Bit of a problem

BackSpace07

I'm on the very last quest in the main story where you have to get to the top of the tower and slay the dragon, but I'm having a hell of a time beating that part because my dumbass forgot to bring a healer along. Yes, I've lowered the difficulty, yes I've got good gear and everyone in my party are fairly high levels(16-18). I've got Sten, Oghren, Morrigan and myself. I always call up the Golems to help me since everyone else is practically useless and they die off too quickly. So what I'm asking is, what are my options here? Do I just give up on this playthrough? Or are there any tactics or other methods I can apply to clear this part?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing you don't have an earlier save before you split your party up? You could revert and bring a healer.

Are you making it to the roof?

I tried this when I ran out of health potions and my healer died, and was low on health:

Once you make it to the roof try and hold your party back and call in reinforcements to handle the constant flow of darkspawn and use the ballista's on the Archdemon from a distance. Morrigan will be firing spells at it too.

Keep Oghren and Sten near you but between you and any entrance the darkspawn may come from as another line of defense. When the Archdemon moves areas just move to another distant ballista with a line of sight on it to stay away from it's fire.

The only thing you have to worry about then is the blue energy drain field it will drop on you time to time no matter where you are, when that happens grab your party and RUN!

• 3 months later...

I took your advice since I'm in much the same position the original poster was in and it got me farther than I had gotten for a long time now. Thanks for the advice! Until I read this I had no idea there was even any ballistas up there lol. I always try to play without the guide out first but this time it screwed me big time.

Thanks again

You can buy more health poltices before you go in.

On one of my play thrus I didn't have a healer either (or they were all dead. Had both happen on separate play thrus come to think of it.) The catapults become your best friend in that situation. Really works best as a rogue or a char with high agility so you have no problems reloading the things, but you can basically stun lock the archdemon in place and take all its health away.

I actually got it to the point where it had no health, I kept hitting it and it stayed stun locked. Took me a couple minutes to realize there wouldn't be a death animation until someone went up and attacked it.

The golems and all your other reserves are useful for keeping the darkspawn adds off too.

You can do it, just avoid attacking it directly if you can.

How many health poultices do you have?

Also, if you have any Warmth Balms, equip them to you and your teammates to avoid maximum damage from the Archdemon's flames.

Why would Warmth Balms do anything? I thought it's breath caused spirit damage. And you wondered why that Hurlock General had a helmet with 75% Spirit Resist on his corpse.