PDA

View Full Version : I just found a fix for Kinect Fun Labs "Server Time Out" error on 4GB consoles

TVthePunisher
07-17-2011, 11:06 PM
I've researched it a lot, having this issue where I could only play Kinect Me and Googly Eyes. In screwing around with an older Xbox I had in the house, I connected directly to my router with an ethernet cord. While the Kinect Sensor bar wasn't hooked up, I could see all the apps up in the background! So...I tried it out on my Slim 4GB...and it worked!

I'm actually finally downloading Build-A-Buddy! In order for 4GB consoles to actually get ahold of the rest of Kinect Fun Labs, you need an ethernet cord hooked directly to the router/modem. Then the servers will NOT time out and you'll be able to access all of the Fun Labs features =D

I'm guessing if you go via a wireless connection, it's not strong enough for some reason to actually sustain a connection to the Fun Labs servers...and that's why it always times out and either brings you to the original two gadgets, or sends you back to the dashboard.

Cheers! I hope this works for other people like it is for me! =D

BluWolve
07-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Good job, It is always such a simple solution once you figure it out isn't it?

TVthePunisher
07-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Good job, It is always such a simple solution once you figure it out isn't it?

Almost always is, really. Dates back to as easy as "the batteries were in the wrong way", hah hah. I must note that on this however, Bobble Head even though it's 206.01 MB to download is taking a lengthy amount of time to actually...download. Build-A-Buddy was done in half the time it's taking Bobble Head, which is currently at 49%...about a percentage every 20 or 30 seconds. Not to mention before I tried this fix, I had to redownload Fun Labs again and it was done relatively quickly...being a 720+mb download.

BluWolve
07-17-2011, 11:37 PM
I still can't even get into Kinect Fun Labs at all after the newest update. I have tried clearing the system cache and also re-downloading Kinect Fun Labs but still nothing. I even turned the power off and then back on hahaa still nothing :(

TVthePunisher
07-17-2011, 11:41 PM
I still can't even get into Kinect Fun Labs at all after the newest update. I have tried clearing the system cache and also re-downloading Kinect Fun Labs but still nothing. I even turned the power off and then back on hahaa still nothing :(

Everything I tried before using the ethernet cable...I wonder, do you have one? Who knows, it might even help you out! I'm not 100% if this fix is giong to work for everyone...but if it helps a few people, I'll be happy.

BluWolve
07-17-2011, 11:46 PM
I do and I might actually try that now...

EDIT: No such Luck, I also tried resetting my router and testing my connection to no avail. I think with my problem is just going to have to wait for a fix from MS.

This is now two ongoing issues that MS say they have no idea whats going on. I don't really care about Kinect Fun Labs in comparison to not being able to add any payment methods to my account...

CuddlyREDRUM
07-20-2011, 08:04 PM
I just let it update without doing a background download.

Once it starts DL'ing, don't touch anything. Crazy MS hasn't bothered to do anything with this. Now the thing is freezing on me.