PDA

View Full Version : Random friend requests. Wtf?

otaking live
07-18-2011, 02:10 AM
How many of you get random friend requests? Why would anyone do it? I would not randomly add someone for no reason but it happens to me alot.

I usually add them anyway but after a few weeks with no talk I'll delete them. Why add someone for apparently no reason?

Kairi
07-18-2011, 02:21 AM
I tend to get random friend requests sent to me along with creepy random messages -_- I don't even know where the randoms get my gamertag from or why they bother sending me random requests and messages >_<

RwHo
07-18-2011, 02:23 AM
I get a few friend requests a day that I don't know the person. Its usually messages that get me though, some of the weirdest stuff.

Fullmetalx07
07-18-2011, 02:25 AM
I usually get more Random messages then Random friend requests

McGoogles
07-18-2011, 02:51 AM
They've probably played you in an online match, saw your Gamertag on a YouTube video, or was wondering if such Gamertag is in use.

I get random friend requests occasionally, and I normally decline them unless there is a message attached to it.

DarkReign2021
07-18-2011, 02:54 AM
The last friend request I got was about 7 months ago. The last random friend request I got was about 2 years ago. Random messages, though, those happen all the time. Weird stuff. I think it's a combination of the gamertag being displayed here on X360A and people scouring their "Last Played with" list when you've been active in XBL matches. It's easy to get gamertags for spamming purposes these days.

BluWolve
07-18-2011, 03:20 AM
sometimes I add people from this site but I always send a message saying why. I never send or accept random friend requests.

otaking live
07-18-2011, 03:59 AM
Ones with messages are fine. Normally its someone asking to boost a game or something.

A ZombieTwinkie
07-18-2011, 04:49 AM
I tend to get a lot of random messages/friend requests when I'm playin Black Ops. Guess I'm good enough to make people want to be my friend.

Worhammer
07-18-2011, 06:43 AM
I tend to get random friend requests sent to me along with creepy random messages -_- I don't even know where the randoms get my gamertag from or why they bother sending me random requests and messages >_<
It's cause you're a girl.

I personally get one or two a week. I just ignore friend requests unless they're accompanied by a message letting me know who the person is and they're not just some random creeper.

CongarNo1
07-18-2011, 07:13 AM
I hate random friend request.. Even worst when they dont say anything or I havent played with them ever.
Senses Im a girl its even worst, its crazy. Lately Ive been playing Uno online and I get so many friend request and :eek: msgs.
Its annoying..

Neverender
07-18-2011, 07:23 AM
I've only gotten one semi-random message, from a guy I played in MvC3. I beat him, but the lag was really bad during the match (because my connection sucks), so he was pissed at me. I just thought it was funny.

I assume I'd get more requests/messages if I had Gold for more than two days, though... :p

I hate random friend request.. Even worst when they dont say anything or I havent played with them ever.
Senses Im a girl its even worst, its crazy. Lately Ive been playing Uno online and I get so many friend request and :eek: msgs.
Its annoying..

Uno is the Chat Roulette of XBL. If you don't know what that means, then read as: It's a Trap.

BluWolve
07-18-2011, 07:31 AM
I am going to send you all Friend requests and some creepy messages.... Something along the lines of it puts the lotion on it's skin...

Haha nah just joking, I would kick my own ass for that crap

sleepydumbdude
07-18-2011, 07:57 AM
I get about one every two weeks that is random. Unless someone sends me a message on why I leave them on a week then I send the a message why the add. After I notice them I click on their name the next day and if they logged in I remove them. I'd say 90% of the time they never respond back.

Mister Spraggsy
07-18-2011, 09:03 AM
I had one last week, I accepted it then had a look at his games and we had no multiplayer games in common so I just assumed he was a forum member. I didn't speak to him for the week so I just deleted him.

Other then that I don't get to many random request or if I do it usually someone I have played with on Gears 2 or FIFA.

VladimirK
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
I get them every now and then.
I'll send a message asking if it was a random add or if they want to boost something; that way I won't accidentally delete a FR that might have been someone that's added me that knows me from college or somebody that wants to boost something.

I always figure it's just that thing I've seen before of folk seeing somebody with a 6 figure gamerscore and add them simply for that, I don't reckon it would be folk I've met on Live since I don't play MP games.

rattlesnake
07-18-2011, 09:18 AM
I know my gamerscore is not as high as some peoples on here, but i have had random friend requests because of it.

Eludingkarma
07-18-2011, 12:41 PM
I never use my mic when playing cod because once I do and everyone finds out I'm a girl the random requests and messages start. Especially when I'm the match leader in a room full of multiple pretige players and screaming 12 yr old boys that think telling me what they "did to my mother" is proof of what a badass gamer they are.

MangledRex
07-18-2011, 12:42 PM
All I get is random abuse

nobody wants to be my friend :(

ninjachicken
07-18-2011, 12:55 PM
All I get is random abuse

nobody wants to be my friend :(

That's all i get as well lol

Bleeding Star
07-18-2011, 12:57 PM
I get a lot of random adds and when I ask why its "because your GS is cool"

Instantly denied, my XB list is RL friends only

Opiate42
07-18-2011, 01:25 PM
I never use my mic when playing cod because once I do and everyone finds out I'm a girl the random requests and messages start. Especially when I'm the match leader in a room full of multiple pretige players and screaming 12 yr old boys that think telling me what they "did to my mother" is proof of what a badass gamer they are.

Wow that sucks. It is funny how the high prestige guys aren't any different than the screaming children most days, just less squeaky. Sad that's the best they can come up with. Maybe they should have started with "Hi".

OT: COD's bad for this, but anytime I do well in a TDM match, like 22-5 or something I'll get random requests, guys wanting me or my other friends doing well to join they're clan "bacuz ya awzum yo!". Um, no thanks. Funny how that never happens when I go 5-22.

tiger 1
07-18-2011, 01:48 PM
My theory on this random friend request issue is simple they are hackers checking you out and using you as their personal kill factor while in COD or other like games. I had a bunch of people on my list for 3 years no talk, no invites etc.. I often wonder why the same people were killing me in all my COD games and other shooter whatís funny they were all on my friends list; deleted them all. Today, if I donít see you in person, speak to you in person, you are not on my friends list.

:Bounce:

How many of you get random friend requests? Why would anyone do it? I would not randomly add someone for no reason but it happens to me alot.

I usually add them anyway but after a few weeks with no talk I'll delete them. Why add someone for apparently no reason?

AltruismIsDead
07-18-2011, 02:12 PM
I think last month I had gotten bombarded with tons of random FR, like a crap ton more then normal all within a 1 week period.

Only one person gave a message saying he seen always seen my name on the leader boards here, which at the time I didn't even know/remember the X360A game leaderboards. So at least I discovered that through random FR's :)

Looking at it now, I'd definitely hate to be "popular" like a Major Nelson etc, every day you see about 99 messages all FRs or random messages.

Maka
07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Random friend requests several times a week. Messages with the request, almost never. Random messages in general, almost never either.

I've accepted the fact that most of them are from this website, TrueAchievements, my YouTube videos or something similar. I wish people would just write a message with the requests. I maxed out my friends list by accident, and didnt get any for a while, was nice.

KeepEmRolling
07-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I get random FR a couple times a week. If they sent a msg along with it, I'll usually add them. I've also gotten many random messages, the strangest of which was someone talking to me as if I were a girl and what they wanted to do to me. Communication blocked, lol

skatemore
07-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Anyone with 100,000+ points and enjoys playing Call of Duty, Gears of War, Battlefield, ect... online knows the feeling too well I would imagine.

Worhammer
07-18-2011, 03:48 PM
I am going to send you all Friend requests and some creepy messages.... Something along the lines of it puts the lotion on it's skin...

Yeah, but I'd recognize your gamertag and laugh because you actually went through with it, so it wouldn't really be all that random now would it? :P

loganlogan80
07-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I get random friend requests, messages, and sometimes even random game invites. It really confuses me why people would do those things when they don't even know me.

UnknownHero
07-18-2011, 04:16 PM
This often happens to me. I usually just denied them since every time I ask why they never respond back its really weird o_O

otaking live
07-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't think I've ever got a strange message before. Sounds interesting! I of course have gotten a few bitch pms from people that I owned in cod or halo, but those weren't strange.

Is the max friend amount 99?

Half of my friends list are IRL friends and the other half are friends I made either playing online or from boosting games. Though they're were a few that were so annoying I just deleted them.

Benny34
07-18-2011, 04:37 PM
i never get friend request really, i do get them but they send it to me i accept i send them a message they never reply so i delete
i do in fact get creppy ass messages of people sending me messages abouit how i shall love jesus and god lol...

dakisbac
07-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Random friend requests several times a week. Messages with the request, almost never. Random messages in general, almost never either.

This. I don't know where people keep getting my gamertag but I've received a lot of random FRs in these last two weeks especially, and none of them have come with a message.

I generally ask "who is this?" when I get an FR and unless they're a booster from here or TA they're probably getting declined.

OptimusPrime76
07-18-2011, 05:20 PM
I get a few random friend requests and never a message explaining why!

I had one over the weekend and I messaged the person asking why they wanted to be friends and they said they had seen a post of mine on this forum. When they described the post it was something I said ages ago, last year I think lol.

I don't mind anyone sending me a friend request if I've gamed with them or if they see me on this forum but usually after the initial request they go silent and never want to game so I just delete them.

Ridiusu
07-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Don't get me wrong but I tend to be silent to everyone on my friends list but then again they all know me irl so know that I am a quiet person.

I think in the 2 years I've been on live I've only had 2-3 random friend requests. Which is quite small to be honest :p

ExtremeRugburn
07-18-2011, 06:00 PM
I get one about every 4-6 months, but last week I received two. I have no idea why people do it, but it annoys me.

I don't even know where the randoms get my gamertag from or why they bother sending me random requests and messages >_<
Same here. I looked at games played for both requests and although we had some multiplayer games in common I had only played one within the past month (CoD:BO) and it was in zoombie mode with other friends on my list. I checked my recent gamers list too, however they were not on it. Bottom line is unless I have gamed with and spoken to the person or a message accompany's an invite I will just delete the request.

Gamerdude5448
07-19-2011, 02:58 AM
I get them all the time. My sig is why.

Minty
07-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Having a full FL is awesome- get no new invites :D

Never gamed with half the people on my list, but they keep me getting random requests, so they get to stay. And I have a load of people I can delete easily if I need to add someone. Easy :p

DENAz666
07-19-2011, 03:40 AM
I get like one or two a week without fail. I always keep my list at 99 though, just incase someone I know adds me, so I'm constantly having to decline. I don't mind random adds if they send me a message, but if they just drop me an FR with nothing, then I usually just decline

Ivan Mendez
07-19-2011, 04:12 AM
I feel way bad when i deny a friend request, so I don't do it. I just accept.
I only have 8 ( only 2 of them are people i actually know in real life)

Capn Doug
07-19-2011, 04:39 AM
I've had "please send a message with any friend request" in my sig and in my bio at various times. I still never get a message with them. I would get more if I played things like Halo or Call of Duty (grinding through sports games gives me the most actually). Sometimes if I ask they will at least say "I saw you on the x360a's leaderboards for X and hoped you could help me." Last few times it was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but it comes from all over. Some people think x360a means "I will help you get gamerscore..." No, little boy, it means I need to be polite to you while repping the site. Some games I will help almost anyone with, but I don't advertise those games.

The prospect of hitting 100 to stop the random requests has been what's kept me from doing a purge of my friends list.

Coadster1
07-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Whenever I get a random friend request, I always message asking them who they are and what they want. In case, they need help on something or want to work on something together, I won't instantly decline, but if they don't respond, I'll decline it.

brennan4ever
07-19-2011, 11:17 AM
I am the Architect of the Xbox Live system, i give out random gamer tags in the hope one day everyone will be friends with everyone else. I am sorry if you get offended by this.

FlamesOfGrey
07-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I get alot of random requests on PSN / XBL but I guess they would be from my Youtube channel when I had my ID's up there. However, I don't like to have more then 20 people on my friends list (I don't personally play with more then a few people online) and I don't accept any blank messages either. I also delete people who I don't talk to for a month or more depending.

Sylon00
07-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Friend requests have slowed down a bit, but the random messages from people I haven't even played with, usually about MW2 and COD4 hacks, do get annoying.

One funny friend request I got today on the PS3 from the name "Need 4 Speed Hacks". Seriously?! How lame are you? lol Instant block list.

Louman
07-19-2011, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't mind them because I hardly get them! :p

Lucky you guys and gals. I do understand that some of you get more than what you like and that sucks. But at the same time, you guys must be cool enough to get them. Usually I'll post every now and then that I'm a casual gamer and need friends who play for fun and really don't take things too serious. So far that gave me only one friend to my friends list! :eek:
Yeah only one. I suck. Maybe I don't get out to often. LOL

SubG3nius
07-19-2011, 05:12 PM
This did happen a lot to me before, as said, it's probably somone you played an online match with, when I played Blops and MW2 people did send me random requests and messages, I ignored most of them. No biggie.

13ip0lar
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Usually if you're any good at anything, kids wanna play with you after seeing how much you pwn. I was ranked 60th on BFBC2 leaderboards for about 6 months, then I stopped playing/sold the game. It's kind of annoying, but I don't find it unbearable. That said though, I've got invites just for playing a few rounds in games like MW2 and Black Ops, just for being "good".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/oefaded133/Games/BFBC2%20Xbox%20360%20Leaderboards/BFBC2_XboX360_Leaderboard_60.jpg

otaking live
07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
It does drive me a little nuts when someone who is terrible at a game keeps asking me to play. I get this In black ops alot....

Opiate42
07-19-2011, 07:24 PM

Or else it gets the hose again...

At least you have the decency to use a great movie quote in doing so :p

hypermetalsonic
07-19-2011, 07:31 PM
I dont know how these people come across my gamertag..None of them are ppl I've ever played before in anything.

Like and indian guy invited me to his chat asking if I want to take a ride in his corvette???

mjc0961
07-19-2011, 07:35 PM
If I'm not getting friend requests from random people I don't know on Xbox Live, then I'm getting them on PSN, YouTube, or even forums. I'm not one of those people who measures their self-worth (or penis length) by how long my friends list is though, so if I don't actually know or your plan to play something with you, your request is denied.

GrimSovereignty
07-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah I get them, I usually add them and then send a message asking why they wanted to friend me.

TVthePunisher
07-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Is there any real danger from accepting random FR? ;>__>

otaking live
07-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Is there any real danger from accepting random FR? ;>__>

I certainly do not think so. And certainly hop not!

Last night I had a friend request for my black ops clan. He played half through a match and dropped out. Went to playing on his own without saying anything so..........delete!

chelseaman99
07-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Not really, I get a few random messages, but they're mainly people I've played with recently on CoD or FIFA.

Vendetta
07-21-2011, 08:53 PM

I get way too many :mad:

I think part of that is because my avatar is a girl (it is Serah from FFXIII, only because I'm a big fanboy.) So I think part of it is because people think I'm a girl. :p

No Kitteh
07-21-2011, 09:04 PM
If I'm not getting friend requests from random people I don't know on Xbox Live, then I'm getting them on PSN, YouTube, or even forums. I'm not one of those people who measures their self-worth (or penis length) by how long my friends list is though, so if I don't actually know or your plan to play something with you, your request is denied.

LOL!! I don't like my friends list to be full or even a quarter of the way..it's honestly too much work to scroll through it half the time :p I am always cleaning out my friends list..I have added people to just boost and very few I actually keep on my friends list. A lot of times people seem cool on the forum, then are complete d-bags once you talk to them. I pretty much decline every single friend request I get, unless it is for some boosting that was set up before hand or someone I met and get along with pretty well. The amount of friend requests you can even get in a lobby as soon as you join is crazy. Besides, not everyone gets my constant sarcastic humor.

THE NICK1987
07-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Having a full FL is awesome- get no new invites :D

Never gamed with half the people on my list, but they keep me getting random requests, so they get to stay. And I have a load of people I can delete easily if I need to add someone. Easy :p
^^ This man speaks the truth ^^

It's a shame there's no way of blocking the messages :(
Still get 5-10 everyday from randoms

mjc0961
07-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Is there any real danger from accepting random FR? ;>__>Is there any real danger from declining random FR? ;>_>

LOL!! I don't like my friends list to be full or even a quarter of the way..it's honestly too much work to scroll through it half the time :pAnother downside that I can't stand is the increased volume of "____ has signed into Xbox Live" notifications. I don't want to play anything with that person. I don't even know who that person is. Why do I care if they're online exactly? Ah right, I don't. Guess they shouldn't be on my friends list, which is why I usually don't even add them.

otaking live
07-21-2011, 09:20 PM
^^ This man speaks the truth ^^

It's a shame there's no way of blocking the messages :(
Still get 5-10 everyday from randoms

Damn! 5 to 10 a day? Ok I don't get nearly that many.

No Kitteh
07-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Is there any real danger from declining random FR? ;>_>

Another downside that I can't stand is the increased volume of "____ has signed into Xbox Live" notifications. I don't want to play anything with that person. I don't even know who that person is. Why do I care if they're online exactly? Ah right, I don't. Guess they shouldn't be on my friends list, which is why I usually don't even add them.

I am going to send you a request, then log in and out over and over to get your attention, but tell you I am having connection problems. I had someone do that all the time if I was playing with someone else :confused:

Yeah I may play a game with someone, and find out they just aren't someone I would normally play a lot with I will usually remove them. Some people on my list are people I don't play so much with, but we still chat time to time. Kinda off track - I am surprised at how many people still have their friends list open for everyone to see...

summeranne
07-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Whenever my daughter or I actually play online games we get the random friend requests. I rarely play online though, she mostly sticks to AC:B for multiplayer. Luckily she hasn't gotten any pervy messages yet.

CyberPunch83
07-21-2011, 10:25 PM
I rarely get random FR's, for any game boosting threads I post in, I explicitly state it needs to have an accompanying message stating their intent for friending me on XBL. That won't stop me from the odd random FR from someone I just teamed/destroyed in a game, and these are always from underage gamers. Expected, I suppose. A good rule of thumb: if you get a random FR and they do not send a message before/immediately after, do not have any games in common/can't see games list, or generally doesn't try to contact you after sending the FR, delete it and move on with your day. They aren't worth your time.

TVthePunisher
07-21-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't mind the large number of people that might get onto my list, the only thing I hate is when I think I'm getting an achievement only to see "So and So has signed in" ~__~ Especially the grinding achievements...

otaking live
07-21-2011, 11:10 PM
You can turn off the pop up or noise associated with all that stuff just incase you didn't know.

I've noticed lately I get boosting requests and then the people finish them without even setting up a time. Guess they found someone else to help. But I still need help! Lol!

TVthePunisher
07-21-2011, 11:54 PM
You can turn off the pop up or noise associated with all that stuff just incase you didn't know.

I've noticed lately I get boosting requests and then the people finish them without even setting up a time. Guess they found someone else to help. But I still need help! Lol!

Ah x.x; I should do that sometimes. And I hear ya on the boosting thing. Though I feel kind of bad because people keep asking me to boost for Bioshock 2 and yes I DO need to, but I can't until I buy this stupid DLC ~___~ then I can join in boosting groups. It really sucks though when I'm already in a group of 6 people and someone wants to join in the boosting, but we don't have a spot. I don't know, I guess if you could get a group large enough everyone could do free fora ll...then split between torrents and vending machines.

kaseywc98
07-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Doesn't happen to me a lot, but I always wonder how they find me.

TheZombieReaper
07-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Believe it or now but I get 2-5 messages and friends requests asking me do I own the account A L I E N, im the only one on his friends list and it seriously beginning to piss me off. I do not OWN that account so stop asking! Grrr

Slowhunt
07-22-2011, 03:09 AM
I get the odd random request, always sems to be someone with a low gamer score. Guess new to xbox and trying to make friends.
I personally do not like just random requests without some kind of message.

My girlfiend on the other hand gets bombarded with random requests all because she has "girl" in her gamertag.

Guys have sent her pictures of themselves, many " I love you messages", nothing weird yet but Im sure its coming.

MakoBallistic
07-22-2011, 09:30 AM
I get requests without messages, but they usually arent random. I just check the games list for their tag and if i see Trials HD i add them, as i signed up to the custom track trading thread on here when it first came out and people seem to still be browsing it to this day! If not i delete them, unless they have an exceptionally amusing name, then i keep it on to amuse me when they log in.

GhostFalcon3
07-22-2011, 12:37 PM
I get them and usually accept them incase they want to play and I see no harm in accepting them anyway. I usually get quite a few after I send out a boosting message to my recent players, I accept and infer that they want to boost achievements. How wrong I was.

The Cripplers
07-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I get some, but they're probably all from posts I have made here looking for buddies for achievements, although sometimes they will come months after I finished a certain game.

I M1K3Y B I
07-24-2011, 09:52 AM
I very rarely get any random friends requests or random messages.

I feel a bit left out now :(

hydrosugar
07-24-2011, 11:50 AM
i got one a few days ago. i'm not even close to max friends limit, but i never add them its just creepy.

whats worse though is getting them on facebook. sometimes its some dude from India, and other times its someone with 'mutual friends' trying to whore their friend amount. tbh i've never actually bothered sending fr's on facebook as i simply don't care, and don't use the website all that often. if someone sends me one, i know who they are and their not a complete ass i'll accept them if i'm on.

kinda the same thing with live, i don't usually send fr's but if i get a message with one i'll usually accept, especially if it's someone from this site.:)

Namzzar
07-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I got one from Japan once.

That was a fun night....

Lemonlimes249
07-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Not often. But when I do, it's usually someone I played Marble Blast Ultra with :confused:

Mercury
07-24-2011, 10:40 PM
I used to get them when I was pro at Gears 1. People just want to be your friend sometimes because you're insanely good. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I still get them on the occasion on Black Ops or Reach but just deny them now because I only play with people I know in person nowadays.

HerroKittie
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
It happens to me a lot. I just try to take it as people wanting to be nice/make friends/ect ... I'll always accept. And I usually keep them on there unless they follow the request up with a creepy message.

Brutalize
09-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Try getting 5-10 friend requests every other day along with hate messages.

Why do I get them you ask? There is a player on Gamebattles that has my gamertag but the player spelled it with two I's (one upper case and then one lowercase) because I have the correct version. So almost everyone he initiates a match with doesn't notice it and they add me instead, then I decline the friend requests and they send me messages calling me scared and all kinds of names because they think I am this player from Gamebattles that they are supposed to be playing.

It is so annoying but sometimes the messages are rage filled and hilarious so I guess that evens it out lol.

macgyver893
09-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I will sometimes get them too but I think it's from me posting in achievement boosting threads and then people going through months of old pages, finding my name, and then sending me a request with no message attached saying they want to boost.

otaking live
09-07-2011, 11:16 PM
My buddy plays on his gfs account somedays and he gets 3 a night. He never gets any on his regular account. Showing girls get the Most random friend requests for obvious reasons.

I still don't know why people don't message with a fr. Especially if its about boosting. How are you ever going to boost if they don't say anything.

I just deleted about 10 people on my list that added me and never said anything.

Paka
09-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Yeah, I got my share of creeps early on too. I think in my case, it was posting on the official forums-- when I was active on them, I got tons of randoms, sometimes half a dozen a day or so. I figured out quickly that if it was a random with very low gamerscore (hundreds or less) it was usually a creep or a wannabe scammer.

Someone made a snarky comment to me on another board when I explained that I usually rejected those, but had to have some way to weed them out, plus, I also looked at things like similar games. I just prefer that people who know me from somewhere else let me know, and I'll accept them.

Fai1cookie
09-08-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't mind the random requests. Sometimes I have a guy who has a game I have that I need a quick help with... but the messages are funny. Some people cant spell for crap...

Chaos MAN
09-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I get around 15+ every week, even more ( 25+ ) if I play a popular game like gears or halo. Once I was gone for 3 weeks and had around 50 random FR in my messages. lol didn't know a single one lol.

Skip2myluu55
09-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I get random messages/requests all the time. A good amount of it from black ops, but it's mostly cuz I'm a girl and once a person hears you on xbox live chat it's like OMG A GIRL! *ADD FRIEND* >.> I will add most of time but if they are total creepers delete.

Seriously guys what's with you trying to hit on a girl over xbox live? 99% of time you don't even live in same state. Oh and not to mention a week ago I got an add from someone who wanted me to check her out on kinect naked >.>

Skip2myluu55
09-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Try getting 5-10 friend requests every other day along with hate messages.

Why do I get them you ask? There is a player on Gamebattles that has my gamertag but the player spelled it with two I's (one upper case and then one lowercase) because I have the correct version. So almost everyone he initiates a match with doesn't notice it and they add me instead, then I decline the friend requests and they send me messages calling me scared and all kinds of names because they think I am this player from Gamebattles that they are supposed to be playing.

It is so annoying but sometimes the messages are rage filled and hilarious so I guess that evens it out lol.

LMFAO! That's hilarious! Would keep me entertained XD

A Scary Demon
09-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I usually get random F/R because i go well in cod, my gamertag or my gamerscore.I get random party invites when people i upset cant take it and think that abusing me with their friends is a good idea.
I dont understand why people do it.

Tsaako
09-08-2011, 10:11 PM
I get them no and then, I just don't accept them until they've messaged me asking what they wanted.

andami
09-09-2011, 03:19 AM
I very rarely get FR now. I did get them much more often when I was playing Reach though (probably because they think I'm a girl even though my profile clearly states my name as being "Anthony.") I think I've accepted every friend request ever sent to me (unless I had removed them before and they tried to re-add me).

Sorta off subject, but I've only ever gotten two hate messages over Live. One was the stereotypical "Get back in the kitchen," which is funny because I'm a guy. The other was some guy calling me a loser/queer for using a girl as my avatar and gamerpic.