PDA

View Full Version : Do i want to trade my xbox for a ps3

MopFlop
07-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Just wanted some peoples opinions on this (yes its an xbox forum and will be biased)
Recently most of my friends who have xboxs have either traded them in or stopped renewing their gold membership, and most of the games i play online are team based games. A lot more of my friends now have ps3, regularly go online and play the same games as me.
Therefore was have recently been wondering whether its worth it to trade in my xbox for a ps3.
The main reason I play is to play with friends. Not an achievement whore so not fused about losing that as well. And most of the saves i have are for completed games which i dont really play once they are fully completed
So my question is do you reckon it is worth it? And if you were me would you?

Wickedsi
07-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Seeing that the PS3 network is so easily hackable i would not recommend it. that is something they may never fix.

otaking live
07-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm guessing your friends are broke? Seems paying for online is their reason for switching and not the game selection. Its up to you obviously. But all I know is that I have about 10 games on my ps3 and 150 on my xbox. I simply prefer it way more.

StillTIPPIN187
07-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Your not an achievement whore?

Your near about 50K!

and well, why not? Xbox is getting old.. Go try out some amazing SCEA exclusives!

Plus, you said your friends are on psn now, so you'll get to play with them.

But you do know that you wont get shit for trading in a console to gamestop, either keep it or sell it on ebay.

Opiate42
07-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Up to you, there are some incredibly amazing games on the PS3.

A buddy of mine made that same decision a while ago, traded a 360 for a PS3...a month later he sold the PS3 for cash to buy another 360. Found he only used the PS3 as an expensive DVD player.

This is my main reason not to. They're fucking awful and personally I can't use them for more than an hour without massive hand cramps. :(

You can find 3rd party Xbox 360-shaped PS3 controllers if you're willing to spend the extra money though.
http://cdn.devicemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/135068-1-1.jpg

chelseaman99
07-15-2011, 07:43 PM
You may as well keep your 360 unless it's a Slim, you'll get very little for it.

RwHo
07-15-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't believe trading your Xbox in for a Ps3 would be the best bet. I have both an Xbox and a Ps3. My Xbox is on majority of the day and the Ps3 sits in the corner collecting dust. The Xbox community is so much better then the Ps3 community, some of the stuff that Xbox offers and Ps3 doesn't isn't worth getting rid of your Xbox. If I had to choose in your situation, keep your Xbox. Achievements > Trophies.

Louman
07-15-2011, 08:01 PM
I agree with most here...keep your Xbox. Buy a PS3 if you have to. That way you can play with your friends. Also keeping the Xbox will allow you to play exclusives like Gears of War 3 and stuff. I remember having 4 game systems at one point and now people get hung up on 2? Bottom line...get what will make you happy and not what others (including me) will say. I do appreciate you asking us for an opinion though! :)

DigitalFury
07-15-2011, 08:11 PM
I bought a PS3 a few weeks ago and I do love it. I would suggest keeping your Xbox though. How much money do you have invested in your harddrive? I have like 60 arcade and indie games totalling close to $400 so I would NEVER sell my Xbox

Vigor
07-15-2011, 08:21 PM
The only thing the PS3 is superior over the 360 is the interface/software, it handles more pro and like a pc unlike that childish garbage dashboard with its mindless tabs.
There is no fun in exploration on the 360, too limited.

ninjachicken
07-15-2011, 08:32 PM
My PS3 is used as a DVD player and also for watching shows i missed on BBCiplayer or 4OD.It aslo makes a good back up browser in case my computer goes down. I don't really use it for games as i like the 360 better. Like others have said you won't get much for your 360 so you might as well just own both.

MopFlop
07-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Your not an achievement whore?

Your near about 50K!

and well, why not? Xbox is getting old.. Go try out some amazing SCEA exclusives!.
Well I dont buy games for achievements these days. I buy games i like but go for all the achievements in them. More of a completionist tbh. Try and play the games i get to the most.

How much money do you have invested in your harddrive? I have like 60 arcade and indie games totalling close to $400 so I would NEVER sell my Xbox
Yeah i have a fair few arcade games and dlc =/ Never thought of that at all.

I agree with most here...keep your Xbox. Buy a PS3 if you have to. That way you can play with your friends. Also keeping the Xbox will allow you to play exclusives like Gears of War 3 and stuff. I remember having 4 game systems at one point and now people get hung up on 2?
Yeah was thinking about the exclusives but would also like to get uncharted and gt5. Going to see how well my job goes over summer and may get a ps3 and just have both.

BML99
07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't believe trading your Xbox in for a Ps3 would be the best bet. I have both an Xbox and a Ps3. My Xbox is on majority of the day and the Ps3 sits in the corner collecting dust. The Xbox community is so much better then the Ps3 community, some of the stuff that Xbox offers and Ps3 doesn't isn't worth getting rid of your Xbox. If I had to choose in your situation, keep your Xbox. Achievements > Trophies.

This. Just save and buy a PS3 while keeping your Xbox. I bought one just for the Sony exclusives I like (Sly collection, GoW, Heavy Rain, SOCOM, etc.) and I'll play them then move on and back to Xbox.

MopFlop
07-15-2011, 09:16 PM
This. Just save and buy a PS3 while keeping your Xbox. I bought one just for the Sony exclusives I like (Sly collection, GoW, Heavy Rain, SOCOM, etc.) and I'll play them then move on and back to Xbox.

Yeah i think thats what ill do. Cheers fr the help guys

The Dagda Mor
07-15-2011, 10:20 PM
I personally cannot stand the playstation controller. I would like to play some of the exclusives though that's for sure.

Majica8
07-18-2011, 10:40 AM
If you can afford it I'd suggest owning both. That way you get the best of both worlds.
I'm guessing your friends are broke? Seems paying for online is their reason for switching and not the game selection. Its up to you obviously. But all I know is that I have about 10 games on my ps3 and 150 on my xbox. I simply prefer it way more.
Had to laugh at this. I know the OP says friends have stopped renewing Gold but to suggest it's because they can't afford it is laughable.
"Hmm, I can't afford $50 for Gold this year, I know, I'll go and buy a $350 PS3!" :rolleyes:

TAI JASON
07-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I got an Xbox and a PS3 and i love the Xbox much more.

Simple and straight:

- online service is a big way better, friendlist, compare achivements, achivements are better then trophys ;D, marketplace!!!!! (the PS3 marketplace is a shame!), dashboard overview, profile card on Xbox

- updates solution and downloading is better, updates/add ons on PS3 are horrible, downloading-install-update-install....make me crazy last time on Killzone 3

- safe network, voicechat for all, simple videochat

- many games run better on Xbox and look better

- better costumer service for repairs, sony want money for every repair even in the guarentee!

- controller is better for FPS

- PS3 controllers, games, extras, cables or headsets are much more expensive! Keep that in mind.

After all you should try the PS3 to play a few games like Uncharted 2 or Killzone 3, but beware: There not a "must buy" for this console, there just good games. I would say you should continue with the Xbox. If you got enough money you can have both. Your decission...