PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a SLIM 250GB...

KAPiNG
07-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Today I was playing and my xbox just shuted off.. it was the original 360 pro 20gb.. it has humongus hours on it and I have been playing for 2 weeks nonstop since Im injured and cant work..

Today, playing online in Call of juarez BiB (OLD GAME) Xbox shuts off.. No red ring, or the power cable was just off..no led on it.

I tough overheat you know, didnt even want to open back up.. So I wait about 30 minutes and I finally start my box only to realise it was making HUGE NOISES then nothing then HUGE noises.. disk tray didnt open and my game was in there.. tought nice my CD is dead too. Then the xbox didnt display the images on my tv, not even with hdmi or components.

Finally took a screw driver open up the tray get my disk to find its ok and the xbox was running and making some grinding noise..

Its in the garbage and got a new slim.

Opinion, silent and compact.
BAD: no HD component cable! What the heck microsoft! Now Im on my HDMI cable and the new little mike they gave me. I can barelly hear plps talking and I cant plug my turtlebeack with a hdmi and dont want to play on low def.

Microsoft sells there components 60$ well I ordered the same ones on ebay for 6$.

Thanks for my rant
Joey

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
07-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Why not use hdmi cable, buy a 20$ adapter picture will look better and you have your headset just like my set up

mjc0961
07-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Didn't you keep the cables and headset from your old 360? I know for sure that the video output plug on the 360 and 360 S are the same, so if you already had component cables, you didn't need to buy new ones. And I'm guessing you did if you were previously playing in HD and using your turtlebeach headset.

Anyway, MS stopped including component cables a long time ago. They did it back when they were still making and selling the old 360 models. It sucks, but I guess it saves them a little money which is probably money worth saving since most people just go for HDMI these days.

DEFCON 1
07-17-2011, 01:07 AM
towel trick it with the box standing up not laying down. Had problems with the video instead of the xclamp i just did this no problems since. Should of waited a few more months for the christmas slim deal more than likely gonna be the 250gb bundle with reach and fable 3 for the $300.

A ZombieTwinkie
07-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Just go and buy yourself one of these: Amazon.com: RCA Audio Cable Adapter for XBOX 360 + Slim: Video Games

That's what I did when I bought my Turtle Beaches years ago and had only the HDMI cord.

Giptuc
07-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Today I was playing and my xbox just shuted off.. it was the original 360 pro 20gb.. it has humongus hours on it and I have been playing for 2 weeks nonstop since Im injured and cant work..

Today, playing online in Call of juarez BiB (OLD GAME) Xbox shuts off.. No red ring, or the power cable was just off..no led on it.

I tough overheat you know, didnt even want to open back up.. So I wait about 30 minutes and I finally start my box only to realise it was making HUGE NOISES then nothing then HUGE noises.. disk tray didnt open and my game was in there.. tought nice my CD is dead too. Then the xbox didnt display the images on my tv, not even with hdmi or components.

Finally took a screw driver open up the tray get my disk to find its ok and the xbox was running and making some grinding noise..

Its in the garbage and got a new slim.

Opinion, silent and compact.
BAD: no HD component cable! What the heck microsoft! Now Im on my HDMI cable and the new little mike they gave me. I can barelly hear plps talking and I cant plug my turtlebeack with a hdmi and dont want to play on low def.

Microsoft sells there components 60$ well I ordered the same ones on ebay for 6$.

Thanks for my rant
Joey

Alright... im going to just tell you the 100% obvious thing to do with the whole HDMI / Turtle beach thing.. since you know.. it took me 5 seconds to figure it out with my HDMI and X41's...

MUTE YOUR SOUND COMING THROUGH YOUR TV / AMP.

Amazing isnt it?

I have my game channel automatically set to 0 for sound on my amp and everything else normal so i dont have to worry about it, but its not that big of a deal. Mute the TV or Speakers... whatever you use... and the TB's work the exact same way they did before.

And if its an optic fibre issue your thinking of... The slims can have both an optic fibre cable AND a hdmi cable plugged in at the same time... not like the previous models