PDA

View Full Version : Are Ltd Edition consoles REALLY Ltd edition??

w1ngnut
07-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Ello people,newbie here so please be gentle :eek:

Just looking to what you guys reckon. I've pre-ordered the Gears 3 console because i'm a bit of a sucker like that. Looking back though i got the Resident Evil console, Modern Warfare 2 console,got an Elite when it came out and then the 360s when it came out.

All of them,even though they were "collectors" or "limited" editions still dont seem to hold any more value over the current spec of 360.

So will this new 320gb Limited Edition Gears console be really worth getting? Prob not but i'm still getting it :woop:

So anyone else out there a sucker for Ltd editions? Be that consoles,games or even controllers

Giptuc
07-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Games and Consoles arnt like other collectables. Unless you have it signed by the whole dev team, they dont appreciate in value.

The only real things that will appreciate in value (gaming wise) are games that were produced in INCREDIBLY limited numbers (or editions of games in VERY limited numbers... ie 500 or less)

The difference with the gears console and other consoles though, is its 320GB HDD. It wont hold its value completely, but it will obviously hold a value higher then other xbox 360 consoles, original or limited

avenga4
07-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Not a big difference but the gears console will also make a different sound from when u turn it on and when u press the eject button the sounds will be from gears I think... I got the info from gamestop under specs

Worhammer
07-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Games and Consoles arnt like other collectables. Unless you have it signed by the whole dev team, they dont appreciate in value.

The only real things that will appreciate in value (gaming wise) are games that were produced in INCREDIBLY limited numbers (or editions of games in VERY limited numbers... ie 500 or less)

The difference with the gears console and other consoles though, is its 320GB HDD. It wont hold its value completely, but it will obviously hold a value higher then other xbox 360 consoles, original or limited
False. Go look on ebay for the price of an unopened PS2. Last I saw one, it was over 5K that it sold for.

Just like any other collectable, games and consoles are pretty much worthless once opened. Unopened, however, if it's a big name game or an actual console, it is worth quite a bit of money once production stops.

EmporerDragon
07-18-2011, 01:15 AM

There's also the special paint job.