PDA

View Full Version : Lock and Load Achievement

Phreaque1977
07-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I am not sure about the rest of you, but this one is going to cost me a controller.

I have played three 15 minute quarter games...*yawn* and have had 3 passes thrown at me. Knockdown =2, pick=1 (hailmary at the end of the half).

Is there anybody who wants to play 1:1 games practicing throwing at the other person until we get an interception and return it for a TD.

Btw- coop means on the same team.

RwHo
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
So we can get this achievement playing against eachother? Like a 1v1 game? I did not know this. Well let me know about this. If so you can add me and I will.

GT: RwHu

Team Penguin
07-14-2011, 06:33 PM
I think someone said that it can be done online, can't remember who and I haven't tried it myself. Certainly would be nice though for people without 2 controllers.

Ellerkermike371
07-14-2011, 07:29 PM
This got to be the hardest achievement in all NCAA games(NCAA 2010 has this,NCAA 2011 has this achievement and now this game)

Team Penguin
07-14-2011, 07:45 PM
woo! Finally got this one.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=267133

Used the thread from 2011 version. Worked like a charm! Don't forget to boost the stats of the corner which you're going to use too.

RwHo
07-14-2011, 07:51 PM
woo! Finally got this one.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=267133

Used the thread from 2011 version. Worked like a charm! Don't forget to boost the stats of the corner which you're going to use too.

Thank you very much for the link! Will this work if Im playing a friend online rather then using a second controller?

Team Penguin
07-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I would assume so as I have read some people on the Ps3 version getting their trophies online, but can't say with 100% certainty sadly :(

bLaKgRaVy
07-14-2011, 09:28 PM
I had no problems unlocking these in the past two games. I always play the football games with a friend, so naturally we have two controllers. I used the method in SengIV's guide for NCAA 10 for both previous years and got them with minimal difficulty.

From the NCAA 10 guide:
Locked and Loaded (15 points)
With Player Lock on, return an interception for a TD (excludes co-op).

Vs CPU Method:
Before the CPU calls hike I suggest pick your player ( I suggest Free Safety) and click "LS" to player lock on that player. This achievement is definitely not easy but if you pick to be a Free Safety or Strong Safety most of the time you won't have to individually guard a player. I would also suggest playing against a horrible team so if you do intercept it you won't get caught by the opposing team.

Easier Method:
Use 2 controllers. Simply player lock on a Cornerback, Free Safety or Strong Safety. Now with the second controller throw it to the WR that your player lock player is guarding. Personally I think this is harder to do unless you have another person playing with the second controller. If you're playing with both controllers it could be kind of difficult.

Ellerkermike371
07-14-2011, 09:43 PM
I had no problems unlocking these in the past two games. I always play the football games with a friend, so naturally we have two controllers. I used the method in SengIV's guide for NCAA 10 for both previous years and got them with minimal difficulty.

From the NCAA 10 guide:
Locked and Loaded (15 points)
With Player Lock on, return an interception for a TD (excludes co-op).

Vs CPU Method:
Before the CPU calls hike I suggest pick your player ( I suggest Free Safety) and click "LS" to player lock on that player. This achievement is definitely not easy but if you pick to be a Free Safety or Strong Safety most of the time you won't have to individually guard a player. I would also suggest playing against a horrible team so if you do intercept it you won't get caught by the opposing team.

Easier Method:
Use 2 controllers. Simply player lock on a Cornerback, Free Safety or Strong Safety. Now with the second controller throw it to the WR that your player lock player is guarding. Personally I think this is harder to do unless you have another person playing with the second controller. If you're playing with both controllers it could be kind of difficult.

Okay thanks and I'll do that then.Maybe I was using the wrong position player(Cornerback)

Phreaque1977
07-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Here's what I ended up doing:

Step 1: I had to HOST the game, if somebody invited me into their game I didn't get it, but as soon as I created the game and invited them to it, *DING*

Unranked game
difficulty didn't matter (did it on Varsity and Freshman)

Offense: Hail Mary Trips (3 WR on right 1 WR on left)
- Hit Y for hot routes
- Hit X for the single WR on the left side
- Hit (down) on the left analog stick (Curl route after 10 yds)

Defense: 3-4 - Cover 2
- Pick a safety
- Stood in front of where the curl would be
- Press Y when the ball got there

After the INT, the offensive team would keep pressing B to pick the player closest to the ball and run away from the defensive player trying to score.

To make this easier we would be on the 1 yard line (offense had 99 yards to score a TD, Defense had 1) so the return was shorter.

I see above they changed speed settings, that would eliminate the need for a 2nd player to keep pressing B, however I'd still prefer finding a buddy to pair up with as with this method you know what pass will be thrown, when and where.

Ellerkermike371
07-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Here's what I ended up doing:

Step 1: I had to HOST the game, if somebody invited me into their game I didn't get it, but as soon as I created the game and invited them to it, *DING*

Unranked game
difficulty didn't matter (did it on Varsity and Freshman)

Offense: Hail Mary Trips (3 WR on right 1 WR on left)
- Hit Y for hot routes
- Hit X for the single WR on the left side
- Hit (down) on the left analog stick (Curl route after 10 yds)

Defense: 3-4 - Cover 2
- Pick a safety
- Stood in front of where the curl would be
- Press Y when the ball got there

After the INT, the offensive team would keep pressing B to pick the player closest to the ball and run away from the defensive player trying to score.

To make this easier we would be on the 1 yard line (offense had 99 yards to score a TD, Defense had 1) so the return was shorter.

I see above they changed speed settings, that would eliminate the need for a 2nd player to keep pressing B, however I'd still prefer finding a buddy to pair up with as with this method you know what pass will be thrown, when and where.

That is the harder way to do get this achievement because it will waste another $60.00 to get gold membership.

Phreaque1977
07-15-2011, 08:46 AM
That is the harder way to do get this achievement because it will waste another $60.00 to get gold membership.

Harder way to do get? - wth?

Your description said it was not easy and "most of the time"...and needed 2 controllers.
How is mine any different? Most people on here already have a gold account, and if they don't...the strategy still works...just with 2 controllers.

You said, essentially, this is hard and you need luck.

I gave plays...formations...positions, more detail.

Just because nobody wants to play with you, doesn't mean other people on here aren't friendly.

tylerjlong
07-15-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm up to boost this achievement. It's the last one I need

RwHo
07-15-2011, 07:40 PM
I do believe I was just soooo lucky. I got it in Dynasty while playing for the #1 Recruit and winning the National Championship. Kinda excited I finally got it :D

Phreaque1977
07-16-2011, 01:05 AM
I just helped somebody else get it and it took less than 1 five minute quarter.