PDA

View Full Version : Nerds Hate sunlight (some clear-ups)

APickleNinja
07-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Ok so me and my girlfriend did it locally yesterday and here are some myths/facts I've seen on the forum I can clear up.

1.If either player becomes inactive and the AI takes over it doesn't reset counter like some believe.

how I know this: Played for a while and went for a break when we got back I ran around Stonebridge with the AI in control of her character (Lucas for those who are wondering :p) and we got the achievement 40 mins later.

2. Menus do affect game time (including when a controller disconnects)

How I know this: I saved then paused it for 3 mins saved again and time didn't change

3. Easier to do Locally because of possible connection drops and people leaving etc.

Possible this achievement is bugged

UltimateAuron32
07-14-2011, 12:21 AM
thanks dude, this one is seriously begging to piss me off, mainly cos no one seemed to know what the requirements were. cheers for clearing it up, im going to get this one tomorrow :)

KeepEmRolling
07-14-2011, 12:33 AM
I'll add this-the time spent in conversation with NPCs/quest givers doesn't stop the timer either. I know this because I did the achievement with a friend and we spent around an hour playing...we spent very little time in the menu, going there only to level up and quickly equip better stuff, and engaged in several NPC/quest giver conversations.

We then rubber banded the sticks together so both of us basically walked in a circle. The achievement popped after 3 hours and 5 minutes. I posted on another forum that conversations didn't stop the timer and a gamer posted that he went into a conversation and just left it there and came back after 3 hours and the achievement had popped. I can't verify if it works by sitting in a conversation though.

UltimateAuron32
07-14-2011, 01:09 AM
might give this a shot on Friday if i dont get it tomorrow, if it does pop when im at work, then i'll make post here to let you know.

DJ RJester
07-15-2011, 10:39 PM
I got the achievement tonight by putting some celotape on both controllers to let both characters walk against a wall in a safe area and left it for 3 hours while I watched tv, definitely only took 3 hours for it to pop up for me.

Phrozan
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I have a ? regarding this achievement, do you think I can plug my controller in on my main account and then just let the controller disconnect on my guest account for local coop? I am curious if this will work.

KeepEmRolling
09-05-2011, 11:50 PM
I have a ? regarding this achievement, do you think I can plug my controller in on my main account and then just let the controller disconnect on my guest account for local coop? I am curious if this will work.

No it won't. The achievement is for spending time in co op. If either player goes idle and the AI takes over, time will be suspended until both are doing something again.

Phrozan
09-08-2011, 04:29 PM
No it won't. The achievement is for spending time in co op. If either player goes idle and the AI takes over, time will be suspended until both are doing something again.

So what if both players have a plug and play system, will it work then just sitting there? Because technically you aren't idle, correct?

Phrozan
09-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Can you get this over live if both people have a plug n play cord? Or does it time out if you just sit idle no matter if your controller is plugged in?

Erydan
09-20-2011, 12:43 PM
add: if you reload any save, it will reset the counter!

dAFKave813
09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
So what if both players have a plug and play system, will it work then just sitting there? Because technically you aren't idle, correct?

I tried this method the night i got the game. I had 1 wired SF4 controller plugged in and 1 wireless controller plugged in using the plug and play charger. I left both controllers on over night and checked it the next day(roughly6-7 hours later). Both characters were still standing there and no menus were popped up but I did not have the achievement. :/

MyPetWorm
09-21-2011, 09:01 PM
You turn into AI three ways;

-Opening a menu,
-Loosing controller power
-Being inactive for 30 seconds

The last way means that even if you have a controller powered on, it will not work, as you aren't actually playing.

Just rubber band both sticks together, while plug-n-charged, simpliest method and defeats all three ways of going AI :)

dAFKave813
09-22-2011, 07:01 AM
You turn into AI three ways;

-Opening a menu,
-Loosing controller power
-Being inactive for 30 seconds

The last way means that even if you have a controller powered on, it will not work, as you aren't actually playing.

Just rubber band both sticks together, while plug-n-charged, simpliest method and defeats all three ways of going AI :)

Actually there is an even easier way, I did this last night. Have 2 controllers some how plugged in to your Xbox(either plug and play chargers or wired controllers). Have 2 different profiles signed in. Make sure both players are currently "active" and not controlled by NPC or in a menu. Then simply enter to a part of a conversation with another NPC where you must choose what to say next. Do not choose anything to say just simply leave your console on walk away and come back 3 hours later.

Worked like a charm since being in an active conversation will never allow either character to go "inactive".

Valfor
10-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Actually there is an even easier way, I did this last night. Have 2 controllers some how plugged in to your Xbox(either plug and play chargers or wired controllers). Have 2 different profiles signed in. Make sure both players are currently "active" and not controlled by NPC or in a menu. Then simply enter to a part of a conversation with another NPC where you must choose what to say next. Do not choose anything to say just simply leave your console on walk away and come back 3 hours later.

Worked like a charm since being in an active conversation will never allow either character to go "inactive".

iīm just trying this metod and itīs not working, both controllers are connected more than 4 hours and the achievment didnīt poped.

Tonps
10-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Luckily I'm not the only child in my family. :)

Valiantheart
10-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I tried it 3 times yesterday before it popped for me.

I didn't really see it mentioned here but I think the 2P has to be signed into a profile for it to work. The first 2 times i tried it I didn't even think of that, but I did for the third time and it worked.

GreatTeacherJoE
10-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Just got it today. Here's how I did it:

Signed in with two accounts locally. Got to the first conversation branch and just left it on. Used two wireless ones. I noticed they both turned off, but the game itself doesn't pause if you're in a conversation. Left the house and went about my day, came back, achievement popped. Easy peasy.

GENWAKU
11-02-2011, 01:33 PM
I tried it 3 times yesterday before it popped for me.

I didn't really see it mentioned here but I think the 2P has to be signed into a profile for it to work. The first 2 times i tried it I didn't even think of that, but I did for the third time and it worked.
Got it without having a second profile signed in, left the game on in the middle of a conversation and went to watch a long movie and it popped at about 3h 15m.