WAYY TOO MANY TO LIST!!!

Gamecube: Luigi's Mansion (<3), Super Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil (REmake), Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 4 (for a time, before Capcom got Greedy and ported it against Mikami's wishes to the PS2 and PC), Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda: wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc, The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time and MAJORA'S FRIGGIN MASK <3<3<3<3dhfklajsdf favorite game of all time damn the slight buzzing error in transition =/ ), Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle...that's all I can think of atm x.x

Generation Before Last

Box: - Didn't exist this generation =O no X, no Box...NO NOTHIN...okay there's the PC but...I'm not counting that, since it's not part of the home console lineup yet.

PSone: Spyro the Dragon series, Syphon Filter series, Final Fantasy series, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 3 (at the time til it ported to Gamecube) and various others.

Nintendo 64: Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-tooie (at the time, Resident Evil 2 (superior to the PSone version), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (at the time til ported to gamecube and Wii marketplace), SPACE STATION SILICON VALLEY, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Party 1 2 and 3, Mario Kart 64, Kirby 64, Paper Mario 64, and a buttload of other titles.

Generation before That Generation

Sega and Nintendo Rivalry...great games on both sides =) pretty even for me trailing back as far as the eye can see.

I voted Nintendo because of my loyalty to Zelda...;>_>

StillTIPPIN187
07-16-2011, 03:40 PM
why are ppl including PC games and games made outside of MSGS? Should be first party exclusives and not just exclusives.

OptimusPrime76
07-16-2011, 08:04 PM
What is it with people banging on about the Pc??

Look, if it's not on the ps3 then it's part of the xbox exclusive range as far as I'm concerned. Yes technically it's not exclusive if a game is made for more than one platform but pc game and hardware sales do not matter one jot in the 360 vs ps3 wars. Microsoft don't care if a game is released on pc as they will likely get a slice of the profit still.

FlamesOfGrey
07-16-2011, 08:37 PM

Look, if it's not on the ps3 then it's part of the xbox exclusive range as far as I'm concerned. Yes technically it's not exclusive if a game is made for more than one platform but pc game and hardware sales do not matter one jot in the 360 vs ps3 wars. Microsoft don't care if a game is released on pc as they will likely get a slice of the profit still.

It does matter if you're talking about Exclusives. If you're talking about overall libraries then certainly games like Left 4 Dead hold weight but exclusives no they don't because they aren't.

bigbear2face
07-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Nintendo, and it's not even close. Long after the FPS craze is over (and it will happen sooner or later) Mario, Link, and Samus will still be standing tall.

True that. Don't forget DK though.

Pretty much all of the 360s and ps3's exclusives are relatively new franchises that haven't proven it over the long haul.

There are reasons why Nintendo is still around and everyone else from the 20th century (other then Sony) is out of the console making business. Those reasons are Mario/Luigi/Yoshi/Bowser/Peach, Link/Zelda, Donkey Kong, Samus Aran etc...

Those characters have put several companies either out of business or relegated them to third tier developers (see Sega).

Once some of these other franchises have been around long enough to do that come talk to me. Halo is getting close to the kind of level that the Nintendo IPs are on but it still isn't there. Until then this is a no contest. Its like Tyson vs. Marvis Frazier with Nintendo being Tyson and everyone else being Frazier:

&#x202a;Mike Tyson Vs. Frazier&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

EDIT: For those that are going to complain with a "what have they done for me lately" comment against Nintendo's exlusives let me drop some sales figures knowledge on you:

Top Selling 360 "exclusives" (all figures in millions of units sold):
Halo 3: 8.1
Gears of War: 5
Gears of War 2: 5
Fable II: 3.5
Reach: 3.3
ODST: 3

Top Selling ps3 "exclusives" (all figures in millions of units sold):
Gran Turismo 5: 6.37
GT 5 Prologue: 5.2
Uncharted 2: 3.8
Uncharted: 2.6
Resistance: 2.5
Killzone 2: 2
inFamous: 2
Heavy Rain: 1.7
God of War III: 1.46

Top Selling Nintendo "exclusives" (all figures in millions of units sold):
Wii Sports: 76.76 (NO THATS NOT A TYPO, includes units bundled with Wii system)
Wii Sports Resort: 27.68
Wii Play: 27.38
Wii Mario Kart: 27
Wii Fit: 22.61
New Mario Bros: 21.94
Wii Fit Plus: 18.49
Smash Bros Brawl: 9.4
Mario Galaxy: 8.84
Mario Party 8: 7.6
Mario Galaxy 2: 6.36

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Those are pretty telling sales figures. Granted, I admit that sales and quality do not always correlate but these figures are hard to deny.

OptimusPrime76
07-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Well I always have and always will refer to left for dead as an xbox exclusive because it is a CONSOLE exclusive.

FlamesOfGrey
07-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Well I always have and always will refer to left for dead as an xbox exclusive because it is a CONSOLE exclusive.

Except you're using the definition of a "Console Exclusive" wrong. A console exclusive would be just that a game that is exclusive to consoles and not on PC or handheld systems. You're entitled to your own opinion of course however, those arguments aren't very solid.

People who like to exclude PC are usually gamers who don't game on it and so, it's easy to dismiss it to back up their own argument.

Dz06lt
07-17-2011, 12:35 AM
It is funny how many fanboys try to count 360 games that are also on PC as exclusive titles. Perhaps they should look up the word exclusive in the dictionary

Worhammer
07-17-2011, 02:08 AM
It does matter if you're talking about Exclusives. If you're talking about overall libraries then certainly games like Left 4 Dead hold weight but exclusives no they don't because they aren't.
This is a stupid argument to make.

Why? Because the Microsoft XNA platform is designed SPECIFICALLY so that games can be developed for the PC and 360 at the same time, without making any large code alterations at all.

It'd be like saying that FF7 isn't a Sony exclusive cause they made a port for the PC.

As far as I'm concerned, if I want to play FF7 I've gotta bust out my Playstation and stick the disc in there. It's no less exclusive to the Playstation than Mass Effect or Halo are an xbox exclusive.

Also, since we're talking about COMPANIES and not CONSOLES, then your argument means crap. If it were a PS vs. 360 debate, it would carry a little more water, but not very much. Do you run Linux on your PC? No? Oh you do? Well does your WINE play games well? I know mine doesn't. Who makes Windows? Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot. Sorry.

As for me being a fanboy, I already said there is no winner in this contest and that if anything, Sony does have the edge, but Microsoft gives it to them on purpose at least in this department and instead takes the edge for exclusive or first to release DLC. I'm no fanboy, I own all 3 consoles. I buy all the exclusives that interest me no matter what console they're on. ModNation Racers is an awesome game, I don't know how I forgot that on my earlier list.

So shut it.

Edit-
OP should fix the poll to give me an option to say "There is no winner" because I think I am in the same boat as many others in feeling this way.

FlamesOfGrey
07-17-2011, 08:47 AM
This is a stupid argument to make.

Why? Because the Microsoft XNA platform is designed SPECIFICALLY so that games can be developed for the PC and 360 at the same time, without making any large code alterations at all.

It'd be like saying that FF7 isn't a Sony exclusive cause they made a port for the PC.

As far as I'm concerned, if I want to play FF7 I've gotta bust out my Playstation and stick the disc in there. It's no less exclusive to the Playstation than Mass Effect or Halo are an xbox exclusive.

Also, since we're talking about COMPANIES and not CONSOLES, then your argument means crap. If it were a PS vs. 360 debate, it would carry a little more water, but not very much. Do you run Linux on your PC? No? Oh you do? Well does your WINE play games well? I know mine doesn't. Who makes Windows? Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot. Sorry.

As for me being a fanboy, I already said there is no winner in this contest and that if anything, Sony does have the edge, but Microsoft gives it to them on purpose at least in this department and instead takes the edge for exclusive or first to release DLC. I'm no fanboy, I own all 3 consoles. I buy all the exclusives that interest me no matter what console they're on. ModNation Racers is an awesome game, I don't know how I forgot that on my earlier list.

So shut it.

Edit-
OP should fix the poll to give me an option to say "There is no winner" because I think I am in the same boat as many others in feeling this way.

Shut it? Are your feelings hurt. Don't get ignorant with me. It just shows you can't handle someone elses opinion. I never called you a fanboy specifically so the fact that you would bring it up says something.

Games on multiple platforms aren't exclusive period there is no debate about it unless it's like GRAW which is a different game on 360 then say PC even though they share the same name. FF7 is multiplatform and so is Left 4 Dead / Gears Of War 1 / DC Universe etc... and so forth.

I own every console every generation also and just for the record, owning all consoles doesn't automatically make someone not a "fanboy".

Edit:

Some of you need to stop talking like Microsoft owns PC Gaming because they don't. Regardless of whether or not a game is running on Windows, Microsoft does not directly see profit unless the game is on Games For Windows Live, the game is on PC / 360 in which they will see revenue from the 360 sales or they have published, funded or otherwise contributed to said PC game.

Fire Hawk D
07-18-2011, 05:44 AM
I don't considering I game heavily on PC as much as I do other systems. People (Not specifically talking about you) only want to exclude or dismiss something when it doesn't support their opinion / argument the majority of the time.

True. But, in the end, we're talking "company" exclusives. So, though Halo 2 may be on the Xbox and PC, it's still Microsoft's game and their "exclusive", regardless of the format, and would never appear on a platform that Microsoft themselves didn't support. Everyone who's trying to bring up third-party console exclusives seems to be missing the point of the topic.

There's a "360 vs PS3" war? Or for that matter multiple ones?

And, OF COURSE Microsoft doesn't care if a game is released on the PC...unless it's one of their first-party titles. Durp. That's like saying Nintendo throws a hissy fit when Sony releases a game on the PSP. Somehow, beyond someone somewhere taking note, I doubt anyone gives a dang outside of major releases.

Majica8
07-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Halo and Gears alone blow all of these out if the water. Oh and Forza spanks GT.
haha sure, that'd be Halo that I fall asleep playing because it's sot boring, and Gears that I played through once and have never gone back to?

GT5 outsold Forza 3, by a lot, must be a reason for that. Even GT5 Prologue almost outsold Forza 3.

Apart from Alan Wake I'm not interested in any of those.

There is no right or wrong answer, it's all opinion and personal preference.

kaseywc98
07-23-2011, 04:25 AM
Microsoft. Isn't that why we joined this website?

Assassinator010
07-23-2011, 04:42 AM
I would have to go with Sony. Alot of diversity in genres instead of the same old 3 we've been getting for years on the 360.

MAXout
07-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Hmm, this is a difficult one...

For Xbox360 I love Alan Wake, but I also love the Uncharted series on PS3.

Mercury
07-25-2011, 04:54 AM
I voted for Microsoft because of Gears and Halo (two series I have probably played more than anything), but it was a tough call. Nintendo with Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Super Smash is pretty much on par in my book, but I like to stick with the times, and for some reason the Wii's lack of awesome graphics has been a little bit of a turnoff. I own a Wii, but pretty much only so I can play Twilight Princess, SSB: Brawl, or old Gamecube games. I really don't feel like Sony has anything to offer anymore, with Metal Gear Solid: Rising coming to the 360, as well as Final Fantasy on both platforms.

Edit: I didn't mean Sony doesn't have a lot of exclusives, its just the only reason I played Playstation back in the day was primarily for the Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy series lol.

Grantly88
07-25-2011, 12:42 PM
i do wish Heavy Rain would feature on the 360

Lemonlimes249
07-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Definitely Microsoft. Halo is the best series I have EVER played, which can't be beaten.

Stewart
08-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I'd say Microsoft, purely for games such as Gears of War and CoD

But then again, Sony do have quite a few good ones too...

Coorhagon
08-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Nintendo

I go with Nintendo for exclusives. Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros., Kirby and others. The problem with Nintendo is first party exclusives is pretty much all they have. Even though I chose Nintendo for this particular question I still think Xbox is the best overall system. Xbox has the largest number of quality games (even though many are shared with ps3), plus they have the best online.

MakoBallistic
08-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Sony, because of Uncharted and Motorstorm. Halo has had so many iterations it no longer feels very exclusive even thought it is, and Gears is good, but nothing compares to Motorstorm: Apocalypse for sheer awesome insanity. I dont even consider Nintendo to be a competitor in this, they lost my interest after the GameCube.

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
08-05-2011, 08:25 PM
i love all of them, but if i had to choose just one it would be microsoft

Game 2 Gamer
08-06-2011, 06:51 AM
love gamestops exclusives...

dakisbac
08-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Whenever we see a "which games do you wish was on the 360" thread almost all the answers are Nintendo exclusives, so I'm really really surprised to see Nintendo losing this poll.

Mister Spraggsy
08-06-2011, 10:45 AM
For me I would have to say Microsoft simply because of Gears of War and Halo.

Ace_Royalty
08-07-2011, 01:51 PM
One of the best games Microsoft had was Mass Effect but now Sony has it aswell.

Jellybean468
08-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Alan Wake, Dead Rising, Fable 2, Fable 3, Lost Odyssey and Forza Motorsport 3 make my decision easy.

The only real exclusives from the others I want to play are Heavy Rain (PS3) and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (Wii). Played the first Super Mario Galaxy and loved it, but I'm more of a strictly xbox based gamer now.

Jaska95
08-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Games i want to play/i have played

Xbox360: Alan Wake, Gears of War 1-3, Mass Effect 1, Left4Dead 1-2

Ps3: Killzone2-3, ratchet and clank games, Infamous 1-2, Heavy Rain, Little Big planet 1-2 and MAG

My brothers has Ps3 so exclusives aren't big deal to me.

Dz06lt
08-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Whenever we see a "which games do you wish was on the 360" thread almost all the answers are Nintendo exclusives, so I'm really really surprised to see Nintendo losing this poll.

You cant "really" be suprised by the outcome of the poll. As with any forum "specific" forum this one too is full of fanboys who cant be optimisic about anything except what they know and love

njdevils17
08-08-2011, 02:22 AM
I went with Nintendo (I don't even own a Wii). I think it's mostly because I grew up with Nintendo and playing some of their games last semester and my friend's Wii really got me back into it.

Super Smash Bros Brawl, both Mario Galaxies, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong Country, etc. are just really great titles and you can't really find a good substitute anywhere else for any other console.

Mercury
08-08-2011, 02:37 AM
You cant "really" be suprised by the outcome of the poll. As with any forum "specific" forum this one too is full of fanboys who cant be optimisic about anything except what they know and love

Dude. He's saying he's surprised by the fact that Nintendo is dead last. Any other thread with topics like "which game do you wish was on the 360" is pretty much dominated by those Nintendo exclusives. Lots of Zelda, Mario, and Super Smash responses. Two of the best Playstation exclusives, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, have already come over to the Xbox.

But I do moderately agree with you; any time you ask a question like "which is the best console" or "which company is the best" or "which console has the best games," Xbox is obviously going to win (I even voted for Microsoft, but it was a tough call between it and Nintendo). I mean, we're on a fucking Xbox website. Do you expect this trend to be any different on a PS3 or Wii website?

Coadster1
08-08-2011, 03:21 AM
Gotta stay loyal to Microsoft. Not a huge fan of any Sony or Nintendo current-gen exclusives any way.

bigbear2face
08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
haha sure, that'd be Halo that I fall asleep playing because it's sot boring, and Gears that I played through once and have never gone back to?

GT5 outsold Forza 3, by a lot, must be a reason for that. Even GT5 Prologue almost outsold Forza 3.

According the sales figures I saw (and posted several posts above yours) the GT5 Prologue DID outsell Forza 3. In fact it outsold every 360 "exclusive" except Halo 3.

Dz06lt
08-09-2011, 01:07 AM
\
But I do moderately agree with you; any time you ask a question like "which is the best console" or "which company is the best" or "which console has the best games," Xbox is obviously going to win (I even voted for Microsoft, but it was a tough call between it and Nintendo). I mean, we're on a fucking Xbox website. Do you expect this trend to be any different on a PS3 or Wii website?

You must not have read entirely what i posted

Originally Posted by Dz06lt http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4409091#post4409091)

Elit3 m0nkey
08-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Nintendo honestly. But I wish MS would follow what Sony is doing and pump a shit load of exclusives each year.

Mercury
08-09-2011, 05:24 AM
You must not have read entirely what i posted

Hence why I said "I agree with you." The last sentence of "We're on a fucking Xbox site" was for the OP.

WalmsLo
08-10-2011, 01:11 AM
This does solely depend on what kind of games, in my opinion Microsoft have the best multiplayer exclusives, sony has single player games nailed and nintendo is great for relaxing and family entertainment.

Myself enjoying multiplayer games i would go with Microsoft.

Dz06lt
08-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Hence why I said "I agree with you." The last sentence of "We're on a fucking Xbox site" was for the OP.

ahh a miscommunication

jankems ninja
08-10-2011, 01:21 AM
I always enjoy a good Nintendo exclusive. But when it comes down to my last dollar, Microsoft wins by a nose.

CRAZY 7
08-10-2011, 05:40 PM
I have to say xbox because I am a die hard Halo fan I have all the legendary edition since Halo 2. I even got the legendary edition to halo wars. But every company has there big hit games I wish I could play Like Zelda and God of war

CRAZY 7
08-10-2011, 05:42 PM
According the sales figures I saw (and posted several posts above yours) the GT5 Prologue DID outsell Forza 3. In fact it outsold every 360 "exclusive" except Halo 3.

And it was shit game as well

R3vengeance
08-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I love my Gears of War, and Halo is great as well, but I've got to go with Nintendo. Their first party titles seldom disappoint, and with their lack of good third party support, they need to be top-notch.