PDA

View Full Version : A Question for players/traders of actual M:tG

TPF_Raiden
07-15-2011, 06:52 PM
So all of us that have bought the game have noticed that you are given a code for a free promo, which in out case is Grave Titan. Now, I used the code, printed the voucher, went into store, and the cashier, delightfully gave me one of each promo, as it's quite a small shop, but was given just as many promos as the rest and they'd only had one other guy come to claim, and by this time the game had been out a good couple of weeks. For those that also claimed their promo will know that the card comes on a flyer type piece of card, attached by what I can only describe as a sort of "adhesive jelly/putty" . When I went to remove the cards, Grave Titan and Inferno Titan removed with no problems, but when I removed Frost Titan, it left a stain which could have been grease absorbed by the "adhesive jelly/putty" but I don't know for sure, the card has been in a sleeve since I removed it, and only been taken out for purpose of the photograph. Now my question is would the condition of the card still be described as mint condition even with the stain, of which I will attach a picture? Purely for the reason of having all three promos in my collection, with possible future value (even if not very large).

TL: DR Would you describe the card, looking at the picture as MINT condition.

MVA
07-15-2011, 07:30 PM
TL: DR Would you describe the card, looking at the picture as MINT condition.

"Mint" or "Like-New".

Shinobi273
07-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Mine was just the card, it wasn't attached to anything.

TPF_Raiden
07-15-2011, 08:02 PM
"Mint" or "Like-New".

Ok, thanks, It's just a small blemish but I suppose people can be really picky with the description of Mint Condition.

And now i'm not going to claim that I have OCD, but it still does bug me that it is an imperfection. I'll probably end up trading it for someones perfect Frost Titan, offering my own and a rare of their choice perhaps.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. When I orders a few M11 boosters online, when they came my dog bit into the package they were in. There was only two damaged cards as his bite wasn't very hard. One of the damaged ones was a Plains, and the other a Foil Ajani Goldmane. :'( I traded it a with a friend for a Platinum Angel, Mitotic Slime and a few uncommons.