PDA

View Full Version : Microsotf: We Have "Superior" First Party Exclusives

II M1CK3H II
07-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Anyone else find this as laughable as I do?

I would ask you to go and look at some of your data just to compare first party performance over the course of this lifecycle, because I think our first party performance in terms of quality bars and units per title this shift has been superior to our competition's.

You can’t dispute titles like Forza, which has consistently come out on a repeated cadence and sold multi-million units. You can’t dispute things like Fable, which again, on a very consistent pace, has come out and sold two and three million units a pop.

And now new titles, like Kinect Sports, which has come out and sold over three million units. So we are, not only building existing IP and incubating around titles like Halo and others, but really building new IP in new areas. And that's going to be core to us... to build those experiences and monetise those.

SOURCE (http://www.dealspwn.com/microsoft-superior-party-exclusives-70045)

I'm not a racing fan, so other than Forza, the only games which have left a mark on me are... well... Halo CE... but that was last gen. In terms of console exclusives, there are quite a few, Gears, some RPGs, ME1, etc. None of them are first party tough, as the developers make games for other consoles as well.

Sony and Nintendo on the other hand, have quite a lot.

M$ have a very strange attitude when it comes to core gamers these days, and this interview is basically making a mockery out of them.

Edit: And yes, I spelled Microsoft wrong, I am a retard.

StillTIPPIN187
07-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Yea MS has crap exclusives IMO..

BUT, outta everyone of those exclusives, They sell far better than any PS3 exclusive title.

They are seeing this from a business stand point, they're like why the fuck should we make more new and awesome IPs when we already make a shitload of the ones we have? we will just keep rehashing and rehashing.

Not to mention they tried putting out and new and exciting IPs, ahemmm ALAN WAKE, but for some reason they considered that a top and well known title and didn't market it for shit thus it selling like shit.. so im sure that discouraged them even more to make better exclusives.

Oh well, the only reason i own a ps3 is for exclusives so im happy either way. but i would love some amazing MS exclusives other than halo forza and gears.. i can't even stand gears..

Wildmn34
07-16-2011, 04:44 PM
The only exclusive that PS3 has that has made me even remotely itch to try the PS3 is Uncharted. After that there's nothing that interests me. Resistance looks ok, but it's a shooter and I have many shooters the way it is.

Nintendo has nothing I'm interested in either. Aside from Zelda and that would only hold my interest for about an hour.

Microsoft has: Left for Dead, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, Fable, and Gears for me. I'm just not a Halo guy.

Instead of this being a bash the other systems thread. I, as a consumer, know what I bought the console that fit those needs. I have nothing against Sony or Nintendo. Their systems/games just don't do it for me.

irJessica
07-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Xbox has Mass Effect 1.
Enough said :)

Call of D00KIE
07-16-2011, 04:54 PM
I have both systems so I'll try not to be biased but PS3 has the Uncharted series which is the best game I have ever played. They also have Killzone which I prefer Halo and have far better exclusives.

TheRedComet
07-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Not to mention they tried putting out and new and exciting IPs, ahemmm ALAN WAKE, but for some reason they considered that a top and well known title and didn't market it for shit thus it selling like shit.. so im sure that discouraged them even more to make better exclusives.

Really? Seemed to me that everywhere I looked before that game came out there was something about Alan Wake going on. I go on a gaming site Alan Wake banners and previews, I go into Gamestop Alan Wake posters and standees everywhere, I turn on the 360 and Alan Wake ads on the dashboard. Seemed to me like they marketed the hell outta that game. I think it didn't sell well because it simply wasn't that good for the time it took to produce.

StillTIPPIN187
07-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Xbox has Mass Effect 1.

So does PC.

Really? Seemed to me that everywhere I looked before that game came out there was something about Alan Wake going on. I go on a gaming site Alan Wake banners and previews, I go into Gamestop Alan Wake posters and standees everywhere, I turn on the 360 and Alan Wake ads on the dashboard. Seemed to me like they marketed the hell outta that game. I think it didn't sell well because it simply wasn't that good for the time it took to produce.

I dont remember seeing any of that but ok, MS marketed that game to the hardcore gamer.. The one that scourges gaming sites and trades in their games to gamestop for chunk change..

What about the casual gamer? You know the same ppl that make CoD sell the way it does. The Casual gamer that only goes into gamestop once a year to pick up the midnight release of the newest CoD game.

There were no TV Commercials for them.. There was no Advertisements on popular sites apart from these gaming sites you speak of.. Casual gamers dont go on gaming sites..

Not to mention, the morons at MSGS released it on the same day as RDR.

If it was marketed like you said, it was still done wrong.

sleepydumbdude
07-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Many of the exclusive xbox games that I like come to PC eventually. I don't like PC games but if I were to buy only one system just for the exclusives then xbox wouldn't be it.

I actually like the PS3 exclusives better Uncharted series, God of War 3, and little big planet better and I don't even own one. I just played all those games over at a friends house.

institutions
07-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
I, for one, prefer Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon to Halo, Gears, and Forza.

Honestly, I can't think of one 360 exclusive that i've enjoyed and stands out to me :confused:

TheRedComet
07-16-2011, 06:55 PM
I dont remember seeing any of that but ok, MS marketed that game to the hardcore gamer.. The one that scourges gaming sites and trades in their games to gamestop for chunk change..

What about the casual gamer? You know the same ppl that make CoD sell the way it does. The Casual gamer that only goes into gamestop once a year to pick up the midnight release of the newest CoD game.

There were no TV Commercials for them.. There was no Advertisements on popular sites apart from these gaming sites you speak of.. Casual gamers dont go on gaming sites..

Not to mention, the morons at MSGS released it on the same day as RDR.

If it was marketed like you said, it was still done wrong.

First off are you really trying to insult me over this? Is it THAT big of a deal? So because I saw an ad for Alan Wake on a site such as Gamefaqs or Gametrailers I "sourge gaming sites" 24/7 or something? Well you're on this website with me brosef. And because I buy stuff from Gamestop so I just let them rip me off whenever I feel like? Calm the fuck down. This is a message board, not an MW2 lobby.

Secondly, it's pretty obvious Alan Wake was not intended for casual gamers. Do you really think they would try to target the dude how buys two games a year, Madden and CoD, with a "psychological action thriller"? No I don't think so. Alan Wake is a niche game, a niche game that's EXCLUSIVE to one console so obviously it didn't have the best chance of breaking any sales records.

And thirdly, all of my gaming friends, casual or "hardcore" knew full well about Alan Wake, but only one of them bought it, me. The game either didn't appeal to them or they didn't think it looked that good. In the end I don't think it was that good so I have to say that because of that it didn't sell all to well along with it's niche style.

jules the great
07-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Xbox has Mass Effect 1.
Yes yes and yes...Greatest RPG/Shooter series for me. I have played and replayed that game so many times just to form new characters and decisions for ME2, and ME3.
I like the exclusives tho for both systems, the only PS3 exclusive that I say that I could not have lived without was Heavy Rain. Incredible game, none like it. Resistence, Killzone...those have been done before, just a difference title.

DarkReign2021
07-16-2011, 07:39 PM
That is really quite arrogant for MS to say. I'm an Xbox man. Highly loyal to the Xbox and have been since it came out, but to sit there and think MS has superior 1st party titles is naive. In terms of exclusives, I will say we probably have the best variety and selection and multi-platform games tend to be superior on the 360 in my experience, but lets be fair. Even if you're not personally a fan, Nintendo has the superior 1st party lineup. Always has. Always will. That's about the ONLY thing Ninty has going for it. Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, Pikmin, WiiSports, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Kirby, etc... That's just naming off some of the more current series. That's not even getting into the old classics like BattleToads, Kid Icarus, Earthbound, ExciteBike, Duck Hunt, Wario, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Harvest Moon, Tales of *****, etc...

I would say compared to that Microsoft and their Halo, Fable, Forza, Gears of War, Alan Wake, and Mass Effect 1 don't really stand much of a chance in comparison.

MxPx
07-16-2011, 07:43 PM
The only PS3 exclusive that I found remotely enjoyable was Fat Princess.

And Forza is an amazing game. Forza 4 is going to make GT5 look like a joke. But its okay...when they come out with GT6 in 2016 or so, and Forza 6 is already out...maybe, just maybe they'll be able to bring GT6 to the level of Forza 4 by then. lol

As for Nintendo...I don't believe Sony nor Microsoft consider Nintendo a competitor, as they cater to a much different market.

DarkReign2021
07-16-2011, 08:05 PM
As for Nintendo...I don't believe Sony nor Microsoft consider Nintendo a competitor, as they cater to a much different market.

I used to think the same thing. Than they came out with Move and Kinect and I realized they actually feel threatened by Nintendo. Not because they're worried about losing their own fanbase, but because they realize Nintendo is able to produce hardware and games for cheap, than turn around and sell them to an enormous fanbase that isn't nearly is finicky or demanding. MS and Sony pump out billions every year attempting to create games that will live up to the standards of these super-nerds while Nintendo can get away with cheesy games like Wii Sports and WiiFit and sell it to people without a care in the world. Sony and MS are threatened because that's money that's not going in their pocket and that's effort they're being forced to make when they could have a fanbase that simply doesn't care.

Mister Spraggsy
07-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I think all companys have there good exclusives for there consoles.

Maybe its just because I'm an Xbox fan but I would say Halo and Gears of War are better selling exclusives.

MxPx
07-16-2011, 08:41 PM
I used to think the same thing. Than they came out with Move and Kinect and I realized they actually feel threatened by Nintendo. Not because they're worried about losing their own fanbase, but because they realize Nintendo is able to produce hardware and games for cheap, than turn around and sell them to an enormous fanbase that isn't nearly is finicky or demanding. MS and Sony pump out billions every year attempting to create games that will live up to the standards of these super-nerds while Nintendo can get away with cheesy games like Wii Sports and WiiFit and sell it to people without a care in the world. Sony and MS are threatened because that's money that's not going in their pocket and that's effort they're being forced to make when they could have a fanbase that simply doesn't care.

I view that as them trying to expand upon their user base. They saw that there is a market for the Kinect-style of play, and decided to capitalize upon it. I don't see it as them being "threatened", rather as them making wise business decisions. But the core of Xbox/PS3 play is controller based.

That's just how Microsoft operates, if you haven't noticed. They see an idea, make their own version, and attempt to take over the market.

iPod --> Zune
Android --> Windows Phones
Wii --> Kinect

Veedrock
07-16-2011, 08:41 PM
It certainly doesn't help that people continuously ignore the popularity/success of first party exclusives they don't like (most especially Kinect titles, which is clearly Microsoft's point of interest from this point on). Kinect Sports sold 3 million copies. Heavy Rain, a PS3 exclusive people are fond to bring up, has sold 2 million. It doesn't matter if you don't like it, or have no interest in Kinect, the title sold exceptionally well without your all-mighty approval, and Microsoft is going to build on it.

Suddenly the world looks brighter when you come out from under the "super-core" Halo/Gears/Fable umbrella.

ViPeR6
07-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Higher sales does not equal superior. If this interview was from 4 years ago before there were any good titles on the PS3, I would believe it, but now this is a laughable statement. Literally the only 360 exclusive (not even a first party title...) I care about is Mass Effect 1. At this point, Sony has such a huge edge with games like Demon's Souls, Uncharted, Resistance, Heavy Rain, and all of the HD remakes that should be on the 360 that I am baffled as to why Microsoft would say this....

mjc0961
07-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Anyone else find this as laughable as I do?
I find it laughable whenever any company gives one of these statements. It's always going to incur mockery and fanboy wrath. In this case, people are ignoring everything on Kinect and other franchises they don't enjoy to go "all u have is gears and halo wat r u talkin about M$ lol". Or in the case of that article, that guy totally ignored what Durkin was trying to say in order to pull useless review scores from Metacritic and say "no ur second place lol".

If Sony made a statement, people would say something like "well gud 4 u and ur long list of exclusives but call me when u sell as many as gears lol". And we all know what most people think of Nintendo.

It's nice that these companies are proud of their products, and it's nice that in this instance, the guy said what he wanted to say without outright bashing on Sony or Nintendo. But I don't know why they say these things publicly like that, because no good comes of it.

TVthePunisher
07-17-2011, 12:22 AM
That is really quite arrogant for MS to say. I'm an Xbox man. Highly loyal to the Xbox and have been since it came out, but to sit there and think MS has superior 1st party titles is naive. In terms of exclusives, I will say we probably have the best variety and selection and multi-platform games tend to be superior on the 360 in my experience, but lets be fair. Even if you're not personally a fan, Nintendo has the superior 1st party lineup. Always has. Always will. That's about the ONLY thing Ninty has going for it. Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, Pikmin, WiiSports, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Kirby, etc... That's just naming off some of the more current series. That's not even getting into the old classics like BattleToads, Kid Icarus, Earthbound, ExciteBike, Duck Hunt, Wario, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Harvest Moon, Tales of *****, etc...

I would say compared to that Microsoft and their Halo, Fable, Forza, Gears of War, Alan Wake, and Mass Effect 1 don't really stand much of a chance in comparison.

Why the stars ;>__> Tales of Bitch? lol...or is it because you share my problem and can't say Tales of Symphia or whatever (I think that's the Nintendo franchise, I know there is a Tales of something on the 360..Vespia, Vesperia...SOMETHING LIKE THAT).

mjc0961
07-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Why the stars ;>__> Tales of Bitch? lol...or is it because you share my problem and can't say Tales of Symphia or whatever (I think that's the Nintendo franchise, I know there is a Tales of something on the 360..Vespia, Vesperia...SOMETHING LIKE THAT).

He probably just meant the Tales of ___ franchise. Except that's not really a Nintendo exclusive as you pointed out, so that begs the question of why even mention it.

It kind of reminds me of when people whine that 360 shouldn't get Final Fantasy or Metal Gear because they're Sony exclusives. They've never been Sony exclusive franchises before and they still aren't now, but people act like they were and get pissy.

Burning Karma
07-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Honestly, none of the console manufactures really have great first party games, but if I were tasked with picking one, I'd probably have to say Nintendo. Also, I think some people are forgetting that exclusives aren't necesssairly first party games.

Tales of Symphonia. Great game. And the other is Vesperia. Currently playing that.

Dz06lt
07-17-2011, 12:44 AM
im suprised no one has pointed out M$ spins the article by saying "first party" because several of sonys are 2nd party devs. But yes sonly had far superior exclusives but MS titles will always sell more in the US just because of volume

Worhammer
07-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Higher sales does not equal superior. If this interview was from 4 years ago before there were any good titles on the PS3, I would believe it, but now this is a laughable statement. Literally the only 360 exclusive (not even a first party title...) I care about is Mass Effect 1. At this point, Sony has such a huge edge with games like Demon's Souls, Uncharted, Resistance, Heavy Rain, and all of the HD remakes that should be on the 360 that I am baffled as to why Microsoft would say this....
Actually, it does. 'cause at the end of the day, businesses measure things in sales. And since last I checked, both MS and Sony were businesses, more money = better.

And just because YOU don't care about the other exclusives doesn't mean nobody else does. Personally, I don't care about Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, or any of the HD Remakes that you want so much. Unless it's an HD remake of FF7, I don't give a crap.

Gears, Halo 4, Fable 4, etc. will outsell just about every Sony exclusive.

Are they better games? Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't matter though, because that's what is important and allows MS to make press releases like this.

Oh, and last I checked, the 360 has outsold the PS3 since...well, since ever.

II M1CK3H II
07-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Sales dont make it superior. The early big sales from Halo and what not were down to the 360 selling a lot more than the PS3. Now that everyone and their grandmother has a 360, any exclusive with the word "Halo" in it will sell truckloads. Same with other exclusives, as most players are bound to try something different.

Its all down to what you play really. If 3rd party titles are your thing, the 360 is generally the way to go for games developed outside Japan. Regardless of wether you like the games are not, Nintendo are definitely top of the pile first party wise. The Mario Galaxy games are the best games I've played this gen (even though the system may not be). Sony easily have the better exclusives over Microsoft as well, but it took them long enough to start releasing them. Downloadable titles are usually better on XBLA though.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Ratchet & Clank series as a PS3 exclusive. They are fantastic games.

Kryptonie360
07-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Its each to their own i love zelda, pokemon, halo, forza, killzone, gt5 etc in terms of the best quality 100% nintend win super smash brothers, mario kart, mario, pikmin they just have so many and they sell ridiculous amounts!!

StillTIPPIN187
07-17-2011, 05:42 PM
First off are you really trying to insult me over this? Is it THAT big of a deal? So because I saw an ad for Alan Wake on a site such as Gamefaqs or Gametrailers I "sourge gaming sites" 24/7 or something? Well you're on this website with me brosef. And because I buy stuff from Gamestop so I just let them rip me off whenever I feel like? Calm the fuck down. This is a message board, not an MW2 lobby.

Secondly, it's pretty obvious Alan Wake was not intended for casual gamers. Do you really think they would try to target the dude how buys two games a year, Madden and CoD, with a "psychological action thriller"? No I don't think so. Alan Wake is a niche game, a niche game that's EXCLUSIVE to one console so obviously it didn't have the best chance of breaking any sales records.

And thirdly, all of my gaming friends, casual or "hardcore" knew full well about Alan Wake, but only one of them bought it, me. The game either didn't appeal to them or they didn't think it looked that good. In the end I don't think it was that good so I have to say that because of that it didn't sell all to well along with it's niche style.

When did i try to insult you? :p

Have fun and discuss is what im doing.. I was not directing anything towards you personally, i dont know one thing about you lol.. If you fall in the hardcore gamer category, so be it.. idgaf and i really dont think anyone else does.

I wont say anything more as i dont want you thinking im insulting you or anything.

Everyone is different.

Death Metal Jim
07-17-2011, 11:55 PM
It certainly doesn't help that people continuously ignore the popularity/success of first party exclusives they don't like (most especially Kinect titles, which is clearly Microsoft's point of interest from this point on). Kinect Sports sold 3 million copies. Heavy Rain, a PS3 exclusive people are fond to bring up, has sold 2 million. It doesn't matter if you don't like it, or have no interest in Kinect, the title sold exceptionally well without your all-mighty approval, and Microsoft is going to build on it.

Suddenly the world looks brighter when you come out from under the "super-core" Halo/Gears/Fable umbrella.

Ya, and how much longer do you think the Kinect gimmick will last? Gamers ignore things like the Kinect because they want to sit down and play a game with a controller. Not jump around like a 10 year old for hours on end. Microsoft made alot of money on selling the Kinect to the casual gaming market, and if I remember correctly, that Kinect Sports crap was one of it's first releases, so of course it sold extremely well. But since then what Kinect games have sold extremely well? As far as I know, the Kinect is suffering from the same problem as the Wii, which is it was bought cause of all the hype, used for a few months, and then left to collect dust in the corner of a room. This in my opinion is why Microsoft is starting to integrate Kinect into core titles like Mass Effect 3. Trying to lure in the core gamers since the casuals probably got bored with it and went to the next flavor of the month.

As far as exclusives go, Microsoft hasn't been impressing me. I absolutely hate Halo, and I believe Gears Of War 3 will be the last in that franchise. The only new exclusive that looks interesting is that game Dark Souls. I'm currently saving my money to get a PS3 since that console is loaded with exclusives that interest me. Games like God Of War 3, Little Big Planet, and Demon Souls. Those are exclusives that peak my interest, not Halo 5000.

FlamesOfGrey
07-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Actually, it does. 'cause at the end of the day, businesses measure things in sales. And since last I checked, both MS and Sony were businesses, more money = better.

And just because YOU don't care about the other exclusives doesn't mean nobody else does. Personally, I don't care about Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, or any of the HD Remakes that you want so much. Unless it's an HD remake of FF7, I don't give a crap.

Gears, Halo 4, Fable 4, etc. will outsell just about every Sony exclusive.

Are they better games? Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't matter though, because that's what is important and allows MS to make press releases like this.

Oh, and last I checked, the 360 has outsold the PS3 since...well, since ever.

It's just a shame that if you're going on sales Nintendo has the best selling First Party exclusives not Microsoft as well as the best selling console this generation.

Worhammer
07-18-2011, 01:22 AM
It's just a shame that if you're going on sales Nintendo has the best selling First Party exclusives not Microsoft as well as the best selling console this generation.
Got any numbers to back that up? Because I can't think of any that have outsold Halo from Nintendo.

Dz06lt
07-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Got any numbers to back that up? Because I can't think of any that have outsold Halo from Nintendo.

http://arch.413chan.net/Not_Sure_if_Serious-(n1292338719834).jpg

institutions
07-18-2011, 01:50 AM

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_games_%28seventh_generation%29

:|

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Bros Brawl all outsold Halo 3.

Dz06lt
07-18-2011, 01:53 AM
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_games_%28seventh_generation%29

:|

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Bros Brawl all outsold Halo 3.

This guy laid it out pretty well in the other thread(almost identicle), however Wii sports should not count as users at least in NTSC and PAL didnt have a choice

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4363090&postcount=65

institutions
07-18-2011, 01:55 AM
This guy laid it out pretty well in the other thread(almost identicle), however Wii sports should not count as users at least in NTSC and PAL didnt have a choice

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4363090&postcount=65

Ahh, yeah :P
I had that post in mind, just forgot where it was.
Thought it was on a different forum ;D

Huge sales numbers for Nintendo.

FlamesOfGrey
07-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Darn I was beaten to posting the evidence. Companies will never stop doing this PR stuff but hopefully people will stop buying into it so much.

fax5jrj
07-18-2011, 03:57 AM

Actually, I can. Nintendo usually sells better than Xbox, considering it caters to a large variety of people. And if you wanna know, Wii Sports has sold over 60 million I think.

Worhammer
07-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Like others said, wii sports is bundled with every Wii sold. So that'd be like counting Hexic HD's sales numbers for XBLA. It's a shame NPD doesn't do game data any more, because I know Reach outsold Halo 3, it'd be interesting to see by how much (and if it did beat out any of the previously mentioned nintendo titles)

TAI JASON
07-18-2011, 07:36 AM
MS has not many exclusive games. Alan Wake is a great game, but nobody cares. Forza, well i donīt like the series and there are too many racing games on the market.

Than Halo (always the same graphics/sytem) and at last Gears of War which is the top seller and the best exclusive game. MS failed for getting exclusive games like Sony with God of War/Killzone/Uncharted/LBP or Nintendo with there Mario/Zelda games.

I got big hopes for RARE but they failed, after all i donīt know a studio working for excluvie games on Xbox...

The Dagda Mor
07-18-2011, 08:05 AM
I have been disappointed with the latest mario's and zelda's and metroid's lately. I haven't been impressed with anything the big N has done lately to be honest. I'm happy with what Xbox has had to offer. Big sales don't always mean big fun.

Sarcastro
07-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Terrible statement, Microsoft. Your first party library is quickly depreciating.

Halo has been on a downward slide with ODST and Reach. Fable 2 and 3 dropped the ball, and has brought little more than hand holding to the formula (AND NOW A RAIL SHOOTER?!?). They've lost great third party exclusives, like Mass Effect and Oblivion. Gears of War stands as their best exclusive series, IMO.

Microsoft's first party games are somewhere between a joke and non-existent. I don't hate Halo. I'll probably pick up the anniversary release. But in comparison to Nintendo and Sony, it's not even comparable. Sorry.

Not to say they haven't tried with the first Xbox. But their would-be franchise games just didn't materialize. But with Rare there, you think they would have made a bigger play with Banjo, and other platformers. They also need to bring a new IP to the game, which doesn't seem to be anything they're concentrating on.

FlamesOfGrey
07-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Like others said, wii sports is bundled with every Wii sold. So that'd be like counting Hexic HD's sales numbers for XBLA. It's a shame NPD doesn't do game data any more, because I know Reach outsold Halo 3, it'd be interesting to see by how much (and if it did beat out any of the previously mentioned nintendo titles)

Who cares if it was bundled with every Wii Sold. Halo Reach, Forza 3, and even Gears Of War had bundles whether they were limited or not. It's still a First Party Nintendo Exclusive and all companies count those sales overall in the end.

TheRedComet
07-18-2011, 12:15 PM
When did i try to insult you? :p

Have fun and discuss is what im doing.. I was not directing anything towards you personally, i dont know one thing about you lol.. If you fall in the hardcore gamer category, so be it.. idgaf and i really dont think anyone else does.

I wont say anything more as i dont want you thinking im insulting you or anything.

Everyone is different.

Ok, the way I read it made it come off like an insult. I apologize.

irJessica
07-18-2011, 12:34 PM
So does PC.

Oops I thought this was a console argument. My bad :)
Also the PC is Microsoft, so still an exclusive.

FlamesOfGrey
07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Oops I thought this was a console argument. My bad :)
Also the PC is Microsoft, so still an exclusive.

Sorry but you are wrong. PC is an open platform period (meaning it is not owned by anyone including Microsoft). Please people need to do their research. You don't need Windows to play every single PC game ever made or that will be made in the future for PC gaming development.

Just because the most commonly used OS is Windows does not mean it is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft does not directly see profit for PC games unless the game is on Games For Windows Live, PC / 360 Multiplatform or they funded, published or otherwise contributed to said PC game.

Steam for example does not pay Microsoft just because game developers for the games they sell use the Windows Operating System. If that was the case there would be no Games For Windows Live because Microsoft would be getting a major cut from Steams profit (which is probably the most popular and successful PC Gaming Service and is currently) which they are not. Steam is competition for Games For Windows Live.

AltruismIsDead
07-18-2011, 02:05 PM

/end thread!

But seriously I completely agree. Even though this current gen of systems I am an admitted 360 fan boy, it's really hard to argue against Nintendo about having the best first party titles. People can argue that that they are "kid games" but even so, just because they don't have blood and gore doesn't make them any less fun and enjoyable.

I see this thread already going off into 20 different directions... but it all comes down to taste and preference, something that people enjoy arguing about. 360, PS3, Wii, PC , every system has its share of gems and turds, and like I said arguing about what you think has the best first party support is so overdone and exhausted. It always reminds me of SNES/Genesis and elementary school debates :rolleyes:

Andreas_loel
07-18-2011, 02:32 PM
The 360 gets alot of dlc content first because MS pays up, only that should be a reason to be happy.

PS3 got 1 exclusive i really wanna see to on the 360 which is Uncharted, we are getting some MGS titles which was also a very tight kept sony exclusive. Not to forget that Playstation had Rockstar more or less all to themself, and look at it now we get gta dlc and such ahead of the rest.

Nintendo got Zelda and Mario and those two are too heavy to even hope to see on another console.

Im quite happy with what the xbox gives us, sure we could use some better adventure games and such because mostly we get americanized type games that seems to focus on guns and cars.

Burning Karma
07-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Halo has been on a downward slide with ODST and Reach. Fable 2 and 3 dropped the ball, and has brought little more than hand holding to the formula (AND NOW A RAIL SHOOTER?!?). They've lost great third party exclusives, like Mass Effect and Oblivion. Gears of War stands as their best exclusive series, IMO.
The new Fable isn't on rails.