PDA

View Full Version : Things I would like to see return from Modern 2 Warfare

iLLMATICxKiNG
07-18-2011, 04:44 PM
I was recently thinking of some reasons I liked MW2 way more than Black Ops. I think these are some reasons and what they need to do in MW3:

-Gun camos - An initiative to get headshots with guns. Also, it's just more fun showing off your camos that you HAVE EARNED, NOT BOUGHT.

- Titles/Emblems - An initiative (besides XP) to get challenges done! I thought these were also fun to show off to other players!

- Stopping Power - Yes, stopping power. This and ghost need to be in the same set of perks so ghost doe not get over used like in Black Ops!

- The way you unlock gun attachments - I find it more fun to just unlock attachments by using the gun, not buying them. Which leads into my next point...

- NO COD POINTS SYSTEM - Geez, what to say. I like earning things, not just buying them. I want to have to use the gun. In MW2 I used a lot of the guns to just get attachments. In Black Ops, I only used a select number of the guns because I could unlock EVERYTHING I want for it, in just a few games.

- The way sniping was/more sniping maps! - Let's get one point through, SNIPING WAS PATHETIC IN BLACK OPS!!! To prevent quickscoping they made the scope bounce around like you were jumping on a trampoline trying to snipe! Why prevent quickscoping? Sure it's not fun to get killed by it, but when you pull it off...man it is fun.. AND PUT MORE BIG MAPS IN FOR SNIPING.

- Less balancing - Most of you may disagree with this point but at least I know what I am talking about :p. The guns seem the exact same! It is okay to have every gun different, that's why they are different! They try to hard to please everyone, but IT CANNOT HAPPEN.

- Different iron sights - IN BLACK OPS, TOO MANY GUNS HAD THE SAME LOOKING IRON SIGHT! Famas, AUG, G11, Enfield, Commando. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!

- Way of voting maps - Bring back the MW2/CoD4/WaW way. Please...

Things I would like to see return from Black Ops:

- Theatre Mode - Pretty much self explanatory.

- Way of editing private games - So much fun to create games and try them out. And Michael Myers was so much more fun in MW2 so this would be great it MW3!

- Fun game types (wager) - Since I don't want a CoD point system, it would still be cool to have fun gametypes! Maybe unlock special titles for playing them?

- Leave with party option! - It was so annoying in MW2 when you couldn't back out with party.

- Only FORCE party chat in S&D - This is pretty self explanatory. No one wants to talk to another in CoD, it's full of trash talkers.

EMP
07-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I would probably agree with most of the things you have touched on. Another thing I would bring up is kill streaks, I would like to see them to be stackable again. Also keep things like the RC/XD out of the game they truly are stupid.

On the subject of the Leader Boards it would be nice if they went back to the old system of it going by kills, but like Black Ops they have it set up for each game type and so on.

For the emblems and titles, I would like them to implement a system where you have titles like in MW2 but you can customize what you want it to say within the title and either to earn the emblem in some form, or maybe your own customizable emblem but I wouldn't like it as much because it turns into this form of (immaturity by other who have things such as animals having sex with humans, and other bullshit)

For the camos I would like them to have more challenges for headshots with more camos. Maybe make it into like 10 different camos by way of headshot. Or I wouldn't mind if they took the idea of custom camo from Rainbow Six Vegas: 2, I would like if you could choose your own camo patterns and colors and truly make your own unique gun. Also keep the idea of your clan tag on your gun with your weapon, but incorporate challenges to do so.

Another thing which you brought up the Stopping Power, I agree they need to bring it back simply because players are always are going to chose Ghost majority of the time and it just makes many things like UAV and all pointless because your so stealth, if they put both perks into the same color then there will be a much bigger variety of classes for others.

Also keep the bring back everyone to the main menu option back. When they put it into WaW they seem to take it out in MW2 don't know why. This is very minor but it's not a make or brake deal if they have the option or not.

One last thing I would say is to make the value of the highest prestige much more VALUABLE!!!! They need to have something special for achieving the highest prestige. Such as more customization to your player maybe? There's so many things you can do. I felt in MW2 the reward was weak.. A title saying 10 prestige who gives a shit? Maybe as soon as you hit the highest prestige you can get Platinum and Golden guns. Once you hit the highest prestige then you unlock a new small set of challenges where you need a certain amount of kills and headshots and you can get a Platinum or Gold gun by your choice, and if you want you can unlock both special camos for a gun. Also when you hit the highest prestige you get special player names in the lobby like your name is highlighted in Gold idk, but something you know to that effect. When I see people play there like what's the point you get nothing really for prestigeing. I would love to see the value of being that high more worth it. Even though I have had the highest prestige in every Cod except WaW.

iLLMATICxKiNG
07-18-2011, 05:30 PM
I would probably agree with most of the things you have touched on. Another thing I would bring up is kill streaks, I would like to see them to be stackable again. Also keep things like the RC/XD out of the game they truly are stupid.

On the subject of the Leader Boards it would be nice if they went back to the old system of it going by kills, but like Black Ops they have it set up for each game type and so on.

For the emblems and titles, I would like them to implement a system where you have titles like in MW2 but you can customize what you want it to say within the title and either to earn the emblem in some form, or maybe your own customizable emblem but I wouldn't like it as much because it turns into this form of (immaturity by other who have things such as animals having sex with humans, and other bullshit)

For the camos I would like them to have more challenges for headshots with more camos. Maybe make it into like 10 different camos by way of headshot. Or I wouldn't mind if they took the idea of custom camo from Rainbow Six Vegas: 2, I would like if you could choose your own camo patterns and colors and truly make your own unique gun. Also keep the idea of your clan tag on your gun with your weapon, but incorporate challenges to do so.

Another thing which you brought up the Stopping Power, I agree they need to bring it back simply because players are always are going to chose Ghost majority of the time and it just makes many things like UAV and all pointless because your so stealth, if they put both perks into the same color then there will be a much bigger variety of classes for others.

Also keep the bring back everyone to the main menu option back. When they put it into WaW they seem to take it out in MW2 don't know why. This is very minor but it's not a make or brake deal if they have the option or not.

One last thing I would say is to make the value of the highest prestige much more VALUABLE!!!! They need to have something special for achieving the highest prestige. Such as more customization to your player maybe? There's so many things you can do. I felt in MW2 the reward was weak.. A title saying 10 prestige who gives a shit? Maybe as soon as you hit the highest prestige you can get Platinum and Golden guns. Once you hit the highest prestige then you unlock a new small set of challenges where you need a certain amount of kills and headshots and you can get a Platinum or Gold gun by your choice, and if you want you can unlock both special camos for a gun. Also when you hit the highest prestige you get special player names in the lobby like your name is highlighted in Gold idk, but something you know to that effect. When I see people play there like what's the point you get nothing really for prestigeing. I would love to see the value of being that high more worth it. Even though I have had the highest prestige in every Cod except WaW.

I absolutely agree with what you have said. And bring back golden guns like they were in CoD4! I don't wanna unlock all golden guns at prestige 14!

darkboy
07-19-2011, 12:57 AM
the valuable of winning should be way higher!! nowadays on MW2 you only see people going for kills and k/d and doesn't give a shit about winning (talking about the objective games) maybe they should make losing would result in 1/2 of the match bonus you normally get from winning. lets say if you got 1000 exp for winning then only get 500 if you lose.

and as mentioned above prestiging to max would be rewarded with something big!

other things mentioned above i agree with

fallout frank
07-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Agree with everything iLLMATICxKiNG said, but in response to the second poster, kill streaks should never again be stackable, highest kill streak should be 11, emps and nukes are shit and 11 is easily obtainable playing normally, anything higher encourages camping/boosting, and stackables in mw2 made it so you only needed 5 kills to earn a chopper gunner which was stupid.

I also think they should bring back quickscoping allthough i didnt do it much it made sniping a viable option as a method of play where as now the snipers are crap. Also get rid of last stand it sucks.

Douy75
07-19-2011, 02:50 PM
I also think they should bring back quickscoping allthough i didnt do it much it made sniping a viable option as a method of play where as now the snipers are crap. Also get rid of last stand it sucks.

You can still quick scope on black ops, it's just a bit harder. I done it for a while when I got bored of the Famas!

Stackable killstreaks make more sense I think. It would allow them to add more for higher killstreaks. A nuke shouldn't be added though, just ruined the game when you got a camper/booster who used it.

I preferred MW2 to Black Ops in many ways. Doing challenges to unlock attachments was cooler and more rewarding than just buying them, for example.

CFC07
07-19-2011, 03:11 PM
I hate cod points. It is so much more fun working towards titles,emblems and camos.

iLLMATICxKiNG
07-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I hate cod points. It is so much more fun working towards titles,emblems and camos.

Me too! Before it came out I was thinking it would be fun!
But in the long run it makes the lasting appeal of the game decrease greatly!

iLLMATICxKiNG
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Edited and added "Things I would like to see return from Black Ops".

ryangiroux1
07-21-2011, 07:33 PM
COD points are stupid because it's way too easy to get them. One high roller match, and you can get like five guns. That's why I stopped playing Black Ops, there was no challenge.

Allrutz58
07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
I wish dogs were not in this game. I hate those damn things

LizardKingv666
08-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I hope that the achievements will be like MW2 -so NO Multiplayer-Achievements. Good campaign-achievements and good spec ops-achievements - thats how a game should be :-)

I also would like to see no animals in CoD games. I'm a great friend of animals so i don't like the aspect of killing animals in a game - that's how I see things, so don't offend me for liking animals.

Burnout x360a
08-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Attack Dogs would be nice but since they tend to only be in Treyarch's games, not likely.

I'd like to see the in game scoreboard stick with the Black Ops way and show things like captures and defends for example.

F3aR tH3 pSychO
08-04-2011, 08:10 PM
They ARE NOT bringing back stopping power, but they are going to differentiate between gun balancing and try to make every gun unique. They are going to have a very different way of unlocking things as stated, nothin is going to be the same, y don't ppl go look online for confirmed info before making a thread?

Hamburgerous
08-04-2011, 10:57 PM
They ARE NOT bringing back stopping power, but they are going to differentiate between gun balancing and try to make every gun unique. They are going to have a very different way of unlocking things as stated, nothin is going to be the same, y don't ppl go look online for confirmed info before making a thread?

Because it's thing's I'd LIKE to see. Not things I know I'm going to see and am pissed off about.

iLLMATICxKiNG
08-05-2011, 12:08 AM

Yeah calm your hormones man.
I was just saying it would be NICE to see it AGAIN so it could balance out. Ghost was WAY too OVER USED in BLACK OPS.

F3aR tH3 pSychO
08-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Yeah calm your hormones man.
I was just saying it would be NICE to see it AGAIN so it could balance out. Ghost was WAY too OVER USED in BLACK OPS.

Srry I misread then, but yah they are not bringing stopping power back and I never used ghost, I only used it for machinima purposes with hiding tactics, u shud check it out, on Hanoi and Villa :) XDDDD

Coadster1
08-05-2011, 08:50 AM
I agree with the following, you basically summed everything I would want up.

-Gun camos - An initiative to get headshots with guns. Also, it's just more fun showing off your camos that you HAVE EARNED, NOT BOUGHT.

- Titles/Emblems - An initiative (besides XP) to get challenges done! I thought these were also fun to show off to other players!

- Stopping Power - Yes, stopping power. This and ghost need to be in the same set of perks so ghost doe not get over used like in Black Ops!

- The way you unlock gun attachments - I find it more fun to just unlock attachments by using the gun, not buying them. Which leads into my next point...

- NO COD POINTS SYSTEM - Geez, what to say. I like earning things, not just buying them. I want to have to use the gun. In MW2 I used a lot of the guns to just get attachments. In Black Ops, I only used a select number of the guns because I could unlock EVERYTHING I want for it, in just a few games.

- The way sniping was/more sniping maps! - Let's get one point through, SNIPING WAS PATHETIC IN BLACK OPS!!! To prevent quickscoping they made the scope bounce around like you were jumping on a trampoline trying to snipe! Why prevent quickscoping? Sure it's not fun to get killed by it, but when you pull it off...man it is fun.. AND PUT MORE BIG MAPS IN FOR SNIPING.

- Less balancing - Most of you may disagree with this point but at least I know what I am talking about :p. The guns seem the exact same! It is okay to have every gun different, that's why they are different! They try to hard to please everyone, but IT CANNOT HAPPEN.

- Way of voting maps - Bring back the MW2/CoD4/WaW way. Please...

Things I would like to see return from Black Ops:

- Theatre Mode - Pretty much self explanatory.

- Way of editing private games - So much fun to create games and try them out. And Michael Myers was so much more fun in MW2 so this would be great it MW3!

- Fun game types (wager) - Since I don't want a CoD point system, it would still be cool to have fun gametypes! Maybe unlock special titles for playing them?

- Leave with party option! - It was so annoying in MW2 when you couldn't back out with party.

- Only FORCE party chat in S&D - This is pretty self explanatory. No one wants to talk to another in CoD, it's full of trash talkers.

Enki x360a
08-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I'd really like to see the weapons from MW2 in MW3. They are imo just way better than all the weapons in black ops.

I think the only thing they really should do is reducing the auto-aim. Modern Warfare 2 was really great when it comes to aiming, in black ops the auto-aim leads you towards an enemy who is hiding in the next corner. do not want.

Hamburgerous
08-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I'd really like to see the weapons from MW2 in MW3. They are imo just way better than all the weapons in black ops.

I think the only thing they really should do is reducing the auto-aim. Modern Warfare 2 was really great when it comes to aiming, in black ops the auto-aim leads you towards an enemy who is hiding in the next corner. do not want.

You can turn it off in Black Ops. It's still not "off" but it's less than in MW2. They should just remove auto-aim completely.

MxPx
08-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Me too! Before it came out I was thinking it would be fun!
But in the long run it makes the lasting appeal of the game decrease greatly!

I disagree. It allows the player to more freely make classes, and enjoy perks in the game. In MW2 style, the player gets locked into certain gun classes over and over as those are the ones he is used to playing...his reliable set ups.

And for the record, "quickscoping" is not "sniping the way it should be". I hope it doesn't return.

Why do you need stopping power when you have hardened?

plinny1984
08-09-2011, 12:52 AM
something i dont want to see return in mw3 are the scumbags who use j-tags, mods, glitches, cheats etc. way to many of them in mw2. all cheating proves is that they are no good at playing the game and have to cheat to win. im not amazing at cod but i aint rubbish either and i have never used cheats in an online game. i swear down if IW, SHG, Activision & microsoft dont come down hard on the cheaters and ban them permanently i will never play a cod game ever again and i will be very tempeted to sell my complete cod collection.

Rep
08-09-2011, 12:54 AM
The only really thing that I want to return are the ACR and the TAR-21.

woodpete12
08-09-2011, 12:57 AM
I disagree. It allows the player to more freely make classes, and enjoy perks in the game. In MW2 style, the player gets locked into certain gun classes over and over as those are the ones he is used to playing...his reliable set ups.

And for the record, "quickscoping" is not "sniping the way it should be". I hope it doesn't return.

Why do you need stopping power when you have hardened?

I disagree with you. With Cod Points you can automatically buy your three favorite perks. In MW2s way they make it so you unlock perks and equipment by leveling up, which is a better way to try and get people to try different perks, equipment, etc. In BO every prestige i bought Galil Dual Mag at lvl 20 with Hardline, SoH, and Hacker. It was the class I used every prestige so the game quickly got boring by prestige 2.

I think everyone on this forum knows quickscoping is stupid. And you don't need to worry because another thread earlier said Robert Bowling confrmed that there will be a snipers only lobby.

Hardened does not increase bullet damage, only decreases the damage decreased when shooting through walls. (Does that make sense?) And stopping power multiplies bullet damage by 1.4. If stopping power and hardened were to be in the same tier (hypothetically) absolutely no one would use hardened.

MxPx
08-09-2011, 01:07 AM
I disagree with you. With Cod Points you can automatically buy your three favorite perks. In MW2s way they make it so you unlock perks and equipment by leveling up, which is a better way to try and get people to try different perks, equipment, etc. In BO every prestige i bought Galil Dual Mag at lvl 20 with Hardline, SoH, and Hacker. It was the class I used every prestige so the game quickly got boring by prestige 2.

I think everyone on this forum knows quickscoping is stupid. And you don't need to worry because another thread earlier said Robert Bowling confrmed that there will be a snipers only lobby.

Hardened does not increase bullet damage, only decreases the damage decreased when shooting through walls. (Does that make sense?) And stopping power multiplies bullet damage by 1.4. If stopping power and hardened were to be in the same tier (hypothetically) absolutely no one would use hardened.

I don't see how that system would get people to try new classes...I'm not going to use some gun I hate, with some scope I hate, (such as ACOG) just so I can get a certain other gun or perk...I'd much rather cut through all that crap and go right to what I want. It makes the game more enjoyable...there's no wasted time.

I'm pretty sure hardened increases direct bullet impact as well. My M16 kills in 1-2 bursts with hardened, whereas it takes 2-3 without it....from the same distances. It also makes a different noise upon impact. You hear a deeper "thud", and the controller vibrates slightly more strongly w/ hardened on.

Enki x360a
08-09-2011, 10:39 AM
You can turn it off in Black Ops. It's still not "off" but it's less than in MW2. They should just remove auto-aim completely.

I know, but this wouldn't really make sense because everyone else is using it. So it should be as it is in Modern Warfare 2 - that was pretty good.

mark23
08-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure hardened increases direct bullet impact as well. My M16 kills in 1-2 bursts with hardened, whereas it takes 2-3 without it....from the same distances. It also makes a different noise upon impact. You hear a deeper "thud", and the controller vibrates slightly more strongly w/ hardened on.

Hardened doesn't do that in BO's, when u get pro it decrease's bullet flinch so that when u are getting shot at you have more control over your gun then u would without hardened pro, also hardened doesn't increase bullet damage what so ever & the gun sounding more powerful is because when using FMJ/hardened u use a different type of round making the gun sound different.

frankq831
08-09-2011, 11:09 PM
something i dont want to see return in mw3 are the scumbags who use j-tags, mods, glitches, cheats etc. way to many of them in mw2. all cheating proves is that they are no good at playing the game and have to cheat to win. im not amazing at cod but i aint rubbish either and i have never used cheats in an online game. i swear down if IW, SHG, Activision & microsoft dont come down hard on the cheaters and ban them permanently i will never play a cod game ever again and i will be very tempeted to sell my complete cod collection.

so? who are you 1 measly customer

corymonster1
08-09-2011, 11:23 PM
As many people have said I want the cod points removed as well. It takes much more skill to get fall rather than just buy a camo. I think the main reason for making cod points is for the people who don't play as much to still be able to buy all the same camos and attachments which is stupid and makes it harder to tell the difference from a noob or a pro. Also I hated that you couldn't talk in party chat in MW2.

Counter Airstrike
08-13-2011, 11:20 PM
What I want to return is killstreaks. In the new survival mode they did put point streaks( IMS,Predator Missile, Juggarnaut, and possibly the AC-130). Like everyone else i don't think we should have cod points unless its for killstreaks thats good for me.:uzi:

MxPx
08-14-2011, 10:24 AM
What I want to return is killstreaks. In the new survival mode they did put point streaks( IMS,Predator Missile, Juggarnaut, and possibly the AC-130). Like everyone else i don't think we should have cod points unless its for killstreaks thats good for me.:uzi:

What do you mean? Killstreaks never left...

Burnout x360a
08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
What do you mean? Killstreaks never left...

He means rather than earning them via 'points', they are earnt via kills.

MxPx
08-14-2011, 06:47 PM
He means rather than earning them via 'points', they are earnt via kills.

That's also never changed. He must be referring to perks/weapons.