PDA

View Full Version : xbox.com today

mickspawn
07-13-2011, 10:09 PM
hmm so i have gone on to xbox.com to compare achievements with a friend and its showing the games played in alphabetical order rather than last played... what the hell are they doing now...

BluWolve
07-13-2011, 10:14 PM
They have made massive site changes. That is not the only thing that is different, try using the search function. I have to say I quite like the updates. Although I reckon they have more important things to sort out....

KeepEmRolling
07-13-2011, 10:24 PM
I noticed that too. I use xbox.com less than I did a few months ago, and this just gives me another reason to use it even less.

mickspawn
07-14-2011, 11:12 PM
looks like its still in alphabetical order.. just as bad as the first time they stuffed the site and everything was in random order.

LethalEdge
07-14-2011, 11:29 PM
The best part of this new update is that they have reinstated the option to turn off Auto Renewal. :D

jadouber
07-15-2011, 12:08 PM
That's why I was amazed that the last game I played, wasn't in the top of the list. Hmm, clears that up. Lets see if I can find that option 'Auto Renewal' :P

littlemissymoo
07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
I turned auto renewal off yay! Don't get me wrong but I don't trust my card these days after what happened to Sony.

I turned it off halfway through my years sub. I will still have Gold to Jan right? - Stupid question I know. Sorry!

crracer 912
07-15-2011, 02:39 PM
I noticed alphabetical order, but its in two alphabetical orders whenever I view it. Not sure why, but for instance I was looking to see Forza III, it was in the top order amongst the other 'F' games, but was in the lower portion.

LethalEdge
07-15-2011, 06:48 PM
I turned auto renewal off yay! Don't get me wrong but I don't trust my card these days after what happened to Sony.

I turned it off halfway through my years sub. I will still have Gold to Jan right? - Stupid question I know. Sorry!

Yep, you'll just revert to a silver membership after your gold expires rather than renewing your subscription using your credit/debit card.

CyberPunch83
07-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Alphabetical order doesn't sound so bad, especially if you're comparing games with a person that's played something like 100+ games. It may be a beta test feature, it may become an option in the future to compare games and arrange them in alphabetical order with chronological being the default. Either way, an interesting tweak to xbox.com, which I still think needs a major overhaul from the ground up.

RwHo
07-15-2011, 07:49 PM
I used to use Xbox.com to help me with some Achievements and to figure out what ones I needed so I didn't have to open my guide up. I have given up on that haha.

Paka
07-15-2011, 07:54 PM
The worst changes are with their forums, IMO. They really are broken; for me, slow to impossible to load at times, and I can't even reply to topics any more, some glitch makes the box disappear! :mad: And I'm not sure who thought the navigation they have is a good idea, very hard to find what you want from the main forum page.

Vigor
07-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Haha, all that money and they still manage to come across like amateurs.

The Dagda Mor
07-15-2011, 10:58 PM
I like the ability to change how I view my games list and agree that the way you find Forums is terrible.

PoMoGub
08-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Haha, all that money and they still manage to come across like amateurs.

This is what annoys me about Microsoft. For instance, you can change the sorting when viewing your own list, but not when comparing with a friend. Are they just being lazy? Willfully ignorant? I don't get it. Also, why the fuck would they change it back to alphabetical? It's barely a step above random order. Have they never heard of CTR+F?:AR15

Coadster1
08-07-2011, 06:52 AM
I didn't like this change. I always found it more easier and more convenient to appear 'last played' Especially if you're trying to compare achievements to see what they haven't gotten and what you can work on together.

Ace_Royalty
08-07-2011, 01:49 PM
It's quicker to find the game your looking for that way o.O

Juksey
08-07-2011, 02:11 PM
It depends if your looking for a random game then alphabetical order would make sense, however i'd prefer last played as that is really the only time i use the feature to see what we both need and/or to see If I'm beating them to it :)

PoMoGub
08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
It's quicker to find the game your looking for that way o.O

CTR+F. Even for those who somehow have no idea about that, yeah, they can find a game slightly faster, but now you can't find the order they've played them AT ALL. The following is an irrefutable fact: The ability to find a game based on a single criteria slightly faster(that's even if you're computer illiterate) is NOT better than the ability to find a game based on two criteria.

On another note, it seems as if it's randomly changed back while I was typing this message. Here's hoping it stays that way.

guillermo316
08-10-2011, 11:22 PM
New changes today, its alright.

Sampson
08-11-2011, 12:27 AM
New changes? Does that mean that it's back to last played? Alphabetical isn't doing it for me.

Nick The Great
08-11-2011, 12:30 AM
I didn't like this change. I always found it more easier and more convenient to appear 'last played' Especially if you're trying to compare achievements to see what they haven't gotten and what you can work on together.

Totally agree... Wonder if this will ever be changed back...

PoMoGub
08-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Totally agree... Wonder if this will ever be changed back...

http://www.howtoimprovereadingcomprehension.com/

Nick The Great
08-11-2011, 01:03 AM
http://www.howtoimprovereadingcomprehension.com/

Thanks, there is always one on every site... You must be it...

PoMoGub
08-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks, there is always one on every site... You must be it...

What? Someone who is annoyed by people who can't be bothered to read the thread before replying when it hasn't even reached two pages? You'll find plenty of those here.

DENAz666
08-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Yeah its been like that for a while now. Pretty annoying... but doesn't really bother me