PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Dungeon or Lost Scrolls

Lavindathar
07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm getting ready to start grinding my fame out, and a few guides say use the Shadow Dungeon, and a few say use the Lost scrolls you can buy from the shop.

Which is truly the fastest way?

McGoogles
07-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I found the Shadow Dungeon to be the easiest. I found around three or four Champions per level.

Also, make sure you talk to the lady near the Shadow Dungeon portal as she will give you quests to complete (usually for killing a certain Champion) and she rewards you with fame, items, and gold pieces.

Lavindathar
07-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Cheers mate, I heard there were only 2 or so Champions on the SD levels. But 3-4 with the 3 quests sounds faster :)

Just completed the 35 floors now, finished at level 36 and Level 23 fame. I have two 800DPS weapons, which at this level seems pretty neat. Should blitz through now.

Lavindathar
07-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Just did the first 2 floors of the SV, and I've just hit level 25 fame.

I noticed the bosses on floor 2 were giving roughly 5k fame, do these exponetionally get more as I go further in? I've read reports of it only take 7-15 floors off the SV to max out fame for people with level 18-20 fame after the campaign. I finished with the campagin at 23 fame, but even at 5k per boss this is going to take a long time to grind.

Just trying to get a feel for how many floors it will take me.

McGoogles
07-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Just did the first 2 floors of the SV, and I've just hit level 25 fame.

I noticed the bosses on floor 2 were giving roughly 5k fame, do these exponetionally get more as I go further in? I've read reports of it only take 7-15 floors off the SV to max out fame for people with level 18-20 fame after the campaign. I finished with the campagin at 23 fame, but even at 5k per boss this is going to take a long time to grind.

Just trying to get a feel for how many floors it will take me.

When you level up, enemies get tougher and thus give you more Fame experience. Around level 45 or so, Champions net you around 10,000 Fame each and are relatively common. Also, don't forget to search every area of the map in the Shadow Dungeon levels. Lots of Champions like to hide in the secret areas.

It was definitely a long grind to get this achievement. I recommend listening to some music or watching a movie on your laptop.

Lavindathar
07-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Just hit Rank 33 fame now. It actually went incredibly fast.

Got it by level 12 of the Shadow Vault. Was killing 4-5 champions per level, plus the 3 quests. They were all level 47 or so by the end, so I was raking in the fame.

Another 200/200g, now onto Stacking!