PDA

View Full Version : Should DLC be counted toward completion %?

BuzzerBeater911
07-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Sorry if this has been already posted. The search feature currently isn't working.

My friends and I have recently been arguing over counting games into your completed list if you don't have the DLC. For example, I have 1000/1350 in Fable II. I count this as complete, while some people think it's only complete if I have the 1350.

I think that if I don't own the DLC, it shouldn't count toward my completion percentage. It's like saying when Skyrim is released, Oblivion is no longer complete for me. Elder Scrolls V is an extension of Elder Scrolls IV and it's not included in IV's completion percentage. DLC is an extension of the game, yet it is included. You have to purchase Skyrim separately and you have to purchase DLC separately. If I don't own it, I didn't pay for it, and I've never played it before, it shouldn't be counted into my completion percentage.

Anyway, I'd like to see what you guys think. Should DLC be counted into completion percentage, or shouldn't it (if you haven't played it)?

TVthePunisher
07-16-2011, 04:20 AM
I selected only if you play the DLC, because honestly Resident Evil 5 should be sitting in my completion list as well as Bioshock 2, BUT because I don't have the DLC for RE5 (nor own it anymore) and I need just one more DLC pack to complete Bioshock 2...it sucks if you complete a game like say...L.A. Noire, which I could go sell now and then in October or something new DLC with new achievements comes out...that means it will no longer be counted in my completed list until I buy that DLC and/or the game again!

Ugh...

Basically...I think if you earn the original 1000, it should be a completed game added to your list and that playing the DLC will give you the extra points yet, but you aren't deprived of it being a completed game for you.

Chaosx721
07-16-2011, 04:38 AM
This topic has been talked about to death. Microsoft isn't going to change it so we should all just move on and deal with it.

dakisbac
07-16-2011, 04:44 AM
To me complete means 100%. And 100% means you have all achievements and all gamerscore. Take out a calculator and type in "1000/1350". Is the result 1? If not, then you don't have 100%. So no, your Fable 2 is not complete.

Should DLC achievements be added if we don't own the DLC? No. But that's the way it is.

PS: Skyrim is not an extension of Oblivion, it is a sequel. As in as a separate game. Shivering Isles was an extension to Oblivion.

BuzzerBeater911
07-16-2011, 04:50 AM
This topic has been talked about to death. Microsoft isn't going to change it so we should all just move on and deal with it.

I realize that this thread isn't going to change how the system works. I'm just curious to see some different points of view and also to see how many people think they should be included/not included.

Death Metal Jim
07-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Oh ya, it definitely should be included. I have this debate all the time with my boosting buddies, and even though it's all in good fun, we think the complete opposite on this subject. Whether the DLC is good (Lair Of the Shadow Broker) or complete shit (SSC Challenge Map Pack) it should ALWAYS count towards the completion if there's achievements attached to it. If people have a problem with it, then they should focus their anger on the developers that decide to leave portions of the game out so they can add it later as DLC and charge more to customers.

Capn Doug
07-16-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm always perplexed by people who get the original 1000 in a game but don't bother with the DLC. I'm not sure there is really any rationale to someone saying "I liked the game enough to get the full 1000, but I don't like it enough to try the DLC." The DLC is a part of the game, it is an extension of the game, and the achievement list reflects that fact.

I mean, really, look at the sig below. Only one game would be added if DLC didn't count, and that's just because I haven't picked up the recent New Vegas DLC yet. And really, if it bothers you, just consider it done when you want to consider it done. Cross it off your list whenever you want to, just don't expect anyone else to necessarily agree with you.

Lord Yamikage
07-16-2011, 05:19 AM
To me complete means 100%. And 100% means you have all achievements and all gamerscore. Take out a calculator and type in "1000/1350". Is the result 1? If not, then you don't have 100%. So no, your Fable 2 is not complete.

[....].

It's not just you.... it's the truth. An unfortunate truth that all Xbox360 Gamers have to accept and deal with it.

Having a DLC to the game is fine for me. What I DO NOT like is when the game is released in another retail game, and they add the new retail game achievements to the old one. For example, LIPS. Those gotdamn bastard adding new retail LIPS games achievements to the first LIPS achievements.... THAT is FUBAR.

dakisbac
07-16-2011, 05:26 AM
Having a DLC to the game is fine for me. What I DO NOT like is when the game is released in another retail game, and they add the new retail game achievements to the old one. For example, LIPS. Those gotdamn bastard adding new retail LIPS games achievements to the first LIPS achievements.... THAT is FUBAR.

Funny, I think the exact opposite. I consider those other LIPS games to be in the same vein as the Rock Band track packs - they're just DLC for those who prefer a hard copy and/or those who don't have LIVE. To me, LIPS got it right and Rock Band got it wrong - all those track packs I've got littered across my game history should have been added to the Rock Band (1) totals.

TVthePunisher
07-16-2011, 05:42 AM
My major beef with it is the fact that you can 100% a game and then it's taken off your completion list as soon as DLC comes out or say you played RE5 offline like I did (only because I didn't have internet for a year), then bam that 1000/1000 turns to 1000/1400. That means I have to go and pick up a new Gold Edition (since Capcom acted as a bunch of cheapass mothas and put the DLC on a card rather than the disc) in order to obtain that extra 400. And Elder Scrolls Oblivion I'll have to pick up the game of the year edition, since it's friggin 2400 points for Shivering Isles! Cheaper for me to just get GOTY...the reason this is all such an issue is how tight I am for money, I can't get to 100K like everyone else can within a few months because of how short I am on cash.

Anyways, I would LIKE if a completed game stayed on the list rather than be taken off because of DLC. Eitherway I don't want to argue with anybody about this crap since they're all probably right anyways...

Aiden 514
07-16-2011, 05:50 AM
I feel it is a bit bias as there is no no

hydrosugar
07-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Definately option 1. ive never bought dlc for a game(or at least dlc that had cheevo's linked to it.) I dont know why exactly, but the point is if you dont have it, it shouldn't just add it self to your possible max score. I mean what's next, poorly selling xbox games that you have never played being added to your card when you sign into live, so you have to buy them to boost your completion %.

This and unattainable/dodgy online achievements are why i dont bother with completion %. still, think its above 60% though despite both those factors and numerous games at less than 10% achievement progress.

3rd factor...i'm lazy. :D

I'm always perplexed by people who get the original 1000 in a game but don't bother with the DLC. I'm not sure there is really any rationale to someone saying "I liked the game enough to get the full 1000, but I don't like it enough to try the DLC." The DLC is a part of the game, it is an extension of the game, and the achievement list reflects that fact.

Well lets look at me. the only games that apply for me are:

FIFA 10 - I don't like ultimate team at all, its not similar to the rest of the game, so the argument in bold is moot.

Dante's Inferno - The game isn't bad, but the dlc is shit and a complete rip off.

undephined
07-16-2011, 06:03 AM
I disagree with the way Microsoft has made games' achievement completion. I have a perfect example for you, too.

Fable II. I got all achievements within 5 days of release. I picked it up the day of and immediately started playing for over 15 hours. I loved Fable to death, so Fable II was very hyped for me. Anyway, after I got all of the achievements, the game stood in the corner of my room for a long time. Then, after they released the new DLC (the island one, the one with all the weather problems) I couldn't afford it, because I was strapped for cash, and all the money I had I had to put towards food and bills. Since then, I haven't gotten the DLC because I still don't have the money, and when I do get something it's usually a new game, because I'd rather spend the money on a new game rather than the DLC for Fable II. I get more out of the new game than I do on the DLC. Besides that, when I do get MSP, I have a ton of stuff I would rather spend it on. Not some DLC for an aged game that has turned to shit in my eyes. I can pick up Fable III for a lot cheaper than $40 at GameStop, and use the $20 left for MSP, I guess.

I don't know. Basically I was ranting. Another thing is like if they give you a REALLY shitty DLC (Mad Moxxi) and add in achievements for it. I hated Mad Moxxi with a fiery burning passion. If I had known that DLC would have been so bad I'd have spent it on something worth it.

AND DLC that is included on disk is absolutely ridiculous. Resident Evil 5's DLC achievements are all on disk, with one exception. I'm not paying for something that is already on the disk. I would expect that on some game by EA, not Resident Evil.

BuzzerBeater911
07-16-2011, 09:09 AM
The same thing happened with me for Fable II. I bought it and played a TON of it. I got all of the achievements and still kept playing it. After a while I stopped and then sold it figuring I wouldn't really play it again. Then the DLC comes out and I don't have the game. I as well am strapped for cash, so I'm not going to go out and buy the game AND the DLC just for a few hours of gameplay and 350G. It's just not worth the money.

BluWolve
07-16-2011, 09:22 AM
I think when you get the 1000 gs for retail or 200 gs for arcade games that should be 100% then just say dlc is released to add for example 250 points to a retail game, that could be counted as 25 percent extra, therefor making the game 125% complete. I know most people will disagree with me and that it will never actually happen but that is just my opinion.

TVthePunisher
07-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Maybe create a third option =) most of us have this 360voice thing in our sigs, maybe across the avatar for a game there could be something along the border that says 100% once you've completed a game completely, until DLC comes out then it dissapears HOWEVER it remains on the completed list. So when you look at these things, considering the icons are smaller on our sigs...you'd see like a...red line or blue line, whatever color they want to make the text for the 100% thing. If DLC comes out and you can't get it, the game remains...there just isn't that red/blue/whatever color line indicating you then took care of the DLC for it as well.

Just a complicated thing I thought of ;>_> that way 1000/1000's would be counted and then the third option could say "100% games", which could cover Arcade and Retail alike. Just a suggestion...

Mister Spraggsy
07-16-2011, 10:36 AM
I have had a few of my game completions ruined by DLC I have not brought (Mass Effect 2) for example. With that said I do think if you pay for extra DLC then it should be added to your completion list.

zombiclone
07-16-2011, 10:58 AM
I am in the "only if you buy it" camp. I might like a game, and play it well enough to get all of it's achievements, but I might not either
a) WANT to get the DLC (e.g. Resident Evil 5)
b) AFFORD to get the DLC (my bank account)
Maybe it's just another of Microsoft's "this is just the way things are so TOUGH deal with it" things. *cough*changing regions*cough*

JuSt BLaZe
07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
[x] Yes, but only if you play the DLC.

Frankly, I'm sick & tired of all these DLCs maniac invasions. First of all you pay a loooooooooooots of MS-Points and most of them last no longer than 15-20 minutes and you're already done with it.

They should really separate it and at least give you the OPTION to choose if you want to add it to your completion rate.

Blink
07-16-2011, 03:08 PM
If you completed Oblivion before the DLC came out, I'd say you completed the game. But if you'd played the DLC and hadn't completed it, I'd say you hadn't completed the game.

Capn Doug
07-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Maybe create a third option =) most of us have this 360voice thing in our sigs, maybe across the avatar for a game there could be something along the border that says 100% once you've completed a game completely, until DLC comes out then it dissapears HOWEVER it remains on the completed list.

The problem with that is that no xbox Community site can distinguish between 1000/1250 from the original 1000 only and 1000/1250 where 800 comes from the original 1000 and 200 comes from the DLC. Well not without breaking the rules, anyway.

shockwave x360a
07-16-2011, 05:49 PM
yes it should because you still put time and effort and also some dlc is hard

CyberPunch83
07-16-2011, 06:00 PM
DLC should only count towards a completion percentage if you buy the DLC and actually play it, not if the achievements for a DLC are added trough a patch/update for a game that in a way forces you to buy the DLC. I've stated this before and I'll say it again because it seems I have to, DLC achievements should only be added to a game when you buy and install the DLC. thus Ian a hard concept and I know a few games have done this. Too bad BioShock 2 didnt, it's stuck at 1000/1400 and I'll probably never play the DLC unles they cut prices on all if them.

Death Metal Jim
07-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Too bad BioShock 2 didnt, it's stuck at 1000/1400 and I'll probably never play the DLC unles they cut prices on all if them.

You realize that Bioshock 2 DLC has been on sale on Deal Of The Week countless times, right? Not to mention Resident Evil 5 (which also has a Gold edition with all the DLC), Fable 2 (Platinum Hits edition) and Oblivion (which has a Game of The Year edition with the DLC).

Again, it should be obvious by now that DLC that are attached with achievements are going to be released for most games these days. So I'm not really understanding why it's such a huge shock and surprise to everyone when these games are taken out of their completed list. You want to complain about it, then complain to the developers of the game, who purposely leave content out of games so they can charge the consumer more money later, which most of the time will of course have achievements attached to it.

loganlogan80
07-16-2011, 09:00 PM
I think it should be counted but only if you have played it. Not everybody can afford every single dlc ever released for their games and I don't think it's fair that in order to get 100% completion on a game you need to purchase something.

Capn Doug
07-16-2011, 09:24 PM
I think it should be counted but only if you have played it. Not everybody can afford every single dlc ever released for their games and I don't think it's fair that in order to get 100% completion on a game you need to purchase something.

If you can afford to buy the game, you can afford to buy the DLC.

Let's look at a different side of the argument. Take Dante's Inferno. The retail 1000 is supposedly quite easy but one of the pieces of DLC has a fairly difficult achievement. Same thing with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, where the most time consuming achievement is in the DLC. Or even Gears of War 2, since getting you wings is actually part of the DLC. Is it reasonable that you have a higher completion percentage than me because I attempted the DLC and you didn't?

TVthePunisher
07-16-2011, 09:46 PM

Let's look at a different side of the argument. Take Dante's Inferno. The retail 1000 is supposedly quite easy but one of the pieces of DLC has a fairly difficult achievement. Same thing with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, where the most time consuming achievement is in the DLC. Or even Gears of War 2, since getting you wings is actually part of the DLC. Is it reasonable that you have a higher completion percentage than me because I attempted the DLC and you didn't?

I'd just like to say the multiplayer achievements take more time than "Il Principe". Especially if you don't boost for tem...now however if you do boost, then yes Il Principe takes a bit longer...depending on factors with each player, etc. I reached Download Complete within 3 days of boosting, from level 25 I think. Doing it normally would have taken me such a long time that I could probably fit Il Principe as having taken half the total time to obtain. Anyways, just throwing my opinion out there on the subject matter...the rest of your point still stands.

MxPx
07-16-2011, 09:57 PM

Yes.

Well how about this.

Instead of a "/1400" system, or "/1800" system...we revert to a pure "/1000" system where all DLC is extra...like extra credit on a middle school exam.

1400/1000, instead of 1400/1400. That way the DLCers get a higher percentage, and the non-DLCers aren't left behind.

mjc0961
07-17-2011, 12:07 AM
I think that if I don't own the DLC, it shouldn't count toward my completion percentage. It's like saying when Skyrim is released, Oblivion is no longer complete for me. Elder Scrolls V is an extension of Elder Scrolls IV and it's not included in IV's completion percentage. DLC is an extension of the game, yet it is included. You have to purchase Skyrim separately and you have to purchase DLC separately. If I don't own it, I didn't pay for it, and I've never played it before, it shouldn't be counted into my completion percentage. The problem with your comparison here is that Skyrim isn't an extension of Oblivion. It's a completely separate game. Might be part of the same series or franchise, but it's not an extension of Oblivion. You don't need Oblivion to play Skyrim. And the Skyrim achievements are certainly not being added to the Oblivion achievement list.

DLC, however, is an extension of that game. It's more content for that game, and that may include more achievements. Thus you no longer have 100% of the achievements available for that game because more were released. You're still quite free to say that you have all of the original achievements for that game, but you don't have 100% of the achievements for that game anymore because new ones were added.

Achievements are pretty fun to collect, but I think people take this a bit too far sometimes. It's not the end of the world if you no longer have a 100% on a game's achievement list because new ones got added.

Capn Doug
07-17-2011, 12:54 AM
I'd just like to say the multiplayer achievements take more time than "Il Principe". Especially if you don't boost for tem...now however if you do boost, then yes Il Principe takes a bit longer...depending on factors with each player, etc. I reached Download Complete within 3 days of boosting, from level 25 I think. Doing it normally would have taken me such a long time that I could probably fit Il Principe as having taken half the total time to obtain. Anyways, just throwing my opinion out there on the subject matter...the rest of your point still stands.

I'm not so sure. I figure that without boosting you are looking at 40 hours to get to to level 50 without boosting (assuming average skill). The main story takes about 10-15 hours, depending on a few things, and you are likely to have to replay several of the missions in order to meet the full sync requirement. So lets say 20 hours just for the main story, if you were playing for Il Principe from the beginning. Add in the side missions and you are looking at probably 30-40 hours where you can't possibly boost. And yes, I did hybrid boosting/normal play for level 50.

Actually, the example that I should add to the list is Phantasy Star Universe. 20 hours for the retail 1000, 90 hours for the DLC 250, and longer if you don't find someone to help you (outside of the events, where it still took me longer to do the DLC than it did to do the retail 1000).

Yes.

Well how about this.

Instead of a "/1400" system, or "/1800" system...we revert to a pure "/1000" system where all DLC is extra...like extra credit on a middle school exam.

1400/1000, instead of 1400/1400. That way the DLCers get a higher percentage, and the non-DLCers aren't left behind.

Under your system, I would have more than 100% completion rate, or at least that is what I thought when I first read it. I crunched the numbers, I would have more than 100% by the end of the weekend (I am 135g away). It's like "extra credit work" in school these days that allow kids to finish with 125% and a check mark+ rating. Seriously, the rules are not complicated. If you want to consider the game done when you get the original 1000, fine, consider it done. If you want to consider it done once you get all the single player achievements, fine, consider it done. Just don't expect anyone else to necessarily agree with your take on the game's completion status.

Sylon00
07-17-2011, 04:31 AM
If I dont buy the DLC, I shouldnt get docked my 100% complete. It happens on the PS3 side too. Damn Uncharted 2 game is sitting at 73% with a platinum trophy O_o I just don't understand it.

BuzzerBeater911
07-17-2011, 04:49 AM
After reading all of these replies I came up with an idea. They could simply have the DLC appear as a separate game on your card. For example, you could have 1000/1000 in Oblivion then 250/250 in The Shivering Isles.

Sylon00
07-17-2011, 04:54 AM
After reading all of these replies I came up with an idea. They could simply have the DLC appear as a separate game on your card. For example, you could have 1000/1000 in Oblivion then 250/250 in The Shivering Isles.

That would be a good idea, but might clutter up the gamercard. Maybe a subset from the original game?

TVthePunisher
07-17-2011, 04:54 AM

There's an idea:

Resident Evil 5 (1000/1000)
Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape (100/100)
Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares (100/100)
Resident Evil 5: Versus (200/200)

I imagine give it the same Icon too, so they'd all have the "5". Same for something like...L.A. Noire?

L.A. Noire (1000/1000)
L.A. Noire: A Slip of the Tongue (100/100)
L.A. Noire: The Naked City (100/100)
L.A. Noire: Nicholson Electroplating (100/100)
L.A. Noire: Reefer Madness (100/100)

That would be a good idea, but might clutter up the gamercard. Maybe a subset from the original game?

Ah, kind of like this? (the plus sign is basically meaning you can click it to drop down a list of DLC in a submenu)

Resident Evil 5 + - 1000/1000

Desperate Escape (100/100)
Lost in Nightmares (100/100)
Versus (200/200)

^I put that in a spoiler tag as kind of an example.

BuzzerBeater911
07-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Or perhaps when you look at someones games, there could be a games tab and a DLC tab. On the DLC tab if you've purchased, for example, the DLC for New Vegas there will be Fallout: New Vegas 405/405, or 280/280 (if you don't have all the DLC).

Coadster1
07-17-2011, 05:14 AM
I think DLC always should be counted towards completion. So if you don't pay for the DLC, I don't think you deserve to say you completed the game. That's just the way I feel.

Sylon00
07-17-2011, 05:34 AM
I think DLC always should be counted towards completion. So if you don't pay for the DLC, I don't think you deserve to say you completed the game. That's just the way I feel.

YES. I completed the game, not the DLC. If they wanted to include the DLC as part of the whole game, then they should have included it in the retail version of the game to begin with.

If I got 100% on a game, just to see that knocked down to 75% because of new DLC, then why should I get penalized for completing the game when they added a bunch of stuff that wasn't there before?

hydrosugar
07-17-2011, 06:04 AM

that is actually a pretty good idea. as long as microsoft doesn't just add the 'new game' to your card in the same way they update a game. it shouldn't be that hard to put every game back to 1000g on the dashboard, then re-add dlc for those that have purchased it. thus reversing their past failures in this department.

Capn Doug
07-17-2011, 06:16 AM
YES. I completed the game, not the DLC. If they wanted to include the DLC as part of the whole game, then they should have included it in the retail version of the game to begin with.

If I got 100% on a game, just to see that knocked down to 75% because of new DLC, then why should I get penalized for completing the game when they added a bunch of stuff that wasn't there before?

Why do you see it as being penalized? It isn't a punishment, it isn't even really an issue. I have had probably a half dozen completions taken away over the course of my gaming career. Not once did I ever say "Why did they take it away?" or moan the fact that I was going to have to buy DLC. I always see it as a way to go back and play more in a game that I really enjoyed. I can't even really say what my first completion is because of it since I completed Fallout 3 before they came out with new DLC packs, but I don't care. I got another two days of enjoyment out of Fallout 3. Same with Raskulls, Dragon Age (yes, I did buy every piece of DLC seperately, no I didn't moan about it), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and a number of others. It was an opportunity to go back and play the games again.

Now, some will say "I completed it then traded it away," which says to me, "I didn't really value the game in the first place." Most games get their first DLC within a few months of coming out. I think only 2 games have had DLC put out more than a year after the game was released, so basically you are saying that you had the money to buy the game new, right near release, but not to get the DLC. Your actions have consequences, and in this case, not buying the DLC leads to not having 100%. You can spend all your time complaining and begrudging a system that won't bend to meet your desires, or you can suck it up, deal with it and move on.

BuzzerBeater911
07-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Why do you see it as being penalized? It isn't a punishment, it isn't even really an issue. I have had probably a half dozen completions taken away over the course of my gaming career. Not once did I ever say "Why did they take it away?" or moan the fact that I was going to have to buy DLC. I always see it as a way to go back and play more in a game that I really enjoyed. I can't even really say what my first completion is because of it since I completed Fallout 3 before they came out with new DLC packs, but I don't care. I got another two days of enjoyment out of Fallout 3. Same with Raskulls, Dragon Age (yes, I did buy every piece of DLC seperately, no I didn't moan about it), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and a number of others. It was an opportunity to go back and play the games again.

Now, some will say "I completed it then traded it away," which says to me, "I didn't really value the game in the first place." Most games get their first DLC within a few months of coming out. I think only 2 games have had DLC put out more than a year after the game was released, so basically you are saying that you had the money to buy the game new, right near release, but not to get the DLC. Your actions have consequences, and in this case, not buying the DLC leads to not having 100%. You can spend all your time complaining and begrudging a system that won't bend to meet your desires, or you can suck it up, deal with it and move on.

First of all, you say you get a chance to go back and play the games you loved. What about the games you didn't really like? Now if your a completionist you have to go back and play it again, even though you didn't like it originally.

Also, why do you assume everyone buys their game new? I rent most of my games, and sometimes I borrow them, so I don't really keep the games I play for very long.

Capn Doug
07-17-2011, 06:54 AM
First of all, you say you get a chance to go back and play the games you loved. What about the games you didn't really like? Now if your a completionist you have to go back and play it again, even though you didn't like it originally.

If you don't like the game, why are you playing it long enough to get the 1000? I'm a completionist, and I can't stand Halo. I play it every so often with friends, but it came free with my system. As a result, I don't have the full gamerscore in it. Why are you wasting your time on a game you don't like just to get the 1000?

TVthePunisher
07-17-2011, 07:03 AM
If you don't like the game, why are you playing it long enough to get the 1000? I'm a completionist, and I can't stand Halo. I play it every so often with friends, but it came free with my system. As a result, I don't have the full gamerscore in it. Why are you wasting your time on a game you don't like just to get the 1000?

Here is something I have to agree with. I was given Dark Sector as a gift and while I thought it may have had some potential later on, I didn't really get into it...which is evidenced by only having a single achievement for the game. I didn't force myself to keep playing, rather I just stopped all together and ended up trading it in eventually. This is the same case with Army of Two, a game I dislike very much because of how it controls...I only earned two achievements and I'll likely never pick it up again. Hell, I played only mere minutes of Kane and Lynch and I was disgusted with it.

Now the only games I'd waste my time on for a 1000G would be easy games, such as sports titles. I personally don't really care for sports that much, save basketball...but even then I hate sports games in general. But some of them are some pretty easy gamerscore titles that I could stomach long enough to get the 1000G off of it and get rid of it. Yes, I'm going to admit it right now as soon as I can get ahold of Avatar: the Burning Earth I'm going to get that 1000G. Shameful, maybe...but I could use that quick boost. I only have to play a few minutes of the game to finish it...and if, for some reason, I decided to venture further...I'd probably only get to the end of the level or so. I'm also picking up King Kong, which I heard by various sources has terrible controls but can be completed in a relatively short time...and I'd even suffer through Yaris if I could for the free 200G. But if I don't like a game just from renting it to see what it's like, I'm not going to bother finishing it.

So really...what I'm trying to get at is there are two types of games I dislike: ones that I play and don't really care to finish and ones that I know I'll dislike but am playing to get the easy gamerscore.

Hitchman
07-17-2011, 08:12 AM
I always count my DLC as part of the completion percentage, even if I havent played the DLC.

BuzzerBeater911
07-17-2011, 09:26 AM

I don't necessarily finish the games I don't like. Sometimes though, I'll play most of the way through a game and end up starting to really get bored of it and just get annoyed by it. I'll have 800 gamerscore in it, so I might as well just get the 1000, but that's it.

Tufty
07-17-2011, 11:35 AM

Should DLC achievements be added if we don't own the DLC? No. But that's the way it is.

PS: Skyrim is not an extension of Oblivion, it is a sequel. As in as a separate game. Shivering Isles was an extension to Oblivion.

I agree with everything that Dac just said.

Capn Doug
07-17-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't necessarily finish the games I don't like. Sometimes though, I'll play most of the way through a game and end up starting to really get bored of it and just get annoyed by it. I'll have 800 gamerscore in it, so I might as well just get the 1000, but that's it.

So you don't like the game, but finish it anyway. I admit that I did that with Terminator Salvation and Backyard Football, but why does it matter that you have 100% in a game you don't like? Isn't it more important to finish the games you like rather than finishing the games you don't?

BuzzerBeater911
07-18-2011, 02:57 AM
So you don't like the game, but finish it anyway. I admit that I did that with Terminator Salvation and Backyard Football, but why does it matter that you have 100% in a game you don't like? Isn't it more important to finish the games you like rather than finishing the games you don't?

Idk, for me I just like to complete a game if I get close to finishing it. And by the way this is getting way off topic..

katesith
07-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Only if you didn't buy it. Otherwise, it should be.

Xprimentyl
08-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry, those who think the games' full AVAILABLE GS should count as its base total make some interesting arguments, but I still feel DLC achievements should NOT be counted towards the total if you don't own it. I think if you play a game to death, earn the full, on-disc 1000, it's all you should be held accountable for unless you CHOOSE to purchase any DLC the game offers.

The fact is, pretty much since the inception of the untintended meta-game that is achievements the has turned many of us into "achievement whores," devs have used achievements as a means to keep people playing their games beyond their actual "fun" life span (i.e: "kill a million of this, collect a billion of that, etc;") DLC achievements function in much the same way. When we see 100% drop out of completion out of the blue, some of us feel compelled to earn it back = buy DLC = play games we were done with. If DLC achievements waited to be counted against us until the content was recognized on the system, many of us would likely realize that the games likely aren't worth buying the DLC and spending more hours grinding away on a game we're "done" with. We wouldn't buy DLC. Becuase of that, to the hardcore "count every point" crowd, they'll likely never change the format.

Stewart
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Personally, I think that DLC should never really count towards completion %

However, if this was the case, no one would buy it and the companies wouldnt make as much money, so I think that it should only really be included towards your completion % if you've played it, since people dont have the money to buy all the dlc for all the games they have.

Stewart
08-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Oh and sorry for the double post, if this doesnt merge with my last one, but I think the poll should have a "no" option as well.

Tom115
08-02-2011, 07:24 PM
No. But it always will be. Just join TrueAchievements and change the settings so it isn't included then you can have your true completion percentage :).

DevilWoman76
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I think it would be unfair to force people to buy the DLC just to complete the overall game % and possibly an achievement.

x GrumpyNinja x
08-02-2011, 08:26 PM
as i voted it should count if u play the dlc. when i 1000 a game and it has dlc achevs and i dont have it or want to play it i count it as completed. i dont think games should be updated with the dlc achevs if you did not purchase it.

SpongebobRoundpants
08-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I say if you buy the DLC then it should count

Achelous
08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
In my opinion it should only count when you actually buy the DLC. That's also when the achievements should be added to the list, not before you even buy it. But I can see why they do it this way. People don't like locked achievements in their list, so they will buy the DLC for it. If those locked achievements won't appear, less people will buy the DLC.

Rickmassacre
08-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I think if you dont own the DLC then it should count as a 100%
if you've played the DLC then no it shouldn't
like myself i bought borderlands got the full 1015 base
but i dont fancy buying the DLC my mate did that with his MS Points and spent 30
i'd rather buy the GOTY for like 10-15
but it should come up as 100% if you havent played it on your GT

igor5618
08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Imo they should only be include. If you play for stats or leaderbords they are part of game but if you don't you don't play for stats you don't care for DLC's & GS too.

Blitz MMCCV
08-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I voted, Yes, but only if you play the DLC. I would of voted No altogether if it was an option.

bloodkiller15
08-04-2011, 10:55 PM
ugh bioshock 1 beat game without using vita chambers damn that free dlc DAMN IT!!!!!!!! other that that i should have the game 100% also resident evil 5. same problem with add on dlc

Coorhagon
08-04-2011, 11:52 PM

Not True. Most people have other expenses and have a finite amount of money to spend on games per year. If a person can afford 10 games a year ($600) than if you buy DLC that means less moneygoing to retail games. You have to remember not everyone is rich and many have families and homes and other expenses besides games.

Also, the completion list and achievement lists don't show 0/1000 if you did not purchase the retail game so why should it show up like that if you didn't purchase the DLC?

I rent games and many I 1000/1000 (ex. Dante's Inferno). I am not going to get DLC and then rent the game again just to get a few more gamerscore when I can just rent another retail game. Also I am not going to buy DLC for a game I don't own.

Definitly agree if you don't purchase the DLC and play it at least once it should not show.

KillerBEA
08-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Regardless if you have the DLC or not it should count. For me it its just more time with the game if the game sucked ie brink then oh well; More cursing. If I liked the game ie Bad company 2 its more time with a game I like. its not like DLC is overly expensive either. If you can afford 2 bargain bin games then you can afford a points card. You rented? Cool rent it again and buy the DLC. If you have cash to blow on gamerscore games you have cash for DLC. You rented you still blew cash on it....

Der Fuhrer
08-05-2011, 01:46 AM
I think only one is really possible, the second choice. I don't think it is possible for someone to come up with a system to make it so only achievements from DLCs you play appear in your history unless it is done personally by each person on pen and paper or on a calculator which I think is a giant waste of time.

Mercury
08-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Yeah I agree with the OP. I don't like how it adds DLC to the achievement list even though you haven't bought it. For example, I have 1000 on Phantasy Star, but there's no way I'm going to subscribe to a monthly MMO fee just to get the other 250. And it also sucks when a complete game is taken out of your list, like when I had 1000 on Reach.

So yes, I agree with those people who think its lame when DLC achievements are added even though the DLC isn't purchased.

And I know I shouldn't go here, but I'm pretty sick of people who post on threads just to rip the OP or to complain that it's a topic that has been discussed before. Just STFU and don't post if you have nothing to say relevant to the topic. I think it's a great thread.

Corrupt.
08-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Ooh, an exiting new debate :rolleyes:

Capn Doug
08-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Not True. Most people have other expenses and have a finite amount of money to spend on games per year. If a person can afford 10 games a year ($600) than if you buy DLC that means less moneygoing to retail games. You have to remember not everyone is rich and many have families and homes and other expenses besides games.

Also, the completion list and achievement lists don't show 0/1000 if you did not purchase the retail game so why should it show up like that if you didn't purchase the DLC?

I rent games and many I 1000/1000 (ex. Dante's Inferno). I am not going to get DLC and then rent the game again just to get a few more gamerscore when I can just rent another retail game. Also I am not going to buy DLC for a game I don't own.

So instead of playing 10 brand new games a year, play nine and immerse yourself more deeply in them. That is the point of DLC. It makes you revisit a game you liked, and extract more enjoyment out of it. If DLC is just a source of gamerscore, you are doing it wrong. I love how people plead poverty when DLC is out, but have no problem dropping $60 on a brand new game. $60/1000g is 18g/$1, DLC is $10/250g or 25g/$1. Which is more cost effective?

And the reason why you don't have a 0/1000 for every game is because that's not the point of your gamertag. It is there to show people what you play, not just what you have achievements in. It is also there to show how you played and what you enjoyed. If you have 0/1000, you played the game, but didn't enjoy it enough to progress to the point where you got an achievement. Believe it or not, you tag does tell a story. And if you have 1000/1250, it tells a different story.

As for renting, it you have enough money to rent, you have enough money for the DLC. Really, it is not a hardship to pay for DLC, unless all you care about is the $/g ratio. And if that is the case, you have far bigger issues to worry about than whether or not the game is complete.

Yeah I agree with the OP. I don't like how it adds DLC to the achievement list even though you haven't bought it. For example, I have 1000 on Phantasy Star, but there's no way I'm going to subscribe to a monthly MMO fee just to get the other 250. And it also sucks when a complete game is taken out of your list, like when I had 1000 on Reach.

The 1250 isn't hard, it is just itme consuming. And if the Monthly fee is the problem, depending on who you ask, you can probably get it done in a month (depending on available time, I've heard 90 hours to get to level 90). So, you are spending $10 on a subscription for a month, just like you are paying $10 for a DLC pack (there is a reason it is a free download). And if you have friends playing the MMO, it is actually kind of fun.

berserk4brick69
08-05-2011, 07:34 AM
I dont think we should be forced to buy a DLC just to complete a game. We should have a choice when we go online if we want the dlc achievements added. Some people don t want the dlc as they may not have liked the game but wanted to complete the achievements so it looks good.

Coorhagon
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
And the reason why you don't have a 0/1000 for every game is because that's not the point of your gamertag. It is there to show people what you play, not just what you have achievements in. It is also there to show how you played and what you enjoyed. If you have 0/1000, you played the game, but didn't enjoy it enough to progress to the point where you got an achievement. Believe it or not, you tag does tell a story. And if you have 1000/1250, it tells a different story.

The key phrase here is "to show people what you play...". Thanks for proving my point. I didn't play the DLC, so why would it show people that I have? I did not play it therefor it should not be there, just like if I don't play a retail game it will not show.

Capn Doug
08-05-2011, 04:25 PM
The key phrase here is "to show people what you play...". Thanks for proving my point. I didn't play the DLC, so why would it show people that I have? I did not play it therefor it should not be there, just like if I don't play a retail game it will not show.

Why do you think that DLC is something completely seperate from the game in the disc? It is an extention of the on disc game (and often something that was not finished in time for the game to ship), therefore, it is included in the achievement list. There is no reason not to include DLC when discussing the game.

If you need me to spell out the story, I will do it. If I look through your tag and see 1000/1000 in Civilization Revolution, for example, I know you have completed it and I know that you enjoyed it enough to put in the effort to complete it. The same would hold true for every game that has no DLC. Your system of not including the DLC puts the responsibility on me to translate your story. If I see 1000/1000 on Dante's Inferno, for example, I might have the same reaction as Civ if I didn't know that there was DLC out for the game. I don't get the whole story. I don't get the fact that you finished it before the DLC came out because you rented or traded it and didn't like it enough to go back once the DLC was released. I don't get that you were too cheap to pay for the DLC. I don't even know that it is incomplete unless I know that the game had DLC achievements. It basically defeates the purpose of the gamertag, which is showing what and how you play.

And, given the number of Arcade games you have downloaded, you really have no way of justifying not buying DLC. Some can't buy it because of a small hard drive, or poor internet connections or an inability to get MSP, but you have proved that you have none of those problems. Any complaint is really just hypocricy.

Vindicator51
08-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I have no problems with DLC adding to the existing score, but some games i just don't bother buying extensions for.

Dante's Inferno is one of those games. I don't care about the horrible Trials addition to the game, but i've accepted that i'll never have it fully completed.

HugTheBear
08-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I agree with the 2nd post in this thread. Took my thoughts right outta my mind.

MakoBallistic
08-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Definitley only if you play it, although that will never happen as its one of Microsofts many ways of making people who really care about the 100% buy more content.

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
08-05-2011, 09:29 PM
only if you download and play the dlc

Coorhagon
08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Why do you think that DLC is something completely seperate from the game in the disc? It is an extention of the on disc game (and often something that was not finished in time for the game to ship), therefore, it is included in the achievement list. There is no reason not to include DLC when discussing the game.

And, given the number of Arcade games you have downloaded, you really have no way of justifying not buying DLC. Some can't buy it because of a small hard drive, or poor internet connections or an inability to get MSP, but you have proved that you have none of those problems. Any complaint is really just hypocricy.

My opinion is not hypocritical. And I am finding it kind of humorous that you feel so strongly about this subject. Do you work for some sort of marketing team for Xbox? You sure are advocating spending money on DLC. Personally I only buy DLC and arcade games when they go on sale.

And no matter how much you tell me I am wrong you are not going to convince me or any others that our opinion is incorrect. As you can most people on this thread agree they should not show unless purchased.

Capn Doug
08-05-2011, 10:16 PM
My opinion is not hypocritical. And I am finding it kind of humorous that you feel so strongly about this subject. Do you work for some sort of marketing team for Xbox? You sure are advocating spending money on DLC. Personally I only buy DLC and arcade games when they go on sale.

And no matter how much you tell me I am wrong you are not going to convince me or any others that our opinion is incorrect. As you can most people on this thread agree they should not show unless purchased.

You are willing to spend money on a downloadable arcade game, but not on a DLC chapter for a game. There really isn't that much difference between and arcade game and DLC. The only difference is that you need another game to play the DLC. And yet you find one accceptable, and the other not. It seems more like you don't like being reminded that you are cheap. And really, if you are waiting until the product goes on sale, where there is little to no profit involved, why should the system cater to you? If you are not contributing to the system, should it bend to support your whims?

And no, I don't work for Microsoft, but I did work in marketing. The big thing is that people seem to think that the inclusion of DLC achievements is some sort of profit seeking venture. If your marketing strategy is based on achievements, you will fail. Game Room probably used achievements as a marketting strategy more than any other game, and the developer went bankrupt. Not because people rebelled against Krome studios over the practice, but because they weren't offering a good product, and the achievements didn't change that.

Also, you said "the majority of the people in this thread agree," which is true, but like 1000/1000 without DLC it doesn't tell the whole story. Yes, some 75% agree with you in this thread, but I think that if you did it as a random poll, you would find that the results were 90% "I don't care, the system seems to work fine, I guess." It is the fallacy of the vocal minority that you are hiding behind.

If you want to declare the game finished after you get the retail 1000, go ahead, I won't stop you. Just don't expect the rest of the world to agree with you that the game is done.

Coorhagon
08-05-2011, 10:49 PM
You are willing to spend money on a downloadable arcade game, but not on a DLC chapter for a game. There really isn't that much difference between and arcade game and DLC. The only difference is that you need another game to play the DLC. And yet you find one accceptable, and the other not. It seems more like you don't like being reminded that you are cheap. And really, if you are waiting until the product goes on sale, where there is little to no profit involved, why should the system cater to you? If you are not contributing to the system, should it bend to support your whims?

And no, I don't work for Microsoft, but I did work in marketing. The big thing is that people seem to think that the inclusion of DLC achievements is some sort of profit seeking venture. If your marketing strategy is based on achievements, you will fail. Game Room probably used achievements as a marketting strategy more than any other game, and the developer went bankrupt. Not because people rebelled against Krome studios over the practice, but because they weren't offering a good product, and the achievements didn't change that.

If you want to declare the game finished after you get the retail 1000, go ahead, I won't stop you. Just don't expect the rest of the world to agree with you that the game is done.

Figures you were in marketing. Marketing people are always trying price gouge people to death and are always defending litlle schemes to scrape every penny out of people.

You may call me cheap but I call it family responsibilty and higher priorities.

I declare all my 1000/1000 complete games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy?

Capn Doug
08-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Figures you were in marketing. Marketing people are always trying price gouge people to death and are always defending litlle schemes to scrape every penny out of people.

You may call me cheap but I call it family responsibilty and higher priorities.

I declare all my 1000/1000 complete games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy?

Price gouging... not sure I would agree with that assessment. It is about maximizing exposure. Exposure leads to sales, so long as you don't completely scew it up.

You said it right there, though. Higher priorities. Clearly 100%s are not high on your priority list. Remember, I checked your tag for the purposes of this discussion. They are not high on your priority list. If they are low on your priority list, why are you wanting to change the system to make things easier on you for something that isn't a priority?.

CraziedZombies
08-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Only if you play the DLC really because not everyone can afford every single DLC pack or maps or single player expansions and so thoughs games that you don't have the other 250Gplus in should be counted towards your completions percent.

Mercury
08-06-2011, 12:22 AM
The 1250 isn't hard, it is just itme consuming. And if the Monthly fee is the problem, depending on who you ask, you can probably get it done in a month (depending on available time, I've heard 90 hours to get to level 90). So, you are spending $10 on a subscription for a month, just like you are paying $10 for a DLC pack (there is a reason it is a free download). And if you have friends playing the MMO, it is actually kind of fun.

Well I have no friends who play that shat game. Nor do I ever want to play it again. But if the DLC is free then I might be down to just complete the damn thing for once.

But for real dude, you and Coorhagon need to get a room. No offense bro, but if you look at the results of this poll you're in the minority. Its stupid to include DLC in achievement lists. Its like making up some record for something you've never done. Like my win record in marathons. Which is zero. Because I don't fucking run marathons. Anyone who is a big enough douche to run around saying "Matt has a 0 win record in marathons!" just looks like an idiot.

And claiming that DLC is the same as arcade games is equally questionable. Like claiming some new rims on my car is the same as a motorcycle (i.e. an optional upgrade is the same thing as new). Arcade games are entirely different. They are standalone games, not extensions of other retail games. They may cost around the same, but are nowhere near the same in meaning.

Edit: I'm sorry if that looks like a flame. Didn't mean for it to come off as that. Just trying to defend my stance on this topic.

Rep
08-06-2011, 12:30 AM
I think it should only be added if you purchase it, like the way it is now. I usually tend not to buy it if I don't have the game anymore, and don't feel like going to rent it.

Coorhagon
08-06-2011, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE=Mercury;4405581]
But for real dude, you and Coorhagon need to get a room. No offense bro, but if you look at the results of this poll you're in the minority. Its stupid to include DLC in achievement lists. Its like making up some record for something you've never done. Like my win record in marathons. Which is zero. Because I don't fucking run marathons. Anyone who is a big enough douche to run around saying "Matt has a 0 win record in marathons!" just looks like an idiot.

QUOTE]

Hilarious! LOL

Sampson
08-06-2011, 01:30 AM
There's not much variety there. My 2 options are Yes or yes. How about a NO option?

Capn Doug
08-06-2011, 01:38 AM

True, but there is a difference between saying you have finished 0 marathons and saying "I ran 20 miles, that should count." You have still completed 0 marathons, but at least you aren't whining to change the rules to suit your needs.

Mercury
08-06-2011, 03:13 AM
True, but there is a difference between saying you have finished 0 marathons and saying "I ran 20 miles, that should count." You have still completed 0 marathons, but at least you aren't whining to change the rules to suit your needs.

No dude. DLC that you don't own are automatically added to your list and counted against you.

If you ran twenty miles, thats great. If the goal is to run 20 miles, you achieved your goal. If, then, the definition of a twenty mile run is changed to a 25 mile run, thats bullshit. Thats what the addition of DLC achievements, regardless of whether or not you own (or subscribe to it) does. It takes away your completion of a goal (running 20 miles, or 1000/1000) automatically and makes you subscribe, whether you like it or not, to a longer "race" (25 miles, 1000/1250).

Your example made it sound like you got 800/1000, therefore you whine and say you deserve a complete. Not so. Perhaps a better example for you: Imagine crossing a finish line, only to have some people round you up (5 minutes later, maybe an hour later, shit, maybe even a week later) and say "Oh sorry, race is extended 5 miles, you gotta go there now to finish." Don't tell me the first thought that crossed your mind wouldn't be "Are you f*cking kidding me?!" Now, if they distinguished people from running the 20 mile, and running the 25 mile, that would be okay in my book. "I completed the 20 mile, the original race. I did not opt to complete the extra 5 miles." Or, "I completed the extra 5 miles." Both are legit. Both are completions. Both deserve medals, because the original race was specified at 20 miles.

Imagine if all the people who could not run the extra 5 because of relocation (renting and returning a game) or injury (not having the money to buy DLC) were penalized and had their medals stripped. I'm sorry dude, but that's total horse shit.

ONCE AGAIN: Trying to keep this civilized. I do not mean to come off trying to flame Capn Doug. He has his opinion, I have mine.

Capn Doug
08-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Mercury, I'm not seeing it as flaming, this is one of the more respectful heated arguments that I have had in years. And in some cases, I would agree with your assessment of the changing finish line. Hell, we had one today with Worms 2, since the game has been out for over 2 years and it is just now getting new DLC. But in this day and age, it is reasonable to expect that every AAA title is going to have some level of DLC. Call of Duty has a stellar opening week and they announce that there will be new maps coming soon. It is not like you can't see it coming. DLC gets announced within a week of launch, usually.

Let's give you some examples from my collection. Fallout 3 was the first game I ever 100%ed, but it ws taken away by new DLC. I didn't get irritated, I just went and got the DLC, and (shock of shocks) enjoyed playing the game again. Fallout New Vegas was complete, but it isn't anymore. I will get the DLC eventually, because I enjoyed the game. There has only been one DLC pack that I really regretted buying, but that was more because I felt I overpaid.

But let's use the example of our friend Coorhagon (I would have used your tag, but it has only PSU as an example, and that isn't a good example of anything). Let's look at the completions he was robbed of by new DLC. Black Ops? No, it was 1450 when he finished it. Can't claim the finish line was move, there. Same with Dante's Inferno, completed it 3 months after the DLC was released. I'm actually struggling to find any game where he had the 100% and then lost it to DLC (well, maybe Dragon Age, but there are no date stamps). It isn't about changing where the finish line is, in that case, it is about arguing over where it should be.

You know there is going to be DLC, you even know that it is already available, you can't claim it was sprung on you. There have only been two cases where I would say people were actually robbed of a completion by DLC: Mass Effect and Worms 2. Both for the same reason, that the DLC came out long after the game. Other than that, suck it up. If you didn't enjoy the game enough to buy the DLC, you didn't enjoy it enough to get a completion.

Mercury
08-06-2011, 09:00 PM
That's actually a very good argument Doug. You typically CAN see DLC coming. I knew it would happen with Halo: Reach, still sucks to see it removed from my list though. I really do see your point, and it seems that you have gotten mine.

Good argument bro; we simply agree to disagree, we both have good points, and neither of us ended up calling the other a d-bag. Hit me up sometime on Xbox Live if you want to, tag is SoInsanelySUPER.

Edit: However, lmao, I still think its BS to add something I don't own to my achievement list, which is a list of things I have actually played. If you don't play Halo 3, it doesn't show up on your achievement list, right? Why should a DLC that you have neither played nor bought be added?

Slightlykrazy
08-06-2011, 09:55 PM
It's only fair, I dont want to spend 15+ dollars to have it completed.

Capn Doug
08-07-2011, 02:08 AM
That's actually a very good argument Doug. You typically CAN see DLC coming. I knew it would happen with Halo: Reach, still sucks to see it removed from my list though. I really do see your point, and it seems that you have gotten mine.

Good argument bro; we simply agree to disagree, we both have good points, and neither of us ended up calling the other a d-bag. Hit me up sometime on Xbox Live if you want to, tag is SoInsanelySUPER.

Edit: However, lmao, I still think its BS to add something I don't own to my achievement list, which is a list of things I have actually played. If you don't play Halo 3, it doesn't show up on your achievement list, right? Why should a DLC that you have neither played nor bought be added?

Argh! Halo 3! My one weakness! I actually keep a seperate completion rate in my database because of Halo 3. Mostly because I would not want to pay for the DLC when I don't really like the game. Campaign co-op is fun, but the vs multiplayer leaves a lot to be desired, and the frat boy mentality of the average player doesn't help (I like assassinating people while they are teabagging, just to teach them). As a result, I have 6 different completion rates (Achievements and gamerscore as listed on xbox.com, factoring out the DLC I don't own and unachieveables and then factoring in all the games I own but haven't played). Doing something like that allows me to see what effect every factor has on my completion rate. And then there is the x360a completion rate (the profile doesn't actually recognize that games were deleted).

Then again, I am borrowing ODST from a friend soon, so that completion rate may be only factoring in the DDRU3 unachievables.

Dexter010
08-07-2011, 05:05 AM
I've voted for: Yes, only if you have played the dlc.
This, because it can ruin your completion % if you have sold the game before you even know if there is some dlc for it.