PDA

View Full Version : My petition on Xbox.com to delete gamerscore

Titanus Ferrum
07-18-2011, 07:31 AM
All,

I have posted a topic on the xbox.com forum as a petition to grant everyone the ability to delete gamerscore.

Link is here:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/341/t/40763.aspx

This is a long one but I would appreciate any support I can get, its about the only way microsoft will listen.

Bistric
07-18-2011, 07:53 AM
I especially loved your second reason: Inability to gain achievements due to absolutely ridiculous requirements.
Maybe instead of deleting achievements, you should focus on getting better at the games in question. The requirements such as GRAW or Lost Planet 2 ones are definitely not impossible, they just require being good at the game and committing enough time to get there. There are people who gained them, so iti is possible.
Maybe I can petition to remove Veteran achievements from COD games because I suck and cannot clear the levels. If they remove those, I would have 100% in every COD game.
Also, the first reason is just plain stupid. A game is a game, why would anyone be embarassed by their kid's game choice. If nothing, you should proudly point those games out for the world to see that your kid is interested in video games and managed to 100% them.

Third, there is a way to delete those achievements: Start a new gamertag and just play the games that you're sure to 100%, so your OCD is not endangered and that the world can see that you are the best XBox player in the world.

The Dagda Mor
07-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Oh boy... your gamerscore will not reflect how people view you in the real world. Hell nobody in this little world cares if you didn't get all the achievements for all the games you have played.

KirbyTheAlmighty
07-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Oh boy... your gamerscore will not reflect how people view you in the real world. Hell nobody in this little world cares if you didn't get all the achievements for all the games you have played.

This is true.

Mister Spraggsy
07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
I appreciate the time and thought you put into writing this but I don't agree with deleting gamerscore. My gamerscore is who I am, and I have unlocked all those achievements myself. (Well my wife did about 20.000 kills for me on Gears 2 for the seriously achievements because I broke my hand) but other than that, it's like a little 5 year history of what I have played and what I have earned.

You should be proud with what ever you have, I have games I wish I had never played and have a low gamerscore on but it's there now.

fallout frank
07-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Though I don't agree that you should be able to delete achievements, I would love my gamerscore to be back on a 5 or 0 and if this ever happend, I would instantly delete luxor 2.

hydrosugar
07-18-2011, 10:16 AM
there is no way embarrassment is a factor in this argument. it is ridiculous that anyone would care what games are on their tag.

tiger 1
07-18-2011, 01:55 PM
I am sorry but since my IE 8 is no longer compatible with the new XBL.com forums I no longer can post on that site this means I cannot give any support I have left that site after 5 years of posting but I will read your request.

All,

I have posted a topic on the xbox.com forum as a petition to grant everyone the ability to delete gamerscore.

Link is here:

This is a long one but I would appreciate any support I can get, its about the only way microsoft will listen.

tiger 1
07-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Sorry to tell you this but they (XBL) pulled your patition.

All,

Link is here:

Purge
07-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Good luck with that! I don't know why anyone would be embarassed by a few measly numbers attatched to your profile.

AltruismIsDead
07-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Just the other day I was browsing the general xbox 360 thread and thought to myself... gosh I haven't seen a thread about deleting achievements in the longest time.

Low and behold my wish was granted, another thread about beating a dead horse... erm, I mean deleting achievements.

Anyways, as been mentioned before, I have found a way to "delete" gamerscore, and all you need is 1600 MS points and to follow these steps:

Step 1: Creating new account.

Step 2: Choose which games you wish to delete, and not play them on new account.

Step 3: Play all the games you wish to have achievements for and gain all achievements off of.

Step 4: Change your old gamer tag name (800ms points) and now change your new tag to your old gamer tag name (another 800 MS points) and voila, achievements deleted! It's almost like magic.... the kind that takes maybe a year or so of doing, but now no more achievements you didn't want in the first place! Hannah Montana and My Horse and Me 2 BE GONE! But it's not a miracle or magic it's "AltruismIsDead's Guide to Deleting achievements!*"

* Only 4 easy payments of $19.95 (no COD's) and you can get this easy step by step guide printed out and even signed by me!....wait I already posted the guide...damnit.

Spanish Assault
07-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Just the other day I was browsing the general xbox 360 thread and thought to myself... gosh I haven't seen a thread about deleting achievements in the longest time.

Low and behold my wish was granted, another thread about beating a dead horse... erm, I mean deleting achievements.

Anyways, as been mentioned before, I have found a way to "delete" gamerscore, and all you need is 1600 MS points and to follow these steps:

Step 2: Choose which games you wish to delete, and not play them on new account.

Step 3: Play all the games you wish to have achievements for and gain all achievements off of.

Step 4: Change your old gamer tag name (800ms points) and now change your new tag to your old gamer tag name (another 800 MS points) and voila, achievements deleted! It's almost like magic.... the kind that takes maybe a year or so of doing, but now no more achievements you didn't want in the first place! Hannah Montana and My Horse and Me 2 BE GONE! But it's not a miracle or magic it's "AltruismIsDead's Guide to Deleting achievements!*"

* Only 4 easy payments of $19.95 (no COD's) and you can get this easy step by step guide printed out and even signed by me!....wait I already posted the guide...damnit.
if you let your xbox assign your GT, they let you change it for FREE on the second account.

Pyrochaos
07-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Am I the only one laughing my ass off to this?

KryptoAcid
07-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I thought it was funny Pyro.....

Minty
07-18-2011, 03:25 PM

That's a tad extreme and a lot of work. All you need to do is hack a couple of games on your account, get reported to the Policy ENforcement Team (which we even have a forum where you can snitch on yourself), and they'll happily delete your achievements for you. And it didn't cost you any MSP!

Fire Hawk D
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
I especially loved your second reason: Inability to gain achievements due to absolutely ridiculous requirements.
Maybe instead of deleting achievements, you should focus on getting better at the games in question. The requirements such as GRAW or Lost Planet 2 ones are definitely not impossible, they just require being good at the game and committing enough time to get there. There are people who gained them, so iti is possible.

Amen. They're achievements! Not treats. You have to work for them.

Also, your gamertag is "who you are" in the LIVE world. Erasing what you've done or played just seems...wrong to me.

KeepEmRolling
07-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Good luck with that! I don't know why anyone would be embarassed by a few measly numbers attatched to your profile.

Sums it up for me as well. I give a tip of the hat to those gamers dedicated to completing games and getting a high completion percentage. On the other hand, I just don't get letting a game you don't have 100% in get to you so much that you would start a petition, which of course is not going anywhere.

OptimusPrime76
07-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I agree with the general feeling of the posters on here but I have to say theirs one or two games I would happily wipe off my gamertag if I could. It's got nothing to dobwith being embarrassed about certain games or even worrying about getting 100% completion.

My gamertag shows I've played just over 200 games and I've only maxed out 30 of them. I'm not fussed about getting 100%. I will try to get a good score on every game I enjoy but refuse to boost or excessively grind so I have plenty of games around the 800/900 gamerscore Mark and that's fine with me.

However, I'd like to get rid ofthe first hawx game. Got one achievement for 5g and thought the game was shit and I'll never play it again so I'd rather it not be on my gamertag. Quake wars and a couple of others are the same. It's nit the end of the world if they stay there but all the same I'd like to get rid if I could.

Titanus Ferrum
07-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Well it looks like they deleted my original post and have locked my repost. It looks as though all those so called Ambassadors are acting quickly to try and silence me.

Now they say petitions are not allowed. Last I looked that is against the law. 1st amendment rights grant the freedom of petition. This overrides any corporate policy.

I have also placed the entire post on the True achievements blog if you wish to read it.

I think Microsoft is afraid of that post for I point out a major lack of quality control.

Veedrock
07-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Last I looked that is against the law. 1st amendment rights grant the freedom of petition. This overrides any corporate policy.

Firstly the Amendment only protect you from the government. Secondly, it does not mean you can place a petition wherever you damn well please. On their forums you agreed to a set of rules that you must follow. Quit playing victim.

This is a horrible idea, one Microsoft has heard countless times no doubt. You aren't bringing up some kind of revolutionary idea to the table, your posts keep getting deleted because they've already addressed it and shot it down well before you came along.

Paulson
07-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Its their forums and they can moderate it however they want....Also I believe your confusing fear of your post/ideas with "beating a dead horse"

I know for a fact that if they ever allowed people to delete achievements, they would have COUNTLESS problems to arise from that....

RwHo
07-18-2011, 10:49 PM
I personally do not agree with your petition to be able to delete some of your Gamerscore. Your Gamerscore shows who you are, no need to be embarrassed because of a game you played or someone in your family played. Like for example, my sister plays the game Disney's Bolt on my account on my Xbox. I don't have anything wrong with this because she can do whatever she wants to do, no need to feel bad because I have a game on my History.

Calling achievements "impossible" is pretty out there also. If you don't think your going to be able to get every achievement for a game, then don't play it if it bugs you that bad. You having 100% on every game isn't gonna get you anywhere in life, just as me not having 100% in my games isn't gonna get me anywhere either. Just play the game.

Worhammer
07-18-2011, 11:04 PM
That's a tad extreme and a lot of work. All you need to do is hack a couple of games on your account, get reported to the Policy ENforcement Team (which we even have a forum where you can snitch on yourself), and they'll happily delete your achievements for you. And it didn't cost you any MSP!
lol. That is a MUCH better method.

It's good to have you back and chipping in your random wisdom all over the place. :D

Spanish Assault
07-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Well it looks like they deleted my original post and have locked my repost. It looks as though all those so called Ambassadors are acting quickly to try and silence me.

Now they say petitions are not allowed. Last I looked that is against the law. 1st amendment rights grant the freedom of petition. This overrides any corporate policy.

I have also placed the entire post on the True achievements blog if you wish to read it.

I think Microsoft is afraid of that post for I point out a major lack of quality control.

I say SUE THEM....someone get Johnny Cochran on the horn.

lol. That is a MUCH better method.

It's good to have you back and chipping in your random wisdom all over the place. :D

Wor you got some brown stuff on your nose...:p

Minty
07-18-2011, 11:27 PM

Thank fook, thought I was gonna have to get some Preparation H!

Worhammer
07-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I say SUE THEM....someone get Johnny Cochran on the horn.

Pfft. I don't brown nose. It's not like I'm vying for some mod position or anything.

By the way, Minty, have I ever told you how pretty your sig is?

*cough*

what?!?

TVthePunisher
07-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Hmmm...

Worhammer as he is today...

Worhammer Worhammer Worhammer as he could be tommorow...;>__>

AHEM! And all this time I thought Capn Doug was a mod lol...;>__> (changed the color, blue/grey/something is Mod! not Link Green! x.x;)

;_; sadface...

TVthePunisher
Banned User

YIKES NO! o_o;;

Gackt
07-19-2011, 12:09 AM

Seriously...you are wasting your time. This is a stupid request to begin with and online petitions do not work...ever.

TVthePunisher
07-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Seriously...you are wasting your time. This is a stupid request to begin with and online petitions do not work...ever.

He's right, ya'know. Hell, handwritten petitions seem to rarely work nowadays...that's like all the Resident Evil fans petitioning for a REmake of Resident Evil 2 (which we have waited for since REmake came out for the cube) but it will never happen. Really I'm surprised they listened to the controversy going on with the One-Game Save deal, then again so many game sites listed the article that they must have figured they'd get a worse reptutation if they kept it..and essentially lose money in the process. I still lol how myself and others are "conspiracy theorists" in regards to it =D

Besides, if this thread has evidenced anything, I don't think you'd get any signatures from here =/ if your petition had stayed, likely would have been treated the same way anywhere else.

mjc0961
07-19-2011, 12:20 AM

I think Microsoft is afraid of that post for I point out a major lack of quality control.Yep, it's a conspiracy to keep you from deleting your gamerscore. :rolleyes:

First off, you should learn what the first amendment actually says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.Last time I checked, Microsoft isn't Congress and they aren't prohibiting you from petitioning the US Government. This is what the 1st amendment actually is by the way: preventing the GOVERNMENT from restricting your right to free speech, peaceful assembly, and petitions. Not preventing CORPORATIONS from doing so. Just like on any other forum, content that is and isn't allowed is decided by that forum's owner, and if Microsoft has decided they don't want petitions on their forum, they're completely allowed to make that decision and deal with any petitions as they see fit.

Also, you mentioned a "major lack of quality control". What lack of quality control? Not being able to delete achievements is a lack of quality control? How? Because you can't stand that you played some games that have hard (not impossible) achievements and now you'd rather just delete all the achievements you got in that game rather than keep playing and get the rest? No, that is not a lack of quality control on Microsoft's part. Seems like a major lack of research and planning on your part, though. If you're so obsessed with keeping your game history full of 100%'s and not getting games with "impossible" achievements, spend more time looking into games, their achievement lists, and how hard those achievements are instead of just buying games and getting pissed off later when you find a hard achievement that you can't get. But no, it is absolutely not a "major lack of quality control" that you can't delete your achievements. Red Ring of Death was a major lack of quality control. This is just you being way too melodramatic.

Damian227
07-19-2011, 12:55 AM

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Conspiracy! quick call Mulder and Scully, they're surpressing the truth... oh wait, it's gamerscore.

I'm sorry, usually I just keep my mouth shut but this is crazy. You basically think people care about game completition and achievements on somebody elses profile... so want to remove the 'uncool' ones or things you're not good enough to achieve, so you can have 100%?

I don't get this obsession people have with having a 100% completition... it's not impressive to have one, if the only games you're playing are the easy ones, just so you can maintain that status? This shit is just beyond sad, gamerscore has become the crack of gaming.

At the end of the day, people will likely glance at your overall score, but nobody cares enough to scroll through games and make judgements and if they do, they're in as much need of help as you.

Dz06lt
07-19-2011, 01:00 AM
nope never you played it its yours

dirge
07-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Aint happening, get over it.

dakisbac
07-19-2011, 02:54 AM

1) I don't believe Ambassadors have the power to remove posts on the xbox forums, unless they are also moderators of course. Last I checked I couldn't remove other posts.

2) I always love watching people trying to fall back on free speech... read up and educate yourself on the matter. Freedom of speech applies only to the government, not a privately owned institution. You are effectively signing away certain rights (like free speech) when you agree to a ToS like the one for Xbox Live.

Capn Doug
07-19-2011, 03:24 AM
2) I always love watching people trying to fall back on free speech... read up and educate yourself on the matter. Freedom of speech applies only to the government, not a privately owned institution. You are effectively signing away certain rights (like free speech) when you agree to a ToS like the one for Xbox Live.

People like to over reach with arguments like that. Checkout whywasibanned.com and you will dozens of people arguing that they have the right to free speech on Live and the forums (spoiler alert: they don't).

That being said, I understand why the argument comes up every so often (I think this is the 4th petition I've seen in my 2 years in the community), but it will never and should never happen. Your gamertag is a record of your online history, designed to tell people what you have done. It isn't a Stalin era Soviet Encyclopedia, changable to suit whatever whim catches your fancy. Be proud of what you have done instead of regretting your mistakes. Or work to correct the mistakes that you can (*cough* NBAJAM *cough*).

Hmmm...

Worhammer as he is today...

Worhammer Worhammer Worhammer as he could be tommorow...;>__>

AHEM! And all this time I thought Capn Doug was a mod lol...;>__> (changed the color, blue/grey/something is Mod! not Link Green! x.x;)

;_; sadface...

YIKES NO! o_o;;

Sucking up to Minty doesn't get you into a mod spot. Outright bribery is required. But someone figured it out... damn... now I have to go back to being sane and rational in my arguments, not just respected out of fear.

DENAz666
07-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Crazy idea in my opinion. It would make completion rate obsolete, as you wouldn't actually know whether the person completes a lot of games, or if he just deletes the achievements that he doesn't want.

TobyLinn81
07-19-2011, 07:34 AM
I skimmed over this thread but I wanted to point out, if you have games that embarrass you on your profile (like games your kid played) then why wouldn't you give them their own profile on your xbox?

I take my profile very seriously, and my gamerscore I can proudly say is all mine (well except for Forza Motorsport which my bf played when I first got my xbox). The first thing I did on my xbox is create profiles for my boyfriend and my daughter, that way they could play their own games on their profiles and leave mine alone.

oo Pacsun oo
07-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Why would anyone want to delete gamerscore? I think the feature would be totally useless.

Mongolian Beef
07-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I don't see what the problem is. They already let you delete games with 0g, I think they should allow you to delete games whether it be 50g or 1000g, the point is you should be able to customize your card as you see fit.

jacobite
07-19-2011, 09:55 AM
I think it would cheapen the people who have some really good % scores I'v seen 80% and 90% total games played and thats worth a hats off to them.

Penguino Rojo
07-19-2011, 01:20 PM

I smell a troll.

Notice how he hasn't responded to anyones replies here?

Titanus Ferrum
07-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I smell a troll.

Notice how he hasn't responded to anyones replies here?

You smell someone who isnt on when everyone else is.

I was also spending most of my time dealing with a bunch of xbox.com ambassadors and forum mods who are on a power trip.

I also want to point out the fact that my posts were quickly locked and deleted for a reason. That reason is greed and giving anyone the ability to delete gamerscore would put a plug on their little gimmick.

Anytime an issue comes up that can compromise their image they act like this.

The starting issue was something as ridiculous as gamerscore but I am trying to point out a major issue here: Quality Control.

I also called out Microsoft on the fact they allow garbage games on their system, nothing new, but I don't like to listen to the critics either. This means I can only trust myself on this matter and I don't like paying for a crap title.

The other main issue is the damn run around from developes and Microsoft. Every time someone has an issue with a glitch or so on and so forth MS tells you to contact the developers, the the devs do nothing but give you the blind eye.

Has anyone been tired of this? I have, thats what I have been trying to get to the whole time.

Bistric
07-19-2011, 08:29 PM
The starting issue was something as ridiculous as gamerscore but I am trying to point out a major issue here: Quality Control.

I also called out Microsoft on the fact they allow garbage games on their system, nothing new, but I don't like to listen to the critics either. This means I can only trust myself on this matter and I don't like paying for a crap title.

Did the percentages somehow scramble your mind, or am I missing something here?

The way I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong, is that you are actually not complaining about deleting gamerscore, which was the entire point of your "petition", but that you're actually upset because there are some games that are of low quality which you happened to play through an unfortunate series of events.

Of course, which is correct, instead of listening to the critics or using a service like Metacritic to ascertain which games might be of poor quality, you go ahead and play those games only to find out that the critics were correct.

What does it mean that you don't like paying for a crap title? You play them without paying (piracy), or is it just a statement like: I don't like buying melted icecream or I don't like to pay for flat beer.

Again, there is a solution: Play them on a secondary account, it doesn't even have to be Gold, you can open an account for free, and test all the games there. If you feel like they are worth it, play them again with your main account and embarassment is avoided.

I'm afraid that by acting like a paranoid freak will get you nowhere with Microsoft, and in life in general.

Well, enough from me, I need to go to my local movie theater and complain about a few low-quality movies that they are showing right now. I might even demand that they give me my popcorn money back!

Capn Doug
07-19-2011, 08:41 PM

I was also spending most of my time dealing with a bunch of xbox.com ambassadors and forum mods who are on a power trip.

I also want to point out the fact that my posts were quickly locked and deleted for a reason. That reason is greed and giving anyone the ability to delete gamerscore would put a plug on their little gimmick.

The other main issue is the damn run around from developes and Microsoft. Every time someone has an issue with a glitch or so on and so forth MS tells you to contact the developers, the the devs do nothing but give you the blind eye.

Has anyone been tired of this? I have, thats what I have been trying to get to the whole time.

A few things. First, just because they disagree with you and are not allowing you to argue your case does not mean they are on a power trip. This issue has come up many times before, and when you grow tired of arguing over it, it will come up again. If it happens here, it probably happens elswhere, so you are not telling the people on xbox.com anything that they have not heard a dozen times before. It is like suggesting some things here. Want an x360a iPhone App? Well, that's been suggested many times, so at this point, you just get a one line response and your thread locked. And if you continue to beat that dead horse, you will probably be berated by a few people.

Second, on the issue of quality control, everyone has different standards. For every bad game, you will find people who love it, and for every acclaimed game, you will find people who hate it. There was one member of this site who felt the need to interject with his hatred of Mass Effect every time BioWare was mentioned. On the other side, I actually liked Iron Man. Most people pan it, but I actually enjoyed it.

Third, Microsoft is not responsible for the content of the game, that is the responsiblity of the developer, like they said. Your argument reminds me of the news outlet that contacted Sony, because of adoption controversy in Portal 2. It isn't Sony's problem, just like it isn't Microsoft's responsibility.

Minty
07-19-2011, 08:46 PM

Actually, they're not on a power trip. They're sane...you, hmmmm.

First of all, add the ability to remove games and every on the planet suddenly has a 100% completion. Therefore it's completely useless.

And bad games? Everyones opinion of bad games differs. For me, GoW is a bad game. I got more enjoyment out of My Horse and Me 2 for 6 hours than I got in the 20 mins I played Gears for. Does it mean Gears is a bad game? According to my personal taste...yep. According to the 5 million copies it sold...no.

You could argue that Red Dead was a bad game due to all the glitches in it, yet it is one of the best games on consoles.

If I was MS, I'd be giving you a helping hand in pushing you towards buying a PS3. Then you can have the exact same issues, as well as someone else running round with your credit card details. Then you can start another thread about how unhappy you are. Sure no-one will have started one of the posts this week either.

mjc0961
07-19-2011, 08:49 PM

The starting issue was something as ridiculous as gamerscore but I am trying to point out a major issue here: Quality Control.And yet again I point out that not being able to delete GamerScore is not a quality control issue.

And what gimmick is it exactly that relies on not being able to delete gamerscore? Would you care to explain this in more detail or do you just want to keep throwing out vague statements like this.

Of course, I don't know why I'm asking you questions. I won't get a reply; Penguino Rojo is right.

Spanish Assault
07-19-2011, 08:50 PM

I think you over reacting here...it's just a bad idea and majority don't want this.

Don't over think it.

skatemore
07-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Dude, I'm pretty sure... erm no, positive that you are really onto something. Wait hold on a second. O.k. I just used my brain and realized that everything you said is a complete load of crap.

What "image" are they upholding by your played game history... well um showing games that you have played?

Look not only are your arguments completely flawed. Even if you had decent points (hint, there are none) almost no one on here agrees with you and this is an achievement website. The idea is dumb. Move on with your life... I hear Jesse Ventura has a new book out.

Paulson
07-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Ahhh good old fashion paranoia!

I still don't see how it is bad business practice for them to lock a thread on a topic that has been done to death....I'm pretty sure its actually good forum moderation.

There are great sites(Like this one right here!) where you can check the requirements for achievements prior to playing the game in order to avoid that problem!

Ackter
07-20-2011, 08:56 PM
I believe deleting gamerscore should be allowed as long as that gamerscore was achieved by playing that shite Avatar game.

Robert999220
07-21-2011, 02:09 AM

Haha, are you serious? you post this HERE too!? its not trying to silence you, its that you dont seem to grasp the concept of agreeing to a ToU or CoC, meaning that when you use THEIR service, they are GOD. THEY make the commandments there whether you like it or not and you must follow them if you wish to be able to discuss things, if you dont like the rules, its not your choice so just dont use the forum. the US constitution has no authority what so ever on Microsoft branded services as it is their world and they make the rules as they see fit. not to mention there was already rules posted as to what is and isn't allowed and petitions were one of them.

Just a quick FYI, but being an ambassador gives you no power what so ever, its literally just an icon to show that you have proven that you are able to help people out when they need it, and are friendly about doing so.

AltruismIsDead
07-21-2011, 09:21 AM
When I came into work today, all my coworkers were making fun of the games I played on my games history list.... I really think he might be up to something... Wait, no, that didnt actually happen, because no one really cares about GS out in the real world.

I just keep asking myself, if he has such a hard on about this, why not just make a new account!?

TVthePunisher
07-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I deleted my entire lengthy post because I honestly want to stay as far away from this thing as possible. It's stupid, downright pointless and nobody's the bad guy! When Microsoft does something bad, they'll do it...but it certainly isn't in this case. Just let it alone...there are plenty of other conspiracy theories to latch onto. Get into JFK or something.

But finally, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HAS SAID, make a new account and play only good games. Problem solved. Oh, I mean games YOU think are good...remember, Halo might have half the people on my friends list wearing helmets on their avatars...but there are plenty of people who dislike it for LEGITIMATE reasons (other than bashing "because it's Halo", sadly kinda like "because it's Justin Bieber"...I don't like the kid because he hurts my eardrums).

MakoBallistic
07-22-2011, 01:37 PM
The people have quite clearly spoken, move on!

Lemonlimes249
07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Well I know you can delete an entire game's achievements but you lose all your data too. If you're asking for the ability to delete specific achievements then I think it's a good idea.

TriRock
07-26-2011, 04:25 PM
I can so identify with the OP. These days, I can't step outside during daylight because 8-year-olds point and laugh at me while pelting me with dried dog feces. I got fired from work, and shops won't sell me groceries unless I wear a dunce hat. Prostitutes won't accept me as their trick, homeless alcoholics tell me to man up and do something about my gamerscore. If only, only I could delete achievements off my profile! Oh, the humanity! :(

SHawk996
07-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Crazy idea in my opinion. It would make completion rate obsolete, as you wouldn't actually know whether the person completes a lot of games, or if he just deletes the achievements that he doesn't want.

As much as I would LOVE to delete some games off my profile, this just rings the truth.

I'm trying to get to at least about a 90% completion ratio. So I do it...then all of a sudden, you can get 100% if you want to? Well, that would just suck. :mad:

Deviantelf
07-27-2011, 06:01 AM
/sarcasm on
OH No!!! Reality sucks! My choices suck!
/sarcasm off.

If you don't want people to know what you play on your tag, don't get online. Or as others have said if you're that OCD with completion test it on an alt tag first. But to PETITION to be able to pretend you haven't done what you have done in an online tag environment??? Really? Seriously? There's enough bs in the world without bringing it to video games (at least more than is already there by modding/etc.). Grow up (and I don't care if you are 15 or 50... I mean that figuratively!).

rcnyc32
07-27-2011, 06:42 AM
There are some games I wished I'd never played or even attempted to play. Sometimes I'll play a game, get one or two achievements then realize, "This game sucks!!". I'm just uncomfortable with having incomplete games on my achievement list.

xxJUSTINxx
07-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Just do what most have already said. Make a second profile for pure "crappy" game testing.

Phantom-Phive
07-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I think it'd be more reasonable if microsoft allowed players to delete games that you have achieved 10-15% or less of the achievements. I know personally I have a few games I barely touched that I'd like to get rid of. I only got like 1 or 2 achievements for them before I became an achievement hunter.

Matt36
07-31-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm in creases at this. I read the first page and the original poster is talking about being 'silenced'? haha!

OVER ACHIEVEMENTS? REALLY!?

DJConnelly
07-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Your in the wrong place. I'll eat my slippers if this gets through. "Every Point Counts".

Spanish Assault
07-31-2011, 05:42 PM
I think it'd be more reasonable if microsoft allowed players to delete games that you have achieved 10-15% or less of the achievements. I know personally I have a few games I barely touched that I'd like to get rid of. I only got like 1 or 2 achievements for them before I became an achievement hunter.
looks like if you care about your completion percentage...your going to have to play through the game like everyone else....

BSC YoungBoy
07-31-2011, 09:31 PM
This seems to me like the OP got his 15 minutes of fame, or infamy, from the petition and is now desperate to keep the spotlight on himself by coming up with even more ridiculous theories even if it means making himself look like a complete idiot

VirtualScot
07-31-2011, 10:11 PM
It won't happen cause all the games you have unlocked achievements on are stored in Microsofts servers. I put a lot of emphasis on completion as well as i believe it's what games makes up your score that counts. Not just how big your score is.

Yeah my scores low the now as i have gamed under another tag in the past. Due to time restraints i gave it to someone else. I learned a lot though exactly what it takes to succeed in achievement hunting.

A lot of ppl with very high score have a god complex as i have learned (exspecialy from the infamous Left 4 Dead 2 expert glitch saga). Seeming to think there super skilled and that's why there score is so high. Infact achievements are more about who you know.

If your in with a certain niche then getting achievements/score is very easy.

Verdinial
07-31-2011, 11:37 PM
I'd like that, I hate accidentally unlocking achievements on games, and then having to go through and complete it.

AltruismIsDead
07-31-2011, 11:44 PM
I just remembered what could clear this all up.

There is a function on your Xbox system settings that enables you to put your games played and achievements earned on PRIVATE.

So there you go, you no longer have to feel embarrassed that you only got 5 :gsicon: on Hannah Montana, because if someone ever does decide to look at your games played list it'll be set to private. Meaning they can't see what games you played and got achievements from.

Otherwise the only reasonable explanation that I can think of why you would still want to delete gamer score after people have pointed out several things such as:

Create a New gamer tag
Create a "test game" account
Replay/rent any unfinished games to 100% completion
And lastly, put your settings to PRIVATE

Is the simple fact that you want 100% completion not legit. You want to delete games off your account you are incapable of getting 100% on, instead of taking the time and patience to get the full 100% on.

And that is where it really conflicts with legitimate completionists, who do strive to get 100% on everything they play, because if a dumbass idea like this comes along, all "wannabe" completionists will now be able to delete games they can't 100%, now making completion percentage mute.

So it's not like it's some revolutionary idea that YOU came up with, a thread like this comes up damn near every month, and every month it gets shot down. So any points you try to make supporting deleting gamerscore can be counter-pointed such as the whole:

When I was away my friend/child/spouse/etc played a game on my account I didn't want!

You are responsible for your account at all times

Meaning, tough luck, you shouldn't let people play on your account you don't want to. It's not hard making new accounts for other players, or putting a password on your account, or storing your account on a memory stick and removing it from the system when your not playing.

Or other "points" for deleting gamer score:

- I bought a game and ended up not liking it before I earned an achievement in it. I'll never play it again and want it removed!
+ That is what a Test/Dummy/Backup/Alternate account is for. If your a completionist, you should always try out games you're not sure you'll like.
- The server closed before I could finish!
+ The servers were open for at least a year before you started! Or at least simply stay away from EA titles. :p
- The game glitched and I can't get the last achievement! *cough*Bully*cough*
+ If you are really that serious about achievements you should have visited the plethora of websites dedicated to Xbox Achievements that have information about games that are known to have glitches.

So in the end, I am sure most people have a game or two they wish they could delete for actual legitimate reasons, but in the end acknowledge that if this was implemented, it would be abused and make completion % meaningless.

Case closed! :locked

Unfortunately another thread about "how cool it would be to delete achievements" will pop up again shortly after this thread dies.

Tonic24k
11-09-2011, 03:05 AM
I've got some 9/10 achievement difficulty games completed. You can't tell me that just because I want to delete some games off my tag that I need to get better at them. Fuck Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I can't play on Expert and never will be able to. I could manage on Hard but beyond that I'm fucked for getting the ridiculous achievements in those games. Those games would get straight deleted! I don't care what anyone else thinks of my gamer tag. I care. I want 100% because that's how I roll. There are some games impeding on that goal and precluding me from attaining it. So, give a player some amnesty and allow me to delete a group of games. One shot and if I fuck up my completion percentage afterward then it's on me.

Primate
11-09-2011, 03:45 AM
I cant see it ever happening but if it did there are a few games I have no intention of ever playing that i would remove.

Kairi
11-09-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't think people here are going to agree with your petition considering that this is an achievement site and people here like getting gamerscore. I know I really like earning achievements and that gamerscore is a good thing. Most people here will most likely agree with me and not your petition. I honestly doubt Microsoft would look at it too.

Worhammer
11-09-2011, 04:01 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/11026/11291113.jpg

DragonsGoMOO
11-09-2011, 04:09 AM
....I don't like links. Why can't people just copy and paste them here? I'm tired of opening a thread, seeing just one line of text, which is a link. I'd like to have a little knowledge so I can decide if I want to go in or not.

And thanks to reading people's comment, I decided not to waste my time. It's an achievement site, and pretty much one of the few reasons why I'm here. I'm gonna wish you luck, but I would never do any of that if it passes. And it will never pass.

iBuzz7S
11-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Ha, xbox.com. The laughing stock of all gaming forums. They DO NOT listen to anything, anybody says on there.

DOOKH8R
11-09-2011, 04:30 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/11026/11291113.jpg

Yes! ...........

AltruismIsDead
11-09-2011, 06:10 AM
I should make a suggestion to improve the X360A forums.

They should have some script that auto deletes any threads with the words "gamerscore, achievements" and "delete" in the title.

DecadentBeaver
11-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Well, I have a few games with low gamerscore on. Like Tropico 3 5g. Not likely to ever play that again. Dead Space 2 195g. Again, not likely to play that again either. But you know what? I don't care.

I have a completion ratio of almost 60%. I have 3 arcade, and 16 retail games completed with all the achievements. Some as easy as Megamind, all the way to Assassins Creed 2. None have been overly hard. But I've done them, and I'm happy with what I have "achieved". Keyword there.

I have got a new account going just for games that I will 100%. But that's a little side project. And also an account for my stepson to play on so he can play what he wants. I share my live account with my g/f as she only plays Hexic. Which she has earned almost all of them herself.

Dav13s
11-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Ugh, this thread should have died ages ago. Tonic 24k, I hate you.

Minty
11-09-2011, 12:22 PM
You can't tell me that just because I want to delete some games off my tag that I need to get better at them. ...... I can't play on Expert and never will be able to. .........I care. .

Actually, you told yourself you're not good enough.

You care? Well you don't care enough to not play a game that you yourself have admitted you don't have the skill level to complete. If you care- don't play it on your tag. Simples.

Exits are located here, here and the big white cross in the corner.