PDA

View Full Version : Will Microsoft ever bring back the good xbox games?

Mr360xX
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I just wish Microsoft will bring back the good original xbox games, and have achievements in them that would be awesome. Like bring back Manhunt, The Punisher and all of GTA games and add achievements. You think they will ever do this?

JAW LV
07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
You can play a ton of original Xbox games, but they don't have cheeves. I doubt MS would add on cheeves to these older games as it would require the developer to put in additional resources/$$$ into it.

Gamerdude5448
07-19-2011, 03:14 AM
You can play a ton of original Xbox games, but they don't have cheeves. I doubt MS would add on cheeves to these older games as it would require the developer to put in additional resources/$$$ into it.
They did add gamerscore for Beyond Good & Evil so it's a maybe.

Fullmetalx07
07-19-2011, 03:18 AM
They did add gamerscore for Beyond Good & Evil so it's a maybe.

That's because they re-release in HD and for the XBLA

Neverender
07-19-2011, 04:17 AM
I assume that's going to be pretty much the only way original Xbox titles will get 360 ports and achievements. It's happened with several other games as well. I could see a compilation disc of similar titles or a franchise happening, but even then they'd likely only be the arcade titles burned to a disc like the Limbo/Trials/Splosion Man thing was.

Capn Doug
07-19-2011, 04:24 AM

It was also a way to get people to remember it since BG&E 2 has been in the works for the last few years. Hopefully that one takes less time than Duke Nukem.

Mister Spraggsy
07-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Microsoft did say thay cant add achievments to the original titles. Something to do with the way the achievment system works. I cant remember the exact words they used but i remeber thinking at the time it made sence.

Vigor
07-19-2011, 08:03 AM
I'd buy a CE of DJFFNY if they ever re-release that game for the 360.

Calmosity
07-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Get Gears of War 3. That will be the ish.

II M1CK3H II
07-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Microsoft care very little for the current core gamers, nevermind the games that made the original Xbox great. Unless its got Halo stamped across its forehead or involves the use of kinect they arent interested.

Opiate42
07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Microsoft did say thay cant add achievments to the original titles. Something to do with the way the achievment system works. I cant remember the exact words they used but i remeber thinking at the time it made sence.

Basically a game is coded during development with event triggers and counters that achievements will be unlocked by when the requirements for those triggers are met.

Original xbox games were not coded with those triggers, the achievement system had not been invented yet. The xbox originals through XBL are just ports, basically a data dump onto the XBL servers and not an overhauling revamp of the game like Beyond Good & Evil HD was and Halo CE Anniversary is going to be.

It's during that overhaul where the devs can add the achievements. Ultimately, releasing the older xbox games is up to the developers and publishers themselves to do if they feel it is worth re-releasing it.

Personally I'd love to see Tron 2.0 Killer App get a revamp and achievements, that game was fun!! It saddened me when I first got my 360 and it wasn't on the big "backwards compatible" list.

sphinx6
07-28-2011, 06:14 AM
we were talking about age of empires in another thread and i know it has been put out for the original xbox. i for one would like to see age of empires on the xbox 360, whos with me?! :Bounce:

StillTIPPIN187
07-28-2011, 11:31 AM
MS has nothing to do with creating games like GTA and Manhunt..

Talk to Rockstar about that.

H0p3sfalL
07-28-2011, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=Mr360xX;4367231 Like bring back Manhunt, QUOTE]

Would love for RS to bring this back. But with how so many people and I mean sooooooo many people would bitch and fight on how nasty of a game it is. I mean look at all the shit MW2 got with the " No Russian". Also GTA has had it share which was quoted by a U.S. Army member on what he feels what war is like. Point being, I just dont see anyone wanting to fight a very long up hill battle for game that might not even sell that great to begin with(could be wrong).

MakoBallistic
07-28-2011, 07:41 PM
I would kill for a HD remake of GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas, with improved visuals and majorly improved draw distance. If this does happen though i would have thought it wont be until the next generation of Xbox.

sphinx6
07-28-2011, 07:55 PM
we were talking about age of empires in another thread and i know it has been put out for the original xbox. i for one would like to see age of empires on the xbox 360, whos with me?! :Bounce:

my bad. there would be little point in releasing age of empires again with xbox 360 on the cover if its going to be just like the game you can already play on the console. i forgot that you can play original xbox games on your xbox 360. but i really have never played one original xbox game ever on my xbox 360. i might hunt down age of empires 2 for the original xbox, buy it, then play it one day.

newbsicle
07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
There's really no reason why the games weren't released with achievements. From what I read in (oxm) it's a relatively easy one-person job to add achievements in video games. If the games had achievements I can think of a number I would have gladly replayed.

A spokesman for the marketplace once said commented on why the games didn't have achievements and he said something to the effect of, 'We don't want to change the classics in any way'. Which I thought was strange at the time seeing as how many of the games being released we're only 2-5 years old. It got even stranger seeing ACTUAL classics with achievements.

Coadster1
07-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I wish Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas came with achievements, it's the only original Xbox game I downloaded on my Xbox.

Lemonlimes249
07-29-2011, 01:34 AM
The first Halo is coming back with better graphics and achievements and stuff :woop:

DieselPowerMack
07-29-2011, 02:02 AM
I wish they would bring back "Black".

Tufty
07-29-2011, 03:15 AM
Developers will do it if it will make money, but I honestly don't think it the best idea if they're trying to please the gaming community. The only reason they are bringing back GoldenEye is because everyone would by that game back for the current generation system in a heartbeat because of nothing but nostalgia. But go back and play GoldenEye now and see how it hold up to current titles like Call of Duty. It would be a piece of crap compared to what we have now, and by re creating some of these games they're most likely going to leave a lot of gamers disappointed with the result of these titles.

Liquid-X
07-29-2011, 07:03 AM
The first Halo is coming back with better graphics and achievements and stuff :woop:

Just don't expect the original multiplayer experience with remastered graphics. It's basically re-using Reach's multiplayer.

CyanideSpirit
07-29-2011, 09:37 AM
I just wish Microsoft will bring back the good original xbox games, and have achievements in them that would be awesome. Like bring back Manhunt, The Punisher and all of GTA games and add achievements. You think they will ever do this?

The Punisher was a good game?

Elit3 m0nkey
07-29-2011, 03:43 PM

I want MS to bring games like MechAssault and Crimson Sky back. Imagine those developed on the 360

Liquid-X
07-30-2011, 02:01 AM
The Punisher was a good game?

It wasn't spectacular, but it was good. I mean, how can you not like shoving enemies faces into beartraps, or hiding in a coffin at a mob funeral to gun everyone down?

CuddlyREDRUM
07-30-2011, 06:43 AM
I never had Xbox OG, but the game lineup doesn't really seem that great to me.