PDA

View Full Version : Is there a website that gives you discounts from pre-orders?

Mr360xX
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
I want to pre-order Halo CEA Mw3 dead island and gears of war 3. Is there a discount on any websites if i pre-order those?

Banes
07-19-2011, 01:46 AM
If you can even find a website with a discount, it isn't going to be significant. Especially for the games you're looking for. Those games will all be top dollar, sorry to burst your bubble.

Sylon00
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Sometimes Amazon offers a 10% discount on your next purchase after pre-ordering certain games. Other sites give incentives for pre-ordering, like exclusive DLC, etc.

Veedrock
07-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Amazon's bonus credits are the closest thing you're going to get. If you pre-order Gears of War 3 you'll get a $20 credit, which can then be applied to pre-ordering another game. If that game has credit you can apply that to yet another game and so on. No other game you listed in the OP currently have pre-order credit though, but they might get one closer to release. Just have to keep an eye on them.

Wortsenawl
07-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Well I pre-ordered dead island from Zavvi for 30 which is significantly less than most other places. Batman Arkham City I got from Game seek for 29.99 + PP (1.99)

just have to shop around a little

Worhammer
07-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Best Buy's Gamerzone Rewards program gives you a $100 gift certificate for every 5 games you preorder (which comes to be $20 a game) as well as a $10 gift certificate for every $150 you spend on games. If you subscribe to their magazine, they also have a ton of coupons inside on new games. They had a $15 off coupon for Dungeon Siege 3 in this month's which I used, so that was nice. They also give more for trade-ins than Gamestop, but that doesn't help me cause I don't trade games.